View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Good article on Qnx in Fortune this month...
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_00000198.jpg

Powered by QNX
    04-02-13 03:40 PM
    As do I. 10 inch would be too big but an 8 inch would work perfectly for both work and play. I want to be able to use email and apps to conduct all my business without needing binos or reading glasses that can see through buildings, so the 7 inch is too small really for me.
    Now there's a post just begging for a quick edit. But I couldn't.....well maybe just a bit. Oh nevermind. I'm sure you were talking about screen size.....right??
    Last edited by Markymark 23; 04-02-13 at 04:06 PM.
    lcjr, Bugmapper, peter9477 and 1 others like this.
    04-02-13 03:41 PM
    Good article on Qnx in Fortune this month...
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_00000198.jpg 
Views:	283 
Size:	32.4 KB 
ID:	146693

Powered by QNX
    Things like these make me believe the stock can go past $30!
    lcjr and bungaboy like this.
    04-02-13 03:45 PM
    Heh, make up your mind! If you want to get rid of day traders, this is exactly what you want. They have been feasting off of the 2-6% day-to-day swings.
    Yes I know they have, thusly I'm hoping, wishing, dreaming of.....a percent +/- per day. A gain per day of one-tenth of that is not quite what I had in mind.
    04-02-13 03:48 PM
    How has everyone been lately, I have been out with a stomach virus so I have not had the chance to really keep up to date, anyone want to give me a quick recap of the major talking points since Friday. I am aware of the recent upgrades by different groups but thats about it.
    lcjr likes this.
    04-02-13 03:56 PM
    Yes I know they have, thusly I'm hoping, wishing, dreaming of.....a percent +/- per day. A gain per day of one-tenth of that is not quite what I had in mind.
    You might as well wish for a unicorn.

I'm perfectly fine with the stock acting like this--marginally up/down throughout the day, mostly flat, with a few more up days than down days, until a catalyst provides it with some sort of reason to make a more significant move.
    04-02-13 03:57 PM
    it depends on your portfolio how you diversify, but it generallyu is the safest way to hedge your bets because you never know what will happen.

not long ago I invested 3000 in each of McDonalds, Intel, and Carnival Cruises on the basis that each is a blue chip, gives a dividend over 2%/year, and was in a recent slump. about 6mos later, I see MCD is up 15%, Intel by 4%, and CCL is down 12% (due to ship issues recently).

I could have put all 9000 into mcdonalds and be exhilaraed right now. or into carnival and be upset at the loss. But i did'nt. I diversified and as a result my overall portflio is positive, and if i wanted to i could sell MCD for profit to be used in another aquisition while the struggling CCL crawls back up to profitability.

if you dont diversify, expect to hit gold once maybe twice, then see the next big basket of eggs crash across the floor for a devestating loss of all you worked for.
    Hoenstly it is risk tolerance for everyone. For example, my risk tolerance would allow me at my age to not diversify much and be okay with daily swings. If you are investing more then you can lose then that is the issue in itself. What you choose to invest in is not. No one gets rich off the market by diversifying because the more you diversify the more you follow the market (aka 15-20% returns at high ends), the more risk you take in not diversifying the more opportunitiy for 50+% games. Risk Reward right.

75% of my portfolio rides in two stocks right now. TBE & TOU, (energy companies & and the rest is in two others WCP & KEY. I'm at a 200% Return on TOU and 33% return on TBE (not including dividend). I'm at a 15% gain on WCP and 12% gain on KEY. If I wasnt risk tolerant and split my risk amongst all 4 of these or maybe add in 5-6 more stocks. I wouldn't have earned the additional 121k from being heavily invested in TBE and TOU.

If you truly believe in something long term, and it is money that isn't going to put you on the streets and you are comfortable with your eggs in one basket. It isn't always a bad idea to do it. Just my 02 cents. Everyone has their own risk levels right and I mean i'm 25 so it's not like losing money now is going to be the end for me when I have nothing but potential for greater salary (not cause im a genius but just generally speaking with age and experience)
    cjcampbell and bungaboy like this.
    04-02-13 03:58 PM
    Things like these make me believe the stock can go past $30!
    This and making $100 per non-BB device per year on 35-50 percent of the corporate phone world that I'm hoping will adopt BES10.
    bungaboy likes this.
    04-02-13 04:06 PM
    You might as well wish for a unicorn.

