View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    I hope it holds gains in the after hours.
    helopilot06 and bungaboy like this.
    04-01-13 02:40 PM
    SuperflyFR, this posts for you.
    This thread was created by SuperflyFR back in November of 2011. For a thread to still have a pulse after 17 months is a testament onto itself. Not only has this thread survived, it has exploded. This past month has seen more posts than the previous 16 months combined.
    I give this post a rating of outperform.

Attachment 146039

I'm sure everyone here would be pleased if Morgan could give us his TA on this chart.
    This one is nice, what a performer !!!
    Guys, I'm glad this became a sweet place for all of you; previous months were flooded by me and some historical StockBerrians, now the troups are legion, news everywhere and expectations at their highest. That your chart describes most !

Thank you for this, Dragon !
    Congrats all, StockBerrians !
    04-01-13 02:42 PM
    Oh, the market is open and green ! Cool
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-capture.jpg
    M.L
    04-01-13 02:48 PM
    Going to rally into the close...
    erodenero likes this.
    04-01-13 02:51 PM
    First time in a long time where the stock is closing near the HOD. Nice!
    bungaboy likes this.
    04-01-13 02:52 PM
    bb: 15.40
    Thumbs up
    04-01-13 02:55 PM
    bb: 15.40
    Thumbs up
    C'mon baby!
    04-01-13 02:55 PM
    Smartphone Madness 2013: Google Nexus 4 vs. BlackBerry Z10

I think the final showdown will be between the Z10 and Nokia Lumia 920. I know lot Nokia fanboys are gearing up to win this match.
    Just for fun, let us join the fighting. :-)
    04-01-13 02:56 PM
    15.12 nasdaq

15.35 tsx

bungaboy and Shanerredflag like this.
    04-01-13 03:00 PM
    Cormark upgrades BlackBerry to Top Pick, says performance "remarkable"

Cormark analyst Richard Tse said the long weekend provided him a little extra time to review BlackBerry’s Q4 and fiscal 2013 results, which were released last Thursday.

Tse says he came away from the extended review with more confidence in the Canadian smartphone maker, and this morning upgraded the stock to “Top Pick” rating. The Cormark analyst has a $20 one-year target price on BlackBerry.

Tse says BlackBerry’s Q4, in which it reported operating EPS of $0.22 on revenue of $2.7-billion, provided continued evidence that the company’s new management team is more than up to the task of successfully transitioning BlackBerry to its new platform.

“In our view, given the hyper competitive market and major internal product transition, we believe the results of the past two quarters have been nothing short of remarkable,” said Tse. “Operating improvements thus far under such extreme challenges give us reason to believe in BlackBerry’s ability to execute on BB10 as having better odds than we originally would have anticipated.”

Tse says BlackBerry has been able to achieve higher margins than most anyone expected from its BlackBerry 10 rollout, and its average-revenue-per-user numbers on its services revenue is also better than anticipated, with the company now predicting just a single-digit decline next quarter.

While Tse notes that BlackBerry saw a dip in the number of subscribers, he also says the company’s revenue model is changing, and it may not be for the worse, as many assume.

He says an increasing proportion of BlackBerry’s gross margin is coming from smartphones, instead of services. Tse thinks BlackBerry can make money this way, pointing to Apple’s high 40s/low 50s gross margins and Samsung’s mid-30s. What’s more, says the Cormark analyst, BlackBerry has an embedded subscription base it can use to leverage beyond its historical services model. He says the market is attributing no value to this advantage, which he thinks may become more relevant in the future.

On the BlackBerry 10 rollout, which has many still wondering whether the company can assume the number three spot behind Apple and Samsung, Tse says he thinks the news flow will begin to turn positive as the Q10, the BlackBerry 10 device with the physical keyboard, rolls out in several markets, including the U.S. Noting that half of Z10 sales came from non-BlackBerry platforms, he says BlackBerry now has the best odds to occupy the number three spot in the global smartphone market.
    04-01-13 03:02 PM
    Another upgrade at the close:

Research In Motion Raised to Top Pick From Buy at Cormark >BBRY

Last update: 4/1/2013 3:58:35 PM

(END) Dow Jones Newswires (212-416-2800)

