View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Okay, so we went for a drive this afternoon and while shopping at the supermarket, I was just about to get out my car when these two guys walk by and stop by the car door. The one guy starts working the peek and flow on his Z10, looks down at me holding my Z10 smiles and walks away.

Then, we arrive at this place:

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_00000026.jpg

(Before you ask, I shot that pic right into the sun.)

While I'm taking this picture a lady standing next to me asks if that is the new Z10, to which I replied, "yes, it is a terrific phone", she says, "I know", smiles and walks off with her $ 4,000 camera.

I have to conclude that this phone is really getting out there. Okay it doesn't mean much really, but it is nice to hang with others who have the phone!!
    03-30-13 04:55 PM
    Where has everybody gone lol
    I'm stuck shopping with my wife. I'll be back shortly.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk
    03-30-13 05:03 PM

Did that yesterday...cost me a new fridge, stove and patio set.. she wonders why I hate shopping.

Posted via CB10
    03-30-13 05:32 PM
    I haven't met anyone with a Z10 yet, but I have been showing it off to anyone that would listen. So far I have converted two iPhone users. They liked it so much that they are going to terminate their contracts early.

Posted via CB10
    03-30-13 05:38 PM
    Wow!. This guy is dead on and a terrific endorsement for BB. Nothing beats BB's security ! Great interview and should give our US audience time to digest this over the weekend. Interesting weeks coming ahead.

Also he should have added in the end, " teens if you don't want your friends listening to your conversation, switch to the new Z10 if you haven't done so. you got the cool factor, same capabilities plus the added security for the same price as the other gadgets.." LoL!

Anyway, thanks to sunbuster for this great find.

Android Phones Face Biggest Risk from Cyber Attack? | Fox Business Video
    The guy from TrendMicro was GREAT!

The chick from Fox . . . . . escaped from a kennel! What a bowser. Bet she is still "intact"!
    03-30-13 05:45 PM
    Can't believe the chick doing the interview, wanted to reach through the screen! Then the guy totally shot her down which was great! Bbry should hire this guy.
    The type of chick you would chew your arm off . . . . . rather than wake her up. But I can't see anybody waking up beside her. Makes me shudder even thinking about it. Woof!
    03-30-13 05:47 PM
    Agree with everyone...what a wonderful feeling it is being right.

I almost ( not at all really) feel sorry for all those overpaid under achieving loser ANALysts...yeah I'm looking at you Canaccord and Pac Crest.

Posted via CB10
    I have seen, and prefer, the term ANALcysts. Much more fitting. (Credit to someone in this thread, can't remember who. DragonFlyer maybe?)
    03-30-13 05:51 PM
    Okay, so we went for a drive this afternoon and while shopping at the supermarket, I was just about to get out my car when these two guys walk by and stop by the car door. The one guy starts working the peek and flow on his Z10, looks down at me holding my Z10 smiles and walks away.

Then, we arrive at this place:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_00000026.jpg 
Views:	468 
Size:	48.2 KB 
ID:	145497

(Before you ask, I shot that pic right into the sun.)

While I'm taking this picture a lady standing next to me asks if that is the new Z10, to which I replied, "yes, it is a terrific phone", she says, "I know", smiles and walks off with her $ 4,000 camera.

I have to conclude that this phone is really getting out there. Okay it doesn't mean much really, but it is nice to hang with others who have the phone!!
    By the looks of things . . . . . you had a honking good time! LoL
    03-30-13 05:54 PM
    Going into next week, I've got a dilemma to solve re: strategy with BB
    Right now I'm trading with my TSFA, RRSP and my Husband's RRSP.
    There's an option on the table to bring his TSFA into a self-directed venue and let
    me handle the trading. Now that said, the bulk of my stuff is in BB. (for many reasons,
    some of which have to do with the possible rate of growth combined with the already
    started momentum on this stock) Being easter and all, lol I am thinking of putting
    more eggs in this proverbial basket. I am struggling on one hand my practical side is
    whispering 'diversification' and my other side is yelling 'best returns on investment'.
    Obviously I feel strongly BB will deliver better. Thoughts?
    03-30-13 06:13 PM
    I sad to say that despite traveling daily via public transit I have not seen another Z10 in the wild. Although everyone I show my phone to is really taken back on how fluid it is then I leave them with a keyboard demonstration.

