View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Im really hoping for a flat flat day tomorrow. Bollinger Bands are getting tighter. If we can stay flat 1 more day it should tighten things up and give us a great chance for a nice breakout!!!!! Love the Bollinger band tight squeeze!!
    04-04-13 05:30 PM
    With all this relatively low volume trading for th last few days it follows that the short interest should have fallen off as well. If not, then we will know that the shorts are not day traders. No?

Posted via CB10 on a BLACK Z10!
    04-04-13 05:37 PM
    With all this relatively low volume trading for th last few days it follows that the short interest should have fallen off as well. If not, then we will know that the shorts are not day traders. No?
    We already know that theory basically doesn't hold water. There are something like 155M shares shorted. If daily volume is only a small fraction of that (about 30M today) then clearly they aren't all trading those shares every day.
    04-04-13 05:48 PM
    I've been reading the posts on advertising and they made me think about all the apple and msoft adds I see. I'm annoyed by the constant bombardement of repetitive ads, but then I remember that Apple and Microsoft are so big and probably have reached market saturation so they have to advertise at a desperate level to maintain their profits. BlackBerry has a huge advantage in this respect. It's a lot easier to steer a small boat than a giant ship. I might be wrong, but it still makes me happy to think that way.

04-04-13 05:48 PM
    So, with all the analysis going on with this stock and by the charts rendered, when is the projected rally or breakout?
    04-04-13 06:32 PM
    Im picking a breakout starting monday. Might start early tomorrow but sometimes a breakout fails and we go down. HOWEVER we will try to break out and if we do then im figuring we hit $16 early next week and hold it all week.
    BlackistheBerry likes this.
    04-04-13 06:35 PM
    [QUOTE=gohan_bcc;8259040]The US just needs to stop having such a ****ty economy and the stock market in general will rocket. You can't go a month without new of unemployment or bad economic numbers dragging everything down.[/QUOTE?]

Sadly on Wall Street with the Dow at an all time high and bonus season paydays still occurring they don't care about the Main St economy as long as their rocket has launched.
    bungaboy likes this.
    04-04-13 06:36 PM
    I've been reading the posts on advertising and they made me think about all the apple and msoft adds I see. I'm annoyed by the constant bombardement of repetitive ads, but then I remember that Apple and Microsoft are so big and probably have reached market saturation so they have to advertise at a desperate level to maintain their profits. BlackBerry has a huge advantage in this respect. It's a lot easier to steer a small boat than a giant ship. I might be wrong, but it still makes me happy to think that way.

I think the bb marketing team is trying to hit with the big boys but overlook some of the small things that add up. Like making sure the providers have adequate materials for displays and where to put them, along with having motivated sales staff instead of Apple fan boys half *** promoting and answering questions.
    04-04-13 06:38 PM
    Im picking a breakout starting monday. Might start early tomorrow but sometimes a breakout fails and we go down. HOWEVER we will try to break out and if we do then im figuring we hit $16 early next week and hold it all week.
    Yeah, I was predicting mid week to Thursday. I also think it will go up but fail, come back to low $15 then succeed in hitting $16.
    04-04-13 06:41 PM
    Totally agree. BB needs to be seen everywhere that reflects a positive image, especially to the younger crowd. BB really has to get out of the "old business man" persona. Even my own daughter and her friends (mid 20's) think BB is for old people that just email and call. I tried to show them the new and improved BB and they just stared at me.
    My 2 teenagers picked up my z10 phone, loved the keyboard and pretty much laughed at the rest. My daughter wanted to know where instagram was and my son rattled off a bunch of Apps that are not available on BB (yet...) He finished by saying it was a nice phone...for a blackberry...and for me....

BBRY has to figure out how to get to this crowd and lcjr's kids crowd. Sadly as bad as the FB phone might be, I am pretty sure it would be favored over the z10 in the 15-25 year old crowd.
    04-04-13 06:46 PM
    My 2 teenagers picked up my z10 phone, loved the keyboard and pretty much laughed at the rest. My daughter wanted to know where instagram was and my son rattled off a bunch of Apps that are not available on BB (yet...) He finished by saying it was a nice phone...for a blackberry...and for me....

BBRY has to figure out how to get to this crowd and lcjr's kids crowd. Sadly as bad as the FB phone might be, I am pretty sure it would be favored over the z10 in the 15-25 year old crowd.
    I couldn't agree more. What's important to us is not for them and vice versa.
    04-04-13 06:51 PM
    I have prime time on every night Ive seen 2 commercials... thats not a campaign to me. If i was the average purchaser Id still be buying Samsung. You can hate on what I say all you want but I am representative of most people my age. We watch prime time, we like flashy campaign commercials and we buy what is cool if and when we can afford it. seeing a logo on a car isnt whats gonna peak interest over whats currently on the market and we are used to and what we have seen to be a pretty good product already
    And did those 2 commercials excite you. Not sure what you are seeing but I do see commercials here in the northeast US on CNCB and during college basketball and elsewhere. The ads are so abstract and don't really show the phone or what it can do. They are more like lifestlye/art type commercials and I just think they miss the point and aren't effective, but what do I know. More Life of Pi type stuff then effective advertising to my untrained perception.
    helopilot06 likes this.
    04-04-13 06:53 PM
    Perhaps more demonstrations involving music and video would help attract more of the younger crowd. Not just playing it, but making it. Also, where are the demonstrations of using the phone to play music to your stereo? Also, where is the BB TV like Apple has the Apple TV so you can send video and audio directly to the TV?
    04-04-13 06:57 PM
    I couldn't agree more. What's important to us is not for them and vice versa.
    Yep. Its like pointing out side air bags in a car or security of a BB, they don't care. That's why I think the ads near to be different. We even did side by side unscientific browser test where my z10 beat there iphone 4s's. Still didn't persuade the little boogers. Showed them the hub, but they said their iphone apps were better. I think apple has a stranglehold on them that is going to be hard to break. Here's hoping we can.
    CDM76 likes this.
    04-04-13 07:01 PM
    Yep. Its like pointing out side air bags in a car or security of a BB, they don't care. That's why I think the ads near to be different. We even did side by side unscientific browser test where my z10 beat there iphone 4s's. Still didn't persuade the little boogers. Showed them the hub, but they said their iphone apps were better. I think apple has a stranglehold on them that is going to be hard to break. Here's hoping we can.
    But to get to them, we have to become just like apple. Can't BlackBerry be extremely profitable without becoming a behemoth that panders to everyone?

