View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    What's the difference
    Mine is now just "preparing" to download but the initial description said it has some battery improvements and 3rd party app provisions.
    04-01-13 03:56 PM
    Oh Lord It's Hard to Be Humble . . . . .

Apple bows to pressure, apologizes in China
    Tim Bradshaw
    San Francisco — Financial Times
    Published Monday, Apr. 01 2013, 12:52 PM EDT
    Last updated Monday, Apr. 01 2013, 1:14 PM EDT

Apple has given in to intense pressure from the Chinese state media about its customer service and apologized to consumers in its second-largest market.

In a notice posted to its Chinese homepage on Monday, Tim Cook, chief executive, admitted that a lack of external communication had led to a perception that Apple was "arrogant" and did not value consumer feedback. He made "sincere apologies" for these "misunderstandings" and stressed Apple’s "immense respect" for China.
    Shanerredflag and cjcampbell like this.
    04-01-13 03:58 PM
    Says battery upgrades and third party app support...

Posted via CB10
    04-01-13 04:01 PM
    I reckon some big name app coming on Wednesday as part of BBRY's "App Wednesday" and if it is Skype, I expect shareholders to like that piece of news
    bluetroll likes this.
    04-01-13 04:02 PM
    I reckon some big name app coming on Wednesday as part of BBRY's "App Wednesday" and if it is Skype, I expect shareholders to like that piece of news
    are they doing a new app EVERY wednesday?
    04-01-13 04:03 PM
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_00000305.png

This is what the update was about.
    I didn't read the agreement though.
    04-01-13 04:07 PM
    I think so..
    erodenero likes this.
    04-01-13 04:20 PM
    These guys are grasping here:

Analysts at Nomura Equity Research expect Research In Motion Ltd (NASDAQ:BBRY) (TSE:BB) or Blackberry to post solid growth within the next two to three quarters in terms of revenue, units and gross profits, and the stock price of the company’s performance would be in line with the market.

blackberry logo

Analysts Stuart Jeffrey and Woo Jin Hoo believe that the strong sequential trends for the Canadian smartphone manufacturer in the first quarter to the third quarter of the current fiscal year is driven by its broadening distribution, the launching of the Blackberry 10, and the possibility of upgrade cycle among loyal Blackberry fans both enterprises and consumers. Jeffrey and Woo expect the momentum of Research In Motion Ltd (NASDAQ:BBRY) (TSE:BB) to “more than offset the more than linear headwinds” they observe in services revenue.

The analysts also suggested that the Canadian smartphone manufacturer to experience slow growth in the latter part of FY2014 and early months of FY2015 due citing that Blackberry lacks scale and skill sets necessary to profitability and differentiate in hardware and in applications and cloud services. According to them, Research In Motion Ltd (NASDAQ:BBRY) (TSE:BB) is expected to struggle with hardware profitability and lose its paying subscribers.

In a note to investors, Jeffrey and Hoo wrote, “We do not expect Blackberry to sustain more than low single-digit margins longer-term, and the share price is currently assuming high, single-digit margins. We believe that this view will likely prevail once/ if sequential growth starts to stagnate. We believe that this stagnation will is likely either late in FY14 or in early FY15.”

The analysts also stated that the stock price of Research In Motion Ltd (NASDAQ:BBRY) (TSE:BB) is overvalued and they believe that near-term momentum will drive the shares of the company to a fair value.

Jeffrey and Hoo said, “Given the challenges of calling near-term numbers, we believe that investors should wait and potentially cut exposures late in the year, especially if an enterprise replacement cycle has kicked in, a cycle that could signal the peak of the short-term upturn.”

The analysts maintained their neutral rating for the shares of Research In Motion Ltd (NASDAQ:BBRY) (TSE:BB) and $10 per share price target. According to them, the long-term challenges for the Canadian smartphone manufacturer are still the same despite the improvement of its near-term profitability and sequential revenue growth. They estimated that the company’s revenue and EBIT margin will increase by 17 percent and 2 percent in FY14, respectively.
    I can ensure you that these two guys, Jeffrey and Hoo are paid directly by the major short sellers.
    The tactics they are using is very old BS, i.e., raising every financial matrix, such as earning, margin, revenue for the coming year but keep or lower the previous targeted price. At the end, they throw the sentence such as such great performance is only for short term but long term it is still demised.

