View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Articles with headlines with a question mark. Hmmm...

Betteridge's law of headlines - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Damn, I just bought an Apple TV a month ago, I wish I waited...

I was actually referring to this story today that was making the rounds.

60-inch Apple iTV to be controlled by iRing remote? ? The Register

Posted via CB10
    lcjr and bungaboy like this.
    04-04-13 10:42 PM
    Articles with headlines with a question mark. Hmmm...

Betteridge's law of headlines - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Awesome, I didn't know that until now. Good to hear from you again Thunder.
    04-04-13 10:46 PM
    When you have a moment, can you post a link or point me in the right direction so I can ensure my daughter gets the right tv? I'm about to buy her a new one and better not mess it up. Lol

Edit: please remember I just got back from being stationed in Germany for many years and we did not have these modern options there.
    Almost all new (Smart) TVs support built in DLNA. Heck, most have inbuilt media players, Youtube, Netflix apps etc. Just look for "DLNA" sticker on the box or on bezel of the demo TV @ store.

Some new TVs might even support "Miracast" and "WiDi".
    Miracast/WiDi = screen mirroring. Like Apple's Airplay/Screen mirroring standard. But only better because it does not require a wireless router intermediary.
    http://www.wihdrocks.com/wtf-is-miracast/
    dusdal, bungaboy and lcjr like this.
    04-04-13 11:02 PM
    My 2 teenagers picked up my z10 phone, loved the keyboard and pretty much laughed at the rest. My daughter wanted to know where instagram was and my son rattled off a bunch of Apps that are not available on BB (yet...) He finished by saying it was a nice phone...for a blackberry...and for me....

BBRY has to figure out how to get to this crowd and lcjr's kids crowd. Sadly as bad as the FB phone might be, I am pretty sure it would be favored over the z10 in the 15-25 year old crowd.
    I got the instagram port running on mine within 10minutes (a native app would probably take only 2 minutes through BB world of course), and it works fine. I don't feel like I'm missing out on much besides netflix (and i think that can be sideloaded as well) and a better map software (i have a sideloaded google maps)

the FB phone would only appeal to teens in my mind (I'm 22), and does not: have the weight of iOS, have the recognition and stability of the Galaxy S 3/4, or the business capabilities of a blackberry. I watched much of the announcement, and I saw very little to appreciate. It is a skimmed-down android OS on mediocre hardware with a totally-new OS from a company that is rapidly losing public interest and satisfaction.

A lot of people already worry FB will steal thier identity for advertisers, and to have this device attach facebook to things like your phonecalls, GPS, e-mail, and basic internet use is bordering on scary

(I don't know what facebook can/can't obtain through thier OS that isn't already happening via apps or the site itself, but remember the hooplah when some facebook wanted to own every image people posted to the site? what about if it is taken with a camera using thier operating system?)
    OMGitworks, bungaboy and CDM76 like this.
    04-05-13 01:33 AM
    I think Facebook will slowly die now that it is public. The model was never able built to produce a return and now they are trying to create this.

In order to do this they have to either bombard people with ads or sell info to companies either of which is highly undesirable for the end user.

The cool factor of Facebook has also peeked and like every other hype product, I think they will begin to fade in the coming years unless they can do something drastic.

From the start Zuckerberg refused to have advertising in FB I think he was right.

What does this mean for BlackBerry? Well I believe this is a zero threat product. BlackBerry already has a certain degree of integration with FB without being invasive. What does "Home" add that other OSes don't offer already.

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy likes this.
    04-05-13 02:57 AM
    not sure if this was posted in the previous thread but another positive step for blackberry.

Export Development Canada Funds $260 Million Telef�nica Capital Procurement For BlackBerry Devices And Services http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/Mobil...3/8ZXwBOgbVeA/
    Charles Martin1 likes this.
    04-05-13 03:25 AM
    I expect that equities will be falling today on disappointing economic numbers out of the USA. I believe the nonfarm payroll numbers will be released at 8:30 EST.

Similar to other markets wide dips, I don't think that BBRY will fall as much but also may not fair too well either on even lower volume today.

