View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    The Canadian Dollar is down .75/100's today, it is getting hammered on the employment news. You always calculate the current exchange rate and multiply it against the US stock price to get the CDN result. If you own BB in CDN currency, you love it when the dollar falls as it is today. You will likely be up today! Cheers for that!! This is why we never chart with currency issues like the CDN dollar, it distorts the chart too much.
    Yip, Canada's dollar suffers from its petro-currency status on days like today. Great for some things, though.
    morganplus8 and bungaboy like this.
    04-05-13 08:58 AM
    [QUOTE=OMGitworks;8261181]
    The US just needs to stop having such a ****ty economy and the stock market in general will rocket. You can't go a month without new of unemployment or bad economic numbers dragging everything down.[/QUOTE?]

Sadly on Wall Street with the Dow at an all time high and bonus season paydays still occurring they don't care about the Main St economy as long as their rocket has launched.
    If you think Bay or Wall Street can or even should care about Main street then you shouldb't be investing in Equities. Their jobs are to make money. Period. As it should be. "caring' has nothing to do with it, nor should it.
    Charles Martin1 likes this.
    04-05-13 09:01 AM
    I am not that naive, but I don't think the two need to be mutually exclusive. That said, I know full well at the end of the day how they will act and I act accordingly with my $$$....
    04-05-13 09:09 AM
    So morgan... we're in the middle of resolving that pennant?

Seems like a breakout should be imminent.
    morlock_man!

Yeah, I have suggested weeks ago that the delays in launching product are really taking the rally out of BlackBerry. We had to wait 7 weeks to get the US on board and now we are waiting to see Q10 launch, all of the trading you are seeing today is just that, a sideways move while we wait for news. If they had launched the Z10 in late January, then mid-February for the Z10 in the US followed by mid-March for the Q10, you know, tighten things up here, we would be in the $ 20.00's. This waiting and not knowing makes you think BlackBerry is short product and that's not good news. The buzz is gone while we wait. They are slow for a reason as a major launch would have cost them a $ 1 billion in inventory.

And so the stock price continues to stretch out to accommadate the delays. We are very bullish unlike stocks like Apple, it is so close to making another 52 week low and that's not good for the general market. The general market is getting hit hard today and that's not good for us either. And so wthe best scenario is for everything to move sideways while we wait for Q10 news of the launch date.

Funny, but the most important thing for me today is whether we can win that vote against Apple at CNBC because it makes for some interesting comments on Monday when CNBC, who clearly hate BBRY, will have to eat their words and realize that many investors think BlackBerry is back and going to kick Apples' ****! So for me, the booze comes out if we beat Apple. The stock, I don't really care, we are up on the week and that's good news to me. (So far) There really is nothing wrong with our investment, it is the Q10 launch delays that allow shorts to position themselves again.
    04-05-13 09:10 AM
    Q10 pre-orders are available. Comes out late April in UK
    lcjr likes this.
    04-05-13 09:16 AM
    The best way Wall or Bay Street to help main street is to make money. If they start 'caring' then watch out.
    Roadway to **** is laid with best intentions and all that.
    04-05-13 09:17 AM
    [QUOTE=matthewriedle;8264332]

If you think Bay or Wall Street can or even should care about Main street then you shouldb't be investing in Equities. Their jobs are to make money. Period. As it should be. "caring' has nothing to do with it, nor should it.
    Edit: Quoting on this thread is broken gayyyyyy

I tend to agree, as one of the bankers on put it during the Occupy Wall St Movement "I arrive at work before they come to protest, I leave work long after they leave, yet they complain that I make more money then they do". That is the exact mentality you just showcased by saying Wall st has to care about main street. Main St has to care about main street. It isn't wall streets job to give people work ethic. I mean when I did Investment Banking I was pulling in 100+ hour weeks 90% of the time. You better believe i'm going to make a **** of a lot more then the 8-5 guys. That sad thing in the states is people are more inclined to look down on the one who works hard and can afford a Ferrari instead of looking up as something to accomplish.
    04-05-13 09:21 AM
    I'll pass the 10:30 dip today
    04-05-13 09:25 AM
    So... BBRY seems to be demolishing Apple in that CNBC poll.
    04-05-13 09:32 AM
    So... BBRY seems to be demolishing Apple in that CNBC poll.
    I scrolled back a couple of pages but cant seem to find the link for that poll. Can someone re post it?

