View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    I'm naturally seething with anger at how the stock price had tanked given the largely positive ER,

As for today, the CEO went through his talking points, but he was vague and evasive in his answers to very specific and fair questions.

I could go and on, but let me just finish that I'm mostly angry at myself for not doing more due diligence and betting on a stock of such a poorly ran company. I really want them to do well, and my own money is riding on it, but I'm not exactly feeling warm and fuzzy about holding this dead stock right now.

Excuse me now while I throw up a bit...
    My thoughts on your post:

I don't think it's natural to seeth with anger. Particularly in this context.

First paragraph:
    I was also uncomfortable with the earnings call. They did dance around virtually everything and when they did give answers they were very vague. Not sure if it was lack of preparation or if they actually don't have the answers. The latter would be more concerning imo. I don't ever want to hear an ER which contains "kinda" ever again, unless its from Tim Cook.

Second Paragraph:
    Perhaps you didn't complete your own due diligence. I don't know. However, you would have a really difficult time showing this management team as being incompetent. The previous one...maybe, but this one has clearly turned things around and stabilized it very well for the next stages of growth.

Welcome to the thread and I hope you use this time to complete whichever due diligence you skipped over
    Acumenight, bungaboy and LuckyJP like this.
    03-28-13 04:07 PM
    For those who argue today's market activity was dismal or depressing I would suggest that you go back into BBRY's recent quarterly reporting history for some context. For those that are long BBRY you can take today's lack of a 20% drop as a positive sign. For those who are short, not so much.
    03-28-13 04:08 PM
    I have a few comments about today's disastrous day for us BBRY shareholders, so please indulge me.

I'm naturally seething with anger at how the stock price had tanked given the largely positive ER, but I'm not entirely sure that it would be logical to blame the system (shorting billions worth of this stock), or the media.

Instead, I'm afraid that I am blaming the company itself for having incompetent management and lack of any substantial PR efforts. I think it goes without saying that last week's US launch of the Z10 was a fiasco. Sure, we could blame AT&T for not promoting the phone enough, but I think ultimately it was Blackberry that blew it big time with not committing enough resources to marketing their crucial new product. I mean seriously, how can they be so nonchalant with launching a do-or-die product for them in arguably the most important (or at least highest profile) market? We all know how the market responded to this half-assed effort. I don't think the media had to exaggerate much that it was in fact a poorly handled launch.

As for today, the CEO went through his talking points, but he was vague and evasive in his answers to very specific and fair questions. I mean in a situation where there is a lot of mistrust for a company that failed to maintain their market share, took their sweet time innovating while other companies ran circles around them (and stealing huge chunks of their customers), you can't really expect the investors at large to have a lot of confidence. I frankly didn't see anything from TH that was truly inspiring to entice a large number of investors, many of whom got burned by RIM in the recent years, to come back.

I could go and on, but let me just finish that I'm mostly angry at myself for not doing more due diligence and betting on a stock of such a poorly ran company. I really want them to do well, and my own money is riding on it, but I'm not exactly feeling warm and fuzzy about holding this dead stock right now.

Excuse me now while I throw up a bit...
    I will just choose to ignore this for now. Emotions are high. I will respond at a later time this weekend.
    GO LEAFS GO!
    03-28-13 04:09 PM
    For those who argue today's market activity was dismal or depressing I would suggest that you go back into BBRY's recent quarterly reporting history for some context. For those that are long BBRY you can take today's lack of a 20% drop as a positive sign. For those who are short, not so much.
    So true. I do hate the stock market though. Maybe in a year I will love it. 50 a share anyone?

BlackBerry Z10-Go Leafs Go
    Shanerredflag and bungaboy like this.
    03-28-13 04:14 PM
    Man, I missed out on everyone's comments today due to unexpected marathon meetings. Luckily I saw what the SP was doing so I wasn't caught off guard and missed my opportunity. I have to say though that some of the reactions here are a bit surprising, from those I have had a chance to read. Personally, I think we are A-OK for now. I'm not out any more money than I was yesterday and the future looks bright. We just didn't get the fireworks we were hoping for. Well, I better not ramble on because I'm sure this was all covered earlier today. Looking forward to my evening beer in another hour.
    03-28-13 04:18 PM
    I've been seeing this on my screen for a week now, ha ha

LuckyJP

CrackBerry User

This message is hidden because LuckyJP is on your ignore list.

View Post.

Remove user from ignore list
    DragonFlyer and Superfly_FR like this.
    03-28-13 04:21 PM
    I will hold. Biggest owner of BBRY, Prem Watsa's average share price is $17. I don't think he wants to buy another 26m shares to reduce his ASP if share price goes down. So if he with biggest stake does not sell, I will also hold.
    This!
    Our average is 18.62 - some of this weight came from my husband's
    stock sitting for more than a year when he bought in at $27.
    Thankfully we were able to offset that with a buy in at $14 and change. Now we wait, easy to
    say eh.
    03-28-13 04:26 PM
    I know this has been mentioned a few times here, but I still fail to understand the difference between the closing price on Nasdaq and TSX.
    I have been following the stock since 7.30 am EST ( yes ), and the difference all day has been 24 cents. At the end of the day, when i saw the difference, I was scratching my head, and checked the forex rates to see if something totally absurd had happened with the Canadian $.
    Going back to the chart, I realized that the difference came about in the last 2 minutes.
    Can someone please explain how this 'adjustment' came about?
    Also, more importantly, how will this reflect when the markets open again for trading?
    03-28-13 04:28 PM
    I know this has been mentioned a few times here, but I still fail to understand the difference between the closing price on Nasdaq and TSX.
    I have been following the stock since 7.30 am EST ( yes ), and the difference all day has been 24 cents. At the end of the day, when i saw the difference, I was scratching my head, and checked the forex rates to see if something totally absurd had happened with the Canadian $.
    Going back to the chart, I realized that the difference came about in the last 2 minutes.
    Can someone please explain how this 'adjustment' came about?
    Also, more importantly, how will this reflect when the markets open again for trading?
    It's only the exchange rate
    03-28-13 04:30 PM
    I've been seeing this on my screen for a week now, ha ha

LuckyJP

CrackBerry User

This message is hidden because LuckyJP is on your ignore list.

