View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    I think its up up and away. Irregardless of what they say in their predictions. If BB keeps on top of their R&D we can see over 40-50 in two years if not more as they gain market share. Long haul baby
    I would say sooner if BBRY can keep up the trend for another 2 - 3 quarters
    04-01-13 01:00 PM
    I think we'll see a lot more positive articles once the Q10 comes out, I imagine the hardcore Blackberry loyalists are waiting on this to jump on bb10.
    Id expect a modest bump in the stock price from this as well.
    Shanerredflag and DragonFlyer like this.
    04-01-13 01:11 PM
    I agree. but I think that most investors will be standoffish until they see that BB is going to continue to innovate and produce good numbers. I dont think that can be seen in 1 fiscal year. But I think into year 2 we will see strong confidence and drastic SP increase
    Shanerredflag likes this.
    04-01-13 01:15 PM
    Here's a mid-day chart for you:

Attachment 146218

This morning we touched down on the sym-triangle for a minute and then rallied through the 5-dma and the 50-dma and never looked back. We dropped briefly back to the 50-dma to confirm the breakout and then rallied again to the next resistance point which is the pennant formation in green. We have to get above $ 15.30/shr and hold it in order to claim our 4th major resistance in just one day. This is a great rally and it is on the back of upgrades all day. The negative news about the Q4 results is behind us now and it should be because there was nothing negative in that report.

As for the short position, there is absolutely nothing different about BBRY's short position and Netflix, they are the same with less than 10% hedge in them and we can expect the same results when shorts are forced to cover. There will still be a massive rally when it comes. If you need to factor in the possible hedge available for BBRY look at the option contracts outstanding in various strike prices over time, there isn't nearly enough hedging available to take 155 million shares off the market. This stock is no different than Netflix if that helps.

Question: Can we take out the pennant formation above $ 15.30/shr today? Well why not.
    Morgan, as you stated on the ER day that Blackberry is SAND-BAGGING itself in terms of the Q1 guidance. Actually, in the Q/A section, two analysts questioned why the Q1 guidance was so conservative from the company. This self sand-bagging could be a big bear trap for those shorts who do not cover before the Q1 ER. Honestly, I projects conservatively that the Q1 EPS shall be way above $1.5 by which it only requires the company to meet the following conditions:
    1. 4 million BB7 phones
    2. 3 million Z10 phones
    3. 1 million Q10 phones
    4. 92% service rev as Q4
    04-01-13 01:15 PM
    Let's break past $15.30!
    04-01-13 01:24 PM
    Let's break past $15.30!
    There u GO! 15.31

EDIT: ....and rising!
    leafs123 likes this.
    04-01-13 01:27 PM
    resistance broken, BAM
    04-01-13 01:27 PM
    I love how the Wells Fargo analyst thinks that advertising is going to go up by 50%.

Well duh, BlackBerry said it was going to.

Posted via CB10
    04-01-13 01:30 PM
    I think you are spot on here. IMO, BlackBerry will beat analyst expectations again. Something I just read in a research note that caught my eye from Q4:

"On a sequential-quarter basis, work-in-progress inventory was the fastest-growing segment, up 57.2%. Research In Motion may display positive inventory divergence, suggesting that management sees increased demand on the horizon."

