View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Wow, this could be huge in boosting our stock's price this week (hopefully)!

Rumour: 2013 BlackBerry 10 roadmap leaks online | MobileSyrup.com
    03-30-13 02:41 AM
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-2013-03-28-14.56.48.png

Hehe

Posted via CB10
    03-30-13 02:53 AM

Nice.
    03-30-13 05:56 AM
    03-30-13 06:41 AM
    Kinda sorta odd that BlackBerry wasn't metioned at all in this artical.
    Bloggers, not hackers, are the real cyber threat - Outside the Box - MarketWatch
    This is important enough to read that I am pasting it here. Thanks for finding and sharing it.

Bloggers, not hackers, are the real cyber threat
    Commentary: Online attackers shred reputations in one post
    By Ryan Holiday

Shutterstock.com
    NEW YORK (MarketWatch) � Companies are so worried about cyber attacks that they�re rushing to buy insurance against it.

According to a report on the news website Mashable, the purchase of cyber insurance is up 33% over last year. And can you blame these companies? They want protection against hacking, security breaches, data leaks, or just plain old vandalism.

But these online attacks don't begin to articulate the real dangers companies face. A denial of service attack is relatively straightforward. Same with stealing credit card numbers.

What about a blog attack? Is your business or persona or reputation prepared for the damage it can wreak?

Sen. Robert Menendez sure wasn't ready. The New Jersey Democrat was defenseless against The Daily Caller publishing a story accusing him of patronizing underage prostitutes in the Dominican Republic. He wasn't prepared for the rest of the media, which relies on and repeats gossip that begins on blogs, to make that story a national scandal.

It didn't matter that the women had been paid to make up their story (and that they weren't underage). There was nothing Menendez could do � not when blogs will publish anything that fits their agenda or drives page views.

As Menendez later told the Washington Post : "I don�t know more than what I have read but I do know from the very beginning I have said that nameless, faceless, anonymous sources . . . from the right-wing blogs took this story . . . before an election cycle, attempted to do it then and ultimately drove it into the mainstream press."

Such attacks can happen to anyone, not just politicians.

In fact, in business the costs might be even higher and more immediate. When the blog Engadget posted a fake email announcing a supposed delay in the release of a new iPhone and Apple /quotes/zigman/68270/quotes/nls/aapl AAPL -2.08% operating system, it knocked more than $4 billion off Apple�s stock price. The Daily Show was blindsided by dubious accusations of sexism by a blogger who was paid by how many page views her post did (it did more than half a million, in fact). When Overstock.com /quotes/zigman/87370/quotes/nls/ostk OSTK -0.96% began losing business due to inaccurate online information or bogus and negative social media chatter, the company actually included the potential risk as a going concern in its 10-K filing with the SEC.

Soft targets
    The threat is growing bolder, as we saw when the French yogurt giant Danone /quotes/zigman/163487 FR:BN +0.87% was approached by Fernando Motolese, a video producer in Brazil, with two hypothetical videos. One, he said, was a fun spoof of their yogurt, which was billed as improving digestive health and other bodily functions. The other, he said, was a disgusting version of the first video, with all the scatological images implied. Motolese said he might be more inclined to release the first version if Danone was willing to pay him a fee each time it was seen.

How is that any different than a hacker threatening to release customer data or taking a company's website down unless they're paid off?

It's a media attack � but it's cyber driven all the same.

The threat is everywhere. The risk of being blindsided by a false controversy, or crucified unfairly for some misconstrued remark, hovers over everyone in the public sphere. Employees, good, bad, or disgruntled and desperate for money, know that they have the means to massively embarrass their employers with well-placed accusations of mistreatment or harassment. People know that going to a blog like Consumerist is the fastest way to get revenge for any perceived customer-service slight. Millions of eyes are watching � incentivized to demagogue their way to a traffic payday.

We know how to defend against attacks on technology. Those are hard assets. Companies have highly trained teams designed to respond to and repair any damage. But softer assets remain vulnerable. Reputation, brand perception, and your company's narrative are susceptible to blogs and social media that deal in lies and outrage and rumors � all with incredible speed.

