View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Bought some more at the dip, upped my shares to 2800. I have a small amount of cash left, but that's it. I only trade 10% of my chunk. That's my strategy for now... Sell is in place for 18.80 though for my entire portion.

I try not to watch this stock like a hawk, there is really no point, however because its so volatile and there are hoards of news coming out, its hard not to...
    Good lord Kid, you've really acquired the shares. That's awesome! You've got a good plan. Mine is still on the $18 so I can sell and buy more. I'm just tapped out of funds to throw at this.
    bungaboy likes this.
    04-03-13 11:57 AM
    Like I said, I'm in no hurry to sell besides the fact I have to in order to aquire more shares. End of June will be here before we know it.
    Icjr, I have this feeling, just before the Q10 is released we will see a spike... Whether or not it hits the 18 dollar mark, it will be tempting to sell... Just think how many people out there will sell right at the launch for profit taking? Remember when the Z10 launched, that thing dropped like a bomb the next day... This is something I am currently thinking about. But then again, we are in different times with BB gaining more confidence from investors.

update: Blackberry just announced on their fanpage the Q10 is just WEEKS away.

http://global.blackberry.com/smartph...32&DATE=040313
    lcjr, Superfly_FR and bungaboy like this.
    04-03-13 11:59 AM
    Green again...
    slipstream89 and cjcampbell like this.
    04-03-13 12:02 PM
    Wow, that's a nice little push north. $15.16 before dipping again.
    04-03-13 12:09 PM
    Green again...
    Oh that's just because BlackBerry is going to be announcing a BB OS 10 partnership with Facebook tomorrow. Nothing special there .................
    La Emperor, fedakd and bungaboy like this.
    04-03-13 12:10 PM
    Oh that's just because BlackBerry is going to be announcing a BB OS 10 partnership with Facebook tomorrow. Nothing special there .................
    Wat? Where did you hear that?
    04-03-13 12:15 PM
    If/when that happens we'll have some needed positive news floating around.
    morganplus8 and bungaboy like this.
    04-03-13 12:16 PM
    Good lord Kid, you've really acquired the shares. That's awesome! You've got a good plan. Mine is still on the $18 so I can sell and buy more. I'm just tapped out of funds to throw at this.
    That's a good plan!

Hey Morgan and anyone else who can help, just a quick question. I'm having troubles with understanding how short-selling works. My main question is if/when they have to cover and how drastic the effect will have on the stock price. From what I have heard, because their are so many shares being traded, the effect won't be as drastic (and positive for us investors). Is this true? What would you expect to happen if the short interest decreased by 100 million within the next 4 months?
    04-03-13 12:17 PM
    lol I love the way you drop an atomic bomb here

BTW, I may enhance my BB revenues - eventually - Enhance your thumb reflexes with Thumbs Madness for BlackBerry 10 | CrackBerry.com
    Ooops, not ... it's ... FREE !
    04-03-13 12:17 PM
    now don't start spreading some rumors there...lol.

Question for you - the 3 MA's are all converging with the 20dma and 5dma ready to cross above the 50. last time this happened was in mid september of last year when the sp was under $8 and the 20dma stayed above the 50 til early march.. if this is not bullish i don't know what is ? lol

04-03-13 12:19 PM
    For those of you like me who like the service revenue that BES 10 can potentially bring in, a lengthy but interesting article:

Biztech2.com India - Android's Malware Woes: Can BB Win Over CIOs Again? - Features - Security
    04-03-13 12:20 PM
    Green again,. Man if we can just keep dipping higher in the green and less in the red we might see a profit today
    04-03-13 12:22 PM
    Icjr, I have this feeling, just before the Q10 is released we will see a spike... Whether or not it hits the 18 dollar mark, it will be tempting to sell... Just think how many people out there will sell right at the launch for profit taking? Remember when the Z10 launched, that thing dropped like a bomb the next day... This is something I am currently thinking about. But then again, we are in different times with BB gaining more confidence from investors.

update: Blackberry just announced on their fanpage the Q10 is just WEEKS away.

