View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Short take : the stock is very stable, in pretty high volumes. Not sure why, but I like that; no speculative fury this time, nor up than down.
    I'd like BBRY to be a little less volatile and this sounds to me as a positive sign.
    03-28-13 09:08 AM
    I thought USD quotes were live?
    Yeah, BBRY is live, but not BB.TO.
    But I always want a live chart. The charts are delayed.
    03-28-13 09:08 AM
    Since I am new to this (ish) is having such high volume with very little sway in either direction normal?
    03-28-13 09:11 AM
    Yeah, BBRY is live, but not BB.TO.
    Ah.. I find them to be pretty similar in movements.. if you watch BBRY, its like owning a 15 minute time machine for BB.TO
    DragonFlyer and erodenero like this.
    03-28-13 09:12 AM
    Yep this is exactly what I used previous to having RBC streaming.
    Bugmapper likes this.
    03-28-13 09:15 AM
    Here's how the shorts will attack, TH and crackberrians be prepared to defend and beat them back !!!

1. Operating loss, you had a profit but it was from recovery of Income Taxes, a 1 time item.
    2. You lost 3M subscribers, even with your new recalculation. We expected it to rise but you still lost 3M.
    3. You shipped 1M z10's and booked the sales and profit. What happens if they don't sell, remember the charge you had to take when the PB stumbled?
    4. Even with #3, your top line missed, why.

If TH can defend and answer these, the shorts get crushed!! If not, we see a draw or down day today.
    No need to defend those because they were all answered:
    1. Profit this Q was not from 1 time tax benefit. The tax benefit is from the R&D spending credit, which is normal for any going forward Q. Actually, when spending more R&D as the company become more and more profitable, the more tax credit than this Q will be rewarded.
    2. The lost subscriber was anticipated because most Z10 owners will not subscriber the paid service anymore so when many existing BB7 owner upgraded Z10, they canceled the subscription service.
    3. The 1M Z10 has been completed sell-through because the sell-through for all the phone shipped UP TODAY is as higher as 3/4. Also, please check the inventory value, which is extremely low. If Z10 sell-through was bad, then the inventory should three time or more.
    4. The top line miss was due to the huge difference between the sell-through of BB7 (7.9 million) and shipped BB7 (5 million). If you add this 2.9 million BB7 sales value back, the sell-through revenue will be much higher that the last Q.
    Anything else?

Now, let me list the big great news:
    1. The Overall converters from other platform to BB10 is more than 50%! The best we heard before was 50% in Canada and 1/3 in UK. Now, it said MORE THAN 50% from all the regions together.
    2. The break even number decreased dramatically by roughly about $250 million per Q. In my model, I though they need to sell at least 1.6 million Z10 to break even while the fact is that they made $94 million with only 1 million Z10.
    3. This Q was considered the worst Q in the earning by the analysts which projects lost of $-0.31 with revenue of 2.8 billion. They achieved 0.22 EP with only 2.6 billion revenue because the unexpected high margin (40.1% vs 30% last Q) and that stated in 2.
    4. Following the point made in 3, no more loss will be expected in the next 4Q (or for long long time) while the analysts projected that the company would lose 1.86 in 2014 fiscal year. Although Hein said that it will be break even in next Q, my conservative estimate is that they will make at least $1 EP in next Q and $4.8 for 2014 fiscal year, which is modeled by sales of $3.5 million BB10 phone per Q. If the sales number of BB10 phone are more than this number, then higher EP then what I said.
    5. How do you define a point of turn-around for a company? It is at the point when the company returns profit from loss. Furthermore, the future of the company is more promising than ever due to the BB10 platform which lays down the foundation for many exciting and profitable products in the future.
    6. Combining 3, 4 and 5, the analysts have no choice but to upgrade the stock and increase their PT.
    7. The last but also the most important thing for our long term investors is that we can finally put the question whether this company will survive or not to the rest because they become profit going forward. It is investment 101 that the stock price of a tech company shall be at least traded at their BV when the company does not lose money. The current SP is still 25% below the BV, so the stock is still dirty cheap. For this reason, I bought back all the shares I sold in the past 2 month this morning at 14.12.
    I am very happy for the results from this Q and looking forward to more great news.
    03-28-13 09:16 AM
    I don't want sideways action, today should be exciting. Huge up or huge down (buy more).

