View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Bribery is the fastest way to a woman's heart
    Yup! I cooked dinner and dessert for her tonight. All her favorite stuff. She leaned over and said , whatever you want ... tonight you get it. thats why i was... absent for a while lol
    lcjr and Charles Martin1 like this.
    04-05-13 06:26 PM
    Yup! I cooked dinner and dessert for her tonight. All her favorite stuff. She leaned over and said , whatever you want ... tonight you get it. thats why i was... absent for a while lol
    lol Big ups my friend, next to bribery, its shoes and food, and i think u got all ur bases covered.
    Charles Martin1 likes this.
    04-05-13 06:30 PM
    It was only 30 seconds from your last post.
    Hope BlackBerry shoots up as fast as you post.
    LOL really just kidding man.Got to keep the woman happy to buy more BlackBerry.
    Marc_Paradise likes this.
    04-05-13 06:31 PM
    I hope folks aren't pinning too much on the Q10.

My prediction is that it exists only for the die-hard keyboard faithful. We will not see any real marketing push behind it. It won't be manufactured in the same quantity.

I say this for a couple of reasons.

First, they're very slow in getting devices out to developers. With release less than a month away, this by itself speaks volumes: they're not focusing the same level of energy on making sure it;s ready for consumers.

This has a cascading effect. It means the vast majority of apps in app world will not be marked as compatible with Q10 which means a much smaller app selection. Which again, points to a release not at all targeted to consumers. I frankly don't expect some of the big name apps we already have to make an appearance for some time after launch.

I just don't think they consider keyboards part of anything more than a niche market within a niche market. Heins has previously said they expect 1/4 the sales of Z10 iirc.

So we might get a temporary boost from announcement of the device, but don't expect a significant impact to the bottom line. There seems to be little focus on selling those devices - so if you don't already know about it you'll possibly never be made aware.
    04-05-13 06:35 PM
    It was only 30 seconds from your last post.
    Hope BlackBerry shoots up as fast as you post.
    LOL really just kidding man.Got to keep the woman happy to buy more BlackBerry.
    yea but i took a 2 hr break before I came back to post in the first place Woot Woot! lol.
    04-05-13 06:51 PM

My prediction is that it exists only for the die-hard keyboard faithful. We will not see any real marketing push behind it. It won't be manufactured in the same quantity.

First, they're very slow in getting devices out to developers. With release less than a month away, this by itself speaks volumes: they're not focusing the same level of energy on making sure it;s ready for consumers.

This has a cascading effect. It means the vast majority of apps in app world will not be marked as compatible with Q10 which means a much smaller app selection. Which again, points to a release not at all targeted to consumers. I frankly don't expect some of the big name apps we already have to make an appearance for some time after launch.

I just don't think they consider keyboards part of anything more than a niche market within a niche market. Heins has previously said they expect 1/4 the sales of Z10 iirc.

So we might get a temporary boost from announcement of the device, but don't expect a significant impact to the bottom line. There seems to be little focus on selling those devices - so if you don't already know about it you'll possibly never be made aware.
    It's hard to disagree with anything you're pointing out... But at the same time, the Q10 is likely to appeal to governments and enterprises (and the 'power user')... Where the app gap isn't too important. What's more important is how solid a performer the Q10 is (doesn't freeze, doesn't require battery pulls, and can browse the internet with the best of them...and upwards from there).

In the heavy use environments, i think the QWERTY design just lends itself better than all glass designs... By nature, physical keyboard is a more rugged design. I work in the major appliance business and for clothes washers and dryers, it took us *years* to switch from mechanical timers/knobs to full digital touch pads. There is still a great deal of people that want that tactile feedback. There is still a healthy appetite for knobs and physical keys, imo. This group knows that BB offers the best keyboard experience, bar none... So BB has them locked in, with or without heavy marketing.
    Last edited by m0de25; 04-05-13 at 09:21 PM.
    04-05-13 06:55 PM
    But how did you manage to be absent a whole five minutes?
    Charles Martin1 and CDM76 like this.
    04-05-13 07:03 PM

I hope that isn't the case.

Aren't there potentially tens of millions of users that will very likely upgrade to the Q10?
    04-05-13 07:07 PM
    Question regarding the Q10 and apps, won't all apps made for BB10 format work on all BB10 devices? Why would the BB10 need special apps? Just asking.
    04-05-13 07:11 PM
    Question regarding the Q10 and apps, won't all apps made for BB10 format work on all BB10 devices? Why would the BB10 need special apps? Just asking.
    Different screen size and physical keyboard

Posted via CB10 on a BLACK Z10!
    04-05-13 07:14 PM
    Basically some will, some won't, and most will take at least some amount of tweaking by developers before they're going to feel like they actually belong on the Q10.

