View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    What are you drinking? Tonight I'm going lite beer. Really serves no purpose when I drink one after another. lol. Only on the weekends though.
    Crown Royal Reserve...it's got 35 O's in smoooooth
    03-28-13 10:25 PM
    No offence on the Obama thing either...just having some fun.
    03-28-13 10:27 PM
    15.09 on iTrade (Scotia)
    14.47 on NASDAQ
    15.09 on iTrade (Scotia)
    Mine says says 14.66* with this stupid star next to it
    DragonFlyer likes this.
    I think he means that his shares were bought on the TSX, and if the CAD drops in value, then the BB stock price on the TSX will climb (and/or the BBRY price on NASDAQ will fall) to keep things in balance. If that were not the case, people could be buying on TSX and selling on NASDAQ and pocketing the difference. If I've got the direction right... Anyway, unless my understanding of this stuff (arbitrage) is flawed, this actually does happen in some small fashion, and exactly enough to drive the price on the TSX up slightly to balance things out.

So if that's true, the value of his holdings would increase, would they not?
    Not really.. you buy on the TSX for 17.00 cdn a share and in the mean time the Cdn dollar goes down relative to the USA dollar and you then sell the share for Cdn 17.00 you have no loss except your 17.00 in your pocket is worth less USA dollars.

You buy 17.00 on the US exchange in USA dollars and the Cdn currency goes down relative to the USA dollar and you sell it on the same exchange for 17.00 , you have no gain BUT you now have 17.00 USA dollars which could be worth 19.00 cdn dollars.

So if you buy stocks or have money in a USA account and the CDN dollar goes down then automatically you will make a gain when you exchange back to Cdn funds.
    03-28-13 10:30 PM
    Crown Royal Reserve...it's got 35 O's in smoooooth
    Oh man, I love Crown Royal. I am not a Scotch drinker but loved Johnny Walker Blue Label. Smooth.
    Shanerredflag likes this.
    03-28-13 10:30 PM
    14.47 on NASDAQ
    14.45 on rbc

Posted via CB10 on a BLACK Z10!
    lcjr likes this.
    03-28-13 10:32 PM
    Glad to see you're still here!! Yes! Check out Occidental. Its a major oil supply company that's right down the road from my sister's house outside Oklahoma City. This company supplies all the pipelines and other mandatory supplies. Nothing happens in the oil business without these guys. You can buy up stock cheap right now, but later you won't be able to even look at these.
    Be careful. There are a lot of things at play here. Politics are always playing a big part in this, which is never good. The environmentalists (not that there is anything wrong with them) are becoming louder and stronger. In Canada the native Canadians are always causing problems for the oil companies. I don't know if the native Americans yield the same power. When the supply of oil goes up, the price goes down. Alberta is experiencing this right now. It looks like a new super refinery has been given the go ahead in Alberta which means a lot more gas at the pumps. Make sure you do your homework. I think it is good for the country. As far as the stock market, there will be money made and lost on this.
    03-28-13 10:33 PM
    14.45 on rbc

Im talking about the TSX
    03-28-13 10:34 PM
    Mine says says 14.66* with this stupid star next to it
    Not sure whay that is? Here is a snipp it:

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-bb-today.png
    DragonFlyer likes this.
    03-28-13 10:35 PM
    14.45 on rbc

Man! No wonder this stock is so volatile, they can't even figure out the actual SP value. lol
    03-28-13 10:36 PM
    RESEARCH IN MOTION LTDBB 1,472 $14.66* i don't get it
    03-28-13 10:38 PM
    Be careful. There are a lot of things at play here. Politics are always playing a big part in this, which is never good. The environmentalists (not that there is anything wrong with them) are becoming louder and stronger. In Canada the native Canadians are always causing problems for the oil companies. I don't know if the native Americans yield the same power. When the supply of oil goes up, the price goes down. Alberta is experiencing this right now. It looks like a new super refinery has been given the go ahead in Alberta which means a lot more gas at the pumps. Make sure you do your homework. I think it is good for the country. As far as the stock market, there will be money made and lost on this.
    Very true. But this will be utilized for other purposes which I could care less about. I would only care about the SP, which will go up like before the mid 80s. Not saying it will last, but it will last long enough for me to take advantage of it, much like how I'm with BBRY right now.
    03-28-13 10:39 PM
    Before I get lynched, the only other play I have in that snipp-it is SPP, the other's are for info only lol.
    03-28-13 10:40 PM
    So what's going on in the market....

back in November when the price was still in single digits, the shorts were calling RIM DOA and the bulls where saying two more bad ERs before they turn it around. The Q3 ER came out and was "less bad" then expected, now the Q4 has come out "less bad" then expected (by a fairly large margin) and everyone is scratching their collective noggins wondering what to do.

its almost like the market is locked in some kind of do-loop where the shorts are now at a point where some are borrowing from Paul to pay Peter (to turn an phase). Increasing short interest when a stock is on the way down is logical enough - lf people were making money at it word would get around (probably in a forum thread similar to this one). But really, shorting a company with no debt that is turning a profit? That's the sort of thing that you would only do if a) you didn't know what you were doing and were "just following the crowd" or b) you were trying to cover your loses by borrowing an ever increasing # of shares to repay previous lenders.

