View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Ok, but don't close your mind when you hear what it is. Listen to why and then think about it.
    Mmm hhhmmmm...

Posted via CB10 on a BLACK Z10!
    03-28-13 09:38 PM
    Ok, but don't close your mind when you hear what it is. Listen to why and then think about it.
    If it is that far out you can pm it, if you don't want to post it

03-28-13 09:41 PM
    Almost, it would be $15.75

That's what I meant..... Kinda.... Sorta...
    03-28-13 09:41 PM
    The USA has been barely touching it's own oil reserves since the early 80's. We prefer to purchase from other countries and help use up their resources. Now, even the sheiks in Saudi are investing in other ventures instead of oil. That's on-line right now. So, in the very near future the USA will start pumping out our own oil, which we have TONS of. Not just the oil companies are going to take off, but companies that supply the materials and supplies are going to see new revenues. Share prices will be at all time highs real quick. I'm already looking at Chevron, Exxon, and Occidental.
    Shanerredflag likes this.
    03-28-13 09:42 PM
    But let's say I purchased on TSX when the currencies are at par, and then the Canadian dollar goes down 5%, the stock will be 15.05 on the TSX, when it is at 15.00 on Nasdaq.

Yes, I am in Ontario, but the exchange rate doesn't make any difference to my other businesses.
    Wrong Tsx would be 15.75
    Your idea is right though.
    03-28-13 09:45 PM
    The USA has been barely touching it's own oil reserves since the early 80's. We prefer to purchase from other countries and help use up their resources. Now, even the sheiks in Saudi are investing in other ventures instead of oil. That's on-line right now. So, in the very near future the USA will start pumping out our own oil, which we have TONS of. Not just the oil companies are going to take off, but companies that supply the materials and supplies are going to see new revenues. Share prices will be at all time highs real quick. I'm already looking at Chevron, Exxon, and Occidental.
    True this!!

Two words though (which are worth nothing other than to me 

Klondike syndrome ...that’s not a dig...KS is an analogy where the only people that made steady real money in the gold rush were those that sold the supplies (pick axes, shovels, blankets etc.).

That’s where you'll find the gold...I'm looking too. Want to find a nice small service company with some new tech that can ride that pony for all it's worth.
    03-28-13 09:51 PM
    Ha! I thought it would be either you or Shane that took the hook. If you are interested in hearing it I'll share, if not I won't bore you. lol
    Definitely share
    It's instant. Once you make a sell you have the cash to buy again.
    Not necessarily. I believe they hold back some of the earnings one business day. Or at least thats what they did when I sold my shares and tried to rebuy on the same day.

I have immediate access to my funds as soon as I make a sale in all my accounts on itrade. In my cash account I have access to over $60,000 that I don't have on hand. I don't know why I have access to these funds, but I do know it has to be replenished by the end of trading day. I learned that the hard way. I guess I'm supposed to use it for day trading, but that's not my thing.
    lol, it sounds like you're talking about a margin.
    Yes, and rebounding us economy will amplify the rise.

03-28-13 09:53 PM
    True this!!

Two words though (which are worth nothing other than to me 

Klondike syndrome ...that’s not a dig...KS is an analogy where the only people that made steady real money in the gold rush were those that sold the supplies (pick axes, shovels, blankets etc.).

That’s where you'll find the gold...I'm looking too. Want to find a nice small service company with some new tech that can ride that pony for all it's worth.
    Glad to see you're still here!! Yes! Check out Occidental. Its a major oil supply company that's right down the road from my sister's house outside Oklahoma City. This company supplies all the pipelines and other mandatory supplies. Nothing happens in the oil business without these guys. You can buy up stock cheap right now, but later you won't be able to even look at these.
    03-28-13 09:54 PM
    Not necessarily. I believe they hold back some of the earnings one business day. Or at least thats what they did when I sold my shares and tried to rebuy on the same day.
    Perhaps if your new I think...I know mine is sell this seond buy the next. If you want cash that takes aprox three days though.
    03-28-13 09:54 PM
    Good news for everyone is that gas prices will drop due to virtual unlimited resources.
    Shanerredflag and DragonFlyer like this.
    03-28-13 09:56 PM
    Glad to see you're still here!! Yes! Check out Occidental. Its a major oil supply company that's right down the road from my sister's house outside Oklahoma City. This company supplies all the pipelines and other mandatory supplies. Nothing happens in the oil business without these guys. You can buy up stock cheap right now, but later you won't be able to even look at these.
    Thank you for the tip...now I have weekend home work too ...but this is the fun kind.

Funny story...we were fishing in Alaska and the girl who was chartering us was talking about going to work the shale oil plays when the season ended...this was five years ago! Should have paid more attention lol.
    lcjr likes this.
    03-28-13 09:57 PM
    Well, technically trades take about 4 days to clear, so if you were trading frequently you could end up spending cash you don't really have

03-28-13 09:57 PM
    Thank you for the tip...now I have weekend home work too ...but this is the fun kind.

Funny story...we were fishing in Alaska and the girl who was chartering us was talking about going to work the shale oil plays when the season ended...this was five years ago! Should have paid more attention lol.
    For research (I already did mine), check out the top 5 US (only US) oil companies and the top 3 US oil supply/maintenance companies and see where they are now compared to where they will be two years from now. Did I give the timeline away? Big conspiracy theory about how Pres Obama will use this play and a few others to get a third term.
    Shanerredflag and Bugmapper like this.
    03-28-13 10:02 PM
    Question if someone would be so kind:
    Did anyone ask TH about the portable computer scenario he was hinting at? If yes how did he respond?
    03-28-13 10:03 PM
    For research (I already did mine), check out the top 5 US (only US) oil companies and the top 3 US oil supply/maintenance companies and see where they are now compared to where they will be two years from now. Did I give the timeline away? Big conspiracy theory about how Pres Obama will use this play and a few others to get a third term.
    Thank you sir.
    03-28-13 10:05 PM
    how Pres Obama will use this play and a few others to get a third term.
    LOL...unfair...I've been drinking...third term. I was like yeah, ...what?
    DragonFlyer likes this.
    03-28-13 10:08 PM
    No, I'm serious. He's already getting legislation ready to submit, but it's too soon. He'll be the first to get it and hold it. But he has to have the key and this oil boom which will create economy, plus lower gas prices world wide will be one key.
    03-28-13 10:14 PM
    Man, for a second I thought you meant cashing in on the impending legalization of marijuana... probably as profitable though.

Posted via CB10
    Shanerredflag and DragonFlyer like this.
    03-28-13 10:19 PM
    what with td waterhouse shows my bbry shares are now at 14.66
    03-28-13 10:20 PM
    What are you drinking? Tonight I'm going lite beer. Really serves no purpose when I drink one after another. lol. Only on the weekends though.
    03-28-13 10:20 PM
    No, I'm serious. He's already getting legislation ready to submit, but it's too soon. He'll be the first to get it and hold it. But he has to have the key and this oil boom which will create economy, plus lower gas prices world wide will be one key.
    Hahaha...he can't pass gas (punny eh) little lone that lol
    lcjr likes this.
    03-28-13 10:21 PM
    Man, for a second I thought you meant cashing in on the impending legalization of marijuana... probably as profitable though.

That's another disaster. Some states say it's legal but the government still says it's not. You get caught with it and get charges against you they are serious federal charges now. Also, the government is cutting off some bennies from those states. Won't be long now...

Posted via CB10
    03-28-13 10:23 PM
    what with td waterhouse shows my bbry shares are now at 14.66
    15.09 on iTrade (Scotia)
    03-28-13 10:24 PM
113,252 ... 541542543544545 ...