View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    not liking this 3% drop today. was there a cause? looking at my charts the entire market is down about 0.7% and apple meanwhile rose over 1%

I was expecting to see something around $16 for week's end
    This is BlackBerry's usual pattern. In absence of news, slow drift down on low volume.

And sometimes, not so slow...

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy likes this.
    04-03-13 09:36 AM
    This is BlackBerry's usual pattern. In absence of news, slow drift down on low volume.
    Posted via CB10
    I guess, we are going to start seeing Q10 related news from mid-april. So, 10 more days.
    bungaboy likes this.
    04-03-13 09:38 AM
    I guess, we are going to start seeing Q10 related news from mid-april. So, 10 more days.
    This will be balanced by inevitable reports of slow US sales.

Posted via CB10
    04-03-13 09:40 AM
    All the investors have to do is look at the list of trending threads on CB and they will short the stock.

I have never seen such b!tching and whining on a fan site. An awful lot of nebies posting negative bunk and lots of piling on.

Yes the Z10 has some issues (that BB are working on and are obvious short comings) but this is nuts IMO.

I am fine with bonifide critisim as it will help make a better product.
    walt63 and Markymark 23 like this.
    04-03-13 09:45 AM
    Canaccord came out with their vision of the earnings, same old same old, the shorters were ready to follow up and this will pass too...
    bungaboy likes this.
    04-03-13 09:52 AM
    Sounds like some of you need some T&A here:

Here is the chart pattern for the past couple of months:

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-rim-april-03a-2013-chart.jpg

The blue line is the uptrend line that started back in September. The two heavy green lines are the current trend for the stock. Note that this is a pennant formation that I mentioned was forming in my last post. We don't have enough important news to bust out and rally here so the stock is like a bouncing ball and range trading. We almost hit the lows which are around $ 14.50/today and rallied back up. The main indicator for a rally are the 5-dma and the 50-dma and we are currently just below them which often happens on TA trading.

In my last charts, I showed you the weekly chart going back 3-years, I mentioned that you could watch the stock's trade on Sunday night each week and know that it is a great investment. We are clearly above the 7 month uptrend line and gaining about $ 1.10/shr per month. So go about your business and make lots of money knowing we are making those kinds of gains. For those of you who trade or want to buy or sell stock now, follow the TA it is working perfectly here. Today you would buy near the $ 14.50's area, or a few pennies above that risking to $ 14.00/shr as your potential loss.

The stock doesn't want to turn bearish, it just wants to fill gaps in the pennant and move sideways for now. Within this week, that pennant will ressolve so you get ready for that move. Today we want to close inside the pennant, near the 50-dma ($ 14.76/shr) or above, that's it. We might regain all of our losses by the end of the day as well. Either way, it takes time for us to ressolve the pennant and rally from here. There is nothing bearish going on here, just pure trading inside the range.

So place a buy at $ 14.65 and a sell at $ 14.90 and walk away! That's what traders are doing today. GL
    Last edited by morganplus8; 04-03-13 at 11:12 AM.
    04-03-13 09:53 AM
    All the investors have to do is look at the list of trending threads on CB and they will short the stock.

I have never seen such b!tching and whining on a fan site. An awful lot of nebies posting negative bunk and lots of piling on.

Yes the Z10 has some issues (that BB are working on and are obvious short comings) but this is nuts IMO.

I am fine with bonifide critisim as it will help make a better product.
    Yep, and many of those complaining have under 5 posts (all ********). Its like they join this forum just to post crap. A few of them were already busted out for not even owning a Z10.
    04-03-13 09:57 AM
    I'm so tempted to play these dips and what not...JUST.CAN'T.DO.IT! Back to bed I go.
    04-03-13 10:01 AM
    I'm so tempted to play these dips and what not...JUST.CAN'T.DO.IT!
    If you want quick turn-around, you'd have to invest a lot of funds to make it worth your while. I don't see this going over $16 this week.
    04-03-13 10:03 AM
    I am back in 6000 shares at $14.76.

I missed the deepest dip as I had a meeting.
    04-03-13 10:03 AM
    [QUOTE=morganplus8;8252088]Sounds like some of you need some T&A here:

Oh, yes sir, yes sir....
    morganplus8 likes this.
    04-03-13 10:04 AM
    I am back in 6000 shares at $14.76.

I missed the deepest dip as I had a meeting.
    Ah, so that's what that spike was on NASDAQ!
    04-03-13 10:05 AM
    Yep, and many of those complaining have under 5 posts (all ********). Its like they join this forum just to post crap. A few of them were already busted out for not even owning a Z10.
    Yes and you know why? . . . . . . They are afwaid, very afwaid of BB.

lcjr and Shanerredflag like this.
    04-03-13 10:07 AM
    Thanks for the insight morgan. I'm learning a lot about TA from my own research of this stock, but it really takes a chart and deeper insight to validate my own assumptions/conclusions.

Were fairly low now, but holding above -(3%). This week has felt pretty quiet though, and I'm hoping/expecting we should see something soon, either a prominent upgrade, sales stats, updates/apps, or even a negative piece or discovery of a flaw.
    morganplus8 and bungaboy like this.
    04-03-13 10:11 AM
    Ah, so that's what that spike was on NASDAQ!
    It likely was. I wish I would have joined that spike at a little after 10!

Looks like we have bounced off the "floor" today and heading in the "good" direction!
    Last edited by greggebhardt; 04-03-13 at 10:24 AM.
    lcjr likes this.
    04-03-13 10:13 AM
    Morgan, I know news trumps all, but if the chart stays in tact where do you see us in Jan 2014?
    04-03-13 10:25 AM
    I was so close to selling at 14.65 and take a look we are at 14.95 this thing bounces around so much wow
    04-03-13 10:26 AM
    we are creeping up (actually looks more like a sprint at the moment) towards being green again!
    This is an interesting rally...
    Whenever greg buys lately we rally!
    04-03-13 10:28 AM
    So tell Greg to buy some more lol
    04-03-13 10:35 AM
    Whenever greg buys lately we rally!
    I wish that was so, but I have been pretty "lucky"
    04-03-13 10:35 AM
    The media is still so blatantly bias it's ridiculous. Apparently the share on bbm setting is now considered a dirty little glitch. Lol.

Research in Motion Ltd (BBRY) Has a XXX-Rated Sharing Secret

Research in Motion Ltd. (NASDAQ:BBRY) has been getting some positive reviews for its safety and security features in its BlackBerry 10 operating system and its flagship Z10 handset. But there seems to be a little issue with some privacy settings. After all, many things on your own smartphone are things you wouldn't like others to see - key business files, your personal contacts, your e-mail ... or even the latet YouTube video that is sweeping the nation. At least, you don't want to share it without you consciously deciding to do so.
    Read more at Research in Motion Ltd (BBRY) Has a XXX-Rated Sharing Secret - Insider Monkey

Read more at Research in Motion Ltd (BBRY) Has a XXX-Rated Sharing Secret - Insider Monkey

Research in Motion Ltd (BBRY) Has a XXX-Rated Sharing Secret - Insider Monkey
    bungaboy likes this.
    04-03-13 10:37 AM
    I have some Apr $15 Calls so I want this thing to rally, I also have a short term portfolio which I plan to withdraw end of April(damn 30 day holding period).

Playing short term and long term can be so frustrating with this stock. If I only had my long position, I would just sit back and chill!
    morganplus8 and bungaboy like this.
    04-03-13 10:40 AM
    Here comes the next dip hold on!!!!
    04-03-13 10:40 AM
113,256 ... 580581582583584 ...