BlackBerry Q10 Smartphone With QWERTY Keyboard - BlackBerry Q10 Release - Global
    Agreed. I am tempted always to sell on the run up to a launch or event, playing the runnups and the dips. But having been burnt in the past with other stocks, I made myself sit through all the volitility, and wait for the big payday.

But I'm itching! If I see both Morgan & BWTunder call overbought, I think I'll jump on the bandwagon this time for the Q10!
    04-03-13 12:27 PM
    best days are like this, start off red and BAM right in the kisser, green goo coming from the mouth
    cjcampbell and Superfly_FR like this.
    04-03-13 12:28 PM
    That's a good plan!

Hey Morgan and anyone else who can help, just a quick question. I'm having troubles with understanding how short-selling works. My main question is if/when they have to cover and how drastic the effect will have on the stock price. From what I have heard, because their are so many shares being traded, the effect won't be as drastic (and positive for us investors). Is this true? What would you expect to happen if the short interest decreased by 100 million within the next 4 months?
    Shorts eventually have to buy the shares to replace those they borrowed and sold. Sometimes this happens in an orderly fashion and the price action is negligible. Sometimes, usually in the event of a drastic price change, they all try to cover at the same time driving the price up a classic short squeeze. In BBRY as with others what can happen is that as the price rises, the margin requirement will go up. Once this happens the marginal (bad choice or words but I mean playing on the margin and without a lot of capital behind them) players then have to make good or cover on their promises and then the blood is in the water. It is hard to know how may day traders are short BBRY and how much are the big boys and girls. The smaller day traders are very vunerable to margin calls and a squeeze, the larger players can usually ride it out for a while and avoid the squeeze if they have enough cash and risk tolerance. The answer to your question is, IMHO, "it depends." We know the # of shorts, but AFAIK, we don't know how many of the shares were shorted by who and when and at what price. If they are constantly circulating (getting in and then out) the shorts, then their price in likely in the 12-14 range and not a problem for them right now. If they have been short for a while, say from 10, then they have a big problem at 18. If they got in at 17, then they are great right now. JMHO, others may know more....
    bungaboy, La Emperor and Kid Vibe like this.
    04-03-13 12:32 PM
    My second major holding is ZNGA. ZNGA is outperforming BBRY at the moment. I sold 2000 ZNGA shares and bought 500 shares of BBRY this morning. If BBRY outpaces ZNGA today, then I will switch the shares back. :-))
    04-03-13 12:36 PM
    George over on Seekang Alpha came up with the theory that our short position is a matter of increased volume and therefore present every day but closed at the end of it. This simply is not true and mis-leading to say the least. The short position is real, it is a long standing short position and not any different than Netflix or any other major trade today. The result of that short position will be a feverish rally when they decide to close it. The short position will not cover until we give them a reason to cover and that might not be until we announce something they aren't prepared for. My "tongue in cheek" comment about Facebook is the kind of thing that would cause the shorts to cover. This type of news is a bullish component that no one could imagine and lifts the stock into the mid-twenties. Will it happen? Not likely but imagine if you will if they license the OS to a major player.

I short stock all the time, I have to pay the dividends the stock pays out to those whose shares I borrowed, I hate that but I have to do it. People who short don't like paying dividends and carrying charges and we are no different here. I love to short a stock but I don't like paying to play. The cost of shorting BBRY has been going up so the traders need to make great money knocking BBRY down in order to pay for costs of carrying the stock, and the rally it can make. Today is a complete surprise here, we are pennies away from a breakout above $ 15.20/shr.. If we close above that number it will be so interesting to know why. With the market down this much, there would have to be something brewing here. Let's see if it rallies as is Facebook!!!!! We need that deal.
    04-03-13 12:36 PM
    My second major holding is ZNGA. ZNGA is outperforming BBRY at the moment. I sold 2000 ZNGA shares and bought 500 shares of BBRY this morning. If BBRY outpaces ZNGA today, then I will switch the shares back. :-))
    Good on you man, I remember I was playing my mock trading game last year and I bought ZYNGA with about 40 000 fake dollars... I got burned haha! Tons of people lost a lot of cash on that stock. Luckily, you got in at the right time, if FB does well ZYNGA will do well IMO.