On the other hand, if the nonfarm payroll numbers are better than estimates, we could benefit from the upswing in market sentiment and at the very least end the week with some decent volume.
    04-05-13 05:05 AM
    I expect that equities will be falling today on disappointing economic numbers out of the USA. I believe the nonfat payroll numbers will be released at 8:30 EST.

Similar to other markets wide dips, I don't think that BBRY will fall as much but also may not fair too well either on even lower volume today.

On the other hand, if the nonfat payroll numbers are better than estimates, we could benefit from the upswing in market sentiment and at the very least end the week with some decent volume.
    I have to agree. I think that BBRY will be in the "hover" mode and hopefully not loose too much today!
    Charles Martin1 likes this.
    04-05-13 05:09 AM
    I expect that equities will be falling today on disappointing economic numbers out of the USA. I believe the nonfarm payroll numbers will be released at 8:30 EST.

On the other hand, if the nonfarm payroll numbers are better than estimates, we could benefit from the upswing in market sentiment and at the very least end the week with some decent volume.

Premarket is very quiet so far for BBRY (zero trades) but I see that AAPL is in the red already.
    04-05-13 05:27 AM
    And did those 2 commercials excite you. Not sure what you are seeing but I do see commercials here in the northeast US on CNCB and during college basketball and elsewhere. The ads are so abstract and don't really show the phone or what it can do. They are more like lifestlye/art type commercials and I just think they miss the point and aren't effective, but what do I know. More Life of Pi type stuff then effective advertising to my untrained perception.
    I couldn't agree more. They don't differentiate themselves
    04-05-13 06:04 AM
    Hey good guys and girls didn't see anyone post this yet so go vote!
    Vote Now! Apple vs. BlackBerry in Squawk Box Money Madness Final
    04-05-13 06:05 AM
    04-05-13 06:06 AM
    LOL beat ya to it
    04-05-13 06:12 AM
    I think you have to follow through to the Facebook vote:

https://www.facebook.com/questions/625769897437816/
    04-05-13 06:15 AM
    I think you have to follow through to the Facebook vote:

https://www.facebook.com/questions/625769897437816/
    There's a place to vote half way down on the left
    04-05-13 06:18 AM
    We are ahead on both sites but it is very close so definitely vote. It's good free press after all
    04-05-13 06:23 AM
    Charles I agree with you. BBRY by a landslide. I'm. Assuming that is you on fb
    04-05-13 06:27 AM
    Premarket is very quiet so far for BBRY (zero trades) but I see that AAPL is in the red already.
    BBRY is heading into the red now. If it drops enough it could be a buy opportunity and cause a little rally early today. IT will need to shake off the employment figures
    helopilot06 likes this.
    04-05-13 06:28 AM
    Charles I agree with you. BBRY by a landslide. I'm. Assuming that is you on fb
    Yip. That's me! I'm really excited!

I've been off Facebook for over a year now and just got back on for these votes. Lol
    04-05-13 06:28 AM
    BBRY is heading into the red now. If it drops enough it could be a buy opportunity and cause a little rally early today. IT will need to shake off the employment figures
    I'm all about a buying opportunity. I just freed up some funds

Yip. That's me! I'm really excited!
    Same. Hoping to see some good BBRY turnout and that all the itools are asleep
    bungaboy likes this.
    04-05-13 06:31 AM
    And still can't connect a local USB drive? When the first aTV launched I checked it out, thought it might have been worth getting (yup, I know it can be hacked). I'll stick with my XBMC setup.
    04-05-13 06:40 AM
    Yikes! Down 20 cents so far in premarket.
    04-05-13 06:40 AM
    It's down 24 cents but only 5000 shares traded
    04-05-13 06:43 AM
    Probably one of the slowest mornings I've seen in a long while
    04-05-13 06:47 AM
    Going to go off topic for a quick sec. Im looking at TSX pre market Bid/Ask prices. 1 stock im looking at is even price for Bid/Ask but the BID is looking for 999 lots...... Is that a good sign if they are willing to pay the current price of the stock and 999 lots?
    04-05-13 06:48 AM
113,256 ... 602603604605606 ...