View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    04-05-13 02:49 PM
    Morgan I am down 7% on apple. Do you think I should exit my position before it gets worse?
    In IMO sell on any strength, I think they will have a bad quarter, only increase in sales I see would be the iPad Mini everything else will be lower. I suspect it should bump up a little next week, as the 52 week low held.
    04-05-13 02:50 PM
    Not surprised by the drop considering the overall market, luckily I jumped on the $TFT ETF to take advantage, should have also went in on the $VXX as well but I am happy with it, probably only a one week trade.
    Shanerredflag likes this.
    04-05-13 02:50 PM
    OMG, I just looked back at the NASDAQ page and see we're down to $14.67. Geeez I'm ready for a cold beer.
    A cold one when it goes down, a cold one when it goes up. Looks like a win-win situation to me.. LOL
    lcjr, cjcampbell, spike12 and 1 others like this.
    04-05-13 02:51 PM
    OMG, I just looked back at the NASDAQ page and see we're down to $14.67. Geeez I'm ready for a cold beer.
    Cheers..a much needed rest for the weekend.
    04-05-13 02:53 PM
    Morgan I am down 7% on apple. Do you think I should exit my position before it gets worse?
    Hi Mike,

Sorry to hear about your paper loss, here is a chart on Apple:

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-rim-april-05a-2013-chart.jpg

As you can see, Apple is in one terrible downtrend and it ticks me off when analysts keep telling us that it is ready for a bull run. It isn't ready because it hasn't formed a base to rally from. If you are in around $ 455.00 or so, I would wait for the stock to pop a bit and sell Call Options against the position. I see the stock bottoming out around $ 400.00 where there is plenty of support, look at where it is on my chart, zero support right here, and so Call options will hold you over, lower your cost basis and see you though until the base is in, in a couple of months. Any rally in this play without a base is a time to sell rally.

Good luck with it, you aren't under by much and regaining $ 455/shr isn't hard to do when the bottom is only $ 20.00/shr below today's low.
    04-05-13 02:55 PM
    Not surprised by the drop considering the overall market, luckily I jumped on the $TFT ETF to take advantage, should have also went in on the $VXX as well but I am happy with it, probably only a one week trade.
    VXX = Great opportunity!! ETF = yet another volatile stock to take advatage of. Great finds and thanks for sharing!
    MoolahMitch likes this.
    04-05-13 02:58 PM
    I'm not clear if bb10 is even included in those results. Browser will identify differently than bbos and it's not clear how or if that's being captured.
    Bugmapper likes this.
    04-05-13 03:01 PM
    I'm not clear if bb10 is even included in those results. Browser will identify differently than bbos and it's not clear how or if that's being captured.
    I think it's still a cool chart. I wasn't surprised about Germany either. Android rules there right now followed by iOS but BB sales are pretty good from what I'm reading on-line.
    04-05-13 03:10 PM
    I hate all the bad news about BlackBerry,all the negative comments.People hate BlackBerry and this is true.
    Guess what,things will change and stock will creep up.
    Some people are big believers here with over 100,000 bucks invested here.

So I say stay positive BlackBerry came from 6-7 bucks now at 14-15 and maybe will get gains like this stock soon.

It is not a stretch that this could happen on good news for BlackBerry.

04-05-13 03:25 PM
    I agree, I seem to remember that there were some surges in those charts a few weeks back that are not there anymore. Still, some positive signs, if only subtle.