Thank you.
    04-05-13 09:37 AM
    LOL @ all this good news :

placing the second largest order of BlackBerry

Pre order for Q10 started in UK

Massive BlackBerry commercials appear on many TV networks appea

BlackBerry going nuts in advertising in the BarClay Center in Brooklyn

but yet the stock is down 2.50%... gotta love America!

This is getting ridiculous honestly.. i don't think I wanna participate in this thread anymore, and I'm going to stop checking BBRY price for a while. It puts me in a really bad mood.

Posted via CB10
    fedakd and Markymark 23 like this.
    04-05-13 09:45 AM
    I scrolled back a couple of pages but cant seem to find the link for that poll. Can someone re post it?

Thank you.
    Vote Now! Apple vs. BlackBerry in Squawk Box Money Madness Final
    bungaboy and Shanerredflag like this.
    Hey good guys and girls didn't see anyone post this yet so go vote!
    Vote Now! Apple vs. BlackBerry in Squawk Box Money Madness Final
    Here is the link and creds to helopilot06 for posting it this monring.
    bungaboy, fedakd and helopilot06 like this.
    BBRY dicking all over APPL. I bet the analyst they use to be bullish BBRY will accidentally be bearish BBRY.
    04-05-13 09:49 AM
    Hey Guys, is QNX a publicly trading company? Wonder how much money they make and whether BBRY includes their numbers in their quarterly results.
    04-05-13 09:56 AM
    And still winning.

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-capture.png
    04-05-13 09:56 AM
    From the Glob & Maul

Pretty much along our lines of thought.

Stock to watch: Don’t hang up on BlackBerry maker RIM quite yet
    SHIRLEY WON
    The Globe and Mail
    Published Thursday, Apr. 04 2013, 7:06 PM EDT
    Last updated Thursday, Apr. 04 2013, 7:11 PM EDT

Research In Motion Ltd.

Last close: $15.18 a share

52-week trading range: $6.10 to $18.53 a share

Annual dividend: none

Analysts’ ratings: There were nine buys, 15 holds and 21 sells, according to Bloomberg data. Target prices ranged from $5.07 a share as estimated by Berenberg Bank analyst Adnann Ahmad, to $22.35 by Scotia Capital Markets analyst Gus Papageorgiou.

Recent history: Shares of the Waterloo, Ont.-based maker of the BlackBerry smartphone hit a 52-week low last September, but have rallied back to garner a 19.5 per cent gain over one year. The stock had suffered because of delays in launching its BlackBerry Z10 mobile touch-screen device, but began moving higher on growing optimism that it would make its Jan. 30 target-date launch. Research In Motion, which informally calls itself BlackBerry, surprised the Street last week with a return to profitability and gross margins of 40 per cent when it reported its fourth-quarter earnings. The results drew mixed reviews from analysts, with some concerned that the firm’s subscriber base had also fallen by three million customers to 76 million during the latest period. The fourth quarter does not include the U.S. launch of the new BlackBerry on March 22.

Manager insight: The overall sentiment towards RIM is still very negative when looking at analysts’ ratings, but it’s not time to hang up on this stock, says Steven Palmer, a hedge fund manager and president of AlphaNorth Asset Management Inc. “I am still bullish.”

The rollout of the new BlackBerry is being done in stages, but it is the BlackBerry Q10 keypad version, to be launched this month, that “is really the device that everyone is waiting for,” said Mr. Palmer, who owns shares in RIM. (He has been trading the stock for more than a year and a half, and bought his largest position last September when RIM fell to just below $7 a share. He sold almost half of his position when it hit the $15 range.)