In fact, these purveyors thrive on such headline-generating information. One study found that "untrue" tweets spread faster than corrections ever can. That means an unstable customer or an unethical competitor could kick off a massively viral but entirely false claim about your business tomorrow.

And there's little you can do about it.

At any time, a deep hole could be drilled by blogs, Twitter or You Tube that a company must pay to fill in. Irreparable damage can be wrought on the business you worked so hard to build. And depending on the intentions of the person who did it, they may also ask to be paid to not dig anymore.

When the online news cycle is driven decided not by what is important but by what readers are clicking; when the cycle is so fast that the news cannot be anything but consistently and regularly incomplete; when dubious scandals pressure politicians to resign and scuttle election bids or knock millions from the market value of publicly traded companies; when the news frequently covers itself in stories about how the story unfolded � we're all exposed to the cost.

There is no insurance for that. But perhaps there should be.

Ryan Holiday is the author of Trust Me I�m Lying: Confessions of a Media Manipulator and a PR strategist for brands and writers. He blogs at RyanHoliday.net and you can follow him on Twitter at @RyanHoliday or get monthly reading recommendations from him over email.

03-30-13 07:32 AM

I don't know how much stock I put into this leak. There are a couple of things that don't make sense. First is the fact that there doesn't seem to be any lower end devices on there and second, if this was truly an internal BlackBerry document showing quarterly road map, wouldn't it read 2014 as that is the fiscal year they are now in?

Posted via CB10
    Shanerredflag likes this.
    03-30-13 07:36 AM
    This is interesting.

Worst Company In America Round 2: Apple Vs. AT&T

Worst Company In America Round 2: Apple Vs. AT&T

March 29, 2013

Let’s get ready for the weekend by pitting a wildly popular electronics company against the wireless provider that had once been its partner-in-crime.

When Apple launched the iPhone oh so many years ago, AT&T was the only company able to offer it in the U.S. The two enjoyed a brief love affair, but Apple was never meant to be locked down to just one partner, and now you can get an iPhone just about anywhere. Sure, the two still hang out and occasionally grab coffee, but the love is gone.

So how will that former romance factor into today’s showdown?

In spite of being smaller and slower than Verizon, AT&T was able to get Big Red up against the electrified walls of the WCIA Padded Cell in the first round, taking home an impressive 68-32 victory.

But can it repeat that showing against Apple, whose 65-35 defeat of Microsoft was almost as decisive. Of course, one could argue that beating up on Microsoft was like kicking the **** of some old wrestler coming back from his third attempt at retirement, while Verizon still has a future in WCIA competition.

The past is the past. All that matters today is your vote.

VOTING FOR THIS POLL IS NOW CLOSED. CONGRATULATIONS TO AT&T FOR MOVING ON TO THE NEXT ROUND!

Which Company Is Worse? (Poll Closed)

AT&T 54.02%

Apple 45.98%

This is a post in our Worst Company In America 2013 series. The companies competing for this honor were chosen by you, the readers. See the entire WCIA 2013 bracket HERE.

03-30-13 07:38 AM
    I don't know how much stock I put into this leak. There are a couple of things that don't make sense. First is the fact that there doesn't seem to be any lower end devices on there and second, if this was truly an internal BlackBerry document showing quarterly road map, wouldn't it read 2014 as that is the fiscal year they are now in?

Posted via CB10
    Nobody has every stated that the Z10 and Q10 are the top tier devices. In fact, TH has said there is "something exciting" for the holiday season. If we keep in mind that BBRY wants to avoid fragmentation it seems likely that they will take a page from apples approach and bring in a new top tier and let the bottom tier fall away.
    03-30-13 08:59 AM
    Not sure if it's been discussed or I just missed it. Went thru a number of pages of posts mind you to catch up.

Anyway, the volume between the two brokers I use does not match ( BB in TSX ). I noticed that TDW has a higher volume 19.3Million shares vs. 12.3Million shares Scotia Itrade reported ( last traded at $15.09 for both ). I have confirmed that as I am looking at it right now as I type.

I thought it could just be an error on Thursday's closing with all the vol., etc. and it would be adjusted by TDW accordingly. I'm not sure if this is related to the 14.66 * closing TDW is using to calculate your total $. Weird??

