View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Honest question here... isn't it illegal to post erroneous information with the intent to harm share prices or to otherwise manipulate stock? If so, where are the monitors who should be catching these articles?
    You have to prove intent...one could argue, if pursued, that they are simply sharing their perspectives...regardless of how pathetic those may seem.
    04-02-13 02:02 PM
    Honest question here... isn't it illegal to post erroneous information with the intent to harm share prices or to otherwise manipulate stock? If so, where are the monitors who should be catching these articles?
    I think your question contains your answer: "intent".

It's easy to find trash articles that are clearly written in a way that will manipulate the stock.

Proving intent is the hard part. And if the analyst doesn't profit directly from the manipulation, it's probably next to impossible to prove.
    04-02-13 02:03 PM
    In bed with these scammers.
    lcjr and bungaboy like this.
    04-02-13 02:03 PM
    04-02-13 02:07 PM
    what do you make of it, shanerredflag?
    Hi...sorry. work getting in the way here...as of right now we are. 014 positive so we should be good for a buying run...TSX BB...RSI is 53.63 so it's fine for buying too.

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy likes this.
    04-02-13 02:07 PM
    The kinds of things that I am amazed aren't tackled are the actions of some television networks with their so called "debates" that really only have one argument...hence no debate but instead bashing. The objective seems to be quite clear.
    Kid Vibe likes this.
    04-02-13 02:12 PM
    this is the stock market, you are on your own..................there are monitors? come on wakey, wakey.....
    04-02-13 02:13 PM
    The kinds of things that I am amazed aren't tackled are the actions of some television networks with their so called "debates" that really only have one argument...hence no debate but instead bashing. The objective seems to be quite clear.
    are you kidding? you want to censor tv?
    04-02-13 02:14 PM
    my chart shows MACD as negative .020

not hugely negative, but once negative, usually becomes more negative, with the stock price following.
    this combined with low volume today has me worried that a bear run may be around the corner.

anyone else have thoughts on the MACD?
    04-02-13 02:16 PM
    this is the stock market, you are on your own..................there are monitors? come on wakey, wakey.....
    Wakey, wakey? I was getting at where is the Securities and Exchange Commission, responsible for such oversight. They bust manipulative activity but have been vacant on BBRY. Here's what they uncovered recently: David Levy And Donna Levy Found Guilty In Manhattan Federal Court Of Orchestrating ?Pump And Dump? Stock Fraud Schemes
    bungaboy, morganplus8 and zyben like this.
    04-02-13 02:24 PM
    It's entertainment. Anyone who gets their investment advice from Cramer or Joe Kernan deserves what they get. It's mostly opinion and that's it. I rarely see anyone actually lying. Misinformed, foolish, laughable, but that's it. Remember this on Wall St., for every seller, there was a buyer, if everyone agreed on everything, there would be no market. I seriously doubt CNBC has an agenda to push or support certain stocks. What they have is people with opinions, right and wrong. When they are wrong, WE can make some $$$.
    04-02-13 02:24 PM
    Wakey, wakey? I was getting at where is the Securities and Exchange Commission, responsible for such oversight. They bust manipulative activity but have been vacant on BBRY. Here's what they uncovered recently: David Levy And Donna Levy Found Guilty In Manhattan Federal Court Of Orchestrating ?Pump And Dump? Stock Fraud Schemes
    I personally don't think BBRY is being illegally manipulated,its just the market action. The bigger issue now is the day traders. They are the real ones screwing the long term holders and churning and moving the shares and shorting it day by day. They are looking for small swings to trade and BBRY is a dream for them. It becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy and cycle, UNTIL IT ISN'T and then (hopefullly) they get creamed.
    04-02-13 02:28 PM
    are you kidding? you want to censor tv?
    No...what I am saying is that this kind of stock manipulation is no clearer than the repeated, one-sided attacks by some networks. To investigate these activities for illegal intent is in no way an infringement on anyone's rights and freedoms but instead up holding the laws.