Date Short Interest closing price
    3/15/2013 155,005,574 14.99
    12/14/2012 119,621,568 14.04
    9/14/2012 82,637,081 7.56
    6/15/2012 73,419,586 10.89
    3/15/2012 60,317,337 13.45
    Read more: Research In Motion Limited (BBRY) Short Interest - NASDAQ.com

With the SP rising it seems inevitable that the number of shares available to short will decrease as shares get bought by institutions or deposited into protected accounts (I'm looking at you Kevin O'Leary et al.) and the repeated appearance of "less bad" ERs, will accelerate that process.

We need to remember that there are still people out there, holding common stock, that paid high double or low triple digits per share and loaned them out. They aren't going to be calling them in until BBRY can grab some mindshare and get that logo some shine back. This ride is far from over and the truly long will profit the most. I'm green down to the single digits with my shares protected so I'll just sit back and watch this slow motion train wreck (for the shorts) play out.

and for what its worth, the $100 party should be in Waterloo. Maybe we could get CBK to fly over and score us a tour of the facilities at Blackberry.
    03-28-13 10:43 PM
    Before I get lynched, the only other play I have in that snipp-it is SPP, the other's are for info only lol.
    Yep, I'm done now. I'm going to research BBRY and my strategy for next week and the week after.
    03-28-13 10:45 PM
    RESEARCH IN MOTION LTDBB 1,472 $14.66* i don't get it
    Sorry ...not sure why that is? I deal with Royal for everything other than investments (long story)...but thats what my iTrade is showing.
    03-28-13 10:45 PM
    Oh, I would love a tour of the BB HQ facility.
    03-28-13 10:48 PM
    what with td waterhouse shows my bbry shares are now at 14.66
    Something really wierd happened today at close. At 3:59:30 my chart went to 16.00 At 4:00:30 it went to 14.45
    I posted the chart on this thread if you want to hunt it down to take a look. I would have popsted it between 4:00 and 4:30
    I've seen this happen in after hours, but I have never seen this happen before the close.
    03-28-13 10:52 PM
    For research (I already did mine), check out the top 5 US (only US) oil companies and the top 3 US oil supply/maintenance companies and see where they are now compared to where they will be two years from now. Did I give the timeline away? Big conspiracy theory about how Pres Obama will use this play and a few others to get a third term.
    Isnt there some big new fields in the Dakotas? Which companies are heavy in there?
    Well, I'm out for the night my friends. Have to get up tomorrow and make a long trip. Everyone take care and be safe.
    Sorry ...not sure why that is? I deal with Royal for everything other than investments (long story)...but thats what my iTrade is showing.
    Just curious to know if anyone else was having this issue, just weird and kinda interested to know why lol thanks
    So what's going on in the market....

back in November when the price was still in single digits, the shorts were calling RIM DOA and the bulls where saying two more bad ERs before they turn it around. The Q3 ER came out and was "less bad" then expected, now the Q4 has come out "less bad" then expected (by a fairly large margin) and everyone is scratching their collective noggins wondering what to do.

its almost like the market is locked in some kind of do-loop where the shorts are now at a point where some are borrowing from Paul to pay Peter (to turn an phase). Increasing short interest when a stock is on the way down is logical enough - lf people were making money at it word would get around (probably in a forum thread similar to this one). But really, shorting a company with no debt that is turning a profit? That's the sort of thing that you would only do if a) you didn't know what you were doing and were "just following the crowd" or b) you were trying to cover your loses by borrowing an ever increasing # of shares to repay previous lenders.

Date Short Interest closing price
    3/15/2013 155,005,574 14.99
    12/14/2012 119,621,568 14.04
    9/14/2012 82,637,081 7.56
    6/15/2012 73,419,586 10.89
    3/15/2012 60,317,337 13.45
    Read more: Research In Motion Limited (BBRY) Short Interest - NASDAQ.com

With the SP rising it seems inevitable that the number of shares available to short will decrease as shares get bought by institutions or deposited into protected accounts (I'm looking at you Kevin O'Leary et al.) and the repeated appearance of "less bad" ERs, will accelerate that process.

We need to remember that there are still people out there, holding common stock, that paid high double or low triple digits per share and loaned them out. They aren't going to be calling them in until BBRY can grab some mindshare and get that logo some shine back. This ride is far from over and the truly long will profit the most. I'm green down to the single digits so I'll just sit back and watch this slow motion train wreck for the shorts play out.

and for what its worth, the $100 party should be in Waterloo. Maybe we could get CBK to fly over and score us a tour of the facilities at Blackberry.
    Very well said..thank you. (I love the Mr. Wonderful analogy )?

Question...how do you see this playing out?
    03-28-13 10:53 PM
    Isnt there some big new fields in the Dakotas? Which companies are heavy in there?
    Look at the top oil companies. They have business in every state and overseas. XOM, CVX, RDS.B, and OXY. These are my top picks.
    Shanerredflag and DragonFlyer like this.
    03-28-13 10:55 PM
    Just curious to know if anyone else was having this issue, just weird and kinda interested to know why lol thanks
    yeah Mike, same for everyone. go back to the 4-4:30 posts and you can read all about it, its something to do with a market-at-close practice on the TSX.

night all.
    03-28-13 10:56 PM
113,256 ... 542543544545546 ...