427 37.82%
    Pretty low volume though...
    04-02-13 08:52 AM
    lower highs each time.
    no news to push it over the hump.
    lower volume.
    not good.
    04-02-13 09:03 AM
    The problem with this type of scam is that BlackBerry is not immune to it. People haven't realized it yet is all.

It would be trivial to create such an app for the BlackBerry platform - even disguise it as a useful utility that doesn't drop its payload until certain conditions are met in order to make it past what little app screening is being done by BlackBerry. (and if you look at the new arrivals section, you will see that very little screening indeed is done)

Posted via CB10
    The difference is that on BB10, you get the full permission options which you can choose to give to the app, while on Android you cannot. Further, some Android apps currently on BB World require full access and do not ask you to choose. Security like that to me is very important.
    bungaboy and Shanerredflag like this.
    04-02-13 09:03 AM
    The problem with this type of scam is that BlackBerry is not immune to it. People haven't realized it yet is all.

It would be trivial to create such an app for the BlackBerry platform - even disguise it as a useful utility that doesn't drop its payload until certain conditions are met in order to make it past what little app screening is being done by BlackBerry. (and if you look at the new arrivals section, you will see that very little screening indeed is done)

Posted via CB10
    Yep Google has the Explorer problem, so widely used that it will be the first target for all sorts of attacks. If BB10 is as successful as many hope, and APPS come in large volume and quickly, we can expect attacks to come our way as well. User error and stupidity opens the door to all sorts of attacks that can be made on any platform. As they say, You can't fix stupid.

BBRY seems to be holding up well. Hopefully a period of consolidation before another leg up. I am still not in. Every time I look at the 3 month chart I see a very solid release and a very good ER yet we still aren't above 17 again. What will take it higher if those 2 events didn't? That is what is keeping me out. For now...
    04-02-13 09:05 AM
    went red on the TSX.
    knew it.
    04-02-13 09:10 AM
    The morning dip has come a littler earlier today....
    04-02-13 09:11 AM
    The update was a little strange only 6mb same number as the previous one but when you go into your contacts to edit it gives you the option now to add Skype to your instant messaging field
    Except that option was already present before the update, as far as I recall.

Even on my Dev Alpha A, in the Contacts app I can choose from Windows Live Messenger, Skype, and others, and that's with a firmware update from weeks ago.
    bungaboy likes this.
    04-02-13 09:11 AM
    Sigh... silly patent trolls, will they never quit?

e.Digital Files Patent Infringement Lawsuits Against Motorola, Apple, RIM, Huawei, ZTE and Others

No doubt, in spite of real news and real upgrades lately, this will be jumped upon and contribute to a drop today. :-(
    bungaboy likes this.
    04-02-13 09:15 AM
    lower highs each time.
    no news to push it over the hump.
    lower volume.
    not good.
    9.7 million shares in 47minutes is on pace for 80 million shares traded for the day.

That is not low volume.
    bungaboy likes this.
    04-02-13 09:20 AM
    9.7 million shares in 47minutes is on pace for 80 million shares traded for the day.

That is not low volume.
    Thats not really how the trading of BBRY tends to work. High volume in the morning which trails off into lower volume in the afternoon, barring sudden increases due to news or bull/bear action.
    04-02-13 09:25 AM
    Media will be pushing hard that BB lost market share in some countries, notably the UK. That will keep the stock in this range until the Q10 is released IMO. The shorts won't go down without a BIG fight.
    bungaboy and StormieTwo like this.
    04-02-13 09:32 AM
    Thats not really how the trading of BBRY tends to work. High volume in the morning which trails off into lower volume in the afternoon, barring sudden increases due to news or bull/bear action.
    Which is still going to be more volume by lunchtime than virtually every other company on the exchange will trade all day.

"went red on TSX"
    "not good"

Back up from the ledge. It's not going to go up every day.
    Last edited by joe.miller; 04-02-13 at 09:36 AM. Reason: I accidentally a couple words.
    bungaboy likes this.
    04-02-13 09:35 AM
    It is ridiculous. This thing is continually manipulated and held down. I was hoping the media would let go after a few days following the ER, but this may take a bit longer.
    bungaboy likes this.
    04-02-13 09:37 AM
    It is ridiculous. This thing is continually manipulated and held down. I was hoping the media would let go after a few days following the ER, but this may take a bit longer.
    It's going to take until AT LEAST the next ER and more than likely, the one after that.
    StormieTwo likes this.
    04-02-13 09:40 AM
    Me too, for the first time, the news was flooded with positives yesterday... Today, they are going to use what they can to bring it down. No point in watching the stock for now IMO, just wait until they announce the Q10.
    04-02-13 09:41 AM
    Everytime I buy, it goes down. I purchased some options today at 9:50 AM and it went in red. My options are already down 12%

