View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    That's an amazing number, if he truly believes they are going to earn $ 1.50/shr or more, the stock price target for 12-months will go to $ 25.00/shr plus. He can't hold the target back and quote $ 1.50/shr. The software & Enterprise part of the business is growing and that 1/3 deserves a 20 multiple so he has to give the target a 15 P/E at least. When he reports his next target look for it to go up. We still have MS and Bernstein to go and then there is the Q10 launch in a couple of weeks time. We are trading very nicely before a holiday and the day is still young with zero sign the bears have this under control so far.
    BBRY is going to surprise us in June again. Why? Because I think they purposely are downplaying the importance of their new app for iPhone and Android devices (BlackBerry Secure WorkSpace). I've talked about it few times earlier but it seems like analysts are not realizing importance of this app. Every app-installation requires a BB CAL license. Cal license fee is about $50 to $100/year . That's HUGE!

So, if your company uses iPhone or Android, it's fine with BBRY. They'd still make $50-$100 on your OS/Android devices at BES enabled corporations! This is free money!

Previously, every-time a company chose Android/iPhone over BBRY, it meant 1 lost sale for BBRY, lost revenue for BBRY. But no more. Now, even if a company chooses iPhone/Android, BBRY still makes some money.

Analysts aren't realizing potential revenues this can bring! Maybe because Secure WorkSpace app hasn't been released to public yet. But I believe it's coming before June. So, in June, we should see a trickle of revenue coming in from WorkSpace app. And by Sep, this trickle would turn into non-trivial revenue stream.
    03-28-13 11:26 AM
    03-28-13 11:28 AM
    lol gotta love this:
    "Let me remind everyone that there is a well-known formula for going broke in the stock market. That is to short companies that (1) have lots of cash in the bank, (2) have no debt and (3) are turning an operating and net profit."
    Two Observations On "Analysts" in [Market-Ticker]
    03-28-13 11:40 AM
    When is th gonna be on cnbc today
    03-28-13 11:43 AM
    When is th gonna be on cnbc today
    2 o'clock
    03-28-13 11:46 AM
    I forgot about TH's interview this aft.

Just added to my position at the days low... hope he doesn't say anything i'm going to regret.
    03-28-13 11:50 AM
    Anyone from Toronto here what station will it be playing on
    03-28-13 11:51 AM
    I actually didn't mind him today in the conference call no major **** ups
    03-28-13 11:52 AM
    i just added to my position near the day's lows. i'm worried CNBC hacks will spin everything he says into a negative after he's gone. last friday's $2 hack-job still fresh in my mind.

but, it could also start a rally to a new HOD.
    bungaboy likes this.
    03-28-13 11:55 AM
    2 o'clock
    I forgot about TH's interview this aft.

Just added to my position at the days low... hope he doesn't say anything i'm going to regret.
    I am sure, shorts spent last few hours strategizing what questions to ask TH to trip him up during the inteview so that they can put a huge negative spin on it.
    I actually didn't mind him today in the conference call no major **** ups
    Yeah, he didn't. But he might during this interview, now that shorts are prepared with questions designed to trip him.
    BThunderW and bungaboy like this.
    03-28-13 11:57 AM
    I am sure, shorts spent last few hours strategizing what questions to ask TH to trip him up during the inteview so that they can put a huge negative spin on it.

Yeah, he didn't. But he might during this interview, now that shorts are prepared with questions designed to trip him.
    lets have hope guys...maybe he is like ' damn the stock didnt rise by much, here you go'
    03-28-13 12:00 PM
    lets have hope guys...maybe he is like ' damn the stock didnt rise by much, here you go'
    Lol I hope so even so seems like if any damage would have been done to SP it would have been during this mornings conference call
    03-28-13 12:03 PM
    Lol I hope so even so seems like if any damage would have been done to SP it would have been during this mornings conference call
    personally i dont think there will be a major move after his interview....but you never know
    03-28-13 12:05 PM
    I don't understand what the short thesis here is anymore. This is absolutely bizarre.
    03-28-13 12:05 PM
    The short thesis is and always will be the loss of subscribers and until blackberry can turn that tide the bears will always use this fact against bbry
    meltbox360 likes this.
    03-28-13 12:08 PM
    TH on CNBC at 2pm est.
    i hope he keeps mentioning 1M Z10's sold in 3 weeks. high margins. return to profitablility. etc.
    03-28-13 12:12 PM
    I don't understand what the short thesis here is anymore. This is absolutely bizarre.
    Yeah, shorts (as the name suggests) think pretty short-term. Longs are long-terms. Shorts are going to get scre** this time (unless they are hedged, which they might be, but that just means they'd limit their losses but at the same time miss out on potentially gigantic gains BBRY can offer).

When all signs are pointing to turnaround of decade, shorts are still looking at only few weeks at a time! Writing is on the wall. But they can't see. They can only see few weeks at a time. By the time they decide to cover or by the time they turn bullish, they'd have already missed hundreds of percentages of growth! They already missed 200% from when SP was $7!
    03-28-13 12:16 PM
    Here is what TD Ameritrade said about BlackBerry 10 app support.
    Attachment 144707

Posted via CB10
    I just sent them an email and will walk into the local outlet and voice my displeasure about not having an app to someone there as well.
    bungaboy likes this.
    03-28-13 12:21 PM
    The short thesis is and always will be the loss of subscribers and until blackberry can turn that tide the bears will always use this fact against bbry
    Nah, that argument is dead now.
    bungaboy likes this.
    03-28-13 12:22 PM
    I just sent them an email and will walk into the local outlet and voice my displeasure about not having an app to someone there as well.
    they already let it slip they are making a TD Canada trust app, ameritrade shouldnt be far behind
    zyben likes this.
    03-28-13 12:26 PM
    CNBC Earnings Surprises.
    BBRY is smoking hot,not bad for a D.O.A. company, not bad at all.

cjcampbell and bungaboy like this.
    03-28-13 12:27 PM
    what are our chances for a huge afternoon rally? are we really waiting for the TH interview?
    03-28-13 12:28 PM
    if you can make up lies anything is possible...
    03-28-13 12:28 PM
    Heins layed out the blueprint of the future Blackberry.

We have significantly transformed the company over this period, and today we have an exciting new mobile computing platform. We are profitable, and we have a healthy balance sheet. We are looking to leverage the early success of Blackberry 10 and our strategic review initiatives will be intensifying their focus on opportunities in mobile computing verticals such as automotive, industrial, networking, healthcare, security, and defense, leveraging our secure network infrastructures for uses beyond those currently deployed by Blackberry and potential licensing opportunities.

The world of mobile computing is expanding rapidly, and it�s just starting to be defined. This is not a one- or two-quarter opportunity. It is an opportunity for the next five or 10 years, and our vision is to expand from being a smartphone company to being a leader in the new world of mobile computing. Smartphones will play a vital role in our plan, but our vision also includes expanding into other areas, including vertical markets that can leverage the Blackberry 10 platform.
    03-28-13 12:31 PM
    what are our chances for a huge afternoon rally? are we really waiting for the TH interview?

You have to hope that TH and company are analyzing the morning feedback and are centering their response on the lower handset sales and subs issue. If TH delivers a good response to the only issues the bears can hide behind, the stock will rise on that kind of news. Let's see.
    DragonFlyer and bungaboy like this.
    03-28-13 12:31 PM
113,251 ... 524525526527528 ...