View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    I hear ya man. It's been a long haul thus far, sometimes I think if its worth the emotional ride haha.

The good news I read today was BB increasing their marketing campaign, posted a few links a couple pages ago.
    I saw that, thanks for posting those. That is great news by the way. BB's marketing team has their job cut out for them that's for sure.
    04-04-13 04:02 PM
    I saw that, thanks for posting those. That is great news by the way. BB's marketing team has their job cut out for them that's for sure.
    Research In Motion Ltd (NASDAQ:BBRY)

This is particularly interesting... If you think about it, Barclay's is home to the Brooklyn Nets... Jay-Z has a small stake in the team... He did a song with Alicia Keys... hmmm... Wonder what we can put together here. If Jay Z starts supporting the blackberry, every body from 15-25 will buy one in the US. lol.
    04-04-13 04:07 PM
    Just bought 10 000 shares...

of a penny stock.
    Am still trying to get rid of the 40000 of those that I bought a couple of weeks ago
    lcjr and s0be like this.
    04-04-13 04:08 PM
    Holding ~$15...I hope that we still can by close of markets tomorrow.
    04-04-13 04:08 PM
    Dang, you must be two hours ahead of me. After today, I'm definately going to get a cold one, or two, or three....
    And I'm on #4 heading quickly to 5......and right behind that one will be the couch lol. BBRY and Crown Royal, now there's a partnership!!
    lcjr likes this.
    04-04-13 04:16 PM
    Where did you see Wranglers advertising?
    TV, where else?

Posted via CB10
    lcjr likes this.
    04-04-13 04:17 PM

This is particularly interesting... If you think about it, Barclay's is home to the Brooklyn Nets... Jay-Z has a small stake in the team... He did a song with Alicia Keys... hmmm... Wonder what we can put together here. If Jay Z starts supporting the blackberry, every body from 15-25 will buy one in the US. lol.
    Now that would go far!! See, that's what I'm talking about, get out of the old man syndrom and into the younger generation's hands. I hope something like this actually pans out.
    04-04-13 04:20 PM
    TV, where else?

Posted via CB10
    I prefer a good pair of jeans and a nice sports coat over a suit any day. Either wardrobe goes great with a BB device by the way.
    04-04-13 04:22 PM
    Holding ~$15...I hope that we still can by close of markets tomorrow.
    I don't know man, what would ensure this $15 hold? I see it dipping back and forth across the $14.70 and $15 line for a few more days.
    04-04-13 04:24 PM

I think Kanye bought both Jay and Beyonce Porsche P9981s, i think there was an article about it prior to bb10 releasing.

http://crackberry.com/kanye-west-tre...ckberry-p9981s
    Last edited by erodenero; 04-04-13 at 04:31 PM. Reason: add link
    lcjr likes this.
    04-04-13 04:30 PM
    And I'm on #4 heading quickly to 5......and right behind that one will be the couch lol. BBRY and Crown Royal, now there's a partnership!!
    I love Crown Royal but prefer a good beer. Maybe this weekend I'll treat myself to a relaxing glass of Crown. I do miss being stationed in Germany where we got all the alcohol tax free. I picked up a bottle of Johnny Walker Blue Label for $88.00 last year before I left. Crown Royal was dirt cheap and even came with free glasses. lol Now I'm drinking light beer in the desert of El Paso. HELP ME!!!
    04-04-13 04:31 PM
    I'm not trying to "hate" on what your saying, just providing another perspective.
    But in regards to the above quote, you're contradicting yourelf from earlier when you said you were the norm, by NOT buying brand names and based on marketing, and now you're saying that you do. Sorry if I'm missinterpreting something.

BlackBerry does not have the marketing budget that most well known companies have currently. They simply can't buy ads for every time slot imaginable. None of us have a full understanding of what the marketing department has up their sleeve, and I'm not sure where you're from, but I personally see ads and banners EVERYWHERE. Canadian Telcos run their own marketing and at least 3 times per period of a hockey game I see a commercial or spot on the BB10/Z10. Thats 9 commercials during 3 hours, EVERYNIGHT.
    You say, "but people my age are watching Prime Time". No they're not just watching Prime Time, some are watching sports, some are watching news, some are on the computer, some are going to the movies etc, etc, etc.
    Of course they are. and I watch all of that too. and Im telling you Ive seen 2 commercials, My wife who is home all day long hasnt seen any and she always has the tv on. Sorry but Canada is a different market that the US. Also its not a contradiction, Going off of what you asked earlier if the same priced products are side by side we will go with the socially cooler one. and if we are going to save money to buy a name brand phone or shoes or bag or whatever its going to be whats cool. Hence the if we can afford it. Maybe i should have stated I was still going off of that statement before.

