Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    03-31-13 08:42 AM
    03-31-13 08:49 AM
    I cant believe what i just read.... Second Opinion Weekly just downgraded BBRY to Avoid. Its dated 4/1/2013 so I guess preemptively posting it for monday trading... seriously?
    here is their reasoning, typically if BB goes up on Monday they will have to reverse their opinion into outperform, totally useless advise:

Moving Average Convergence/Divergence (MACD) indicates a Bearish Trend.
    Chart pattern indicates a Weak Downward Trend.
    Relative Strength is Bearish.
    Up/Down volume pattern indicates that the stock is under Distribution.
    The 50 day Moving Average is falling which is Bearish.
    The 200 day Moving Average is rising which is Bullish.
    Look for Support at 13.87
    morganplus8 likes this.
    03-31-13 09:52 AM
    Oh boy... It pains me to see this. Not proud to admit it, but I'm actually a patent Examiner (not in the cell phone art unfortunately). Without addressing the specifics of the case (which we aren't allowed to do), all I can say is that sometimes it comes down to how the previously known features are documented (if at all). Just because you've seen it for years doesn't mean someone took the time to write about it. As much as we would like to, Examiners can't just reject based on their own knowledge (unless we want to get chewed up by attorneys). We can only use our knowledge to direct the prior art searches in hopes of finding evidence. If you think you're frustrated... You have no idea.

I'm curious as to what functionality of the service is patentable. I know that the patent office can be quite inept, but I'm sure that they made sure that there is something unique about how they do it and what they offer when there are existing services out there.

Posted via CB10

Posted via CB10
    03-31-13 10:23 AM
    Let's see what Morgan and the other TAs guys have to say about this.
    Hey Bungaboy!!

First off, .... liked your "honking" comment re: my picture! Those are trumpeter swans, about 1,000 of them yesterday, and down from 3.500 a couple of weeks ago. I'm not a bird guy but is was nice to be so close to that many of them. I did get some awesome pictures with my phone too, by the way.

The article claiming that BBRY is an "Avoid" is fine, it is meaningless but no different than "The Streets" version that comes out daily and no one cares. The good news in that report, is the support number, it is identical to ours in the 6-month chart, $ 13.87/shr. So with that in mind, know that this computer generated TA call is about to go positive when we get above the 50-dma and the 5-dma this week.

Here is a long term chart of BBRY (3-year chart using weekly closes instead of daily):

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-rim-march-29c-2013-chart.jpg

As you can see, we traded down for a year and a half within a well defined channel while the RSI was oversold. Truly amazing that this happened to the stock from $ 60.00/down. Now, we have been trading upward for 6-months within a well defined channel and it looks pretty good too. That's why I laugh when I hear someone wants to buy the stock around $ 12.00 again because that would mean we have a trend change and the stock is bearish! LOL (Sorry for laughing out loud there.)

So what do you do? You believe in the new trend and project the green channel out into the rest of 2013 and ask yourself where the stock will be given that the pros can hold the stock well within these boundaries. The conclusion is that this week, you buy the stock as close to $ 14.00 as possible, load up here, and watch for it to move above the 50-dma and the 5-dma on a closing basis. You then want to see it close above recent highs as that useless article claims, above $ 17.32/shr for resistance. The upside for the next three months is in the mid $ 20.00/s here. The stock is also projected to see $ 30.00 this year. Until this channel fails, this is what you can expect.