April 01, 2013 15:58 ET (19:58 GMT)
    bungaboy and Bilaal like this.
    04-01-13 03:03 PM
    Well I'm still in the red, but I'm thinking tomorrow maybe green for me.
    Sticking it out to avoid some big losses was the right move.
    04-01-13 03:04 PM
    Nice day today. Google news is flooded with positives, first time I've seen that ever. My sell point still holds at 18.80 for now. Hope we can get there by the end of next month!
    04-01-13 03:09 PM
    I'm in the red until TSX goes past $18.14. I really wanna buy back and buy preferably anything cheaper than what I originally had bought it at, but I keep telling myself I'm in it for the long run so I should just be really patient.
    04-01-13 03:20 PM
    Nice, it only fell to $15.01 in after hours, so far.
    04-01-13 03:21 PM
    Pretty good finish but I'd still prefer about 1% per day...every day, particularly when there's now news out there. Good medicine to keep the bears and low-level daytraders down to a minimum. Boy it'd be nice to see BBRY stay this very pretty shade of green from now on. Now let's hope GS gets off their butts to revise that silly downgrade they dumped on us last week!!!
    04-01-13 03:24 PM
    These guys are grasping here:

Analysts at Nomura Equity Research expect Research In Motion Ltd (NASDAQ:BBRY) (TSE:BB) or Blackberry to post solid growth within the next two to three quarters in terms of revenue, units and gross profits, and the stock price of the company’s performance would be in line with the market.

blackberry logo

Analysts Stuart Jeffrey and Woo Jin Hoo believe that the strong sequential trends for the Canadian smartphone manufacturer in the first quarter to the third quarter of the current fiscal year is driven by its broadening distribution, the launching of the Blackberry 10, and the possibility of upgrade cycle among loyal Blackberry fans both enterprises and consumers. Jeffrey and Woo expect the momentum of Research In Motion Ltd (NASDAQ:BBRY) (TSE:BB) to “more than offset the more than linear headwinds” they observe in services revenue.

The analysts also suggested that the Canadian smartphone manufacturer to experience slow growth in the latter part of FY2014 and early months of FY2015 due citing that Blackberry lacks scale and skill sets necessary to profitability and differentiate in hardware and in applications and cloud services. According to them, Research In Motion Ltd (NASDAQ:BBRY) (TSE:BB) is expected to struggle with hardware profitability and lose its paying subscribers.

In a note to investors, Jeffrey and Hoo wrote, “We do not expect Blackberry to sustain more than low single-digit margins longer-term, and the share price is currently assuming high, single-digit margins. We believe that this view will likely prevail once/ if sequential growth starts to stagnate. We believe that this stagnation will is likely either late in FY14 or in early FY15.”

The analysts also stated that the stock price of Research In Motion Ltd (NASDAQ:BBRY) (TSE:BB) is overvalued and they believe that near-term momentum will drive the shares of the company to a fair value.

Jeffrey and Hoo said, “Given the challenges of calling near-term numbers, we believe that investors should wait and potentially cut exposures late in the year, especially if an enterprise replacement cycle has kicked in, a cycle that could signal the peak of the short-term upturn.”

The analysts maintained their neutral rating for the shares of Research In Motion Ltd (NASDAQ:BBRY) (TSE:BB) and $10 per share price target. According to them, the long-term challenges for the Canadian smartphone manufacturer are still the same despite the improvement of its near-term profitability and sequential revenue growth. They estimated that the company’s revenue and EBIT margin will increase by 17 percent and 2 percent in FY14, respectively.
    04-01-13 03:30 PM
    Single digit margins? What planet are these guys on?
    04-01-13 03:43 PM
    Think this will have a positive impact? The "S" app maybe.

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...7/#post8240266
    Shanerredflag and cjcampbell like this.
    04-01-13 03:44 PM

Chaaaa Ching

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy likes this.
    04-01-13 03:48 PM

When did this update come?
    04-01-13 03:48 PM
    When did this update come?
    Got mine today. 6MB but same OS number.
    04-01-13 03:51 PM
    Yay new update
    04-01-13 03:53 PM
    What's the difference
    04-01-13 03:53 PM
    What's the difference
    Apparently just that agreement that has mention of Windows live messenger....which is now Skype?
    04-01-13 03:55 PM
113,256 ... 563564565566567 ...