Posted via CB10
    03-30-13 06:17 PM
    There's an option on the table to bring his TSFA into a self-directed venue and let
    me handle the trading. Now that said, the bulk of my stuff is in BB. (for many reasons,
    some of which have to do with the possible rate of growth combined with the already
    started momentum on this stock) Being easter and all, lol I am thinking of putting
    more eggs in this proverbial basket. I am struggling on one hand my practical side is
    whispering 'diversification' and my other side is yelling 'best returns on investment'.
    I would recommended diversifying. The shorts can really use the media to do some permanent damage to this company. Their fiction can become reality which would be bad for us longs.

To highlight how fiction can become reality, I suggest you look at the article someone posted on this site about online defamation insurance and something about how a senator was accused of something and there was no way of stopping it.

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy and morganplus8 like this.
    03-30-13 06:26 PM
    Yes, deversification is the safe thing to do...
    bungaboy likes this.
    03-30-13 06:39 PM
    Prudence is mother of safety ... so if you have a large amount or if it represents somehow your "future", I'll suggest diversification.
    (it's soooo hard to say that I hope someone's lightning a candle for me right now )

BTW : good weekend to all, I'm under a crazy load of problems dealing with Office365 and Outlook - 8AM to midnight non stop - still not solved.
    Must sleep. Tomorrow's just another day (and I feel better every day about BBRY !)
    03-30-13 06:39 PM
    I would never throw all my eggs in one basket. Never.
    Shanerredflag and bungaboy like this.
    03-30-13 06:42 PM
    03-30-13 06:42 PM

Shortly? You kidding, right?
    03-30-13 06:57 PM
    And another SA article from today:

Disclosure: I am long BBRY. I wrote this article myself, and it expresses my own opinions. I am not receiving compensation for it (other than from Seeking Alpha). I have no business relationship with any company whose stock is mentioned in this article. (More...)

Blackberry (BBRY) bulls and bears settled in a tie in wake of Thursday's fourth quarter 2013 fiscal year earnings with stock price changing less than 1%. Blackberry came out with both good and bad news, but we'll zero in on the issue that investors seem to take issue most with, particularly the 3 million subscriber loss from 79 million to 76 million.

3 million subscribers

The most enjoyable tidbit of information during the conference call for Blackberry shorts was concerning the fact that Blackberry had lost 3 million subscribers over the last quarter. Losing subscribers is hard to view in a positive light, but if we take a closer look at the situation, it ain't all that bad.

Why It Happened

Blackberry's 4th quarter runs from December 2nd, 2012 until March 2nd, 2013. It was approximately during the beginning of this period when the Blackberry 10 platform started to receive hype and gaining traction about a return to relevance in the mobile industry. With a brand new CEO running the helm, rumors of a completely re-engineered software platform with brand new devices, it would be easy to see why consumers weren't exactly pulling Blackberry Bolds and Curves off of store shelves. If you were a Blackberry loyalist about to purchase a new Blackberry, you'd be willing to wait a couple of extra months to see the best of what Research in Motion had to offer. As such, it wouldn't be too much of a stretch to say that many customers spent the previous quarter simply waiting for the new Blackberry 10 devices to roll out.

The thing is, with a product launch date deep into their quarter (February 5th), Blackberry has had less than a month to sell their new devices. Widespread stock outs from pent-up demand as well as the fact that it wasn't yet available in all markets worldwide thus caused the subscriber base to fall.

Why It's Good News

The best-case future isn't consumers snatching up old Blackberry 7 or even the BB6 devices; it's them using the Blackberry 10 platform, a more secure and integrated technology and more importantly, utilizes the phones that bring in a larger profit margin.

Blackberry took a massive facelift when it hired Thorsten Heins, and the jump from the older Blackberry 7 devices to the newer BB10 platform is revolutionary. So unlike Apple (AAPL) which is able to benefit when consumers purchase older models like the iPhone 4S phones, Blackberry doesn't. The older devices are a below average product to say the best, and users purchasing those devices will be extremely dissatisfied and likely to switch to an iPhone or Android when they find out they've purchased an inferior product. The future of Blackberry lies with the Q10 and Z10 devices because they are the best phones in the world right now. You don't want to just sell a crappy product and make money; you want to sell the best product that you have and make money because your customers will keep coming back for more.