Morgan, as you stated on the ER day that Blackberry is SAND-BAGGING itself in terms of the Q1 guidance. Actually, in the Q/A section, two analysts questioned why the Q1 guidance was so conservative from the company. This self sand-bagging could be a big bear trap for those shorts who do not cover before the Q1 ER. Honestly, I projects conservatively that the Q1 EPS shall be way above $1.5 by which it only requires the company to meet the following conditions:
    1. 4 million BB7 phones
    2. 3 million Z10 phones
    3. 1 million Q10 phones
    4. 92% service rev as Q4
    bungaboy and Shanerredflag like this.
    04-01-13 01:30 PM
    One thing to remember that lots of these analyst and media people are not super technical so they still holding or suggesting that BB Q10 is missing or until it is release they won;t buy or recommend BB. The matter of fact is that virtual keyboard on z10 almost replaces the physical keyboard and only people will care about q10 will be people who has not tried z10 keyboard, executives, ladies with big nails, etc.
    BB knows this and that is why they release z10 before the z10, I do not think they want to produce so many q10 and then z10 outsells it. they want to see z10 sales and manage the inventory better. That is one of thing BB did best in last few months is managing the inventory of bb7, reduce self safe, efficient channel management, dumpled celestica, etc.
    bungaboy likes this.
    04-01-13 01:37 PM
    just curious if anyone else saw that drop then a good bounce back a few seconds after, mmm resistance is goooood
    04-01-13 01:38 PM
    resistance broken, BAM
    spoken like a true emeril lagasse lol
    Bugmapper, bungaboy and peter9477 like this.
    04-01-13 01:40 PM
    1. 4 million BB7 phones
    2. 3 million Z10 phones
    3. 1 million Q10 phones
    4. 92% service rev as Q4
    (Sorry, need to finish my thought here)...

Such a conservative and self-sand-bagging guidance mirrors the same pattern when Apple was on the rising, i.e., always providing a very very low guidance then beating them huge. ---> This made the share price jumps on every post ER days.
    I really believe that currently, BBRY is at the same stage as that of Apple when its share price was under $15 eight years ago.
    Last edited by bigbbrybeliever; 04-01-13 at 02:00 PM.
    04-01-13 01:42 PM
    up BBRY up.. dont stall on me now
    04-01-13 02:02 PM
    up BBRY up.. dont stall on me now
    TWSS . . . . . . LoL
    04-01-13 02:12 PM
    Ack. $15.05 . . . . must stop this dive!
    04-01-13 02:12 PM
    I wonder how bad the end of the day fade will be today
    04-01-13 02:17 PM
    Why the **** did I think the market was closed today? Stupid bank holiday! *facepalm*
    04-01-13 02:20 PM
    Before earning report shorts headlines were z10 sale was not good, Homedepot ditched it, DoA and Uk gov. dithced BB, show us proof that bb10 is good, etc. Now that ER is out and BB showed them mid finger, I wonder what possible news they can spread to bring it down again like they have been doing for last 2 months..
    bungaboy likes this.
    04-01-13 02:21 PM
    once the Q10 release date is announced, this thing will rally $2.
    the rally is inevitable. just a matter of when. and could be this week.

BlackBerry teased the April release date on facebook today. just says coming April. no specific date. but, must be on track.
    bungaboy likes this.
    04-01-13 02:32 PM
    Before earning report shorts headlines were z10 sale was not good, Homedepot ditched it, DoA and Uk gov. dithced BB, show us proof that bb10 is good, etc. Now that ER is out and BB showed them mid finger, I wonder what possible news they can spread to bring it down again like they have been doing for last 2 months..
    Those weasals will find a way

Posted via CB10
    04-01-13 02:33 PM
    Hedge funds that have 100's of millions of dollars against BB... There is no way they are going down without a fight. You need probably at least 2 consecutive good quarters for them to start panicking, if they aren't already.

BlackBerry teased the April release date on facebook today. just says coming April. no specific date. but, must be on track.
    Yup agreed. Should be out sooner than later.
    bungaboy likes this.
    04-01-13 02:33 PM

Q10 launch in Canada, my guess is: 29th April (plus/minus 3 days). Basically, 26th Apr or later.
    04-01-13 02:34 PM
    They're trying to make another run down...fackers...lol
    04-01-13 02:35 PM
    APPL trying to hold $430. BBRY started the day with 5 times higher volume and stayed 5 time higher for the entire day. Don't know the meaning behind this, just something I noticed.
    Shanerredflag and bungaboy like this.
    04-01-13 02:35 PM
113,256 ... 562563564565566 ...