View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    I wonder how long until someone considers the privacy ramifications of the new FB thing.

Just think : FB will have access to every. Single. Thing. That you do on your phone.
    bungaboy likes this.
    04-04-13 01:42 PM
    so, facebook uses their rival's open-source OS against them, by stealing ad revenue from them ( their customer's ads get priority viewing )

perhaps google will start licencing android to prevent this sort of thing.
    This is a good point that some are not talking amount. This really Google vs FB as opposed to FB vs other OS.
    StormieTwo likes this.
    04-04-13 01:44 PM
    04-04-13 01:50 PM
    This is a good point that some are not talking amount. This really Google vs FB as opposed to FB vs other OS.
    and its yet another example of android fragmentation... BBRY just keeps looking better and better (and faster... and more secure... and less intrusive...)!
    04-04-13 01:53 PM
    Way off topic but I found this interesting for you TSLA fans. Could make for more affordable car payments.
    Tesla Motors Inc (TSLA): Its Numbers Don?t Add Up - Insider Monkey
    lcjr likes this.
    04-04-13 02:00 PM
    Blackberry gets some business from Spain

BBRY getting some love from Spain with a big nudge from hometown player. Export Development Canada today said it provided a EUR200M "working capital facility" to Spanish carrier Telefonica to "facilitate the procurement of the Blackbery smartphones, services and solutions". Not a massive order, but a decent boost for BBRY as it works to get its new Z10 phones in as many markets as possible. Telefonica has over 315 million subscribers.
    Honest question here... To whom do they expect to sell smartphones to in Spain right now or in the near future? Let's see, government robs the citizens of their savings, closes the banks for a week, then when they open them they limit the amount a citizen can withdraw per day. News is the people are pulling out all their money at the limits imposed. Europe is debating on how to recoop their losses and how to boot Spain from the Euro. Recommendations are for another country to purchase Spain and it becomes a territory. Hmmmmm, let's sell smartphones in Spain....
    04-04-13 02:01 PM
    I wonder how long until someone considers the privacy ramifications of the new FB thing.

Just think : FB will have access to every. Single. Thing. That you do on your phone.
    The average user of FB doesn't know what security is, much less how to protect themselves.
    04-04-13 02:02 PM
    I think you've confused Spain with Cyprus...
    bungaboy and Chris Marsch like this.
    04-04-13 02:04 PM

Not on my phone, it will not! If all these BB users care about "security" they would not be using it!
    04-04-13 02:04 PM
    Stock has done nothing today and we are approaching the time of the day when it can really go down!
    04-04-13 02:05 PM
    Honest question here... To whom do they expect to sell smartphones to in Spain right now or in the near future? Let's see, government robs the citizens of their savings, closes the banks for a week, then when they open them they limit the amount a citizen can withdraw per day. News is the people are pulling out all their money at the limits imposed. Europe is debating on how to recoop their losses and how to boot Spain from the Euro. Recommendations are for another country to purchase Spain and it becomes a territory. Hmmmmm, let's sell smartphones in Spain....
    That's probably one reason why they needed the loan - no banks would loan money to anybody in Spain. Also Telephonica sells phones around the world. Also, who cares, once telephonica puts in the order and Blackberry gets the money.
    bungaboy likes this.
    04-04-13 02:05 PM
    Telefonica has over 315 million subscribers, I believe in 20+ countries(It's noted in the press release), they have Market in Europe , Central/South America as well

From PR:
    "Telef�nica is one of the largest global telecommunications companies, with operations in 24 countries and a customer base of over 315.7 million subscribers. EDC's working capital facility will facilitate BlackBerry market share growth within Telef�nica."
    Last edited by AngryEdmontonian; 04-04-13 at 02:10 PM. Reason: added quote
    04-04-13 02:06 PM
    I'm not a big fan of shorting stocks, but I might look into that with fb. Or just buying puts.
    Recommend you act quick. Get in and get out quick, as this is a flop in the making.
    04-04-13 02:07 PM
    Telefonica covers a lot more area than just Spain. It just happens to be a Spanish company. Home :: Atlas de Telef�nica
    bungaboy likes this.
    04-04-13 02:08 PM
    Spain... cyprus... what's the difference eh?

Telefonica has over 315 million subscribers, I believe in 20+ countries(It's noted in the press release), they have Market in Europe , Central/South America as well
    I don't think those numbers will remain true for very long. Just my opinion, but if you look on NYSE you'll notice the 5 year gradual plunge.
    Spanish PM Says Economy Will Return to Growth in 2014

04-04-13 02:09 PM
    Only to some extent.
    04-04-13 02:09 PM

Really. And how do they plan on performing that great magical act? Is the plan to repay the world for past bailouts still relevant?
    OMGitworks likes this.
    04-04-13 02:13 PM
    Telefonica is HUGE is Chile, Peru, Equador and Columbia. From what I remember, think AT&T or Version, but multinational.
    04-04-13 02:14 PM
    Telefonica is HUGE is Chile, Peru, Equador and Columbia. From what I remember, think AT&T or Version, but multinational.
    Well, I certainly wish them great success. Seems hard to make it anywhere in today's markets. Hard times are everywhere it would seem.
    04-04-13 02:17 PM
    At least we're doing better than AAPL and Nokia...both are red again today
    FB up 3%
    04-04-13 02:18 PM
    Really. And how do they plan on performing that great magical act? Is the plan to repay the world for past bailouts still relevant?
    oh look, BBRy went negative again... kind of like this thread.... (jk)
    bungaboy likes this.
    04-04-13 02:18 PM
    whatever happened to the roller coaster ride day in and day out with BB stock
    04-04-13 02:19 PM
    Way off topic but I found this interesting for you TSLA fans. Could make for more affordable car payments.
    Tesla Motors Inc (TSLA): Its Numbers Don?t Add Up - Insider Monkey
    I love this! Thanks Bugmapper. You have to give them props for attempting to get this great product into the hands of the average consumer. I went into their mall store in Colorado Springs. I didn't want to get out of the car. I'm looking at this and doing some research this weekend. Go TSLA!!
    04-04-13 02:19 PM
113,256 ... 596597598599600 ...