View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    on a somewhat good note appl is down 4$ just about . alot worse than our .03$
    Charles Martin1 likes this.
    04-01-13 08:44 AM
    That was my cue to buy, buy, buy....LOL
    04-01-13 08:45 AM
    Momentum is starting to shift.
    Where?
    04-01-13 08:45 AM
    Lol, an arts degree was worse.
    Tell me about it!
    04-01-13 08:51 AM
    Where?
    right now its shifting up .15 cents lol
    04-01-13 08:53 AM
    I got a bunch more at $14.34! Ca-ching!!!
    04-01-13 08:55 AM
    04-01-13 09:16 AM
    BlackBerry: 'Holy Smokes, They Did It' - Seeking Alpha

"We believe BBRY management has delivered the close to impossible feat of turning around a ship that was headed into oblivion. They have successfully launched a brand new BB10 platform which is slick, fast, fun to use, intuitive and easy to use."
    bungaboy and BlackistheBerry like this.
    04-01-13 09:18 AM
    Unfortunately, this might get some play today.

Windows Phone sees big gains at the expense of BlackBerry and Symbian
    Notice how they use RIM as the operating system while Apple and Google are displayed as iOS and Android.
    Are they referring to BBOS or BB10?
    Im assuming BBOS seeing how the marketshare has declined heavily over the course of the year.
    morganplus8 and bungaboy like this.
    04-01-13 09:19 AM
    Chaaaaa-ching
    04-01-13 09:20 AM
    BlackBerry's Gross Margins And Z10 Shipments Support Bullish Case - Seeking Alpha

"Overall this latest release will continue to support the bullish argument in the short to medium term, precluding that the Z10 launch will become a truly success."
    bungaboy likes this.
  12. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    bullish today! ... go Blackberry!
    Notice how they use RIM as the operating system while Apple and Google are displayed as iOS and Android.
    Are they referring to BBOS or BB10?
    Im assuming BBOS seeing how the marketshare has declined heavily over the course of the year.
    Well, that's the argument with the subscriber base numbers too which I had hoped for some clairification during the call. Does that include just BBOS subs or BB10 too?
    04-01-13 09:23 AM
    LOL:
    bungaboy and spike12 like this.
    04-01-13 09:25 AM
    During the long weekend (three days), lot Apple fans and Nokia Fans made attacks on BBRY about the Z10 did not sell, i.e., "Shipped 1 million but only sold less than 700K". This kind of attacks happened right in this forum also.
    Here, I just want to make the record straight once for all by doing the copy-paste of one section of the Q/A from the ER transcript.
    Just in case some Apple and Nokia fans don't know how to read, I am highlighting the key words for you here for free so that you don't need to thank me.

Tim Long - BMO Capital Markets

I was hoping on this sell-through, could you just give us an indication of how the Z10 sell-through was in the quarter? Obviously it was only a few markets that were shipping, so just wanted to get a sense of how much of the approximately 1 million actually sold through already.

Thorsten Gerhard Heins - CEO
    I think you’re making the argument itself, Tim, which is we are in early days, actually, right? So there’s a huge dynamic in the market, what is flowing in, what is already flowing out. So don’t take it really kind of like a clear number, but what we see roughly is that from what we have shipped into the market, two-thirds to three-quarters already have sold through.

It is very dynamic. We need to replenish certain markets, because we have sold out. Huge dynamics going on. I mean, the turnaround cycles for sell in to sell through is pretty short, which is a pretty good signal, actually shows that we are higher in demand than supply. That’s why, as I’ve said publicly, we have ramped up our production capabilities. So right now it’s very dynamic, but it all goes in the right direction.

And just to clarify that two thirds to three quarters sold through, is that as of February, or is that more a sense as of now?

I think that number is, as I said, that number is actually converging to what we sell in, already sell through pretty quickly. That’s why we have the ramp of our production capability for the logistics and supply chains are working at high speed at the moment.

Brian Bidulka - Chief Financial Officer
    But I think to your point, though, Tim, it’s more of a recent data point that we’ve got on the sell through as we’ve just been monitoring [crosstalk].

Okay, so it’s not related to the millions, it’s related to to date shipments.

Yeah, kind of.
    Shanerredflag and DragonFlyer like this.
    04-01-13 09:26 AM
    That is still the legal entity until the name change is approved at the AGM.
    That is a terrible excuse. If Jim tells you to call him Bobby, you don't call him Jim any ways because that is his legal name.

Posted via CB10
    04-01-13 09:27 AM
    morning all, seems like a nice start to the trading week!
    04-01-13 09:31 AM
    Well, that's the argument with the subscriber base numbers too which I had hoped for some clairification during the call. Does that include just BBOS subs or BB10 too?
    What about PB subs? They havent really decribed what the word "subscriber" pertains to.
    04-01-13 09:31 AM
    Green I mean good morning
    helopilot06 likes this.
    04-01-13 09:32 AM
    C'mon baby break 15... you can do it!
    04-01-13 09:33 AM
    What about PB subs? They havent really decribed what the word "subscriber" pertains to.
    That's true. If I was them, I would just say BlackBerry users as opposed to subscribers. The subscriber part will become irrelevant going forward because of BB10 and the no longer need for BB specific data plans.
    peter9477 likes this.
    04-01-13 09:34 AM
    Whats happening lol, I look back and its gone from 14.80-15.19? GREEEEEEN BOYS GREEN!
    04-01-13 09:35 AM
    That's true. If I was them, I would just say BlackBerry users as opposed to subscribers. The subscriber part will become irrelevant going forward because of BB10 and the no longer need for BB specific data plans.
    True, they could possibly be referring to BIS/BES subscription numbers, I really wish they would provide some sort of clarification.
    04-01-13 09:36 AM
    Whats happening lol, I look back and its gone from 14.80-15.19? GREEEEEEN BOYS GREEN!
    Whats happening is... money making lol
    They should since they have access to the BlackBerry App World. Subscribers is a term that I think we will not hear often going forward, I think they will go with Users or active devices.
    I'm more interested in playbook users than BBos subscribers, since they will get a taste of BlackBerry 10 when it comes to the Playbook.

Posted via CB10
113,250 ... 557558559560561 ...