View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    im kind of lost or maybe I just havn't been reading much today....but WHAT is happening tomorrow?
    This:

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-untitled.png
    04-03-13 04:39 PM
    This:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	untitled.png 
Views:	509 
Size:	60.7 KB 
ID:	147085
    That pretty well covers it!
    Shanerredflag likes this.
    04-03-13 04:44 PM
    Hey!

I don't think anyone has linked to this:
    Looking at bull and bear views on BlackBerry | CrackBerry.com

Nothing we didn't know already, but decent summation and some good points in the comments.
    Shanerredflag and bungaboy like this.
    04-03-13 04:50 PM
    Does anyone know what the price of gas at the pumps is in Northern Russia...lol

Where is Dude when we need him???
    04-03-13 04:52 PM
    Does anyone know what the price of gas at the pumps is in Northern Russia...lol

Where is Dude when we need him???
    Me thinks Dude was really a low level Pacific Crest trader trying to instill fear...at least that's how I justify his disappearance lol.
    lcjr and bungaboy like this.
    04-03-13 04:56 PM
    Me thinks Dude was really a low level Pacific Crest trader trying to instill fear...at least that's how I justify his disappearance lol.
    Makes sense...probably also had a sloping forehead and other neanderthal features.
    Shanerredflag, lcjr and bungaboy like this.
    04-03-13 05:00 PM
    [QUOTE=_dimi_;8254219]Relax.. have a good excuse ready and you'll be fine.

Sadly workplace harassment investigators don't share the sense of humour that some of us here have. I have to support Chrysaurora on this one.
    _dimi_ likes this.
    04-03-13 05:11 PM
    Take it with a grain of salt, but the Lenovo thing has popped up again (via Benzinga)

Hearing Renewed Chatter of Lenovo Interest in Blackberry

The Rumor:
    Shares of Blackberry (NASDAQ: BBRY) moved higher Wednesday morning on chatter of renewed interest from Lenovo (OTC: LNVGY) for a possible takeover of the smartphone maker. On January 24, the Lenovo CFO commented that the company was looking at all opportunities, including the Blackberry maker. However, a spokesperson for the company later told Benzinga those comments were overstated.

Spokespersons for Blackberry and Lenovo declined comment on today's rumor.

Blackberry closed at $15.03 Wednesday, a loss of $0.11 on 1.5 times average volume.

Read more: Benzinga's M&A Chatter for Wednesday April 3, 2013 | Benzinga
    04-03-13 05:16 PM
    Take it with a grain of salt, but the Lenovo thing has popped up again (via Benzinga)

Hearing Renewed Chatter of Lenovo Interest in Blackberry

The Rumor:
    Shares of Blackberry (NASDAQ: BBRY) moved higher Wednesday morning on chatter of renewed interest from Lenovo (OTC: LNVGY) for a possible takeover of the smartphone maker. On January 24, the Lenovo CFO commented that the company was looking at all opportunities, including the Blackberry maker. However, a spokesperson for the company later told Benzinga those comments were overstated.

Spokespersons for Blackberry and Lenovo declined comment on today's rumor.

Blackberry closed at $15.03 Wednesday, a loss of $0.11 on 1.5 times average volume.

Read more: Benzinga's M&A Chatter for Wednesday April 3, 2013 | Benzinga

Nah, this is tired now.
    04-03-13 05:18 PM
    and this from the Ottawa citizen, more fuel for the fire:

Back in Beijing, mid-ranking employees claim that Lenovo is engaged in active talks with BlackBerry but Yang refuses to be drawn on the subject.

“We can only answer in very official language. We think acquisition is a very good tool [for expansion],” he says. He adds that BlackBerry is “definitely a good company.”

With $4 billion on its balance sheet, no debts, and strong cash flow, Lenovo would be in a strong position to do a deal of some sort. BlackBerry’s market capitalization stands at $7.4 billion.

However, Wong, the chief financial officer, cautions that it has no interest in buying any company simply to boost Lenovo’s sales.