BlackBerry is know for its Qwerty keyboard, so “I think there is a huge number of BlackBerry users who are going to want the new device,” he said. The company has more than 70 million subscribers, so just the upgrades from those consumers are “enough to have a significant positive benefit for BlackBerry in their revenue and bottom line,” he said.

With the fourth-quarter results surprising analysts with a profit of 19 cents a share against a loss of 24 cents a year earlier, “that is very signficant, given that they didn’t even have the new product [effectively] launched,” he said. “There were hardly any sales of the Z10 at that point, and there was low expectations for the sale of the old product.”

It’s hard to value RIM’s stock now because analysts’ estimates are all over the map, but one has to keep in mind that 40 per cent of RIM’s market value ($3-billion U.S.) is actually in cash, he said. It is generally the U.S. analysts who are “negative on RIM,” he noted. “I went through this in the late ’90s with Palm, that has basically gone to zero. The U.S. analysts were very bullish on Palm, and negative on RIM at that time or not as positive. Clearly RIM won that battle.”

His back-of-the envelope target for RIM is the mid-$20 range. “It doesn’t mean that I am going to sell when it gets there, but that is the nearer-term potential for the stock,” he said. “It’s quite volatile, but you can’t really watch and worry about the daily fluctuations. I would have no problem buying it right now at roughly $15 a share.”

RIM shares seem to have declined on multiple occasions to the $13 level where it has bottomed, he said. “That seems to be a support or entry point that has worked. But I don’t think it will get there. If I am correct, and the stock is going to continue to go up, the next inflection point should be higher than $13, so I would probably use $14 as a good entry point.”

Last edited by bungaboy; 04-05-13 at 10:20 AM.
    04-05-13 09:59 AM
    From the Glob & Maul

Pretty much along our lines of theought.

Well, we're right in the $14 region now so feel free to hop on anytime folks...LOL
    04-05-13 10:03 AM
    BBRY dicking all over APPL. I bet the analyst they use to be bullish BBRY will accidentally be bearish BBRY.
    Yes, "accidentally".
    04-05-13 10:04 AM
    Would love to but it's only for Facebook losers.
    Charles Martin1, bungaboy and lcjr like this.
    04-05-13 10:05 AM
    Not sure if this has been posted...worth a second look anyway:

bungaboy, morganplus8 and lcjr like this.
    04-05-13 10:06 AM
    And still winning.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.PNG 
Views:	378 
Size:	12.7 KB 
ID:	147878
    Did you see that? In the last 5 minutes, there were 400 more votes that suddenly appeared and Apple edged up to 39%. There might be some Apple moneyfgoing into the results. (I believe in alien flying spaceships too)
    Shanerredflag and bungaboy like this.
    04-05-13 10:06 AM
    Saddest part of US report is the 496,000 people who just gave up looking for work and removed themselves from the workforce. The combined unemployed and UNDER employed rate is actually near 14%. Just brutal.
    It's not really brutal, it's what I have been seeing for a couple of years now. I go to Walmart and, I do work like a dog, the ones who are coming out with shopping carts full of groceries are the ones who are unemployed, unlike me who is working and being very selective as to what I buy. So when those who are unemployed can purchase more than those who work I would say things are really ****ed up. I do know that the are enjoying life at my tax expense. Although things are not bad enough yet that ppl are willing to come work in agriculture, when we reach this point, I will actually be quite concerned.
    04-05-13 10:10 AM
    Did you see that? In the last 5 minutes, there were 400 more votes that suddenly appeared and Apple edged up to 39%. There might be some Apple moneyfgoing into the results. (I believe in alien flying spaceships too)
    The Facebook results shouldn't be as easy to manipulate.

They're currently Apple 14% - BBRY 86%.
    04-05-13 10:13 AM
    Have they (CNBC) got a video of their analysts talking about the BlackBerry and Apple matchup yet?
    04-05-13 10:23 AM
113,256 ... 604605606607608 ...