Thanks Morgan and OMG for the replies as well.
    q649 and morganplus8 like this.
    04-03-13 12:47 PM
    Okay guys lets be honest.

I'm going to win the lottery this weekend and I'll be sure to buy $5 million worth of shares next week. It'll be green for sure! :P
    04-03-13 12:47 PM
    BlackBerry disputes Kantar market share research for GB | Mobile News Online

Glad to see BB stepping up to the plate on this one... It's one thing to put spins on a company, another thing to release false data and claim it as true.
    bungaboy and morganplus8 like this.
    04-03-13 01:45 PM
    Hey guys, this is from the Short Sellers thread in the forum. For those of you who know about this stuff, can you explain? What I don't understand is.....are the stocks that I own being used by someone else?? How do I ensure that this doesn't happen? Or can I? I've sort of grasped what short sellers do thanks to you all but this is beyond me at the moment. At the end of the day, should smaller sized shareholders (few hundred, few thousand shares) worry about this kind of stuff?

The Anual General Meeting is in June sometime. 40 days before the AGM is the day of record. If you want to receive your proxy votes you must control your shares on this day. If your shares are loaned out, the new guy that bought your shares gets the vote. There are only 516MM shares eligible to vote. I have BB stock in margin account, RRSP, TFSA and Corp. It will be interesting to see how many proxys I get. I am on margin, but will put those shares up for sale before the record day, or pay off the margin and tranfer to my US cash account???

The large shareholders who allowed their shares to be loaned out to collect the 6?% fee, may want them back before the record day. The shorts have to find other shares to borrow or cover their short. Short squeeze. If there is still a huge short position on record day, I'm guessing it's someone or a group collecting voting rights (sell short - buy back same amount of shares and hold) to vote in some scheme that will surely screw us all.....

Thanks to anyone who can help out here.!!
    bungaboy likes this.
    04-03-13 01:45 PM
    If you want to read what SAP thinks about the potential of MDM and the 'internet of things' that TH has been talking about:

Mobile Device Management Spotlight: SAP Afaria
    zyben likes this.
    04-03-13 01:53 PM
    BlackBerry disputes Kantar market share research for GB | Mobile News Online

Glad to see BB stepping up to the plate on this one... It's one thing to put spins on a company, another thing to release false data and claim it as true.
    Yep, but I'm going to stop getting upset when seeing this type manipulation. Actually, to be honest, BB did this to themselves when they sank their own boat a few years back. Now playing "return from the dead", BB has to convince a lot of people that watched it fall that it can be a great corporation again.
    Kid Vibe and bungaboy like this.
    04-03-13 02:03 PM
    Tomorrow, Nokia is going to pre-announce the quarterly result. My take is that regardless the result (of Nokia) it will be good for BBRY, i.e.,
    If the result is good, then the market will think that the same good things apply to BBRY.
    If the result is bad, then the market will think that Nokia is not a threat to BBRY in competing for the #3 spot. The money out of NOK will then go to BBRY.
    Hope I am right.
    04-03-13 02:34 PM
    Excellent article here with some encouraging points.

10 Things BlackBerry Z10 Does That iPhone Can't

One solid sign that the Z10 is getting some attention in the United States is the number of inquiries I'm currently receiving from readers, colleagues, coworkers, friends and family about the Z10. The inquiries usually go something like this: "You have the new BlackBerry, right? [Insert name of somebody they know here; Joe Schmo, for example] has one too, and he really likes it

10 Things BlackBerry Z10 Does That iPhone Can't - CIO.com
    04-03-13 02:35 PM
113,256 ... 582583584585586 ...