Posted via CB10 on a BLACK Z10!
    04-05-13 03:27 PM
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-lcjr.png

a big shout out for lcjr!

woot, woot!
    04-05-13 03:46 PM
    A cold one when it goes down, a cold one when it goes up. Looks like a win-win situation to me.. LOL
    don't forget the cold one for when it goes sideways... win-win-win. - - !!!
    plasmid_boy and lcjr like this.
    04-05-13 03:50 PM
    I understand what you mean. Me personally I love how light it is. I've been getting really sick of my phone pulling my sweats off when I run lol. Darn heavy phones
    Too light and the plastic feel was wrong for me. That's for me guys so please don't bash. I was envisioning the solid feel I get with my 9930. Can't wait to demo the Q10 when it gets here. If my 9930 screen was just a bit larger I would be tempted to hold what I got, but i know I'd be missing out on all the new developments regarding technology.
    lcjr likes this.
    04-05-13 03:56 PM
    t-5 minutes to "commuter ****".
    Then t-40 minutes to "dinner with the family".
    Then t-0 min to beer o'clock...
    oh, the humanity....!
    04-05-13 03:56 PM
    I understand what you mean. Me personally I love how light it is. I've been getting really sick of my phone pulling my sweats off when I run lol. Darn heavy phones

the Q10 has a larger battery but a thinner OLED screen then the Z10. the weight might be about the same. Anybody got the specs handy?
    04-05-13 03:59 PM
    Geez, I wonder if we can expect another low volume week next week...I certainly hope not but if there isn't any good news for BBRY, we could slowly trend downward all next week. I figure that the disappointing US numbers today could contribute to a bit of an equity hangover for a week or more.
    Last edited by Charles Martin1; 04-05-13 at 04:13 PM.
    04-05-13 04:01 PM
    the Q10 has a larger battery but a thinner OLED screen then the Z10. the weight might be about the same. Anybody got the specs handy?
    Just for fun
    Z10 137.5 g
    Q10 139 g
    9930 130 g

lcjr, do you sport a case on your 9930? that might make the difference between the phone feeling light to you.
    04-05-13 04:02 PM
    Man looking at my portfolio I'm so mad that I woke up at 4 o'clock and missed my chance to sell off cities and buy more BBRY. Would have lowered my break even on BBRY considerably. Just hoping it doesn't jump horribly high on Mondays open
    04-05-13 04:03 PM
    Geez, I wonder if we can expect another low volume week next week...I certainly hope not.
    Low volume is good because it pushes out the days to cover for the shorts, it also should mean less volatility and a tightening of the bollinger bands.
    if we can get two weeks of low volume with a sideways push on the share price, we could finally see some real movement in the stock when the Q10 starts to ship and the shorts start to get called in... just saying.
    morganplus8 and Markymark 23 like this.
    04-05-13 04:11 PM
    Just for fun
    Z10 137.5 g
    Q10 139 g
    9930 130 g

lcjr, do you sport a case on your 9930? that might make the difference between the phone feeling light to you.
    I have the standard clip on holster but no case and no screen protector. I like it naked. lol
    04-05-13 04:16 PM
    Low volume is good because it pushes out the days to cover for the shorts, it also should mean less volatility and a tightening of the bollinger bands.
    if we can get two weeks of low volume with a sideways push on the share price, we could finally see some real movement in the stock when the Q10 starts to ship and the shorts start to get called in... just saying.

Well, I think we may get it. These numbers from the US are going to cause a bit of a drag on equities for a week or more.

However, I just hope when it does surge that we're not sitting in the low $ 14s only to jump back up to just under $16.
    04-05-13 04:16 PM
    Speaking of screen protectors, you guys should have seen me struggling last night when I was putting on a new screen protector on my Playbook. I had more bubbles than a glass of champaign.
    04-05-13 04:19 PM
    I have the standard clip on holster but no case and no screen protector. I like it naked. lol
    You should like this then

Posted via CB10
    Markymark 23 likes this.
    04-05-13 04:20 PM
    Well, I think we may get it. These numbers from the US are going to cause a bit of a drag on equities for a week or more.

However, I just hope when it does surge that we're not sitting in the low $ 14s only to jump back up to just under $16.
    Bingo. We need to at least be in the $17s after next week and then over $18 after that.
    04-05-13 04:20 PM
113,250 ... 608609610611612 ...