Going Forward

Blackberry will again face a similar situation with respect to the launch of the Q10, as that device is expected to be on store shelves sometime in April, which is a good chunk into the Blackberry's current (Q1 2014) fiscal period. Being that a large number of business professionals users prefer to use a device with a physical keyboard, the spike in subscriber base will likely come in second quarter of Blackberry's 2014 fiscal year, when they'll get the opportunity to showcase their full repertoire of products and possibly much more for a full fiscal quarter. This spike will only be accentuated further by the fact that the Q10 will likely be more successful than the Z10, especially when comparing the cutthroat competition of the touchscreen keyboard segment to the physical keyboard market segment, where Blackberry is essentially the king of the industry.

Bottom Line

Investors will have to be patient to see the full fruits of the Blackberry's turnaround. The fall in subscriber base was caused by users waiting for the new devices to be released, and this should be viewed in a positive light because Blackberry's older devices are not only an inferior product, but have smaller profit margins.

Large gains will be awaiting when Blackberry's Q10 is released, and in my opinion will sell much more successfully than the Z10 because competition is less fierce in the physical keyboard segment. Give Blackberry a chance to showcase everything they have for a full quarter, and you're not going to be disappointed.
    bungaboy likes this.
    03-30-13 06:58 PM
    All my eggs are in one basket. But that's because I'm nuts. Also, I live at home and don't have a mortgage, kids, many bills, etc... I figure since I'm still young, I can take a risk. If BB does well, my future becomes that much more awesome. If not, I'm still going to be awesome, just with less capital to start.

I'm not a trader, just buy and hold whilst selling some shares at certain points.
    03-30-13 07:04 PM
    Free thinking individual capable of independent thoughts and actions = Awesome person = most people on here.
    You are all awesome.
    Kid your exceptionally awesome...smooth operator for your stage in life ...well done.
    bungaboy and DragonFlyer like this.
    03-30-13 07:11 PM
    Free thinking individual capable of independent thoughts and actions = Awesome person = most people on here.
    You are all awesome.
    Kid your exceptionally awesome...smooth operator for your stage in life ...well done.
    I just look at life from a positive perspective. Money is great, but not the focal point. We are all awesome individuals and everyone here seems to have certain attributes which makes them a good person.

If this stock ends up hitting over $30 one day, how awesome would it be for us longs to have a NYC get together... I'm really jealous that CB is holding one soon, I'd love to go! If the stock does not go near expectations, than atleast we came out here with some good friendships. And regardless, I've already learned lots in investing from this thread.
    03-30-13 07:15 PM
    Thanks for this.

TH . . . . Jab, Jab, Right Hook! BAM!

"We will bring it out at the moment when we can expect the biggest market attention for these products." . . . .

. . . . . In the meantime, the company will release another round of BlackBerry 7 models in some countries, which continue to use the old operating system.

Heins doesn't want to miss out on potential sales by ignoring one of its most loyal segments in countries where buying a low-priced smartphone is sometimes the only reasonable option for consumers.

"We want to give them a good BlackBerry experience. So this is where probably another BlackBerry 7 product in that range makes a lot of sense," he said.

"We're not excluding those markets from BlackBerry 10 because of us wanting to sell BlackBerry 7. You will see both in coexistence for awhile in those markets." . . . . .
    03-30-13 07:22 PM
    BlackBerry Vs. Apple: Which Is A Winning Bet For 2013? - Seeking Alpha

This one has to contain some of the worst advice I have ever seen...
    03-30-13 07:26 PM
    BlackBerry Vs. Apple: Which Is A Winning Bet For 2013? - Seeking Alpha

This one has to contain some of the worst advice I have ever seen...
    And this proves numbers can be slected to show anything you want...I am thinking he has lost a ton on AAPL and trying to rally the troops to save his bacon.
    bungaboy and Acumenight like this.
    03-30-13 07:36 PM
    And this proves numbers can be slected to show anything you want...I am thinking he has lost a ton on AAPL and trying to rally the troops to save his bacon.
    His bacon has burnt to a crisp. You can't really fix that...

Posted via CB10
    03-30-13 07:38 PM
    No stock is ever more than 20% of my portfolio for more than a month or so, then I rebalance.
    Shanerredflag likes this.
    03-30-13 07:41 PM
113,256 ... 549550551552553 ...