View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Damn, $14.77 on the pre-market. I know it's understood the overall stock market will be down but I hope it doesn't affect BBRY too much. I'll be happy even if stay on $15 this week.
    04-05-13 06:52 AM
    There's a place to vote half way down on the left
    But I think only the one in the FB page counts.
    04-05-13 06:54 AM
    Wow! USA numbers came in REALLY low...anything can happen from here. fingers crossed. Should at least be great for my precious metals holdings.
    04-05-13 07:44 AM
    Wow! USA numbers came in REALLY low...anything can happen from here. fingers crossed. Should at least be great for my precious metals holdings.
    Yep, huge miss. Canada numbers not good either. All red today my guess.
    04-05-13 07:47 AM
    Nice...we may just suffer low volume today...SP is pretty steady yet. It's certainly not your mainstream stock...
    04-05-13 07:48 AM
    Here's the chart to start the day off with:

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-rim-april-05-2013-chart.jpg

Looks like the massive sell-off in the general market will hurt us today. We will likely test the 50-dma at $ 14.71/shr and bounce off of that. We could easily fiinish the day back in the bullish stance because volume has dried up for BlackBerry. Look for us to trade above the 50-dma and wait for the market to come back or at least stabilize in here. Yesterday we just barely held the 5-dma and today we are giving it up as we wait for news on when the Q10 will launch.

Great article this morning on QNX, ................. and don't forget to vote for BlackBerry versus Apple to on CNBC!!!
    The little-known company that controls your car - Fortune Tech
    04-05-13 07:50 AM
    As always thanks for ur data Morgan.
    _dimi_ and morganplus8 like this.
    04-05-13 08:02 AM
    If bbm music was such a little known and used service why is it that every media outllet and blog from here to Timbuktu has a 'story' on its demise with a headline like 'bbm music takes a dirt nap'? /end rant.
    04-05-13 08:07 AM
    Morgan+8 you always know when to post something reassuring
    just as the waves of the BBRY start to get a wee bit crazy.
    TY for such great timing and info.
    04-05-13 08:12 AM
    04-05-13 08:13 AM
    If bbm music was such a little known and used service why is it that every media outllet and blog from here to Timbuktu has a 'story' on its demise with a headline like 'bbm music takes a dirt nap'? /end rant.
    Any opportunity to exploit bad news is all the short dogs want. All Joe/Jane public interprets from seeing the headlines is that BlackBerry (the company trying to turn it around) is already closing BBM music. Just another negative hit but it may have more bite than we want.
    m0de25 likes this.
    04-05-13 08:20 AM
    Morgan+8 you always know when to post something reassuring
    just as the waves of the BBRY start to get a wee bit crazy.
    TY for such great timing and info.
    Hi Rebekah!!

Thanks for that! Sometimes its just good timing and other times I can see the mood unnecessarily changing for the worse.This is just another trading day while we wait for the Q10 launch date. I'm glad I don't own Apple right now, imagine us sitting pennies away from another 52 week low and I'm trying to tell you that the stock will hold their lows!! Right ......

If you move the decimal place on AAPL to $ 42.77/shr and you know the recent 52 week low is $ 41.90/shr, that's less than a buck away from another round of drops in the stock. We don't have to worry about these things. We need to know that BBRY just has to climb its monthly rate of $ 1.10shr in order to make us tons of money here. Just follow that 7-month uptrend line until 2014 and we are at $ 25.00/shr. That's a great return without really ever experiencing a major move in the stock. So if you look at investing this way, you need to see BBRY go up $ .27/shr each week, ..... are we doing that? I'll meet up with you are the end of the day and we'll review!! Have a great day!

PS. Be sure to vote for BlackBerry today, we are the David in this battle against Apple.
    cjcampbell, bungaboy and _dimi_ like this.
    04-05-13 08:29 AM
    Just wondering where the options players have their bets for today. I don't trade options so I have no idea, but I recall last Friday we ended the week where the maximum number of options expired worthless. My guess would be we'll end the week in a similar fashion regardless of the news. Just my 2 cents.
    04-05-13 08:30 AM
    the BB on TSX isn't down as much as BBRY on Nasdaq.
    lately, when one is down $.20, the other is down $.20.
    not today. weird.
    bungaboy likes this.
    04-05-13 08:33 AM
    So morgan... we're in the middle of resolving that pennant?

