View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    I don't think it's closed. Nasdaq and TSX are open tomorrow.
    I know the TSX is but I thought someone posted that Nasdaq was closed.

Here's the holiday schedule...looks like it's open.

Woohoo!!

http://www.investmentu.com/nasdaq-holiday-schedule.html
    03-31-13 08:16 PM
    It's currently only anecdotal both ways. Neither side can say they're right until we have the benefit of hindsight.

Posted via CB10
    Exactly. People are saying sales numbers like they are facts. Nobody knows, but it seems a little suspect that they didn't give any numbers on the earnings call. Everybody kept saying they couldn't announce specifics before that because of regulations. If the numbers were good, why haven't they announced them? It just seems a little suspicious, but I could be completely wrong.
    03-31-13 08:18 PM
    Clearly a conspiracy...

Perhaps to blow everyone away next ER...converse could be true too, but that does not seem to be the case. Sure is exciting though

Posted via CB10
    DragonFlyer and bungaboy like this.
    03-31-13 08:22 PM
    Clearly a conspiracy...

Perhaps to blow everyone away next ER...converse could be true too, but that does not seem to be the case.

Posted via CB10

Q10 sales should be partially included for the next quarter...those numbers are going to be sky high!!! Woohoo!!
    03-31-13 08:25 PM
    Is interesting why they don't discuss true numbers though...must be for competitive reasons...not to give a leg up to the competition.

Posted via CB10
    03-31-13 08:34 PM
    Is interesting why they don't discuss true numbers though...must be for competitive reasons...not to give a leg up to the competition.

Posted via CB10

With all of the BS floating around and the fact that they got shafted out of a US launch it was probably better to be hazy...next quarter is going to be fireworks.
    03-31-13 08:36 PM
    I will believe that when I see official numbers. If you are comfortable with your research, please let us know where and what you found. The company didn't announce any concrete numbers and were very vague at their earnings call . Why should I believe you? I'm just interested in facts, not anecdotal evidence and people pulling numbers out of thin air. It's "no skin off of my back" if you spout off numbers with no evidence
    What numbers are you looking for?

We know:

* approx 1 mm shipped in q4
    * 2/3rds sell-through to date

That sell through is not of that 1 million shipped in q4 but of all shipments to date -which makes sense when you consider we had confirmation via pictures that channels were being filled three weeks ahead of US launch -of course those additional units had not sold through yet.

Where's the confusion?

Posted via CB10
    03-31-13 08:41 PM
    I know the TSX is but I thought someone posted that Nasdaq was closed.

Here's the holiday schedule...looks like it's open.

Woohoo!!

http://www.investmentu.com/nasdaq-holiday-schedule.html
    It better be open. Have been going through withdrawal symptoms all weekend!
    03-31-13 08:46 PM
    What numbers are you looking for?

We know:

* approx 1 mm shipped in q4
    * 2/3rds sell-through to date

That sell through is not of that 1 million shipped in q4 but of all shipments to date -which makes sense when you consider we had confirmation via pictures that channels were being filled three weeks ahead of US launch -of course those additional units had not sold through yet.

Where's the confusion?

Posted via CB10
    Ok, how many have been sold? That's all I asked. Not approximations and speculation. You can't give me a number because BlackBerry has not given any official numbers. They could have easily done that, buy they didn't for some reason. Why are they being so vague. I would assume they would be letting the world know if the numbers were good
    03-31-13 08:53 PM
    Ok, how many have been sold? That's all I asked. Not approximations and speculation. You can't give me a number because BlackBerry has not given any official numbers. They could have easily done that, buy they didn't for some reason
    Do other manufacturers release exact numbers of each model sold?

Posted via CB10 on a BLACK Z10!
    03-31-13 08:55 PM
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-521988_10151355694996476_1797166063_n.jpg

Don't know if this has been seen yet, but looks awesome!
    03-31-13 09:00 PM
    It better be open. Have been going through withdrawal symptoms all weekend!
    I hope so too...I'm thinking it may be a good day to buy some...
    03-31-13 09:00 PM
    Exactly. People are saying sales numbers like they are facts. Nobody knows, but it seems a little suspect that they didn't give any numbers on the earnings call. Everybody kept saying they couldn't announce specifics before that because of regulations. If the numbers were good, why haven't they announced them? It just seems a little suspicious, but I could be completely wrong.
    We have to accept the numbers for what they are, and, Heins was clear on those sales numbers. Heins clearly stated that 1,000,000 phones were sold in Q4 and that number will never change.

The issue you are having relates to the comment regarding the "something in the order of 2/3's to 3/4s were sell-through" which Heins stated ........ when asked about the single 1,000,000 order that was placed at the end of the month of February. The analyst asked what portion of the 1,000,000 sold was sell-through and Heins made it sound like it was related to Q4. He was corrected right away and it was made clear that the comment related to that single 1,000,000 order. Not everyone picked up on that. And to be clear, BBRY sold exactly 1,000,000 in Q4, and they saw sell-through on the 1,000,000 of 2/3 to 3/4 on that single large order. In addition, they ramped up production 3 times.

Hope that helps, Seeking Alpha has the complete transcript if you need to review Hein's biggest slip ever. I had to change my pants when he messed that detail up!
    DragonFlyer, fedakd and bungaboy like this.
    03-31-13 09:01 PM
    With all of the BS floating around and the fact that they got shafted out of a US launch it was probably better to be hazy...next quarter is going to be fireworks.
    It might be, but the Q10 might not be released in the US in the next quarter. If it's released in the UK in late April, it probably won't get released here until late June if it follows the same pattern (I thought I read it would be released about 2 months later in the US, just like the Z10) It seems like BlackBerry is staggering the launches to split quarters for some reason
    03-31-13 09:01 PM
    Ok, how many have been sold? That's all I asked. Not approximations and speculation. You can't give me a number because BlackBerry has not given any official numbers. They could have easily done that, buy they didn't for some reason. Why are they being so vague. I would assume they would be letting the world know if the numbers were good
    Just curious why would you want to know the exact number?
    It makes no difference to me whether it was 1 million or 600,000. Either number would indicate that the z10 was selling well. It is a great phone so it should continue to do well.