Your implication that such enforcement somehow stifles freedom is absurd.
    04-02-13 02:28 PM
    Not that it will do anything other than making me feel better, I went to the SEC's website and filled out an enquiry form. U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission | Homepage
    04-02-13 02:33 PM
    once in a blue moon they catch somebody really inept like Martha Stewart, you can safely forget about them....
    04-02-13 02:33 PM
    No...what I am saying is that this kind of stock manipulation is no clearer than the repeated, one-sided attacks by some networks. To investigate these activities for illegal intent is in no way an infringement on anyone's rights and freedoms but instead up holding the laws.

Your implication that such enforcement somehow stifles freedom is absurd.
    of course that stifles freedom, are you kidding, anyways, never gonna happen
    04-02-13 02:34 PM
    It's entertainment. Anyone who gets their investment advice from Cramer or Joe Kernan deserves what they get. It's mostly opinion and that's it. I rarely see anyone actually lying. Misinformed, foolish, laughable, but that's it. Remember this on Wall St., for every seller, there was a buyer, if everyone agreed on everything, there would be no market. I seriously doubt CNBC has an agenda to push or support certain stocks. What they have is people with opinions, right and wrong. When they are wrong, WE can make some $$$.

Research is the only way to responsibly invest, without a doubt. However, I would argue that it is far from the norm for the majority of "investors". Joe/Jill public are fairly dim witted neanderthals that lap up this drivel, hence their popularity and therfore influence.
    bungaboy likes this.
    04-02-13 02:36 PM
    I am sure that some of these so called ANALysts are writing their pieces from a sanitarium...or prison. Lol
    ANALcysts!

I'm tone deaf to them now. Like water off a duck's back. Long and strong.
    Acumenight likes this.
    04-02-13 02:36 PM
    of course that stifles freedom, are you kidding, anyways, never gonna happen
    Lol...I certainly agree that it will never happen. It is what it is, warts and all.
    04-02-13 02:38 PM
    MACD is slightly red...sorry, working off the phone is not ideal lol...sorry about that. It's only one of many indicators...not to worry.

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy likes this.
    04-02-13 02:40 PM
    once in a blue moon they catch somebody really inept like Martha Stewart, you can safely forget about them....
    Exactly...get the odd moron that is so blatantly in the wrong that Helen Keller would've found them out. Keeps the masses convinced anyway...lol
    bungaboy and zyben like this.
    04-02-13 02:41 PM
    Although I don't agree with the $5 price target, I believe his concerns are legit. Losing BB's cash cow from BIS subscription is hard to replace by just selling hardware alone. BBRY is no Samsung or have the $$$$ of Apple to keep producing and selling a multitude of hardware and parts.

Once BES10 gets traction with big corporations on board, ( see Misek's example ) then they'll change their minds. I think that's the rev mixture most analysts want. Remember BES10 just got rolled out recently, in the UK. I think the US will follow soon.

Adnaan is a show me the money guy.

StreetInsider.com - BlackBerry (BBRY) Has a Snowball's Chance in **** - Berenberg

Issues a sell rating with a PT of $5.

Wow...BlackBerry has $5 in cash per share. He is also completely wrong on Z10 margins...(25-30% for Z10). How this stuff gets published is beyond me!
    04-02-13 02:47 PM
    Can't wait until next ER lol.
    04-02-13 02:48 PM
    Closing just barely in the red today...
    04-02-13 02:49 PM
    Research is the only way to responsibly invest, without a doubt. However, I would argue that it is far from the norm for the majority of "investors". Joe/Jill public are fairly dim witted neanderthals that lap up this drivel, hence their popularity and therfore influence.
    Honestly, then they get what they deserve. That may sound harsh, but I don't think we can protect people from themselves. If you look at Cramer yelling and screaming and hitting buttons for sound effects and then still follow what he tells you with your hard earned money then Darwin says you should be done.... Just kidding, sort of....
    joe.miller likes this.
    04-02-13 02:50 PM
113,256 ... 573574575576577 ...