View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Oleary just gave Z10 a huge plug...great guy!
    LINK me up brah

Posted via CB10
    03-28-13 04:46 PM
    That is a very vague way of answering this question I don't think any of has has the answer to that, that was a pretty large gap that was filled at the end there really weird thing that happened
    What was it? 50 cents??? I must be misunderstanding your question.
    03-28-13 04:46 PM
    Anyone else buy more shares today, I did and lowered my average to 14.77 on the TSX
    Bought around 800 more today, but my average is still above 15.00 TSX.
    lcjr likes this.
    03-28-13 04:49 PM
    Going back to the chart, I realized that the difference came about in the last 2 minutes.
    Can someone please explain how this 'adjustment' came about?
    It's not an "adjustment". It was just a trade... a given trade happens in one market or the other, not both simultaneously. For whatever reason, and I doubt anyone knows yet, this particular trade seems to have been at a 2% premium over the market price. It happened on the TSX and not on the NASDAQ, and was apparently so late in the day that there wasn't time for a reaction to it (i.e. other trades).

My theory is it relates somehow to the end of the calendar quarter, since there won't be any more trading now until April, but that's wild speculation. It could also just have been a $23,000 mistake made, coincidentally, in the final minute of trading.

Nothing to do with exchange rates.

In fact, on any given day where there's a lot of volume and volatility, it should be quite possible for one market to close notably different from the other, beyond what the exchange rates would imply, because they're handling different trades, and there's no direct mechanism to keep them synchronized.
    03-28-13 04:50 PM
    The ER held a mixed bag. Some good and some bad.

The stock went up with the anticipation of good news but as reality set in, it dropped back to where it started. The ER did not really change anything.

Everyone needs to be thankful that there was not really bad news as it could have been much worst. You people who insist on being in for the long term will always have to roll with the punches. I just can't do that anymore as I feel a lack of control.

The next factor would be how well the Verizon and T-Mo sales go. Time will tell.
    I think ER was good if BB wanted to make it look good. 2 out of 3 important things were bullish, last 3 quarter in a row beat estimates including today, cash is up and subscribers down. If other CEO or company was in BB's place they would have kept talking about profit and cash instead of defending subscribers. For e.g. CNBC kept talking about subscribers to TH and TH kept defending. Instead he should have fired back saying that look we are in transition and we beat the estimate and we are not bankrupt as you analysts said earlier. As I said earlier TH is good CEO but worse communicator. He brought down shares when he opens his mouth. I said yesterday that all will be good except CEO's communication and shorts negative spin..guess I got that one right.
    03-28-13 04:53 PM
    It's not an "adjustment". It was just a trade... a given trade happens in one market or the other, not both simultaneously. For whatever reason, and I doubt anyone knows yet, this particular trade seems to have been at a 2% premium over the market price. It happened on the TSX and not on the NASDAQ, and was apparently so late in the day that there wasn't time for a reaction to it (i.e. other trades).

My theory is it relates somehow to the end of the calendar quarter, since there won't be any more trading now until April, but that's wild speculation. It could also just have been a $23,000 mistake made, coincidentally, in the final minute of trading.

In fact, on any given day where there's a lot of volume and volatility, it should be quite possible for one market to close notably different from the other, beyond what the exchange rates would imply, because they're handling different trades, and there's no direct mechanism to keep them synchronized.
    Ahhh...Sorry, I misunderstood. Cheers
    03-28-13 04:56 PM
    I think ER was good if BB wanted to make it look good. 2 out of 3 important things were bullish, last 3 quarter in a row beat estimates including today, cash is up and subscribers down. If other CEO or company was in BB's place they would have kept talking about profit and cash instead of defending subscribers. For e.g. CNBC kept talking about subscribers to TH and TH kept defending. Instead he should have fired back saying that look we are in transition and we beat the estimate and we are not bankrupt as you analysts said earlier. As I said earlier TH is good CEO but worse communicator. He brought down shares when he opens his mouth. I said yesterday that all will be good except CEO's communication and shorts negative spin..guess I got that one right.

Bang on!
    Markymark 23 likes this.
    03-28-13 04:58 PM
    LINK me up brah

Posted via CB10
    The Lang and Oleary Exchange on CBC
    03-28-13 04:59 PM
    Did I read something sounding like "disaster" ?
    Oh, must have been quoted somewhere ...
    $14.40 or such. Ok, no fireworks ... but maybe some begin to understand what long haul means ... "not on or two quarters but 5 to 10 years".
    In Thorsten I trust.

P.S : f-i-f-t-y-f-i-v-e ... more than half ... OMG this is
    Good nite CrazyBerrians !
    03-28-13 05:01 PM
    Did I read something sounding like "disaster" ?
    Oh, must have been quoted somewhere ...
    $14.40 or such. Ok, no fireworks ... but maybe some begin to understand what long haul means ... "not on or two quarters but 5 to 10 years".
    In Thorsten I trust.

P.S : f-i-f-t-y-f-i-v-e ... more than half ... OMG this is
    Good nite CrazyBerrians !

Far from disaster...I'm thinking that this gentleman must have been intoxicated.
    Superfly_FR and lcjr like this.
    03-28-13 05:03 PM

Thanks!
    Makes sense. Except for the one who placed the $23,000 trade
    bungaboy likes this.
    03-28-13 05:04 PM
    Alright i'm out have a great weekend.

I leave you with......

