View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    No. Not at all. I got the impression they thought it odd...asked "why now" and "What can they hope to Achieve" lol

Posted via CB10

That's great!!
    04-01-13 12:09 PM
    I just wanted to take a minute and thank everyone for their contributions. As I am completely new to stocks I cannot offer any helpful information which makes me feel guilty for following this thread. I just wanted to give a big thank you to all who offer their help.
    Welcome aboard from a fellow newbie. All fighting the good fight here. lol
    04-01-13 12:13 PM
    Voted. 60 vote lead
    Done. We are way ahead now, keep it up. Remember to go back on Wednesday and vote.
    Shanerredflag likes this.
    04-01-13 12:14 PM
    The Facebook HTC phone makes no sense to me. Unless they integrate a lot of content, like Amazon did with the Kindle Fire, I cannot see how people will buy it in masses. But then again, the mass populus is stupid and somehow they might fall in love with it.

'Facebook Home' leak suggests company will reveal Android homescreen replacement on Thursday | The Verge
    04-01-13 12:14 PM
    04-01-13 12:15 PM
    Looks like the bears tried another run, barely hitting $15 this time...lol
    bungaboy likes this.
    04-01-13 12:15 PM
    I think that's another poor play...FB is going the way of beta tapes imo...too polarizing for long term success. In the end it's to share pictures and other sites do it better.

Posted via CB10
    04-01-13 12:16 PM
    Edit: Not real time, but still a cool a$$ app .......

PSA for the Canucks

I asked on here a few pages back where I could find a real time TSX ticker for those of us with BB not BBRY. Well, look no further than your very own Z10's!!

There is an app called "Stocks For Blackberry 10"

It is exellent, appears to give you real time TSX, and allows you to create your portfolio to check all of your bits at one shot.

so just a friendly FYI
    Last edited by ibpluto; 04-01-13 at 12:31 PM.
    04-01-13 12:17 PM
    I think that's another poor play...FB is going the way of beta tapes imo...too polarizing for long term success. In the end it's to share pictures and other sites do it better.

Posted via CB10
    Yeah, it's rather tired now.
    04-01-13 12:17 PM
    PSA for the Canucks

I asked on here a few pages back where I could find a real time TSX ticker for those of us with BB not BBRY. Well, look no further than your very own Z10's!!

It is exellent, appears to give you real time TSX, and allows you to create your portfolio to check all of your bits at one shot.

so just a friendly FYI

Nice!! Thanks
    04-01-13 12:18 PM

Posted via CB10
    i think you might be right. FB is a good social hub, but these things come and go. myspace ran several years before dissolving totally
    Shanerredflag likes this.
    04-01-13 12:19 PM
    Why do this?

Analysts at Scotiabank lowered their price target on shares of BlackBerry (TSE: RIM) from $23.00 to $22.35 in a research report issued to clients and investors on Monday. The firm currently has an �outperform� rating on the stock.
    04-01-13 12:19 PM
    PSA for the Canucks

so just a friendly FYI
    I've got that app and the BB ticker still has a 15 minute delay. Still a great app though!
    BlackistheBerry likes this.
    04-01-13 12:20 PM
    I've got that app and the BB ticker still has a 15 minute delay. Still a great app though!
    you sure, because when I refresh the chart is spot on? (ie its 1:24pm as I type this, and the chart looks like its showing about 20 past the hour)

Edit: I think your right, they pull from Yahoo Finance. Bugger, thought it looked live.

Sorry for my false alarm post ..... still a good app thou LOL
    cjcampbell, bungaboy and Jahcure like this.
    04-01-13 12:24 PM
    Why do this?

Analysts at Scotiabank lowered their price target on shares of BlackBerry (TSE: RIM) from $23.00 to $22.35 in a research report issued to clients and investors on Monday. The firm currently has an �outperform� rating on the stock.

Perhaps they've got more invested in AAPL...silly bastards
    DragonFlyer and bungaboy like this.
    04-01-13 12:25 PM
    Why do this?

