View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Problem is I am the boss, losing money by spending time on here during the day means I need the stock to go up even further to make money lol..
    I've been wanting to test how much longer my battery will last if I didn't have this app open on my phone. (I think it will last 7.65456 times longer)
    But as we all know, I will never able to stay away for a day and test it out.
    So, for now, I will just stick to my assumption with the 7.65456 times number.
    Shanerredflag likes this.
    04-02-13 07:06 PM
    Not without major rebuilds. Could take years to catch up in terms of underlying functionality.
    you don't think that apple could easily have an all new iOS already being worked on that can provide multi-tasking? It could still be a ways out from now, but don't expect blackberry to be the only OS of it style for more than a few months before a chinese knockoff, and a few more months for other platforms to bring thier A-game

blackberry got stagnant, but that doesn't mean apple doesn't see a similar fate ahead of itself and is already in the works towards a new OS
    04-02-13 07:07 PM
    Am I the only one on here that wants the shares to fall so I can buy more? You guys should stop looking at the day to day quotes. Wait for headline news and do the opposite. If you need immediate income consider selling puts if your bullish on the stock pending good fundamentals. With the high volatility, time depreciation and float available for reinvestment, this strategy has proven well for us.

Powered by QNX
    CDM76 and Shanerredflag like this.
    04-02-13 07:12 PM
    I hope this week marks the end of the $14 SP levels for BBRY.
    I hope that hte trade off isn't lower options premiums.
    04-02-13 07:14 PM
    I've argued against this point before. I have my entire basket in BB.[/url]
    I think Charles Munger is the one that said something like this.

Most people try to find the next big thing every month. In reality, you are lucky to find one good investment in a years time. So wait and when you find that good investment, pounce.

I've gone from thinking I need 30 stocks to realizing that 5 is more than enough.
    04-02-13 07:19 PM
    Am I the only one on here that wants the shares to fall so I can buy more? You guys should stop looking at the day to day quotes. Wait for headline news and do the opposite. If you need immediate income consider selling puts if your bullish on the stock pending good fundamentals. With the high volatility, time depreciation and float available for reinvestment, this strategy has proven well for us.

Powered by QNX
    I jsut want BBRY to run to $40+. I'm sick of waiting.
    lcjr and s0be like this.
    04-02-13 07:29 PM

Powered by QNX
    I've thrown everything i am comfortable throwing at this stock so I am more than ready for it to not dip anymore and go vertical.
    lcjr and Markymark 23 like this.
    04-02-13 07:29 PM

Most people try to find the next big thing every month. In reality, you are lucky to find one good investment in a years time. So wait and when you find that good investment, pounce.

I've gone from thinking I need 30 stocks to realizing that 5 is more than enough.
    I used to have 4, but now I have only one.

Posted via CB10
    04-02-13 07:34 PM
    BlackBerry shoots for top spot in Thai market - The Nation

The company plans to provide new smart phones to cover all segments from entry level to the high end, with prices starting at Bt5,000. It will bring the BlackBerry Q10 and BB7 to the Thai market this year.

Backlash: BlackBerry Z10 lovers fight back on disputed million sales - Stabley Times
    04-02-13 07:39 PM
    That is the precise point of diversification. To limit your overall exposure and risk, breaking even is better than having all your stocks in the red.

Sometimes buying shares from many different companies can be a bad thing because despite the "safety" you also have a lesser chance of making more money. Of course there goes the saying high risk high reward, but say you had 10 stocks, half go up and half go down, you're still at even. Besides, unless you have a lot of money to play with, how many of shares of each different company can you really buy!
    04-02-13 08:56 PM
    you don't think that apple could easily have an all new iOS already being worked on that can provide multi-tasking? It could still be a ways out from now, but don't expect blackberry to be the only OS of it style for more than a few months before a chinese knockoff, and a few more months for other platforms to bring thier A-game

blackberry got stagnant, but that doesn't mean apple doesn't see a similar fate ahead of itself and is already in the works towards a new OS

I just read on Flipboard news that Apple has a new OS already in the works. Maybe AAPL shares could be a good buy again...nahhhh. lol
    04-02-13 09:07 PM
    Am I the only one on here that wants the shares to fall so I can buy more?