all Im saying is that i have alot of friends in Northern VA in VA Beach Cali, Florida, and elsewhere and they dont know anything about BBRY's new phones other than what ive told them. That to me is a marketing fail.
    04-04-13 04:32 PM
    Dang... not breaking 1000 today....
    04-04-13 04:33 PM
    I don't know man, what would ensure this $15 hold? I see it dipping back and forth across the $14.70 and $15 line for a few more days.
    I'm just hoping. I actually expect some pullback. Moreover, if the US payroll numbers are bad tomorrow the markets may dip.
    04-04-13 04:37 PM
    Dang... not breaking 1000 today....
    Let's talk about that...
    04-04-13 04:44 PM
    I'm just hoping. I actually expect some pullback. Moreover, if the US payroll numbers are bad tomorrow the markets may dip.
    I think the Kid is right in that this is stagnant until we get close to the Q10 launch. All we have to do is get close to that date and let the news push this north.
    04-04-13 04:45 PM
    Guys, give this guy some page hits, just for the title of the article:

SUCK IT ANALYSTS

Suck it, analysts | Cybernaut | Pique Newsmagazine | Whistler, CANADA
    zyben, peter9477, bungaboy and 4 others like this.
    04-04-13 04:54 PM
    H0 Hum . . . . .

Facebook Introduces Smartphone Software to Boost Ad Sales
    By Brian Womack and Douglas MacMillan on April 04, 2013
    Bloomberg News

Facebook Inc. (FB), with newly released software that embeds social-networking features more deeply into smartphones, is ratcheting up efforts to keep users engaged and lure marketers to advertise on small screens.

The software, which the company calls Home, makes it easier to access Facebook features -- such as friends� photos, messages and status updates -- on a mobile device�s home screen, Chief Executive Officer Mark Zuckerberg said at an event yesterday in Menlo Park, California. The application is available starting April 12 on Samsung Electronics Co. (005930) and HTC Corp. (2498) phones that run Google Inc. (GOOG)�s Android operating system.

Now that the majority of users access Facebook via mobile devices, Zuckerberg needs ways to keep them engaged longer while coaxing advertisers to pay to place promotions. While the new software may appeal to some dedicated users, it may do little to help Facebook get a broad set of consumers to change the way they interact with smartphones, according to Charles Golvin, an analyst at Forrester Research Inc. (FORR)

�It�s clear that Facebook wants to be at the center of their customers� mobile experience,� Golvin said. �It�s not clear that their customers want that.�

At the event, HTC executives announced the HTC First, a device that will prominently feature Facebook�s Home application and become available next week. Ralph De La Vega, head of AT&T Inc. (T)�s mobile business, said HTC First will run on his company�s most advanced wireless network and sell for $99.99.

Apple, Google
    Home will have monthly updates, can be installed from Google Play, Google�s online app store, and will be available on tablets in the coming months, Facebook said.

While the program will not initially have advertising, Zuckerberg said promotions will be included in future updates.

�There are no ads on this yet,� Zuckerberg said. �I�m sure at some point there will be.�

A messaging feature called Chat Heads will let users interact with friends while any app is on their screen. It combines SMS text messages with Facebook�s own messaging service.

Facebook advanced 3.1 percent to $27.07 at yesterday�s close in New York, leaving the stock up 1.7 percent so far this year, compared with a 6.8 percent gain in the Nasdaq Composite Index.

Hardware Solution
    Facebook isn�t building a smartphone or creating an operating system, Zuckerberg said.

Amazon.com Inc. (AMZN) uses a version of Android in the Kindle Fire tablet. In Amazon�s case, that means bypassing Google�s preloaded applications, such as Gmail, Google Maps and YouTube, which generate revenue for Google.

While the iPhone operating system is controlled exclusively by Apple, Google provides more flexibility with Android. Companies can take older versions of the software and customize it for their own services and preferences.

�This latest collaboration demonstrates the openness and flexibility that has made Android so popular,� Christopher Katsaros, a spokesman for Mountain View, California-based Google, said in an e-mailed statement. �It�s a win for users who want a customized Facebook experience from Google Play --the heart of the Android ecosystem.�

Some apps already available in the Google Play store, such as GO Launcher EX and Apex Launcher, let users customize the content that appears on their phones when the screen is locked.

Smartphone Integration
    Zuckerberg has said he sees opportunities to push the company�s features deeper into mobile devices. Facebook and Twitter Inc. features have already been incorporated into the latest version of Apple�s software, enabling users to post easily to the social services.

�One of the most important things that we do as people is stay connected with what�s going on in the world around us,� Zuckerberg said at the event. �Home is designed specifically to help you do this.�

A new Facebook-enabled handset follows earlier forays into mobile devices for the social-networking service.

