View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    License deal would blast the stock price and make a great long position...takeover would increase stock but I'd be selling pretty quick. (my opinion).
    I would definitely sell if it was taken over.
    cjcampbell and lcjr like this.
    04-03-13 06:21 PM
    Take it with a grain of salt, but the Lenovo thing has popped up again (via Benzinga)

Hearing Renewed Chatter of Lenovo Interest in Blackberry

The Rumor:
    Shares of Blackberry (NASDAQ: BBRY) moved higher Wednesday morning on chatter of renewed interest from Lenovo (OTC: LNVGY) for a possible takeover of the smartphone maker. On January 24, the Lenovo CFO commented that the company was looking at all opportunities, including the Blackberry maker. However, a spokesperson for the company later told Benzinga those comments were overstated.

Spokespersons for Blackberry and Lenovo declined comment on today's rumor.

Blackberry closed at $15.03 Wednesday, a loss of $0.11 on 1.5 times average volume.

Read more: Benzinga's M&A Chatter for Wednesday April 3, 2013 | Benzinga
    Wait I thought they were buying NEC's mobile unit, did this change?
    04-03-13 06:29 PM
    Thats why I think licensing makes sense, not takeover.
    04-03-13 06:32 PM
    Wait I thought they were buying NEC's mobile unit, did this change?
    No...that is a go (so far), that's why the BB10 makes so much sense...gotta have software with the hardware.
    04-03-13 06:32 PM
    No...that is a go (so far), that's why the BB10 makes so much sense...gotta have software with the hardware.
    Yes that would be a win, let's hope they don't jump on the Android bus.
    Shanerredflag likes this.
    04-03-13 06:38 PM
    Yes that would be a win, let's hope they don't jump on the Android bus.
    Don't see it...the CEO is hot and bothered over BB...it's a licence deal. (I hope).
    bungaboy likes this.
    04-03-13 06:40 PM
    K...blast from the past:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...4FXHunHMw&NR=1

I'll be drinking margaritas to this if they announce a licence deal!! Golf, sun, cars...yeah baby.
    04-03-13 06:45 PM
    Followed by this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...&v=PeXjBWN8LO8

Although my wife might disagree lol
    04-03-13 06:46 PM
    I'm all for that one my friend. This elevator can go up now. Everybody else waiting can take the stairs.
    Just remember to pause, briefly, at $18,25 so some of us can get on board.
    bungaboy and lcjr like this.
    04-03-13 06:53 PM
    All righty then...tomorrow FaceBook is going to announce an app...nothing major, just an app so if you want some quick cash, short that sucker. Then HTC is going to announce they are the only ones that will have this wonderful app for at least six months and it will come native and preloaded on their next device. The problem with this is it's a high level device and no one will buy it...so if you want some quicker cash short them too. BB will gain over 2% on this news even though it has nothing at all to do with BB...so, the wise move is :

Stay Long.

Just my opinion..
    From what I recall the HTC facebook phone was an "elcheapo" not top tier.
    04-03-13 06:54 PM
    Don't see it...the CEO is hot and bothered over BB...it's a licence deal. (I hope).
    And it's pretty much a given that Samsung is the only hardware manufacturer making money using Android... There are just to many players using Android software, high end players and cheapos out of China, covering the broad spectrum. Any new company sporting Android at this point would be lost in the mix. BB10 would make sense for a lot of "newcomers" and even companies like Sony who have yet to make a big dent.
    04-03-13 06:55 PM
    I'm in the DoD, and though I can't speak for each agency respectively, I can say the majority will not utilize any other device for several reasons. Also, not all contracts will ensure the latest device (Z10). My organization just renewed our contract and received the Bold 9930 (don't ask). So, there are many factors at play regarding the DoD and BB. Unless you're a part of it it's hard to understand.
    Also I thought it was not an all or nothing award and that they would be looking at multiple devices and platforms???
    04-03-13 06:57 PM
    Im checking globe and mail, forbes, bloomberg and cnbc, and none are talking about this lenovo rumour (seems to come up every month around this time ).

I'm not seeing anything about the DoD contract either. Infact, blackberry didnt come up in any articles today.
    04-03-13 06:58 PM
    From what I recall the HTC facebook phone was an "elcheapo" not top tier.
    I think I may short Facebook after seeing this one. They're seriously struggling with effectively monetizing that whole concept.
    04-03-13 07:02 PM
    Anyone know of any other mdm platform out there that is anywhere close to the capabilities of BES 10?

I would be very surprised of bb wasn't able to secure a contract with the DOD.