If anyone listens them for such BS, then better have your brain examined.
    Last edited by bigbbrybeliever; 04-01-13 at 06:27 PM.
    04-01-13 04:25 PM
    I can ensure you that these two guys, Jeffrey and Hoo are paid directly by the major short sellers.
    The tactics they are using is very old BS, i.e., raising every financial matrix, such as earning, margin, revenue for the coming year but keep or lower the previous targeted price. At the end, they throw the sentence such as such great performance is only for short tern but long term it is still demised.

If anyone listens them for such BS, then better have your brain examined.

This kind of shat won't hurt...I believe that BBRY has firmed up a little from the latest ER.
    04-01-13 04:36 PM
    This kind of shat won't hurt...I believe that BBRY has firmed up a little from the latest ER.
    not to mention the slew of upgrades
    bungaboy likes this.
    04-01-13 04:37 PM
    not to mention the slew of upgrades
    Darn tootin
    erodenero, cjcampbell and bungaboy like this.
    04-01-13 04:38 PM
    I'm more and more convinced that good news is meaningless to BBRY stock. It goes up for no reason and down for no reason.
    fedakd likes this.
    04-01-13 04:46 PM
    I asked the Magic 8 Ball if BBRY would reach at least $50 per share within the following year and the response was YES.

04-01-13 04:51 PM
    I'm more and more convinced that good news is meaningless to BBRY stock. It goes up for no reason and down for no reason.
    It has been quite volatile but hopefully that is beginning to ease some now.
    04-01-13 04:52 PM
    eventually, all the shorts will need to cover... and there's a lot of them.

it's only a matter of time.

With the number of upgrades today, it's safe to say that perception is changing for the better for BB and BBRY.

As long as BB plans out their press releases and publicity to keep the wheels rollin, investors will be happy.

BlackBerry is Back!
    04-01-13 05:12 PM
    Would have thought we'd see more out of BBRY today with 4 analyst upgrades, and Cormark Securities making it a "Top pick".

It has been quite volatile but hopefully that is beginning to ease some now.
    04-01-13 05:15 PM
    Would have thought we'd see more out of BBRY today with 4 analyst upgrades, and Cormark Securities making it a "Top pick".
    Slow motion is perfect. Until the squeeze...

Posted via CB10
    nquyen likes this.
    04-01-13 05:21 PM
    BNN market call has this fellow on taking calls. He is saying BlackBerrys a real risk at this point...this is the BS we have to get past...couple more quarters should solve that problem.

Posted via CB10
    m0de25 likes this.
    04-01-13 05:22 PM
    Still seems to be holding nicely in the AM. Even with the upgrades today, there are still many more that are bearish and have a sell or hold status on BBRY. Don't expect a super jump up. What happened today is perfectly fine with me. High volume, a solid push, bounced off the lows, and stayed in a pretty consistent holding pattern for the better part of the day (consistent for this stock anyway... only 25 cent swings. Super small these days). This proves there is interest at these levels, not simply pump and dump action. It gives me more confidence for the coming weeks up until the Q10 get's announced and shipped. That's when I expect a spike up with a pull back to yet higher lows of around $16.
    bungaboy, Shanerredflag and dusdal like this.
    04-01-13 05:32 PM
    They are highlighting new apps that have launched in the past week, every Wednesday.
    Meaning it is a summary of apps that have launched. These are not only BlackBerry apps, but any apps in general.
    04-01-13 05:46 PM
    Still seems to be holding nicely in the AM. Even with the upgrades today, there are still many more that are bearish and have a sell or hold status on BBRY. Don't expect a super jump up. What happened today is perfectly fine with me. High volume, a solid push, bounced off the lows, and stayed in a pretty consistent holding pattern for the better part of the day (consistent for this stock anyway... only 25 cent swings. Super small these days). This proves there is interest at these levels, not simply pump and dump action. It gives me more confidence for the coming weeks up until the Q10 get's announced and shipped. That's when I expect a spike up with a pull back to yet higher lows of around $16.