Posted via CB10
    03-31-13 09:02 PM
    So Im here at Waterloo and I've been studying at Second Cup alot. First day, I see a guy beside me with 2 Z10s on his table. This guy seemed like he was in his 40s and I didn't say much to him. The next day at Second Cup, I saw the Z10 AGAIN! This time, it was two people, these two people were around my age. This is how the convo went
    Alex: "Is that the new Z10?"
    Guy: "Yeah"
    Alex: "How is it?"
    Guy: "It's alright, I love the keyboard. It's amazing! But it needs an update. You should get it in a month, It's very good"
    Alex: "Cool! What phone did you come from?"
    Guy: "Blackberry"

That was a about most of the important stuff in the convo... but it was good to see people my age start using the phone. I didn't think that would've happened tbh LOL.

Alex
    03-31-13 10:05 PM
    Oh and btw...I'm now 20 years old not 6 in my profile picture ROFL
    bungaboy likes this.
    03-31-13 10:11 PM
    It might be, but the Q10 might not be released in the US in the next quarter. If it's released in the UK in late April, it probably won't get released here until late June if it follows the same pattern (I thought I read it would be released about 2 months later in the US, just like the Z10) It seems like BlackBerry is staggering the launches to split quarters for some reason

I agree but the demand for the Q10 should be much greater than for the Z10, both for individuals and enterprise.
    bungaboy and Superfly_FR like this.
    03-31-13 10:13 PM
    Just curious why would you want to know the exact number?
    It makes no difference to me whether it was 1 million or 600,000. Either number would indicate that the z10 was selling well. It is a great phone so it should continue to do well.

Posted via CB10
    It obvious to anybody thinking clearly why no number was released. Apple and Samsung can move 5million on an opening weekend. Any number bbry puts up would be compared to that and declared DOA. Without the market muscle of those two, bbry need to dance around doing the staggered launch to keep production costs under control, splitting the launch over different quarters, bbry needs to be stealthy if they are going to lock in number three. Look at it this way, would you tell your competitors "hey we're selling a bucket load of these things, oh any by the way the people buying them are your former customers"? Heck No, let sammy answer apple pay to figure it out for them selves. They have the money. It not bbry's job to inform them that someone else is eating their lunch.
    03-31-13 10:15 PM
    Here's the important thing, if it's true: everything they shipped, they got paid for, at full price. (Anyone have information to the contrary?)

The additional Brightstar order for 1M? As BB ships the phones out for that order, they're getting paid for them.
    It is my understanding that, by convention, this is not the case. The manufacturer ships the product to the customer and the customer pays the manufacturer some time after. In the unlikely event the product does not sell, the customer may return shipment to the manufacturer. The value of the product the company has shipped to a customer for which it has not received payment is documented under the "accounts receivable" item on the balance sheet.

You can review the full details of a company's balance sheet in the SEC's EDGAR database. Here is the briefing for BBRY on MSNMoney.
    Balance Sheet - MSN Money
    For example, BBRY has an accounts receivable of 2,353.0 million in Q4 2013. Part of that figure may or may not be from the Z10.

The opposite of "accounts receivable" is "accounts payable". This is the amount of money owed by the company to its suppliers. If I am mistaken, anyone should feel free to correct me.
    03-31-13 10:44 PM
    It's like playing Texas holdem, why would you tell others what cards you are holding so early in the game.. Save it for when it matters
    03-31-13 11:11 PM
    It is my understanding that, by convention, this is not the case. The manufacturer ships the product to the customer and the customer pays the manufacturer some time after. In the unlikely event the product does not sell, the customer may return shipment to the manufacturer. The value of the product the company has shipped to a customer for which it has not received payment is documented under the "accounts receivable" item on the balance sheet.

You can review the full details of a company's balance sheet in the SEC's EDGAR database. Here is the briefing for BBRY on MSNMoney.
    Balance Sheet - MSN Money
    For example, BBRY has an accounts receivable of 2,353.0 million in Q4 2013. Part of that figure may or may not be from the Z10.

The opposite of "accounts receivable" is "accounts payable". This is the amount of money owed by the company to its suppliers. If I am mistaken, anyone should feel free to correct me.
    Yup. You must have done well in your grade 11 or 12 accounting class.
    03-31-13 11:18 PM
    03-31-13 11:38 PM
    Bloomberg said BBRY actually lost money for the quarter? Would BlackBerry Post Profit Without Tax Reversal?: Video - Bloomberg
    04-01-13 12:46 AM
    I will believe that when I see official numbers. If you are comfortable with your research, please let us know where and what you found. The company didn't announce any concrete numbers and were very vague at their earnings call . Why should I believe you? I'm just interested in facts, not anecdotal evidence and people pulling numbers out of thin air. It's "no skin off of my back" if you spout off numbers with no evidence
    Go to the ER transcript in which your question was answered in details.
    2/3 to 3/4 phones shipped up to 3/28 have been sold. The sell-in and sell-through were very dynamic (in a very short cycle between sell-in and sell-through) in the entire time up to 3/28 the day of ER.
    Enough evidence for you now?
    04-01-13 12:52 AM
113,256 ... 554555556557558 ...