BB10 being the platform being able to pass FIPS 140-2 certification, wouldnt make sense for them to choose another platform
    There are many MDM solutions out there for years but Anroid and iOS only allow certain part of OS managable remotely compare to BES for BBs. The BES can access your BB to level no other solution can so enterprises know exactly what's on your device, what it did and what it can do. All other mdm solutions can see parts of Anroid and iOS what Apple and Google want you to see compare to BB can show you much more than anyone else on BBs. With BES10 it can manage all standard iOS and Anroid devices just like other MDM solutions but it can also manage BBs better including the balanace feature. So if your enterprise is mix of devices with majority of BBs then it makes no sense to use any thing else other than BES10. The other MDM solutions can manage all platform abd limited BB. This is where BB can bank on as it can compete with other solutions for all other OSs but gives you lot more if you use BBs with BES10. No goverments will allow any other platform which is not secure enough including lack of FIPS-140 certification. Even if certain executives would want non-BBs as long as they have covered their *** for not losing the jobs by having other devices as play devices with full access and BB as gold standard. Wait till q10 comes out, Although z10 almost replaces the physical keyboard there are still some people still think physical keyboard is must and waitin for for that..
    04-03-13 07:04 PM
    Seems to me a Lenovo takeover would NEVER be approved by the Canadian government and that DoD would drop all BBRY devices if it was somehow to get thru. In the end I think all it would be good for would be a spike up and then eventually down. We already know who is behind a lot of the web attacks against major corps and government sites...... Net/net I think its a negative for the stock. I'd rather just have the DoD contract. JMHO...
    04-03-13 07:05 PM
    Im checking globe and mail, forbes, bloomberg and cnbc, and none are talking about this lenovo rumour (seems to come up every month around this time ).

I'm not seeing anything about the DoD contract either. Infact, blackberry didnt come up in any articles today.
    Here's one for today.

StreetInsider.com - BlackBerry (BBRY) Gives Android, iOS Users 'Full Demo' of BB10 OS
    bungaboy and Shanerredflag like this.
    04-03-13 07:05 PM
    I think I may short Facebook after seeing this one. They're seriously struggling with effectively monetizing that whole concept.
    I was quite happy to get out today at 26.25, I can't see the facebook phone being a good thing.
    04-03-13 07:13 PM
    04-03-13 07:16 PM
    Thats why we are talking about a licensing deal for bb10 on their phones in China only.

Seems to me a Lenovo takeover would NEVER be approved by the Canadian government and that DoD would drop all BBRY devices if it was somehow to get thru. In the end I think all it would be good for would be a spike up and then eventually down. We already know who is behind a lot of the web attacks against major corps and government sites...... Net/net I think its a negative for the stock. I'd rather just have the DoD contract. JMHO...
    Shanerredflag and bungaboy like this.
    04-03-13 07:17 PM
    I was quite happy to get out today at 26.25, I can't see the facebook phone being a good thing.
    Yeah, they were a good buy at ~$18 and sell at ~$28 but I think they'll be on their way down again soon.
    04-03-13 07:19 PM
    There are many MDM solutions out there for years but Anroid and iOS only allow certain part of OS managable remotely compare to BES for BBs. The BES can access your BB to level no other solution can so enterprises know exactly what's on your device, what it did and what it can do. All other mdm solutions can see parts of Anroid and iOS what Apple and Google want you to see compare to BB can show you much more than anyone else on BBs. With BES10 it can manage all standard iOS and Anroid devices just like other MDM solutions but it can also manage BBs better including the balanace feature. So if your enterprise is mix of devices with majority of BBs then it makes no sense to use any thing else other than BES10. The other MDM solutions can manage all platform abd limited BB. This is where BB can bank on as it can compete with other solutions for all other OSs but gives you lot more if you use BBs with BES10. No goverments will allow any other platform which is not secure enough including lack of FIPS-140 certification. Even if certain executives would want non-BBs as long as they have covered their *** for not losing the jobs by having other devices as play devices with full access and BB as gold standard. Wait till q10 comes out, Although z10 almost replaces the physical keyboard there are still some people still think physical keyboard is must and waitin for for that..
    Well said and thank you...
    bungaboy and Markymark 23 like this.
    04-03-13 07:19 PM
    Careful lol...not advice. (but I am for a bit of fun).
    04-03-13 07:20 PM
    DoD was speculation only on my part as to what them adopting BES10 MDM would mean for bbrys revenue stream even when the DoD shifts to more apple devices.

The Lenovo rumour will be breaking following the lead from the London Telegraph interview I linked a few pages back. Its only a couple of hours old.

bungaboy likes this.
    04-03-13 07:21 PM
    Yeah, they were a good buy at ~$18 and sell at ~$28 but I think they'll be on their way down again soon.
    Agree...I look at my kids. One is 22 with a finance degree the other just starting University...one (the younger one) is done with FB saying it's just a waste of time and invasion of privacy because you can't eliminate previous posts. The older one say's she hardly uses it any more.
    Normal kids with unbiased opinions. That's enough for me...just sayin.
    04-03-13 07:25 PM
113,252 ... 586587588589590 ...