Posted via CB10
    04-05-13 07:17 PM
    Different screen size and physical keyboard

I'm not understanding why the apps don't automatically adjust to the user screen. You know, like the other brand's apps do. Also, what does the keyboard have to do with it if both are touch screens?
    04-05-13 07:19 PM
    I don't want to be taken wrong, I was just under the impression that this was what the big BB10 software change was all about. I'm thinking now we're pretty much back where we were with the app issues.
    04-05-13 07:21 PM
    I don't want to be taken wrong, I was just under the impression that this was what the big BB10 software change was all about. I'm thinking now we're pretty much back where we were with the app issues.
    I'm curious too...why do we (BB) not have something like this built into the OS?
    How Android Scales Apps for Different Screen Sizes - Tested
    04-05-13 07:29 PM
    I'm not understanding why the apps don't automatically adjust to the user screen. You know, like the other brand's apps do. Also, what does the keyboard have to do with it if both are touch screens?
    Just because you can adjust to an app to a user's screen does not make it a pleasant experience. Consider some Playbook app ports for the Z10. Sometimes, the buttons get mashed together. The problem is smaller if the display is simply smaller on one device than the other but with the same aspect ratio. This is true with Android devices. When you have two devices with completely different screen sizes and different aspect ratios like the Q10 and the Z10, I imagine that Z10 apps could be a very uncomfortable experience for Q10 users.

EDIT: To better illustrate the issue, consider the HTC Status:
    http://www.engadget.com/2011/07/22/htc-status-review/

The HTC Sense user interface on the Status looks quite different from HTC Sense on, say, the Droid Incredible.
    Shanerredflag likes this.
    04-05-13 07:32 PM
    Just because you can adjust to an app to a user's screen does not make it a pleasant experience. Consider some Playbook app ports for the Z10. Sometimes, the buttons get mashed together. The problem is smaller if the display is simply smaller on one device than the other but with the same aspect ratio. This is true with Android devices. When you have two devices with completely different screen sizes and different aspect ratios like the Q10 and the Z10, I imagine that Z10 apps could be a very uncomfortable experience for Q10 users.

My buck is on BlackBerry having already included the adjustment with the developers in advance and pretty much all apps are migrating to the Q10, you won't be missing any of them. Gotta go for a drink.
    04-05-13 07:38 PM
    I see BBRY gained $.01 in AH.
    A step in th right direction. Lol
    04-05-13 07:39 PM
    I can understand that with the games apps. But what about normal apps? Shouldn't they adjust automatically? I mean the average BB user should know not to attempt a very busy game on a small screen, but I think I should be able to open and use a finance app on the playbook and then later open up that app on my phone with no issues.
    04-05-13 07:40 PM
    My buck is on BlackBerry having already included the adjustment with the developers in advance and pretty much all apps are migrating to the Q10, you won't be missing any of them. Gotta go for a drink.
    Thanks Morgan. I'm already there. Have a safe evening.
    04-05-13 07:42 PM
    Going to the kitchen for one of these.....
    Attached Thumbnails The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-beer.jpg  
    04-05-13 07:56 PM
    Yeah, it seems. One thing after another...
    04-05-13 07:56 PM
    I can understand that with the games apps. But what about normal apps? Shouldn't they adjust automatically? I mean the average BB user should know not to attempt a very busy game on a small screen, but I think I should be able to open and use a finance app on the playbook and then later open up that app on my phone with no issues.
    But as a developer I'd want to make absolutely sure that the user experience was perfect before I certified my application as ready for the q10 (or any other platforms) . I wouldn't like to have an app just posted on bbw with out knowing what device it was going to run on. BlackBerry could come up with some wacky device and my app would go haywire and I have no say because BlackBerry tried to make all apps universal.

lcjr likes this.
    04-05-13 07:57 PM
    Going to the kitchen for one of these.....
    Mmmmmm...mm those look Good!!!!! wish I had a couple.

04-05-13 08:00 PM

Hard to say. They still can't accurately change aspect ratios on televisions, i.e. head shapes, etc. are stretched or compressed. I would think that the same issue would exist with the Q10 and its different aspect ratio.
    04-05-13 08:02 PM
    Mmmmmm...mm those look Good!!!!! wish I had a couple.

Come on over. I'm on the patio in 83 degree weather. Here's some of my back yard area. You all are welcome.
    Attached Thumbnails The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-canopy4.jpg  
    04-05-13 08:14 PM
113,256 ... 610611612613614 ...