I need a break from BBRY....lol
    03-28-13 09:18 AM
    kind of boring...was expecting something like 15% change
    duckJAI likes this.
    03-28-13 09:18 AM
    yup ....somewhat uneventful .....huuum
    03-28-13 09:23 AM
    kind of boring...was expecting something like 15% change
    Give it sometime. People need time to process the ER report and to make projections.
    03-28-13 09:24 AM
    I don't want sideways action, today should be exciting. Huge up or huge down (buy more).

I need a break from BBRY....lol
    I think we can expect this for the next 6 months but incrementally growing.
    03-28-13 09:25 AM
    But then this means i have to actually do some work and not watch the ticker =(

Give it sometime. People need time to process the ER report and to make projections.
    03-28-13 09:28 AM
    If all we get is this 2% today, that's great!

They have just hit the reset button on this company and we go up from here. What could be better than that?

In 5 years from now we'll be sitting on a fortune!

In the short-term there should at least be some new targets coming. I mean, $7???
    morganplus8 and zyben like this.
    03-28-13 09:29 AM
    the market is flipping itself a coin, should we go up or down from here, by the end of the day we might know more
    03-28-13 09:34 AM
    Oh youhooYogi Bear . . . . . . It's 10:30.
    03-28-13 09:35 AM
    All these positive news and the stock barely budges 2% up? What is going on here? Where are all the bulls hiding? Ughh, this is so frustrating!
    03-28-13 09:40 AM
    It looks like some of the negative sentiment is changing on the headlines I'm reading.
    03-28-13 09:40 AM
    One thing I wonder about is Goldman Sachs...will these clowns change their tune again?
    03-28-13 09:42 AM
    Oh youhooYogi Bear . . . . . . It's 10:30.
    it is! and from history, usually 10;30am is when we see the low/high point for the day. We still have plenty of time and high volume to fly to $15.25 or better.
    03-28-13 09:43 AM
    interested in the 2 pm interview with CNBC.... lets see how that is handled and if it plays anything going into the close...
    03-28-13 09:45 AM
    My straddle is looking horrible now. Worst ER/Stock performance ever. No huge change = both calls and puts are useless.

So disappointing.
    03-28-13 09:45 AM
    interested in the 2 pm interview with CNBC.... lets see how that is handled and if it plays anything going into the close...
    I'm really not looking forward to it. He doesn't have a good track record for these things.

Great leader, terrible speaker.
    peter9477 likes this.
    03-28-13 09:46 AM
    I have read here for at least 3 months and finally signed in. I also expected strong price movements but at least the volatility will decrease up till now.I think now shareholders won`t have any reason to panic and sell.
    The new products are great, I bought the PB 3 weeks ago and I�m satisfied, Z/Q 10 will follow. I could even convince some IOS/Android people to try out BB10 and their judgement was promising.
    English isn�t my fist language so I want to execuse possible mistakes
    03-28-13 09:47 AM
    My straddle is looking horrible now. Worst ER/Stock performance ever. No huge change = both calls and puts are useless.

So disappointing.
    The house always wins.
    duckJAI likes this.
    03-28-13 09:49 AM
    All these positive news and the stock barely budges 2% up? What is going on here? Where are all the bulls hiding? Ughh, this is so frustrating!
    The bulls are there in full force supporting the stock and the bears are desperate to take the stock below the 50-dma at $ 14.78/shr. There is a real battle on the go right now and we are able to watch it at support, so far, the bulls are killing them. The 50-dma moving average is so important as it sends the signal that after months of indecision, the bulls are taking over. The last thing the bears want is to have a run on the stock here. They have billions to stop a rally and the bulls are not going to pay more for those shares than they have to (hence backing up to the 50-dma). That is why we are right at support. The day is young, we could easily close above $ 16.00/shr today. Right now, the shorts are doing everything they can to keep the price down but it isn't going to work. When they realize this, look out. We are one positive report with a increase in target price (Misek) away from a big rally here. Relax and watch the $ 14.78/shr support, that is where the action is. We need to get pass CNBC and into the bullish reports. They are coming. When it looks like they can't get below the 50-dma, we rally hard.
    03-28-13 09:50 AM
113,256 ... 521522523524525 ...