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-2013-03-28-15.04.13.png

Posted via CB10
    jhill396 and bungaboy like this.
    03-28-13 05:05 PM
    14.49 EOD, Max Pain. How can they steer with 100M volume?
    Hey Thunder, since things didn't go as planned today, are you sticking around a bit longer now?
    03-28-13 05:06 PM
    Oh, interesting... I missed this two pages above, but silversun10 maybe gave us the reason for the 2% jump. He said "markets on close, it happens every day in Toronto" [i.e. on the TSX] and linked to Market On Close | TMX Group

Here's another page Market on Close Order - What Does It Mean? and here's another Market on Close Order - What Does It Mean?

I have to confess, however, that I don't see how that explains it. From what I've just read, "market on close" orders are by definition made at the market price, as close to the end of the day as possible. If the market price in question is the price at the time of the trade, then it should never jump 2% instantly like that, should it?

To the experts (or silversun10, if you'd care to elaborate on this): is the "market on close" mechanism the likely reason for this?
    03-28-13 05:06 PM
    Far from disaster...I'm thinking that this gentleman must have been intoxicated.
    If you had easy access to the quality of wine that that gentleman drinks (and shares generously, I should add) you would be intoxicated right now too!
    03-28-13 05:08 PM
    off topic...but...very thankful to have found this forum.
    Tis an isolating life as a SAHM-trader and being able to
    vent/share in experiences has been cathartic to say the least.
    My husband can only tolerate so much stock-talk in an evening. lol
    Sometimes I think this thread has saved my marriage. I can sit here with my wife while she enjoys her Dr. Phil and Dr. Oz and still talk stock via my playbook without interupting her show.
    What is SAHM?
    03-28-13 05:11 PM
    Bought around 800 more today, but my average is still above 15.00 TSX.
    My average is $15.03 precisely. I'm quite happy with that.
    03-28-13 05:14 PM
    Sometimes I think this thread has saved my marriage. I can sit here with my wife while she enjoys her Dr. Phil and Dr. Oz and still talk stock via my playbook without interupting her show.
    hat is SAHM?
    Stay-at-home-mom
    Trades between potty training and housework lol
    erodenero, jxnb, peter9477 and 3 others like this.
    03-28-13 05:16 PM
    If you had easy access to the quality of wine that that gentleman drinks (and shares generously, I should add) you would be intoxicated right now too!
    LOL Peter, I believe Martin was talking about the Jsomething guy ranting a few pages before. I tried myself to be ironic here
    And, Mister, you are very welcome anytime to share some more drinks; whatever the quantity: good quality won't kill ... never !

P.S: Gentleman ... I love this word, thanks for that.
    bungaboy likes this.
    03-28-13 05:19 PM
    Stay-at-home-mom
    Trades between potty training and housework lol
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-working-mom.jpg

Ah yes I get the picture now.
    lcjr and bungaboy like this.
    03-28-13 05:22 PM
    Oh, you missed plenty of excitement!

Yep +1. I want to see these manipulators in JAIL! And not American jails, but the ones in Guantanamo Bay.
    Cellmate = Dude
    03-28-13 05:26 PM
    Oh, interesting... I missed this two pages above, but silversun10 maybe gave us the reason for the 2% jump. He said "markets on close, it happens every day in Toronto" [i.e. on the TSX] and linked to Market On Close | TMX Group

Here's another page Market on Close Order - What Does It Mean? and here's another Market on Close Order - What Does It Mean?

I have to confess, however, that I don't see how that explains it. From what I've just read, "market on close" orders are by definition made at the market price, as close to the end of the day as possible. If the market price in question is the price at the time of the trade, then it should never jump 2% instantly like that, should it?

To the experts (or silversun10, if you'd care to elaborate on this): is the "market on close" mechanism the likely reason for this?
    I couldn't understand much from it either !
    Am sure there is a logical explanation. Also, does this imply that the difference will certainly be covered up when the markets open again? So, for example, if the SP on Nas at the time of opening is the same as the close today, the price on TSX is sure to go down, to make up for the difference that has been created today?
    03-28-13 05:27 PM
    Cellmate = Dude
    LOL where is dude, he should be gloating a bit dont u think?
    lcjr and bungaboy like this.
    03-28-13 05:32 PM
    My average is $15.03 precisely. I'm quite happy with that.
    I think it isn't a bad price to be at, especially after today's ER.
    My price would have been a lot lower if TD hadn't screwed up in opening the trading account. I had funds sitting there, waiting for me to pull the trigger, but they wasted too much time, and the SP rose quite a bit in the meantime.
    I did pick up around 800 shares at around 13.50 TSX from another account I had, and it has made some difference to my average.
    Right now, I think I will go for the same strategy that you have been talking about, to be able to buy more at the dips.
    lcjr likes this.
    03-28-13 05:35 PM
    Finally done work...holy cow, 16 pages since this morning’s call. I may go back and read it all but most everything has likely been said.
    I just want to add: To everyone that had the foresight to take a risk on BB / BBRY and NOT panic , you did an outstanding job! You all deserve huge kudos for being original independent thinkers, not falling over the negative cliff is hard to stomach but you all did it...well done!!
    You can also rest assured there are some pretty long faces sitting in some pretty late meeting tonight...with homework for the Easter weekend...and it isn’t us LOL. IMO they basically traded positions with each other today...in out, in out all day long trying to drop this stock...they failed....this is huge for us...HUGE.

You will be rewarded but this isn't going to come fast...like SuperFly_FR say's....patients my baby, patience.

Now here is a song for the late meeting crowd in the short dept:
    03-28-13 05:37 PM
113,256 ... 536537538539540 ...