Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Time to go green.
    04-04-13 02:21 PM
    oh look, BBRy went negative again... kind of like this thread.... (jk)
    Yeah, gotta catch myself and get back on track. Just one of those days I suppose, but geez I can't wait for this work day to end.
    04-04-13 02:22 PM
    This was good for a laugh

Oops forget what we said last time....lol

http://m.infoworld.com/t/microsoft-w...st-time-215830
    04-04-13 02:23 PM
    Only to some extent.
    C'mom brother, the point is that Canada is propping 1) Canada and 2) BBRY. Will the euro subscribers getting 200 million euros worth of BBRY phones be able to keep up with their subscriptions down the road? Who knows but the BBRY side of me, in the immediate term, says "who cares". Whenever this happens, it's money in the bank for BBRY. And if Spain's PM says they'll be back on track in 2014......well then I believe him. Sort of lol.
    04-04-13 02:24 PM
    C'mom brother, the point is that Canada is propping 1) Canada and 2) BBRY. Will the euro subscribers getting 200 million euros worth of BBRY phones be able to keep up with their subscriptions down the road? Who knows but the BBRY side of me, in the immediate term, says "who cares". Whenever this happens, it's money in the bank for BBRY. And if Spain's PM says they'll be back on track in 2014......well then I believe him. Sort of lol.
    Agreed.
    04-04-13 02:25 PM
    Formula 1 racing is hugely popular around the world and a good portion of its fans are very affluent. I think it was a smart move even though I have no interest in the sport.

Posted via CB10
    IDK im not gonna buy a phone or product because its plastered on a football field, I think advertising should be something that shows the customer something...not just your name.
    04-04-13 02:27 PM
    Just bought 10 000 shares...

of a penny stock.
    lcjr and Markymark 23 like this.
    04-04-13 02:29 PM
    Just bought 10 000 shares...

of a penny stock.

Dang Kid, I saw that and almost fell out of my chair! I mean, legally I can't ask what you're selling to afford that but then I saw the "penny stock".
    04-04-13 02:32 PM
    IDK im not gonna buy a phone or product because its plastered on a football field, I think advertising should be something that shows the customer something...not just your name.
    I'm inclined to believe it has a lot to do with the name. Putting a BB logo anywhere right now is a good thing. Especially at venues frequented by a younger crowd. I don't see such a positive effect at a NASCAR event, but hey, maybe....
    04-04-13 02:36 PM
    Let's play a game.

Look down at your shoes, Please tell us what brand they are...
    Look in your kitchen drawer/pantry at your platic bags, Please tell us what brand they are...
    Look at your computer, PLease tell us what brand it is...
    Look at the TV in your living room, Please tell us what brand it is...

I know you didn't necessarily buy those items beacuse of the name/logo or marketing, perhaps some you did though, that's not important. My Point, and the important thing is the other brands you DIDN'T buy because of their name/logo/marketing
    Last edited by AngryEdmontonian; 04-04-13 at 02:41 PM. Reason: spelling(crappy)
    lcjr likes this.
    04-04-13 02:40 PM
    I'm inclined to believe it has a lot to do with the name. Putting a BB logo anywhere right now is a good thing. Especially at venues frequented by a younger crowd. I don't see such a positive effect at a NASCAR event, but hey, maybe....
    Agreed, BBRY needs to gain mindshare. one way of doing that is to bombard the public with the logo and name to prepare them to be receptive when then come in contact with the product. look at all the thread post of people saying " I was showing off my Z10, and everybody was like 'no way, that's a blackberry?' ", word of mouth is a great way to promote the product, and getting people to have a better perception of the brand (by seeing it everywhere) will enhance that word of mouth promotion. Come look at aapl. you can't go anywhere in the US without seeing the logo.
    04-04-13 02:43 PM
    I didn't believe in advertising until I noticed that all my jeans were Wranglers.

Posted via CB10
    lcjr and StormieTwo like this.
    04-04-13 02:44 PM
    Totally agree. BB needs to be seen everywhere that reflects a positive image, especially to the younger crowd. BB really has to get out of the "old business man" persona. Even my own daughter and her friends (mid 20's) think BB is for old people that just email and call. I tried to show them the new and improved BB and they just stared at me.
    Markymark 23 likes this.
    04-04-13 02:44 PM
    I didn't believe in advertising until I noticed that all my jeans were Wranglers.

Posted via CB10
    Ditto. Levis or Lee for me, but same concept.
    04-04-13 02:46 PM
    Let's play a game.

Look down at your shoes, Please tell us what brand they are...
    Look in your kitchen drawer/pantry at your platic bags, Please tell us what brand they are...
    Look at your computer, PLease tell us what brand it is...
    Look at the TV in your living room, Please tell us what brand it is...

