View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Forget the younger crowd. Teenagers can't afford to buy these devices right now anyways. Let BBRY becomes ubiquitous with the generation that can afford to own one first and let the teens have their toys.

By the time they realize the shine has worn off iOS, the App issue won't be an issue anymore.
    That's true and with age the perception of BB is changing among young adults. My brother who is 20 has been using a BB since being a teenager for cost reasons (cheap BB plans) and always wanted an iPhone. Now that he's older, he needs a phone that will last him the whole day and has great keyboard. Hence, he's waiting for the Q10. He also says that many of his friends of the same age actually think the new Z10 is nice.

Anyways, this is just a small case but good news for BB to see the tide somewhat changing.
    lcjr and bungaboy like this.
    04-04-13 07:42 PM
    We've got DLNA now though so you can do that if your TV supports it. Mine does because I have a PS3 plugged into it. I can stream my vids from Z10 to TV no problem... and with no cable.

Posted via CB10
    I can stream to my samsung tv no prob.
    04-04-13 07:43 PM
    I can stream to my samsung tv no prob.
    I don't know if I can or not and wouldn't know how to anyway. I have a Toshiba multi-system lcd screen whatever that means.
    04-04-13 07:46 PM
    First sighting of the low cost QWERTY BB10 device. It's meh imo.

I'm not sure if the sides of the screen have photoshopped to hide the serial number.

Attachment 147593

BlackBerryOS.com - New Leaked Picture Of The BlackBerry R-Series Smartphone
    This would look decent if it came in different colours than just white.
    Could look good in blue or pink. Get the younger crowd, perhaps.
    04-04-13 07:56 PM
    Perhaps, but if that is the new device I don't care for it much.
    04-04-13 08:06 PM
    Perhaps, but if that is the new device I don't care for it much.
    Nope...I'll stick with my Z10.
    lcjr likes this.
    04-04-13 08:09 PM
    After seeing the comparison between my 9930 and the Q10, I would opt for the Q10. You can laugh all you want but I'm hoping for some type of faplet before next July when my Verizon contract ends.
    04-04-13 08:14 PM
    More importantly I'm hoping the SP is over the $50 mark by then as well. I think it's possible with the upcoming multiple device releases.
    CDM76 likes this.
    04-04-13 08:16 PM
    That's true and with age the perception of BB is changing among young adults. My brother who is 20 has been using a BB since being a teenager for cost reasons (cheap BB plans) and always wanted an iPhone. Now that he's older, he needs a phone that will last him the whole day and has great keyboard. Hence, he's waiting for the Q10. He also says that many of his friends of the same age actually think the new Z10 is nice.

Anyways, this is just a small case but good news for BB to see the tide somewhat changing.
    People laugh at my 720p TV (I bought before 1080p was cheap). These people owning 1080p TVs do not understand why i think Blackberry has a bright future. Go figure.
    leafs123 and lcjr like this.
    04-04-13 08:29 PM
    After seeing the comparison between my 9930 and the Q10, I would opt for the Q10. You can laugh all you want but I'm hoping for some type of faplet before next July when my Verizon contract ends.
    OK, I'm scared to ask: what's a faplet?
    I'm already thinking of some clever responses...
    lcjr and peter9477 like this.
    04-04-13 08:33 PM
    People laugh at my 720p TV (I bought before 1080p was cheap). These people owning 1080p TVs do not understand why i think Blackberry has a bright future. Go figure.
    I still prefer my 720p Pioneer Kuro over my newer Panasonic 1080p.
    04-04-13 08:36 PM
    I think lcjr meant phablet I believe. He's talking about phones which are the size of the Note2 or even higher, bordering a tablet category.

The fake road map which was online a few days ago had a phablet decide for BB10.

Posted via CB10
    lcjr likes this.
    04-04-13 08:42 PM
    I think the bb marketing team is trying to hit with the big boys but overlook some of the small things that add up. Like making sure the providers have adequate materials for displays and where to put them, along with having motivated sales staff instead of Apple fan boys half *** promoting and answering questions.
    That is the carriers choice to not have materials or training not bb.

