View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Bloomberg said BBRY actually lost money for the quarter? Would BlackBerry Post Profit Without Tax Reversal?: Video - Bloomberg
    If you start taking out "income", then of course they can't post a profit.
    Tax benefits count as income as far as investors are concerned.
    I'd be concerned if they had huge income from the sale of a lot of assets, because those would truly be one time income charges, whereas some tax benefits can continue over time. Without having more info on the line item, I can't say much more.
    bungaboy likes this.
    04-01-13 01:17 AM
    Plus, even if you take out tax benefit related income, they pretty much broke even in the quarter. That is still a huge earnings beat, and better than nearly every analyst (if not all analysts) predicted.
    bungaboy likes this.
    04-01-13 02:14 AM
    Very nice stuff for speculations. Here are the latest Stats by StatCounter for the UK: StatCounter Global Stats UK
    As you can see there is a smooth rise in BB market share from around 14.5% to 16.6% for the last 60 days. The cyclical descents are imho always at weekends where phones are usually just sitting on the table. Look at the last 4 days of the Easter Weekend . Whereas there are significant rises in Android market share at the same time. Tablets at home i guess . Also IOS usage drops at weekends.

Unfortunately the graphs for USA and Canada are not that significant (which is quite weird since CA sales should be great), maybe due to technical reasons but maybe someone else has some more insight

StatCounter Global Stats CA
    StatCounter Global Stats US
    Last edited by Alastor263; 04-01-13 at 05:16 AM.
    04-01-13 04:35 AM
    Bloomberg said BBRY actually lost money for the quarter? Would BlackBerry Post Profit Without Tax Reversal?: Video - Bloomberg

Lol...don't they realize that most of the US economic performance is propped up with QE and tax incentives? Their entire equity markets are at record highs because of it...too funny.

So let's just discount QE and taxes incentives from the DJIA and erase their so called record...what kind of farking analysis is this????
    bungaboy likes this.
    04-01-13 04:41 AM
    Oh no!!!! Down 50%!!!!!
    Last edited by Charles Martin1; 04-01-13 at 05:40 AM.
    04-01-13 04:55 AM
    With all of the BS floating around and the fact that they got shafted out of a US launch it was probably better to be hazy...next quarter is going to be fireworks.
    No Doubt! The next ER will tell much about the future of BB.
    04-01-13 05:03 AM
    Holy cow!!!! Up 50%!!!!!
    You should have said 18% I would have bitten.

But the way things are going even I don't believe 50% and quickly realized it was the 1st
    04-01-13 05:18 AM
    You should have said 18% I would have bitten.

But the way things are going even I don't believe 50% and quickly realized it was the 1st

April Fools attempt..no takers today...
    04-01-13 05:28 AM
    BlackBerry - Is The End Near? - Seeking Alpha

The end is nowhere in sight. Investors in BBRY should not be worried about the daily volatility in the stock; they should be focused on the long term prospects of the company. As weird as it may sound, BBRY is still a value investment. With the backings of Prem Watsa on the board, strong tailwind in the smartphone industry, and a focused management team, I believe BBRY made their first successful step in the long journey ahead. Investors who can sit through the gut wrenching volatility will be rewarded greatly in the ensuing years. And as Warren Buffett always said, "Be greedy when others are fearful, and fearful when others are greedy."
    04-01-13 05:30 AM
    On Nasdaq's website it says

Pre-Market Most Active Stocks - NASDAQ.com $15.20

But if you go to the pre market quote you get

Research In Motion Limited Pre-Market Trading - NASDAQ.com

$14.54 weird
    Think id rather get the first one where the stock is up 4% lol
    04-01-13 05:50 AM
    On Nasdaq's website it says

Pre-Market Most Active Stocks - NASDAQ.com $15.20

But if you go to the pre market quote you get

Research In Motion Limited Pre-Market Trading - NASDAQ.com

$14.54 weird
    Think id rather get the first one where the stock is up 4% lol

Yeah the first one is based on March 28
    04-01-13 05:52 AM
    Well then im happy im in the Canadian stock!! Ours seems to be higher always!!
    BlackistheBerry likes this.
    04-01-13 05:58 AM
    BlackBerry - Is The End Near? - Seeking Alpha

The end is nowhere in sight. Investors in BBRY should not be worried about the daily volatility in the stock; they should be focused on the long term prospects of the company. As weird as it may sound, BBRY is still a value investment. With the backings of Prem Watsa on the board, strong tailwind in the smartphone industry, and a focused management team, I believe BBRY made their first successful step in the long journey ahead. Investors who can sit through the gut wrenching volatility will be rewarded greatly in the ensuing years. And as Warren Buffett always said, "Be greedy when others are fearful, and fearful when others are greedy."
    Sorry but there is ALWAYS worry. What if the long term performance of BB turns out to be bad. I do not believe in investing out of loyalty. The is money and should be invested on real facts. This is no "rose garden" and people should walk through it carefully!
    Marc_Paradise likes this.
    04-01-13 06:14 AM
    April Fools attempt..no takers today...
    It's was a nice try. Haha. Good morning everyone. Hope y'all got more sleep than I did.
    04-01-13 06:16 AM
    Sorry but there is ALWAYS worry. What if the long term performance of BB turns out to be bad. I do not believe in investing out of loyalty. The is money and should be invested on real facts. This is no "rose garden" and people should walk through it carefully!

I'm as loyal as the earnings reports and growth prospects. Not in it for feel good.

Although, it sure feels good when I make money. Lol
    04-01-13 06:20 AM
    Last chance for cheap stocks...doubling down today...
    DragonFlyer likes this.
    04-01-13 06:26 AM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/news-ru...-makes-789980/

Looks like things are shaping up here in the states
    Last edited by KISSINGER; 04-01-13 at 06:51 AM.
    04-01-13 06:40 AM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/news-ru...-makes-789980/

Looks like things are shaping up here in the states

Thanks for sharing. That's really good news.
    04-01-13 06:52 AM
    04-01-13 07:00 AM
    04-01-13 07:07 AM
    These guys are out of touch. They are just now getting it up to $11? They also still call it Research in Motion.
    04-01-13 07:21 AM
    Lots of negative press on Yahoo and not seeing any upgrades so far. whats the deal market! Cant handle that BB is awesome and a player in the market again? Geez I havent seen this much hate for a company since enron.
    bungaboy likes this.
    04-01-13 07:23 AM
    These guys are out of touch. They are just now getting it up to $11? They also still call it Research in Motion.
    True but it's the direction of their change that matters right now...
    morganplus8 likes this.
    04-01-13 07:30 AM
    Lots of negative press on Yahoo and not seeing any upgrades so far. whats the deal market! Cant handle that BB is awesome and a player in the market again? Geez I havent seen this much hate for a company since enron.

Got some price targets going up; that's a good start.
    04-01-13 07:31 AM
    That is still the legal entity until the name change is approved at the AGM.
    04-01-13 07:32 AM
113,256 ... 555556557558559 ...