Seems like a breakout should be imminent.
    04-05-13 08:35 AM
    Hi Rebekah!!

Thanks for that! Sometimes its just good timing and other times I can see the mood unnecessarily changing for the worse.This is just another trading day while we wait for the Q10 launch date. I'm glad I don't own Apple right now, imagine us sitting pennies away from another 52 week low and I'm trying to tell you that the stock will hold their lows!! Right ......

If you move the decimal place on AAPL to $ 42.77/shr and you know the recent 52 week low is $ 41.90/shr, that's less than a buck away from another round of drops in the stock. We don't have to worry about these things. We need to know that BBRY just has to climb its monthly rate of $ 1.10shr in order to make us tons of money here. Just follow that 7-month uptrend line until 2014 and we are at $ 25.00/shr. That's a great return without really ever experiencing a major move in the stock. So if you look at investing this way, you need to see BBRY go up $ .27/shr each week, ..... are we doing that? I'll meet up with you are the end of the day and we'll review!! Have a great day!

PS. Be sure to vote for BlackBerry today, we are the David in this battle against Apple.
    Bang on with Apple, the sad part of all that is our kids RESP's with IG have a fund that contains about 10% apple. Disappointing.
    Looking into Self-directed options for this and not finding much that would get the gov't 20% kick in's. Won't give up looking
    for a way though lol
    bungaboy likes this.
    04-05-13 08:36 AM
    There'll be a lot of red today on the trading floors...but lots of green for people who played it right.

I just hope BBRY doesn't get hit too hard. Fingers crossed.
    04-05-13 08:39 AM
    the BB on TSX isn't down as much as BBRY on Nasdaq.
    lately, when one is down $.20, the other is down $.20.
    not today. weird.
    The Canadian Dollar is down .75/100's today, it is getting hammered on the employment news. You always calculate the current exchange rate and multiply it against the US stock price to get the CDN result. If you own BB in CDN currency, you love it when the dollar falls as it is today. You will likely be up today! Cheers for that!! This is why we never chart with currency issues like the CDN dollar, it distorts the chart too much.
    bungaboy likes this.
    04-05-13 08:40 AM
    FB is up over 3%...go figure...
    04-05-13 08:41 AM
    ohh what excellent timing with the dollar, gotta take a bunch out of our USD acct today
    to pay for our last night ford expedition purchase. Good all the way around.
    morganplus8, lcjr and bungaboy like this.
    04-05-13 08:43 AM
    FB is up over 3%...go figure...
    Where do you see that? I see them being down, and down since open.
    04-05-13 08:45 AM
    Where do you see that? I see them being down, and down since open.
    So it is...perhaps it was cached in my computer's memory from yesterday. It shows -0.78% now.
    04-05-13 08:47 AM
    Saddest part of US report is the 496,000 people who just gave up looking for work and removed themselves from the workforce. The combined unemployed and UNDER employed rate is actually near 14%. Just brutal.
    04-05-13 08:48 AM
    Yip. That's me! I'm really excited!

I've been off Facebook for over a year now and just got back on for these votes. Lol
    I left my comment as well. I'm about to delete my FB account, as it's simply ridiculous now.
    04-05-13 08:49 AM
    Saddest part of US report is the 496,000 people who just gave up looking for work and removed themselves from the workforce. The combined unemployed and UNDER employed rate is actually near 14%. Just brutal.

What's obscene about it all is how the media and politicians have distorted the truth. Especially the politicians. They've been gloating for months about the big turnaround while turning a blind eye to the undercurrents that showed the real picture. I'm so glad I studied economics...the most practical degree there is, in my mind at least.

Anybody who wants things to look rosie never looks beyond the gross figures. Eventually it bites them in the arse, which is exactly what we're seeing right this very minute.

Shortly, we should expect to read about how the US unemployment rate has fallen to 7.6% (with no mention of millions of people who have fallen out of the labour market)...but I digress.

Go BBRY!!!

Last edited by Charles Martin1; 04-05-13 at 09:04 AM.
    Marc_Paradise and bungaboy like this.
    04-05-13 08:53 AM
113,256 ... 603604605606607 ...