It needs to be able to integrate acquisitions into the rest of the business, and BlackBerry, with its 12,000 employees, might be too big for Lenovo to swallow.

A major acquisition like BlackBerry would certainly switch Western consumers on to the Lenovo name, more than they are currently, but for the moment, China remains the engine room of the business. It accounts for around 43 per cent of revenues, and acts as a crucial test bed for new products before they are rolled out elsewhere, as well as for emerging-market strategies.

Read more: Lenovo: The Chinese tech giant that wants to chew up Apple
    04-03-13 05:20 PM
    Don't you think where there is smoke...... maybe a licensing deal for phones in China is in the works?
    Bugmapper likes this.
    04-03-13 05:21 PM
    Don't you think where there is smoke...... maybe a licensing deal for phones in China is in the works?

That would make a lot more sense to me.
    04-03-13 05:24 PM
    I hope every day for this!!

(Squeeeeeze)
    fedakd likes this.
    04-03-13 05:24 PM
    exactly, Lenovo has a large share in the Chinese market, BB10 on their phones would be a major high margin revenue source.
    I can't believe there would be this much chatter if there wasn't something going on here. The article I quoted from the Ottawa Citizen was actually from the London Telegraph. I believe that this will ramp up the rumour mill again and tomorrow could see some decent gains as a result.

I hope every day for this!!

(Squeeeeeze)
    04-03-13 05:30 PM
    Imagine if Lenovo started accumulating shares to just under 10% ownership months ago, then announced to be a licensee of BB10 in the future.

Ah that would be sweet and would still be legal...(Lenovo does not have to disclose if its under 10% ). The money Lenovo would make would pay for the license itself.

exactly, Lenovo has a large share in the Chinese market, BB10 on their phones would be a major high margin revenue source.
    I can't believe there would be this much chatter if there wasn't something going on here. The article I quoted from the Ottawa Citizen was actually from the London Telegraph. I believe that this will ramp up the rumour mill again and tomorrow could see some decent gains as a result.
    fedakd and bungaboy like this.
    04-03-13 05:45 PM
    K...I'm celebrating as if it's a done deal:

Bugmapper and bungaboy like this.
    04-03-13 05:46 PM
    Man, we really need to recruit a 'mid-level' bbry employee to confirm the gossip on this thread
    04-03-13 05:52 PM
    Let's recruit Thorsten instead!

Posted via CB10
    Shanerredflag, CDM76 and bungaboy like this.
    04-03-13 05:57 PM
    That would mean 10 percent less shares for the shorts to cover with ...

Imagine if Lenovo started accumulating shares to just under 10% ownership months ago, then announced to be a licensee of BB10 in the future.

Ah that would be sweet and would still be legal...(Lenovo does not have to disclose if its under 10% ). The money Lenovo would make would pay for the license itself.
    04-03-13 05:58 PM
    Turned green in aftermarkets...
    04-03-13 06:00 PM
    Tomorrow is going to be a good day
    04-03-13 06:04 PM
    Does anyone have an opinion on what the effect a Lenono partnership would have on the DoD decision to use BES10?
    04-03-13 06:10 PM
    Tomorrow is going to be a good day
    Tsx is tanking so I'm in for another 1000 shares tomorrow. Converted all positions to cash yesterday until Tsx rebounds and I think there's something big coming down the Pike soon for BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10 on a BLACK Z10!
    04-03-13 06:10 PM
    Does anyone have an opinion on what the effect a Lenono partnership would have on the DoD decision to use BES10?
    Shouldn't have any impact, unless they actually took them over.
    04-03-13 06:13 PM
    License deal would blast the stock price and make a great long position...takeover would increase stock but I'd be selling pretty quick. (my opinion).

As for the DoD, I think license would be OK but take over would likely delay indefinitely any agreement, until they were 100% satisfied...which might be never.
    bungaboy likes this.
    04-03-13 06:18 PM
113,256 ... 585586587588589 ...