Analysts at Scotiabank lowered their price target on shares of BlackBerry (TSE: RIM) from $23.00 to $22.35 in a research report issued to clients and investors on Monday. The firm currently has an “outperform” rating on the stock.
    Is there really a point in lowering a share target 65 cents?
    04-01-13 12:28 PM
    you sure, because when I refresh the chart is spot on? (ie its 1:24pm as I type this, and the chart looks like its showing about 20 past the hour)
    I've got it open now (1:26) and it shows 15.39. BBRY has a "RT" beside it which means real time yet BB doesn't. Also, that number is the same as that appears on the Yahoo Finance page for BB.TO which is delayed.
    04-01-13 12:28 PM
    I've got it open now (1:26) and it shows 15.39. BBRY has a "RT" beside it which means real time yet BB doesn't. Also, that number is the same as that appears on the Yahoo Finance page for BB.TO which is delayed.
    Ya saw that now, (I edited my post) that I responded to you

I got all excited for nothing LOL
    cjcampbell likes this.
    04-01-13 12:30 PM
    Why do this?

Analysts at Scotiabank lowered their price target on shares of BlackBerry (TSE: RIM) from $23.00 to $22.35 in a research report issued to clients and investors on Monday. The firm currently has an “outperform” rating on the stock.
    Anything over $20 is a reasonable target. Anything over $25 might be a bit of a stretch IMO. I suspect a hype push just before the Q10 is launched (20+) followed by a small dip (18). June ER can push this to over 20 and a positive summer can help us escape with a few dollars more.

Kid Vibe's end of year price target = $29 (which would give me 100% returns )
    bungaboy likes this.
    04-01-13 12:31 PM
    Is there really a point in lowering a share target 65 cents?
    If all they want is the headline, perhaps.
    erodenero and bungaboy like this.
    04-01-13 12:33 PM
    I think its up up and away. Irregardless of what they say in their predictions. If BB keeps on top of their R&D we can see over 40-50 in two years if not more as they gain market share. Long haul baby
    Shanerredflag and bungaboy like this.
    04-01-13 12:37 PM
    Having a hard time trying to get past $15.20

If this is all we get today, that's a pretty strong gain.
    bungaboy likes this.
    04-01-13 12:54 PM
    Edit: Not real time, but still a cool a$$ app .......

PSA for the Canucks

so just a friendly FYI
    It does not give you real time quotes for TSX.
    If you notice, the NASDAQ quotes will have an RT sign next to it, meaning, real time.
    TSX quotes do not have that.
    04-01-13 12:54 PM
    Don't know if this is already been posted....

http://www.streetinsider.com/Analyst...s/8220464.html
    04-01-13 12:55 PM
    And another:

Wells Fargo has raised its estimates for Research In Motion Ltd(NASDAQ:BBRY) based on its fourth quarter results, which was a surprise for Wall Street.

Apart from the fact that the handset maker turned in a profit for the quarter, analysts have also been caught on the wrong foot by its gross margins, which was unexpected.

Should Investors Buy BBRY after The Recent Slump? Find Out Here

Wells Fargo analyst Maynard Um expects the company’s marketing spend to rise 50 percent in the current quarter.

“The ability to “ride the bike”, so to speak, without marketing “training wheels” will be important to bottom line leverage,“ said Um.

For the first quarter of fiscal 2014, Um expects the company to report profit of 7 cents per share from prior expectations calling for a loss of 7 cents per share.

Revenues move from $3 billion up to $3.4 billion. BB10 shipments rise by 1 million to 3.5 million units. Hardware gross margins expected to be 24 percent, markedly higher than 13 percent previously expected. Average selling price drops from $535 to $440, offsetting some of the gross margin gains, while operating expenditure is expected to rise to $1.3 billion.

Fiscal 2014 loss outlook narrows from 22 cents per share to just 7 cents per share on improving gross margin. Revenue outlook was tapered from $12.7 billion to $12.5 billion.

Wells has BlackBerry at Outperform with a valuation range of $19 to $20.

Shares of the company soared 77 cents or 5.30% to $15.21 on heavy volume with more than 42 million shares have traded hands so far.
    04-01-13 12:58 PM
113,251 ... 561562563564565 ...