I know you didn't necessarily buy those items beacuse of the name/logo or marketing, perhaps some you did though, that's not important. My Point, and the important thing is the other brands you DIDN'T buy because of their name/logo/marketing
    actually my shoes are no name from target, my kitchen is full of store brand cheap crap, and I dont buy anything based on brand. I buy based on consumer reviews. and my TV was on sale and my other one is a 1990s sony....lol SO I dont think that your argument holds water here. But hey in these economic times I dont think very many young people are buying based on a name on a side of a car. Most people my age that I know buy based on whats going to last cause we cant afford to replace it anytime soon.
    04-04-13 02:46 PM
    It's all about brand awareness. Advertising isn't just showing what it can do or how it can help you etc. It's a lot of just being recognized. Bus shelters, banners, product placement in tv/movies, signage in stores etc... all have an impact and for those that follow F1 racing, they will be seeing the BlackBerry name and logo for hours on end every other weekend for the season, and that advertising and product placement spans the globe. The point is, they need to get the name out there, show the world that they are still around, and doing things like sponsoring the Mercedes F1 team and getting into Barclay Stadium, and the Rogers Centre are great steps and get to people. It may not be direct but your mind has a funny way of taking note and remembering these little things.
    StormieTwo likes this.
    04-04-13 02:49 PM
    Word of mouth is important yes, but i dont go to Go Daddy for their car logos I go because of the comercials that are hillarious, I dont shop at wal mart cause the sponsor a car... I shop there cause its cheaper than other places.

Im sorry but I think alot of you over estimate what the "younger generation" is influenced by. I could walk past an Apple logo everyday and not buy it. Why cause i cant afford their stuff. If you advertise your company in an INNOVATIVE way. Even if i was to watch a race I wouldnt buy based on the logos on the cars. Its about what a product can do for me. Not where I see the name. thats why I like bb Not because I see it everywhere but because its Innovative, fresh, and functional. THAT is what BB needs to show. NOT a logo on a car
    04-04-13 02:50 PM
    It's all about brand awareness. Advertising isn't just showing what it can do or how it can help you etc. It's a lot of just being recognized. Bus shelters, banners, product placement in tv/movies, signage in stores etc... all have an impact and for those that follow F1 racing, they will be seeing the BlackBerry name and logo for hours on end every other weekend for the season, and that advertising and product placement spans the globe. The point is, they need to get the name out there, show the world that they are still around, and doing things like sponsoring the Mercedes F1 team and getting into Barclay Stadium, and the Rogers Centre are great steps and get to people. It may not be direct but your mind has a funny way of taking note and remembering when the time is right.
    Getting a name out there is great, but getting your name out there when people still think your an old mans phone with a trackball is worthless. First you have to change the mentality then you have to bombard them. Ive seen 2 BB adds on TV and I have it on just about every night for news and primetime. Sorry I dont think F1 cars cut it. If I hadnt been tracking the market and looking for investments nothing BB has done so far would have changed my mind about their phone offerings.

Again this is my 2 cents but NOT 1 of my friends knows anything about BB more than that they have something new out there but they all think its just a new version of the 9900 or similar
    04-04-13 02:53 PM

Posted via CB10
    Where did you see Wranglers advertising?
    04-04-13 02:59 PM
    Word of mouth is important yes, but i dont go to Go Daddy for their car logos I go because of the comercials that are hillarious, I dont shop at wal mart cause the sponsor a car... I shop there cause its cheaper than other places.

Im sorry but I think alot of you over estimate what the "younger generation" is influenced by. I could walk past an Apple logo everyday and not buy it. Why cause i cant afford their stuff. If you advertise your company in an INNOVATIVE way. Even if i was to watch a race I wouldnt buy based on the logos on the cars. Its about what a product can do for me. Not where I see the name. thats why I like bb Not because I see it everywhere but because its Innovative, fresh, and functional. THAT is what BB needs to show. NOT a logo on a car
    Work with me here. let's say you walked into a store and found two products that were similarly priced and of similar quality. if you were familiar with one logo and not the other logo, your brain would prefer the one you are familiar with, it a natural consequence of in-group/out-group thinking. You'll always side with the familiar.
    cjcampbell likes this.
    04-04-13 03:00 PM

Advertising works in amazing ways with your brain. even the fact that someone see's the bb logo on a car will find a place in the brain and will help blackberry out. tons and tons of research goes into advertising and big companies wouldnt waste money if it didnt work wonders
    Marc_Paradise likes this.
    Where did you see Wranglers advertising?
    all my jeans are what was cheap, and what was comfortable. brand doesnt matter
    Getting a name out there is great, but getting your name out there when people still think your an old mans phone with a trackball is worthless. First you have to change the mentality then you have to bombard them. Ive seen 2 BB adds on TV and I have it on just about every night for news and primetime. Sorry I dont think F1 cars cut it. If I hadnt been tracking the market and looking for investments nothing BB has done so far would have changed my mind about their phone offerings.

Again this is my 2 cents but NOT 1 of my friends knows anything about BB more than that they have something new out there but they all think its just a new version of the 9900 or similar
    Lol, you sound a lot like my 23 year old daughter. Very in tune with what's going on and extremely frugal because of the issues you mentioned.
    helopilot06 likes this.
    04-04-13 03:01 PM
    closed below the 5 DMA and right at the 20 DMA on TSX.
    low volume yesterday and today.
    negative MACD.

not looking good going into friday.
    04-04-13 03:02 PM
    actually my shoes are no name from target, my kitchen is full of store brand cheap crap, and I dont buy anything based on brand. I buy based on consumer reviews. and my TV was on sale and my other one is a 1990s sony....lol SO I dont think that your argument holds water here. But hey in these economic times I dont think very many young people are buying based on a name on a side of a car. Most people my age that I know buy based on whats going to last cause we cant afford to replace it anytime soon.
    I understand your point. There is a small portion of the population that is frugal and not imprssionable. But there is a larger portion that is glutenous and very impressionable. Enter.... Apple and Samsung marketing budgets.
    Last edited by AngryEdmontonian; 04-04-13 at 03:06 PM. Reason: grammar
    04-04-13 03:02 PM
113,250 ... 597598599600601 ...