This is just the beginning...lots of fireworks yet.
    04-01-13 05:53 PM
    They are highlighting new apps that have launched in the past week, every Wednesday.
    Meaning it is a summary of apps that have launched. These are not only BlackBerry apps, but any apps in general.
    When you say not only blackberry apps, are you referring to other OSes?
    04-01-13 05:58 PM
    not much content here, but I loved the title:

So Long, Nokia & Windows: 'Given Up for Dead' BlackBerry Poised to Take Surprising 3rd Place

19 minutes agoBy Arselia Gales0 Comments

Posted in News, Blackberry, Wireless, Mobile Devices, Smartphones, Financial

**Editor's Note: Click here for our list of February's hottest selling smartphones to see the BlackBerry Z10's competition.**

The stronger-than-expected numbers BlackBerry reported at the end of last week are enough to boost the confidence of at least a handful of industry insiders.

The Canada-based smartphone maker made a $98 million profit and sold 1 million Z10 handsets in its fiscal fourth quarter, which ended on March 2. The Z10 debuted in parts of Canada and Europe in February. The phone, the first based on the new BB10 operating system, just launched in the U.S. a week ago.

In all, BlackBerry sold 6 million smartphones and 370,000 PlayBook tablets in its fourth quarter. It was just a year ago that BlackBerry – which officially changed its name from Research In Motion to its well-known brand earlier this year – reported a loss of $125 million.

“Now, 1 million Z10 sales is only about 2 percent of quarterly iPhone sales, but it’s a huge step up for a company many have given up for dead, and to make a profit in the process just shows that the company has far more strength than most people think," noted Carl Howe, Yankee Group VP of research, commenting specifically on a CNET article.

Howe also noted that there are three groups of natural buyers for BlackBerry 10 devices: dyed-in-the-wool BlackBerry fans, feature phone upgraders and businesses with BlackBerry Enterprise Server (BES) infrastructures.

"We see BlackBerry surprising everyone and becoming the third big smartphone ecosystem, moving ahead of Windows mobile because of these natural buying segments. Today's good earnings announcement just reinforces that view," Howe said.

In the smartphone segment, Samsung and Apple are far and away the top two manufacturers in terms of sales. In operating systems, it's Google's Android and Apple's iOS in the top spots. But the fight for third position in both seems to wide open – something BlackBerry hopes to take advantage of. Right now, Nokia and its Lumia smartphones, and Microsoft's Windows Phone operating system, appear to be its closest rivals.
    04-01-13 05:59 PM
    https://www.facebook.com/kim.choi.146 is looking for your input. Please go to her (or his) page and drop a comment or two.

Kim Choi � Top Commenter � University of Ottawa

Heck, Research In Motion (BBRY) has seen decreasing earnings and revenue growth rates over the last four quarters with two recent consecutive quarters of huge loss in subscribers but yet the stock had risen double during the same period. Rationally speaking the rise in stock price was attributed to betting on a huge success in launching the Blackberry z10 which absolutely has not happened, the sales of Blackberry z10 is a big disappointment. It takes a little time for this big disappointment in Blackberry to sink in so that the big institutional investors can quietly unload their BBRY stock, but the floor under BBRY is about to collapse anytime now despite a small collective of paid analysts upgrading the BBRY stock to hold the current stock price level. The sky is not going to fall on BBRY investors and traders, the floor is, and there are a lot of BBRY investors and traders who long BBRY who are going to be crushed.
    bungaboy and Shanerredflag like this.
    04-01-13 06:27 PM
    Have to LOL at all the windows phone sites out there trumpeting that the Z10 didn't make a dent in the latest figures from KANTAR which showns windows phone in 3rd spot for the three months ending February. They don't seem to realize that the results only include February in their 'last three months' survey, and that the Z10 was hardly available for that time period. I also have never seen a WP8 in the wild, not even once.
    04-01-13 06:31 PM
113,256 ... 564565566567568 ...