Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Pre market up.... maybe on this news

BlackBerry Z10 sell-through at Verizon similar to AT&T, says Jefferies
    Jefferies said its channel checks indicate that sell-through rates of BlackBerry's (BBRY) Z10 phone at Verizon (VZ) are in-line with sell-through rates at AT&T (T). The firm's checks indicate that Verizon retail stores and resellers may have sold around 200K Z10 units since launching, averaging around 10 units point of sale. Jefferies says that while sell-through is moderate as expected, it was surprised by the high level of carrier support and enthusiasm at Verizon. The firm continues to see large upside to May and August quarter consensus estimates and keeps a Buy rating on shares of BlackBerry.

I think we're going sideways until a lot better news comes along
    04-04-13 07:37 AM
    Prediction: after two solid quarters, Jeffries will downgrade on the basis that early sell - through was expected from BlackBerry loyalists.

Posted via CB10
    04-04-13 07:50 AM
    BlackBerry (BBRY)

BUY

Price target $22.00

Verizon Z10 Launch Store Checks: Sales Reps Trained, Displays Prominent

Key Takeaway

A week after the launch at Verizon, we conducted additional store checks across the country on 4/3/13. Overall, sell-through appears moderate as expected, though the very high level of carrier support and enthusiasm was surprising. We continue to see large upside to consensus May and Aug Q estimates and that BBRY's MDM opportunity is underappreciated. We are confident in our above consensus estimates for the May and Aug quarters.

Verizon's sell-through rates in line with AT&T. Based on our store checks, we believe Verizon retail stores and authorized resellers may have sold ~200K units since launching, averaging ~10 units point of sale. Our checks indicate that every store and reseller had the phone in stock and sell-through appears to be steady. Representatives highlighted particularly strong sales to the niche group of loyal BlackBerry users. While Z10 sales cannot compare to iPhone or Galaxy sales, we believe the Z10 is currently one of the top five bestselling handset on both Verizon and AT&T.

Very apparent Z10 store promotions and training for service reps. We believe Verizon is marketing and promoting the Z10 in a significant way. Every store representative was enthusiastic about highlighting the in-store display and suggesting a demo. Additionally, we found the representatives to be very well informed about the features of the device and consistently viewed it as a competitive device aside from the available apps.

Prior AT&T checks from 3/22/13. Our checks indicate that initial sell-in appears to be generally 10+ per store. Most cited sales as okay with a few slower and a handful stronger. Some stores were out of stock but expected replenishment shipments this week. Our checks also indicate that AT&T Business is seeing significant interest and could account for a meaningful portion of demand. We note that even if BBRY only has a niche 5% of the U.S. smartphone market with BB10, that represents a substantial rebound from its current less than 2% share.

Not just about the phone. While most near-term focus continues to be on the phone, we believe BBRY's mobile device management (MDM) opportunity is underappreciated. BES10 is currently being widely trialed by corporations even before a streamlined server-side implementation of BES10 is launched in May and BYOD sandboxing availability in June. We believe AT&T will heavily support BES10 with it possibly becoming AT&T's preferred MDM partner across all channels. We think BBRY's MDM software will gain traction throughout this year and see a significant ramp in revenues next year. Supporting devices with the
    best, most secure, and easiest-to-use mobile solution should enable BBRY to transition to an attractive business model.
    04-04-13 07:57 AM
    Hoping for another dip today to buy in. Is 10:30 the predicted time or do you guys feel some other pattern will happen today?
    BlackistheBerry likes this.
    04-04-13 08:06 AM
    Prediction: after two solid quarters, Jeffries will downgrade on the basis that early sell - through was expected from BlackBerry loyalists.

Posted via CB10

What about the 40-55% moving over from other platforms?
    04-04-13 08:09 AM
    Well, I just threw up in my mouth this morning when I heard the CNBC battle for the "Facebook versus BlackBerry" vote. The first thing the BlackBerry Bum said was, " Be sure to vote Apple when BlackBerry goes against them after today". Are you kidding me? He then tells us that BlackBerry will fail and not produce much after the initial sales go through. I cannot believe how much they hate BlackBerry. Then, the Facebook guy gets on and talks up FB to $ 38.00/shr, meanwhile BB is winning the vote by 74% so what is it? CNBC is disgusting, please go there and leave a nasty note to these clowns!!

Here is the opening chart for today:

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-rim-april-04-2013-chart.jpg

Note: We would have to close negative not to breakout of this pennant formation. We are set to go if we close at $ 15.00/shr of higher and the rally begins over $ 15.30/shr.

I hoped that Misek would raise his target from $ 19.50/shr and he did, that $ 22.00 is what you need to get the stock to $ 20.00 and scare some bears. Now we need the Q10 announcement to get things going here.
    04-04-13 08:10 AM
    Well, I just threw up in my mouth this morning when I heard the CNBC battle for the "Facebook versus BlackBerry" vote. The first thing the BlackBerry Bum said was, " Be sure to vote Apple when BlackBerry goes against them after today". Are you kidding me? He then tells us that BlackBerry will fail and not produce much after the initial sales go through. I cannot believe how much they hate BlackBerry. Then, the Facebook guy gets on and talks up FB to $ 38.00/shr, meanwhile BB is winning the vote by 74% so what is it? CNBC is disgusting, please go there and leave a nasty note to these clowns!!