The good news with the weekly chart is that is shows you that watching the stock price every day is a fools game, you just need to come back and look at it once per week. We are sitting right at a Buy zone here, not an Avoid zone! That chart is impressive and the PC driven statement posted here confirms the channels we are following. You could claim that even news is not affecting the trend of the chart here as there has been a lot of news on BlackBerry over the past 3-years and it is following a tight pattern just the same. This chart is why I own such a large block of the stock, it is very bullish.
    03-31-13 10:24 AM
    Tomorrow should prove to be an interesting trading day to say the least. With the Q10 being launched in April, and the recent Z10 sales looking great, I expect to see a move beyond $15.
    03-31-13 10:50 AM
    Checkout this new web banner on the mobile page from Best Buy:
    Cell Phones: Smartphone, Mobile Phone - Best Buy
    03-31-13 10:56 AM
    03-31-13 11:02 AM
    Thanks Morgan! With a long term chart like that I think I'll sell my house, and maybe a kidney, and put it all towards BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10 on a BLACK Z10!
    03-31-13 11:06 AM
    Haha its april 1st somewhere
    bungaboy likes this.
    03-31-13 11:14 AM
    April fools.
    bungaboy likes this.
    What does this mean for bbry and is this article bull I read this article kinda excited kinda sad lol
    I just threw up a little when I read that headline. Thanks for the heart attack.

03-31-13 11:24 AM
    Lol...

Posted via CB10
    Charles Martin1 likes this.
    03-31-13 11:26 AM
    I have been fooled
    03-31-13 11:28 AM
    I have been fooled
    No. It't the iPone owners thay have been fooled.

(And I own one, but never used it. Always my 9810. Now Z10 as well.)
    Shanerredflag and DragonFlyer like this.
    03-31-13 11:38 AM

Lol, it'd be the only way AAPL would see any upward movement in its SP...
    03-31-13 11:39 AM
    Checkout this new web banner on the mobile page from Best Buy:
    Cell Phones: Smartphone, Mobile Phone - Best Buy
    I don't know what I'm looking for here
    03-31-13 11:47 AM
    Thanks Morgan! With a long term chart like that I think I'll sell my house, and maybe a kidney, and put it all towards BlackBerry.

Ditto this!
    Morgan8: your charts are invaluable as is your wise insight. Truly in awe...I've much to learn.
    Bugmapper, I'm now off to see what my kidney might be worth lol
    03-31-13 11:59 AM
    Looks like verizon and at&t have already dropped their price by 50 for the z10. This could be bad for Monday.
    StormieTwo likes this.
    03-31-13 12:12 PM
    Looks like verizon and at&t have already dropped their price by 50 for the z10. This could be bad for Monday.
    I don't see that. And if you're referring to the discount wireless dealers like Amazon and Walmart, that's just how their deal is.

Posted via CB10
    Bugmapper and DragonFlyer like this.
    03-31-13 12:17 PM
    I just showed my whole family this report and they believe it to be true. I don't know what I've started here, but it should be interesting to see how it plays out.
    Bugmapper and bungaboy like this.
    03-31-13 12:51 PM
    Haha its april 1st somewhere
    LMAO, I posted this on my FB and one of my VERY intelligent friends is falling for it... hahah
    bungaboy and DragonFlyer like this.
    03-31-13 01:03 PM
    Guys after all the earnings excitement we forgot to call out all the analysts/firms that were dead wrong on the amount of z10's sold. We should twitter blast them. Who's got a list? These are the ones I could find:

Goldman Sachs 650K Z10
    MKM Partners 400K Z10
    Sterne Agee 500-750K Z10
    Pacific Crest 275-300K Z10
    RBC Capital Markets 500K Z10
    Canaccord Capital 300K Z10 (What did they change it to?)
    03-31-13 01:12 PM
    Anyone else think it would be funny if people end up thinking the buy out is real and buy tons of BB stocks shooting the price up... lmao

Guys after all the earnings excitement we forgot to call out all the analysts/firms that were dead wrong on the amount of z10's sold. We should twitter blast them. Who's got a list? These are the ones I could find:

Goldman Sachs 650K Z10
    MKM Partners 400K Z10
    Sterne Agee 500-750K Z10
    Pacific Crest 275-300K Z10
    RBC Capital Markets 500K Z10
    Canaccord Capital 300K Z10 (What did they change it to?)
    800 000
    plane6065 likes this.
    03-31-13 01:17 PM
113,251 ... 552553554555556 ...