BTW, yahoo reports the same vol. as with Scotia so, what gives.

Well Would you look at that
    I did much better on iTRADE than I did on TDWaterhouse
    This is one screwed up stock

Attachment 144908
    03-30-13 10:54 AM
    Nobody has every stated that the Z10 and Q10 are the top tier devices. In fact, TH has said there is "something exciting" for the holiday season. If we keep in mind that BBRY wants to avoid fragmentation it seems likely that they will take a page from apples approach and bring in a new top tier and let the bottom tier fall away.
    TH did in fact state that there will be lower end devices for near the end of the fiscal year. The road map leaked doesn't represent that.

Posted via CB10
    03-30-13 11:20 AM
    Skipping on the lower-end phone models will build stronger blackberry brand
    03-30-13 11:40 AM
    Lower end devices will help certain individuals transition from dumb phones to smart phones. Even BMW recognized the need/market for the 1 series. .

Posted via CB10
    Acumenight likes this.
    03-30-13 12:12 PM
    And by doing so would alienate the the massive market that has been supporting BlackBerry for the last few years. In some of those areas, BlackBerry is a brand that is stronger than Apple is in North America.

Posted via CB10
    03-30-13 12:16 PM
    They're probably hoping on licensing deal to produce the lower end BB10 phones with specs similar to the original Playbook.
    03-30-13 12:19 PM
    Wow!. This guy is dead on and a terrific endorsement for BB. Nothing beats BB's security ! Great interview and should give our US audience time to digest this over the weekend. Interesting weeks coming ahead.

Also he should have added in the end, " teens if you don't want your friends listening to your conversation, switch to the new Z10 if you haven't done so. you got the cool factor, same capabilities plus the added security for the same price as the other gadgets.." LoL!

Anyway, thanks to sunbuster for this great find.

Android Phones Face Biggest Risk from Cyber Attack? | Fox Business Video
    03-30-13 12:41 PM
    Wow!. This guy is dead on and a terrific endorsement for BB. Nothing beats BB's security ! Great interview and should give our US audience time to digest this over the weekend. Interesting weeks coming ahead.

Also he should have added in the end, " teens if you don't want your friends listening to your conversation, switch to the new Z10 if you haven't done so. you got the cool factor, same capabilities plus the added security for the same price as the other gadgets.." LoL!

Owned. Hope this video gets the attention it deserves
    Charles Martin1 and bungaboy like this.
    03-30-13 12:51 PM
    Owned. Hope this video gets the attention it deserves
    Can't believe the chick doing the interview, wanted to reach through the screen! Then the guy totally shot her down which was great! Bbry should hire this guy.
    03-30-13 01:06 PM
    Plus loved it when he said 23 percent of android apps were basically malware.
    03-30-13 01:07 PM

Well, that's what happens when all you want is as many apps as possible...careless morons.
    bungaboy and La Emperor like this.
    03-30-13 01:07 PM
    Can't believe the chick doing the interview, wanted to reach through the screen! Then the guy totally shot her down which was great! Bbry should hire this guy.
    BlackBerry does a lot of work with Trend Micro.
    bungaboy likes this.
    03-30-13 01:11 PM
    Ignore Market Trepidation, the Blackberry Redux Is Working

"...this may be one of the last chances to buy at fundamentally cheap prices before the market at large determines BlackBerry to have returned to growth."
    03-30-13 01:14 PM
    It will be interesting Monday. The TSX is open but the NASDAQ is closed... I've been seeing a large abundance of positive coverage. Hope this is the beginning of what is to become a slow but steady up-trend.
    bungaboy likes this.
    03-30-13 01:50 PM
    03-30-13 02:02 PM
    Agree with everyone...what a wonderful feeling it is being right.

I almost ( not at all really) feel sorry for all those overpaid under achieving loser ANALysts...yeah I'm looking at you Canaccord and Pac Crest.

Posted via CB10
    03-30-13 02:08 PM
    Where has everybody gone lol
    03-30-13 04:23 PM
113,256 ... 548549550551552 ...