I'm perfectly fine with the stock acting like this--marginally up/down throughout the day, mostly flat, with a few more up days than down days, until a catalyst provides it with some sort of reason to make a more significant move.
    Everyone has to remember that even if we gain only 1 dime per trading day on average that will mean the SP will surpass $40 in less than a year. If that does not meet your expectations then I suggest you either adjust your expectations or look elsewhere. I, for one, would be quite happy with a nickle or dime per day.
    04-02-13 04:10 PM
    Now there's a post just begging for a quick edit. But I couldn't.....well maybe just a bit. Oh nevermind. I'm sure you were talking about screen size.....right??
    I was actually thinking the same thing as I was writing it, but decided to anyway. lol
    Markymark 23 likes this.
    04-02-13 04:11 PM
    How has everyone been lately, I have been out with a stomach virus so I have not had the chance to really keep up to date, anyone want to give me a quick recap of the major talking points since Friday. I am aware of the recent upgrades by different groups but thats about it.
    I wish you a speedy recovery. Stomach viruses are no fun. I just returned today myself and much talk revolved around the continued beating/bashing of the BBRY stock, along with the possibilities of minimal but steady increases of the SP. There was more, but that's what I uncovered.
    bungaboy, zyben and MoolahMitch like this.
    04-02-13 04:15 PM
    I wish you a speedy recovery. Stomach viruses are no fun. I just returned today myself and much talk revolved around the continued beating/bashing of the BBRY stock, along with the possibilities of minimal but steady increases of the SP. There was more, but that's what I uncovered.
    Well thats enough for me, basically what I have been seeing.

The ER gave both sides ammunition so now we just have to await individual catalysts such as major app updates, the release of the Q10 or leaked numbers of sales from new launch regions. I am trying to think of other catalysts but none come to mind outside of those currently.

I am hoping for major enterprise purchases as time goes by with the amount of enterprises that are in the testing program for BES10, the major update coming with 10.1 and also the update to BES10 in May to allow it to run on only one server with all three components.

I see the Apple, Google and Nokia upcoming ER as negative catalysts also hopefully we can build up some strong resistance leading up to those.
    bungaboy and Shanerredflag like this.
    04-02-13 04:20 PM
    Well thats enough for me, basically what I have been seeing.

The ER gave both sides ammunition so now we just have to await individual catalysts such as major app updates, the release of the Q10 or leaked numbers of sales from new launch regions. I am trying to think of other catalysts but none come to mind outside of those currently.

I am hoping for major enterprise purchases as time goes by with the amount of enterprises that are in the testing program for BES10, the major update coming with 10.1 and also the update to BES10 in May to allow it to run on only one server with all three components.

I see the Apple, Google and Nokia upcoming ER as negative catalysts also hopefully we can build up some strong resistance leading up to those.

I don't know...I'm thinking AAPL is going to disappoint on their ER, which will be good for us.
    bungaboy likes this.
    04-02-13 04:29 PM
    A 75% BBRY rally may be on the cards
    Some interesting numbers / chart.

Trade Setup Research In Motion Ltd. Might Rally 75% | Investazor
    La Emperor, bungaboy and zyben like this.
    04-02-13 04:35 PM
    A 75% BBRY rally may be on the cards
    Some interesting numbers / chart.

Trade Setup Research In Motion Ltd. Might Rally 75% | Investazor
    Works for me!
    04-02-13 04:38 PM
    Rachelle Wilde's Blackberry 10 Preview - YouTube I think that is what Rachelle was referring to as well, 8" or 10" would be too big for her
    04-02-13 04:39 PM
    04-02-13 04:41 PM
    Not that it will do anything other than making me feel better, I went to the SEC's website and filled out an enquiry form. U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission | Homepage
    FYI. Don't think things will get any better. LoL

SEC says companies can tweet key information, post it on Facebook
    MICHAEL BABAD
    The Globe and Mail
    Published Tuesday, Apr. 02 2013, 4:08 PM EDT
    Last updated Tuesday, Apr. 02 2013, 4:49 PM EDT

SEC clears social media for announcements

Social media took something of a leap today as the Securities and Exchange Commission said companies can indeed use such avenues for corporate announcements.