Note: We would have to close negative not to breakout of this pennant formation. We are set to go if we close at $ 15.00/shr of higher and the rally begins over $ 15.30/shr.

I hoped that Misek would raise his target from $ 19.50/shr and he did, that $ 22.00 is what you need to get the stock to $ 20.00 and scare some bears. Now we need the Q10 announcement to get things going here.

They are definitely suckers of corck...
    04-04-13 08:12 AM

OK... I have a question M+8. Just trying to learn a bit of T&A from you. Why two pennants and not just one big one? Seems like seeing what you want to see. (No offense intended, just wondering if there is a technical reason for 2 pennants)?
    04-04-13 08:18 AM
    What about the 40-55% moving over from other platforms?
    International -not in the supposedly 'critical' US market. Though if that carries through to the US it may be a different story...

We'll see. I just feel like Jeffries is setting BBRY up for a future takedown.

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy likes this.
    04-04-13 08:20 AM
    International -not in the supposedly 'critical' US market. Though if that carries through to the US it may be a different story...

Posted via CB10
    LoL. Once bit . . . . . twice shy?
    04-04-13 08:25 AM
    OK... I have a question M+8. Just trying to learn a bit of T&A from you. Why two pennants and not just one big one? Seems like seeing what you want to see. (No offense intended, just wondering if there is a technical reason for 2 pennants)?
    We spent over a month inside a symmetrical triangle which is the largest set of converging lines, this is not a pennant formation. Within the past few days though, we formed a pennant and we are ressolving it today (hopefully). These are entirely different shapes even though they might look the same to you. Traders see them as having different outcomes. The sym-tri has a 5 step movement inside it and rssolves 75% of the time upward. The pennant is a very short-term formation and creats a pause in trading while waiting for news or other inputs. We need to move up, drag the 5-dma up with us and set the stage for another move to $ 17.30/shr for yet another formation completion and trade. Hope this helps.
    bungaboy, Bugmapper and cjcampbell like this.
    04-04-13 08:26 AM

Posted via CB10

Goldman definitely setup for it and were so anxious about doing it they ended up looking like fools.
    bungaboy likes this.
    04-04-13 08:26 AM
    04-04-13 08:27 AM
    Looks like the 50 DMA, 5 DMA and stock price are all converging around $15.00. It will be interesting to see which way it breaks or if we just trade sideways for a while. I am guessing we go sideways which is why I am on the sidelines for now, but recent history in BBRY suggests volatility. GLTA.
    04-04-13 08:32 AM
    I wonder how many phones they are going buy with that loan.
    04-04-13 08:35 AM
    These are entirely different shapes even though they might look the same to you. Hope this helps.
    Yup, obviously I have a lot of reading to do. Thanks.
    04-04-13 08:37 AM
    I wonder how many phones they are going buy with that loan.
    250,000?
    04-04-13 08:37 AM
    200,000 is an excellent number. If this number is correct, BlackBerry will blow expectations out of the water. BlackBerry doesn't even to launch the Q10 this quarter to beat BB10 expectations. Do the math.
    bungaboy and Markymark 23 like this.
    04-04-13 08:38 AM
    We spent over a month inside a symmetrical triangle which is the largest set of converging lines, this is not a pennant formation. Within the past few days though, we formed a pennant and we are ressolving it today (hopefully). These are entirely different shapes even though they might look the same to you. Traders see them as having different outcomes. The sym-tri has a 5 step movement inside it and rssolves 75% of the time upward. The pennant is a very short-term formation and creats a pause in trading while waiting for news or other inputs. We need to move up, drag the 5-dma up with us and set the stage for another move to $ 17.30/shr for yet another formation completion and trade. Hope this helps.
    All this sounds like Greek to me, but I love it...
    bungaboy, LuckyJP and morganplus8 like this.
    04-04-13 08:38 AM
    volume isn't very high on TSX.
    fairly early for volume to drop off.

how's it looking on the Nasdaq?
    04-04-13 08:39 AM
    200,000 is an excellent number. If this number is correct, BlackBerry will blow expectations out of the water. BlackBerry doesn't even to launch the Q10 this quarter to beat BB10 expectations. Do the math.
    I was thinking that financing usually don't support 100% of purchase. The borrower might need to bring 20-50% to the table? So, if this is the case, then they might be spending more than $200mil.
    morganplus8 and bungaboy like this.
    04-04-13 08:42 AM
    NASDAQ site seems to be broken
    04-04-13 08:44 AM
    volume isn't very high on TSX.
    fairly early for volume to drop off.

how's it looking on the Nasdaq?
    On Nasdaq, to see a sideway movement, you need to turn the graph 90 deg clockwise - it is rocketing up almost vertically at the moment.
    BlackistheBerry likes this.
    04-04-13 08:49 AM
    04-04-13 08:49 AM
    NASDAQ site seems to be broken
    Research In Motion Ltd: NASDAQ:BBRY quotes & news - Google Finance
    Bilaal likes this.
    04-04-13 08:50 AM
113,250 ... 591592593594595 ...