HTC began selling �ChaCha,� an Android-based phone with a dedicated Facebook button to share music, photos and messages, in 2011. INQ Mobile Ltd. and Facebook that year also unveiled a phone with close integration of services, such as wall postings and photos.

While those devices have won over some die-hard Facebook fans, widespread adoption has been limited, according to Carolina Milanesi, an analyst at Gartner Inc.

Slow Inroads
    �I don�t think that Facebook as a brand will necessarily get consumers -- that are your average Facebook users -- to pick out that phone over a Galaxy or an iPhone,� she said.

After a 29 percent decline in Facebook�s shares since an initial public offering in May, investors are looking for signs that the company can extract more ad dollars from promotions on mobile phones. The number of daily Facebook users on desktops and laptops fell in the fourth quarter as the portion of members on mobile devices increased, regulatory filings show.

Facebook�s nascent mobile-ad service, started in March 2012, isn�t helping the company gain market share in the U.S., according to EMarketer Inc. Facebook is projected to grab 12 percent of the market in 2015, down from 13 percent this year, EMarketer said. Over the same period, Google�s stake will climb about two percentage points to 57 percent.

To contact the reporters on this story: Brian Womack in San Francisco at [email protected]; Douglas MacMillan in San Francisco at [email protected]

To contact the editor responsible for this story: Tom Giles at [email protected]
    04-04-13 04:55 PM
    Of course they are. and I watch all of that too. and Im telling you Ive seen 2 commercials, My wife who is home all day long hasnt seen any and she always has the tv on. Sorry but Canada is a different market that the US. Also its not a contradiction, Going off of what you asked earlier if the same priced products are side by side we will go with the socially cooler one. and if we are going to save money to buy a name brand phone or shoes or bag or whatever its going to be whats cool. Hence the if we can afford it. Maybe i should have stated I was still going off of that statement before.

all Im saying is that i have alot of friends in Northern VA in VA Beach Cali, Florida, and elsewhere and they dont know anything about BBRY's new phones other than what ive told them. That to me is a marketing fail.
    My point was, that you can't be everywhere all at once (Watching sports, news, movies, or the computer, at the movies) you simply don't have the resources, you've probably missed as many commercials as you've seen.

That being said, neither can BlackBerry, they simply don't have( or didn't have) the Budget allocation that you and I would like to see right out of the gates. They can't be everywhere all at once.
    They have stated though, that they are increasing marketing, again my point stands, it's not going to happen overnight, its impossible. They have still only been released in the US for 1 week, and you're calling it a fail. The ROI simply isn't there to spend $401milion(Samsungs budget) on marketing at this point . They have to spread themselves thinner and take a more thoughful approach, otherwise that 2.7b burns awfully fast.
    You have to have ROI, and it has to be quatifiable.
    A TV spot costs a few thousand to hundreds of thousands depending on circumstances, how many devices do they have to sell to jusify it?
    How many banners and posters can you print for the price of one Z10?

I'm with you, I want the BlackBerry name on every TV screen too, at all times, but whats more important to me, is the Cash Balance come June. BlackBerry is not going to take a drop in Cash very well, the bears will rip them apart, regardless of how muuch was spent on marketing, so BBRY has a fine line to walk.

This is a long term strategy. There will be no Shock and Awe that the American so love, it just isn't going to happen
    BlackistheBerry likes this.
    04-04-13 04:58 PM
    I think the Kid is right in that this is stagnant until we get close to the Q10 launch. All we have to do is get close to that date and let the news push this north.
    I don't know about that. We were all saying the same thing leading up to the Q4 results. They surprised and the SP went down. Why do we think that the Q10 will turn things in our favor?
    04-04-13 04:59 PM

SUCK IT ANALYSTS

Gladly. I use to read that paper while I was living there.

Posted via CB10
    04-04-13 05:02 PM

SUCK IT ANALYSTS

I love it! Now, how do we get this out to all those morons called analysts that bashed BB?
    04-04-13 05:06 PM
    I don't know about that. We were all saying the same thing leading up to the Q4 results. They surprised and the SP went down. Why do we think that the Q10 will turn things in our favor?
    Because it's another guess that the release will create volume and that might push the SP up. It's all speculation, but fun to talk about.
    04-04-13 05:12 PM

SUCK IT ANALYSTS

The frustrating part about good and bad articles is that you have to register via FB or email address to leave a comment. I'm on the verge of deleting my FB account and don't want my email account bombarded with spam after registering on some site.
    bungaboy likes this.
    04-04-13 05:14 PM
    The frustrating part about good and bad articles is that you have to register via FB or email address to leave a comment. I'm on the verge of deleting my FB account and don't want my email account bombarded with spam after registering on some site.
    I have a special Facebook account for a person who doesn't exist for just such occasions.
    04-04-13 05:28 PM
113,256 ... 599600601602603 ...