The proviso is that investors have to be told in advance where the disclosure will be made.

The SEC said in a report that companies can use media such as Facebook and Twitter �to announce key information� and stay within the bounds of fair disclosure rules.

�The SEC�s report of investigation confirms that Regulation FD applies to social media and other emerging means of communication used by public companies the same way it applies to company websites,� the regulator said in a statement.

�The SEC issued guidance in 2008 clarifying that websites can serve as an effective means for disseminating information to investors if they�ve been aware that�s where to look for it,� it added.

�Today�s report clarifies that company communications made through social media channels could constitute selective disclosures and, therefore, require careful Regulation FD analysis.�

The SEC�s rule of thumb is that some shareholders can�t get �a jump� on others via selective disclosure of material information. Traditionally, companies announce major developments through news releases and on their websites.

What the SEC is saying is that Facebook and Twitter are fine as long as everyone knows that�s where it�s going to be. If investors aren�t told in advance, it�s not likely to fly.

�Most social media are perfectly suitable methods for communicating with investors, but not if the access is restricted or if investors don�t know that�s where they need to turn to get the latest news,� said George Canellos, acting director of the group�s enforcement unit.

This was sparked by the CEO of Netflix, Reed Hastings, using his own Facebook page to announce in mid-2012 that views had topped one billion hours a month for the first time. The information was not disclosed elsewhere.

�Neither Hastings nor Netflix had previously used his Facebook page to announce company metrics, and they had never before taken steps to alert investors that Hastings� personal Facebook page might be used as a medium for communicating information about Netflix,� the SEC said.

�Netflix�s stock price had begun rising before the posting, and increased from $70.45 at the time of the Facebook post to $81.72 at the close of the following trading day,� it added.

�The SEC did not initiate an enforcement action or allege wrongdoing by Hastings or Netflix. Recognizing that there has been market uncertainty about the application of Regulation FD to social media, the SEC issued the report of investigation pursuant to Section 21(a) of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934.�

Read the report

http://www.sec.gov/litigation/investreport/34-69279.pdf
    04-02-13 04:46 PM
    I don't know...I'm thinking AAPL is going to disappoint on their ER, which will be good for us.
    I will never underestimate this company, they make great products and they have made a ton of money doing so. They can announce dividend payments that could send their stock rocketing again as well as surprising sales numbers since people have lost faith in them recently. Its easier to beat expectations when they are lowered and if anyone is capable of beating lowered expectations its Apple, however, I am hoping for they dont since I no longer hold a position in them
    bungaboy likes this.
    04-02-13 04:46 PM
    Oh man, these guys should be flogged. First they attempt to derail the BB train, then try to jump on board after they were proven wrong. "Fools" is the right terminology.
    bungaboy and Markymark 23 like this.
    04-02-13 04:48 PM
    I will never underestimate this company, they make great products and they have made a ton of money doing so. They can announce dividend payments that could send their stock rocketing again as well as surprising sales numbers since people have lost faith in them recently. Its easier to beat expectations when they are lowered and if anyone is capable of beating lowered expectations its Apple, however, I am hoping for they dont since I no longer hold a position in them
    I agree but I think the only thing that may help them with this Er, as far as SP, will be a hefty dividend hike.
    04-02-13 04:55 PM
    Rachelle Wilde's Blackberry 10 Preview - YouTube I think that is what Rachelle was referring to as well, 8" or 10" would be too big for her
    In this case, I think 9 inche might be a perfect size.
    lcjr, bungaboy and Markymark 23 like this.
    04-02-13 04:58 PM
    Jesus, looks like we're losing in the aftermarket...I hope that we don't fall into $14 territory anymore...
    04-02-13 05:05 PM
    As do I. 10 inch would be too big but an 8 inch would work perfectly for both work and play, so the 7 inch is too small really for me.
    That's what she said..

Posted via Z10
    erodenero likes this.
    04-02-13 05:21 PM
    Jesus, looks like we're losing in the aftermarket...I hope that we don't fall into $14 territory anymore...
    Really.... I hope you are being sarcastic. .23% on very little volume is nothing to be concerned about.
    04-02-13 05:23 PM
113,256 ... 575576577578579 ...