Powered by QNX
    Some on this thread have been here for quite some time. If we waited for everyone to jump on board the SP would never go up.
    04-02-13 09:50 PM
    Sometimes buying shares from many different companies can be a bad thing because despite the "safety" you also have a lesser chance of making more money. Of course there goes the saying high risk high reward, but say you had 10 stocks, half go up and half go down, you're still at even. Besides, unless you have a lot of money to play with, how many of shares of each different company can you really buy!
    04-02-13 09:52 PM
    Some on this thread have been here for quite some time. If we waited for everyone to jump on board the SP would never go up.
    How was your weekend?
    Are the girls doing good?
    Are you moving soon?
    I see the Easterbunny left you a gift on the stock market.
    AnimalPak200, lcjr, zyben and 1 others like this.
    04-02-13 09:55 PM
    How was your weekend?
    Are the girls doing good?
    Are you moving soon?
    I see the Easterbunny left you a gift on the stock market.
    Thanks my friend. The girls are doing fine and it was great seeing them again. Funny story, they tried to treat us to a dinner for a change and took us to a real nice place. When the check came their faces turned white as a ghost. It was over $300 all together so I reached over and took care of it. It was a nice thought though. LoL. Found a real nice house but in a new neighborhood with very small yards. Have to keep looking. Good to be back here on CB though with all you guys!
    DragonFlyer and bungaboy like this.
    04-02-13 10:02 PM
    Thanks my friend. The girls are doing fine and it was great seeing them again. Funny story, they tried to treat us to a dinner for a change and took us to a real nice place. Hen the check came their faces turned white as a ghost. It was over $300 all together so I reached over and took care of it. It was a nice bought though. LoL. Found a real nice house but in a new neighborhood with very small yards. Have to keep looking. Good to be back here on CB though with all you guys!
    That's good to hear. I don't like the new neighborhoods around here. The houses are nice,but if you go outside there is no room to stretch your arms. There is only room for one car in the driveways. My house is 130 years old. It was a money pit for the first five years after I bought it,but it was worth it. It sits on half an acre of land.
    lcjr and bungaboy like this.
    04-02-13 10:17 PM
    That's good to hear. I don't like the new neighborhoods around here. The houses are nice,but if you go outside there is no room to stretch your arms. There is only room for one car in the driveways. My house is 130 years old. It was a money pit for the first five years after I bought it,but it was worth it. It sits on half an acre of land.

Yep, seems like the new thing in Colorado Springs is builders buying up land, making a community filled with their beautiful new homes, but there is no room outside. Plus, with the Home Owners Association (HOA) you have to ask permission to do anything to your own house. You get some nice things, but not enough to make it worth while.
    DragonFlyer likes this.
    04-02-13 10:23 PM
    Honest question here... isn't it illegal to post erroneous information with the intent to harm share prices or to otherwise manipulate stock? If so, where are the monitors who should be catching these articles?
    Probably, but someone would have to prove that you "intentionally posted to mislead and misinform".
    E.g. If a friend told you something, and you decided to post about because you thought it was true. That is technically not illegal.

It's hard to prove that someone is "purposely" posting erroneous information because information such as speculation on product releases, or prices or stock, or sell through is all subjective. Unless of course the information directly conflicted with a company's official news release. But then you can argue it was a typo, or you had based a release on erroneously researched information.

It's really all a grey area.
    lcjr, Markymark 23 and bungaboy like this.
    04-02-13 10:39 PM

It goes against their whole "Keep it simple stupid" corporate ideology. Apple probably isn't going to come out with any complicated sort of multitasking OS. It's going to be the familiar "in and out" that most iOS users are used to.
    04-02-13 10:42 PM
    Yep, seems like the new thing in Colorado Springs is builders buying up land, making a community filled with their beautiful new homes, but there is no room outside. Plus, with the Home Owners Association (HOA) you have to ask permission to do anything to your own house. You get some nice things, but not enough to make it worth while.
    All great news for CFP.TO

Posted via CB10
    04-02-13 11:20 PM
    ...yes... economics 101
    04-02-13 11:36 PM

A new os may be coming from them, but then they will have a similar challenge to what BlackBerry has just gone through. That will have real challenges for them, especially if they are focused on it and have not started to write code for a new os.

Posted via CB10
    04-02-13 11:44 PM
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-sexy-black-lingerie-wallpapers_9212_1440x900.jpg

Hoping this gives the stock a rise tomorrow...
    04-03-13 12:08 AM

It depends which 5 you have...
    and if you are being very diligent about your holdings

Diversifying Your Portfolio
    04-03-13 02:16 AM
    GAS BUDDY now has their BB10 app available...

GasBuddy Mobile Applications
    04-03-13 02:18 AM
113,256 ... 577578579580581 ...