View Post.

Remove user from ignore list
    LOL. Lifes too short. Stocks actually up on TSX for the day so LuckyJp you need to chill. BTW for those of you in colder climates cough shaneredflag cough its 20 celcius and sunny in Vancity right now. I feel better now.
    03-28-13 04:30 PM
    I have had my three drinks and am now ok with today. Sort of...

03-28-13 04:31 PM
    It's only the exchange rate
    Exchange rate? I am sure you don't mean that it changed that much in 2 minutes.
    And at 4 pm, there wasn't, and still isn't that much of a difference.
    New to this, so very curious.
    03-28-13 04:35 PM
    I'm fairly new to this forum. I have no reason putting anyone on an ignore list, so I'm not sure what this is all about. Thank you everyone for your comments and injections of optimism. My post was driven by pessimism, but I do look at some bright and promising signals for the near future. Thank you for pointing those out to me.
    Shanerredflag likes this.
    03-28-13 04:35 PM
    Man, I missed out on everyone's comments today due to unexpected marathon meetings. Luckily I saw what the SP was doing so I wasn't caught off guard and missed my opportunity. I have to say though that some of the reactions here are a bit surprising, from those I have had a chance to read. Personally, I think we are A-OK for now. I'm not out any more money than I was yesterday and the future looks bright. We just didn't get the fireworks we were hoping for. Well, I better not ramble on because I'm sure this was all covered earlier today. Looking forward to my evening beer in another hour.
    You are right. The ER was great. I am not concerned with my investment. With that being said, I expected so much more today and I was wrong.
    So what does that mean? It means that I finish off my coors tonight, and I save my stella and blue moon to share with family and friends on the weekend.
    BlackistheBerry, lcjr and bungaboy like this.
    03-28-13 04:36 PM
    The ER held a mixed bag. Some good and some bad.

The stock went up with the anticipation of good news but as reality set in, it dropped back to where it started. The ER did not really change anything.

Everyone needs to be thankful that there was not really bad news as it could have been much worst. You people who insist on being in for the long term will always have to roll with the punches. I just can't do that anymore as I feel a lack of control.

The next factor would be how well the Verizon and T-Mo sales go. Time will tell.
    03-28-13 04:37 PM
    Exchange rate? I am sure you don't mean that it changed that much in 2 minutes.
    And at 4 pm, there wasn't, and still isn't that much of a difference.
    New to this, so very curious.
    Lol...no...that's the difference between the two, plus the 15 minute lag.

The other thing is maybe a bunch of share were bought on the TSX in the last moments before closing.
    03-28-13 04:38 PM
    Anyone else buy more shares today, I did and lowered my average to 14.77 on the TSX
    03-28-13 04:38 PM
    Anyone else buy more shares today, I did and lowered my average to 14.77 on the TSX
    Nope but I got a bunch ready to put in on Tuesday, if the price drops enough
    03-28-13 04:40 PM
    off topic...but...very thankful to have found this forum.
    Tis an isolating life as a SAHM-trader and being able to
    vent/share in experiences has been cathartic to say the least.
    My husband can only tolerate so much stock-talk in an evening. lol
    03-28-13 04:40 PM
    Hey guys tomorrow we will hopefully see a short squeeze...

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-greatest-photo-all-time..jpg

Posted via CB10
    03-28-13 04:42 PM
    Oleary just gave Z10 a huge plug...great guy!
    03-28-13 04:43 PM
    I have had my three drinks and am now ok with today. Sort of...

Oh man, you're way ahead of me partner. I still have about an hour at work left so I can wrap things up, allowing me to take tomorrow and Monday off. Got to go see my two daughters in Colorado Springs for easter and maybe get some flyfishing in as well. Man, I really need to find a hiring official there so I can finally live alongside family. Beer-thirty soon!
    03-28-13 04:43 PM
    off topic...but...very thankful to have found this forum.
    Tis an isolating life as a SAHM-trader and being able to
    vent/share in experiences has been cathartic to say the least.
    My husband can only tolerate so much stock-talk in an evening. lol
    Welcome Rebekah.

This single thread is like no other!

Buy with care and enjoy!
    03-28-13 04:44 PM
    Lol...no...that's the difference between the two, plus the 15 minute lag.

The other thing is maybe a bunch of share were bought on the TSX in the last moments before closing.
    That is a very vague way of answering this question I don't think any of has has the answer to that, that was a pretty large gap that was filled at the end there really weird thing that happened
    03-28-13 04:45 PM
    Hey guys tomorrow we will hopefully see a short squeeze...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Greatest Photo of all time..jpg 
Views:	360 
Size:	35.1 KB 
ID:	144807

Posted via CB10
    Markets closed tomorrow and Monday...Easter
    03-28-13 04:46 PM
113,256 ... 535536537538539 ...