But they'll come back up soon enough. Next week, if not this week. Q10 is going to be announced in couple of weeks and it'd be released before the end of the month in Canada and possibly the UK (most likely Apr 29th as that's last Monday of the month). Stock should light up then.
    bungaboy likes this.
    04-02-13 09:47 AM
    Everytime I buy, it goes down. I purchased some options today at 9:50 AM and it went in red. My options are already down 12%

But they'll come back up soon enough. Next week, if not this week. Q10 is going to be announced in couple of weeks and it'd be released before the end of the month in Canada and possibly the UK (most likely Apr 29th as that's last Monday of the month). Stock should light up then.
    Don't ever buy anything from market open, look at the charts dating back months and you will notice a dip more often than none occurs within the first hour of trading. If im day trading I don't buy until around 10:30
    04-02-13 09:52 AM
    that didn't slide down as far as i anticipated.
    on tsx, says 'below average' volume. that doesn't normally equate to a new HOD, so i figure the HOD may have come and gone. but the LOD may have also come and gone.
    04-02-13 09:54 AM
    Holding steady...seems a nice foundation underneath.
    04-02-13 09:54 AM
    Don't ever buy anything from market open, look at the charts dating back months and you will notice a dip more often than none occurs within the first hour of trading. If im day trading I don't buy until around 10:30
    This and often I have went between 10 and 20 cents below the morning dip. It doesn't always trigger a buy, but there'll
    always be another set up.
    bungaboy likes this.
    04-02-13 09:56 AM
    I know, I know. I have read about 10:30 am dip so much here. But, what can I say, I am stupid, restless, impatient. I've made this stupid mistake many times.

Here is what happens: I transfer money to my trading account. It usually takes 2 business days for money to show up in my trading account. But in those 2 days, stock price goes up. For eg: it went up almost 5% yesterday (and I had initiated money transfer on Thursday night).

So, when money finally shows-up, I can't control myself and I buy as soon as the market opens (because, remember, according to me, I already lost on lower price which was prevailing when I had initiated money transfer). lol. I just can't wait until 10:30. I get this feeling that we might see a short squeeze in next hour. So, I buy AS SOON AS money is in my account and the exchange is ready to take my money!
    Last edited by chrysaurora; 04-02-13 at 10:19 AM.
    04-02-13 10:00 AM
    Such is the nature of options, you should have seen the bloodbath that was launch when it went from 18 to 13, that was a virtual 100% loss.

Definitely not for the weak of heart.

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy likes this.
    04-02-13 10:01 AM
    I know, I know. I have read about 10:30 am dip so much here. But, what can I say, I am stupid, restless, impatient. I've made this stupid mistake many times.

Here is what happens: I transfer money to my trading account. It usually takes 2 business days for money to show up in my trading account. But in those 2 days, stock price goes up. For eg: it went up almost 5% yesterday (and I imitated money transfer on Thursday night).

So, when money finally shows-up, I can't control myself and I buy as soon as the market opens (because, remember, according to me, I already lost on lower price which was prevailing when I had initiated money transfer). lol. I just can't wait until 10:30. I get this feeling that we might see a short squeeze in next hour. So, I buy AS SOON AS money is in my account and the exchange is ready to take my money!
    LoL, I believe that you could classify this as emotional investing. Its hard not to do it to be honest, same thing happens to me with the money transfers it takes a day so I jump on market opening share price as soon as the money is available. Its not a good plan though, I need to be a little more level headed when rebuying.
    04-02-13 10:02 AM
    Such is the nature of options, you should have seen the bloodbath that was launch when it went from 18 to 13, that was a virtual 100% loss.

Definitely not for the weak of heart.

Posted via CB10
    Oh yeah, I didn't miss that blood bath either because some of the blood that was spilled was MINE! My options lost close to 90% in 2 days. lol. They are not back-even yet. It has to get to $18ish for them to come back to even.
    04-02-13 10:04 AM
    What do you guys think I have some April 20th Contracts at 16 bucks. Sell now at cut losses or go all in and hope something big changes in the next 19 days lol

(It's like 1% of my portfolio so it's sell now and play craps to try and earn the money back lol or lose it all on red or lose it all on underwater options that might expire worthless)
    04-02-13 10:06 AM
113,256 ... 569570571572573 ...