lcjr and bungaboy like this.
    04-04-13 07:08 PM
    Need to fix the audio and video capabilities along with strong supporting apps. My daughter pointed out that there were to few bank apps and not enough apps that allow bill paying. Also, she said it was lame you can't send a video to the TV without a dumb cord (cable) attached making the phone basically inop because it's glued to the TV. She's right too. Hey, those things are real important to her so maybe to a lot of younger people.
    04-04-13 07:09 PM
    Forget the younger crowd. Teenagers can't afford to buy these devices right now anyways. Let BBRY becomes ubiquitous with the generation that can afford to own one first and let the teens have their toys.

By the time they realize the shine has worn off iOS, the App issue won't be an issue anymore.
    04-04-13 07:11 PM
    Advertising is literally the single most important feature for the general consumer market... This is why BB is spending so much on this component. They do have to do something different, but it's not easy re-branding a company, not at all. It will take some time. If you ask me, they are doing well thus far.

My Jay-Z theory holds. He is a business man and I'm sure he will eventually show some interest in this product, especially if his B-ball team is getting sponsored. I bet Alicia Keys will convince him. And if he supports it, Beyonce just might.. It is over! Remember when Pepsi sponsored Michael Jackson. That year, Pespi for the first time outsold Coca-Cola!

jsmall999 likes this.
    04-04-13 07:14 PM
    I was in the Denver airport the week before you lcjr. Some young nutter was buying rounds and got himself a double shot of blue for 64$. He did stop long enough to take a photo of it with his.... Wait for it..... iphones!

You got a way better deal.

I love Crown Royal but prefer a good beer. Maybe this weekend I'll treat myself to a relaxing glass of Crown. I do miss being stationed in Germany where we got all the alcohol tax free. I picked up a bottle of Johnny Walker Blue Label for $88.00 last year before I left. Crown Royal was dirt cheap and even came with free glasses. lol Now I'm drinking light beer in the desert of El Paso. HELP ME!!!
    lcjr likes this.
    04-04-13 07:23 PM
    First sighting of the low cost QWERTY BB10 device. It's meh imo.

I'm not sure if the sides of the screen have photoshopped to hide the serial number.

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-rseries-uqs.jpg

BlackBerryOS.com - New Leaked Picture Of The BlackBerry R-Series Smartphone
    lcjr, gilmanhlee, bungaboy and 4 others like this.
    04-04-13 07:23 PM
    Also, she said it was lame you can't send a video to the TV without a dumb cord (cable) attached making the phone basically inop because it's glued to the TV.
    We've got DLNA now though so you can do that if your TV supports it. Mine does because I have a PS3 plugged into it. I can stream my vids from Z10 to TV no problem... and with no cable.

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy and lcjr like this.
    04-04-13 07:27 PM
    Forget the younger crowd. Teenagers can't afford to buy these devices right now anyways. Let BBRY becomes ubiquitous with the generation that can afford to own one first and let the teens have their toys.

By the time they realize the shine has worn off iOS, the App issue won't be an issue anymore.
    Yeah I got that, but there are some good points being brought up. I would like to be able to use one device one day to get my business and personal things done and not have to use other devices to get along. I'm still waiting for the BB TV accessory.
    04-04-13 07:31 PM
    First sighting of the low cost QWERTY BB10 device. It's meh imo.
    Yeah, not much to look at, but if it sells in its target market cuz its cheap and just as good as a q10, great.

04-04-13 07:32 PM
    Need to fix the audio and video capabilities along with strong supporting apps. My daughter pointed out that there were to few bank apps and not enough apps that allow bill paying. Also, she said it was lame you can't send a video to the TV without a dumb cord (cable) attached making the phone basically inop because it's glued to the TV. She's right too. Hey, those things are real important to her so maybe to a lot of younger people.
    DLNA. Open standards.

Posted via CB10
    04-04-13 07:34 PM
    We've got DLNA now though so you can do that if your TV supports it. Mine does because I have a PS3 plugged into it. I can stream my vids from Z10 to TV no problem... and with no cable.

Posted via CB10
    When you have a moment, can you post a link or point me in the right direction so I can ensure my daughter gets the right tv? I'm about to buy her a new one and better not mess it up. Lol

Edit: please remember I just got back from being stationed in Germany for many years and we did not have these modern options there.
    CDM76 likes this.
    04-04-13 07:37 PM
113,256 ... 600601602603604 ...