Posted via CB10
    04-04-13 08:47 PM
    LOL, not to worry. A faplet or phaplet is referring to a device that is a phone and tablet all in one. I'm really excited about a new BB tablet even though some say it won't happen. I want an 8 inch tablet because ten inch is to big to be portable and this Playbook would be great slightly larger. Also thinner would be great.
    04-04-13 08:50 PM
    I think lcjr meant phablet I believe. He's talking about phones which are the size of the Note2 or even higher, bordering a tablet category.

The fake road map which was online a few days ago had a phablet decide for BB10.

Posted via CB10
    Thanks my friend, that was the perfect response. That's exactly what I need for my business I'm trying to get off the ground. Small but practical.
    04-04-13 08:52 PM
    When you're talking faplets, I hear girth matters more than thickness.

Posted via CB10
    lcjr and cjcampbell like this.
    04-04-13 08:54 PM
    That is the carriers choice to not have materials or training not bb.

Posted via CB10
    Agreed, somewhat. I find it difficult to believe BB had a sitdown with these carriers (this did happen) and this wasn't covered. AT&T is a known iPhone supporter for petes sake. So it's not completely the carriers choice if agreements stated otherwise.
    Charles Martin1 likes this.
    04-04-13 09:01 PM
    When you're talking faplets, I hear girth matters more than thickness.

Posted via CB10
    I have to stop reading when taking a drink of beer. You almost had me choking there. Wait..... That didn't sound right either...
    peter9477 and CDM76 like this.
    04-04-13 09:04 PM
    Guys, give this guy some page hits, just for the title of the article:

SUCK IT ANALYSTS

Suck it, analysts | Cybernaut | Pique Newsmagazine | Whistler, CANADA
    Great. Article, very refreshing.

Posted via CB10 on my Z10
    Charles Martin1 and bungaboy like this.
    04-04-13 09:11 PM
    Great. Article, very refreshing.

Posted via CB10 on my Z10
    Sure was. I wanted to leave a comment but you have to register first. Most frustrating.
    Charles Martin1 likes this.
    04-04-13 09:14 PM
    When you have a moment, can you post a link or point me in the right direction so I can ensure my daughter gets the right tv? I'm about to buy her a new one and better not mess it up. Lol

Edit: please remember I just got back from being stationed in Germany for many years and we did not have these modern options there.
    You should hold off until later this year, you know she is going to want the iTV.

Posted via CB10
    lcjr likes this.
    04-04-13 09:18 PM
    You should hold off until later this year, you know she is going to want the iTV.

Posted via CB10
    You may have something there. I wonder if it will be out by the holidays. I have to research that. This forum certainly has helped me after being overseas so long. Thanks for the input.

Edit: Apple tv3 just released. http://osxdaily.com/2012/03/07/apple...details-specs/
    Last edited by lcjr; 04-04-13 at 09:34 PM.
    04-04-13 09:22 PM
    Why You Should Accumulate Shares Of BlackBerry - Seeking Alpha

Conclusion

Investors should purchase shares of BlackBerry as the firm remains undervalued and the financial performance outlook is better than the valuations reflect. Further, the firm's liquidity and solvency positions are excellent.
    04-04-13 09:48 PM
    Why You Should Accumulate Shares Of BlackBerry - Seeking Alpha

Conclusion

Investors should purchase shares of BlackBerry as the firm remains undervalued and the financial performance outlook is better than the valuations reflect. Further, the firm's liquidity and solvency positions are excellent.
    Almost like the SEC called the Director of Seeking Alpha.
    Charles Martin1 and bungaboy like this.
    04-04-13 10:18 PM
    You may have something there. I wonder if it will be out by the holidays. I have to research that. This forum certainly has helped me after being overseas so long. Thanks for the input.

Edit: Apple tv3 just released. http://osxdaily.com/2012/03/07/apple...details-specs/
    Damn, I just bought an Apple TV a month ago, I wish I waited...

I was actually referring to this story today that was making the rounds.

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2013/04..._iring_rumors/

Posted via CB10
    lcjr, Charles Martin1 and bungaboy like this.
    04-04-13 10:20 PM
113,256 ... 601602603604605 ...