1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    wait for the upgrades. share price will go up soon
    morganplus8 and arfin like this.
    03-28-13 08:45 AM
    CNBC ripping on revenue and subscriber failings and Joe is talking **** about old BlackBerry devices as if BlackBerry 10 is the same. I hate this guy each passing day
    I agree, this Joe Kernen used to have my respect but his babbling and trashing BB a few days back and today has made me change my mind. I believe if he was given a Zed 10 he would never be able to figure out how it use it?
    bungaboy likes this.
    03-28-13 08:46 AM
    Wow only up 4%. I thought it would be a much larger swing. Let's see what 10am EST brings.

Also 2PM interview iirc?

I think we'll have a raid today. At least I hope...
    Kid Vibe likes this.
    03-28-13 08:47 AM
    Shouldn't one solid quarter and the projection of another cause a lot of the retail shorts to seek the exit now while they can? Seems pretty risky to continue short from here.
    03-28-13 08:48 AM
    They seem to be trying pretty hard to bring this back down. Dropped below $15. I should have just told my clients to leave me alone today... lol. I can't seem to turn away at the moment.
    03-28-13 08:49 AM
    I agree, this Joe Kernen used to have my respect but his babbling and trashing BB a few days back and today has made me change my mind. I believe if he was given a Zed 10 he would never be able to figure out how it use it?
    Joe Kernen literally is one of the worst people in the world!
    AngryEdmontonian likes this.
    03-28-13 08:50 AM
    think the raid is happening now
    Get your wallets out. Bargains will be had today.
    Shouldn't one solid quarter and the projection of another cause a lot of the retail shorts to seek the exit now while they can? Seems pretty risky to continue short from here.
    Nah, there's still a lot of uncertainty.
    OMGitworks likes this.
    Fight the Bears! To arms! The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-bull-buck-s.jpg
    03-28-13 08:52 AM
    Wow......... from 6% to 1%...

Think I'm in the wrong business

Posted via CB10
    03-28-13 08:53 AM
    Given the amount of negativity on the stock.. a slight surprise wouldnt be enough to actually drive the share price up strongly. Results were decent but not spectacular to some. They returned to the black due to tax credits, revenue came down, subs base come down by 3 m, ppl still thing its not selling well in the US..

I hope they will capitalise on the BES10 services to drive subs up again. Bring in a cheaper model for the other parts of the world. Given the niche market.. I am not cautiously positive for them to increase their mkt share. Just too many of cheap android devices flooding the mkt currently
    03-28-13 08:54 AM
    I wish I had live streaming quotes.
    I'm sitting here spamming the "Snap Quote" button on Questrade. lol
    I thought USD quotes were live?
    03-28-13 08:54 AM
    Wishing I had some spare $$$ kicking around today . . .
    03-28-13 08:55 AM
    can someone with more technical knowledge tell us where these numbers will take us? I feel like we should have gapped up a bit further and climbed to 8% by now, and at least $16.50 by the end of the day, but those are gut intuitions and do not play the game of numbers and statistics needed to fully understand an ER
    I think it was a good ER but still a lot of unknowns and so we're going to swing up and down until the next ER, at which time we should see more of the same. I really don't see us growing by a lot until post-September ER.
    03-28-13 08:58 AM
    BlackBerry (BBRY) Margins Will Trigger Broad Increases in Consensus Forecasts - Nomura

Nomura Securities analyst Stuart Jeffrey said he expects BlackBerry's (NASDAQ: BBRY) better-than-expected Q4 profitability to trigger broad increases in consensus forecasts, driven by higher margin expectations. Still, the analyst maintained a Neutral rating and downside $10 price target at this point.

Some key highlights to the quarter, according to the analyst:
    5% miss to consensus revenues
    910bp beat to consensus gross margin
    In line opex
    $0.22 EPS vs. loss of $0.30 forecast by consensus
    Cash inflow of $219mn vs. our forecast of an outflow of $236mn
    3mn lost subscribers vs. expectations of a 1mn loss
    Guidance calls for break-even in fiscal Q1 vs. consensus expectations of a $1.15bn loss from operations

Jeffrey said the main highlight was the 40% gross margin. "This suggests that hardware gross margins rose from around -2% in fiscal Q3 to 11% in fiscal Q4," he said. "It's not clear how much of this was due to the Z10 being priced for a healthy gross margin and how much was BlackBerry ending its excess promotions of BB7 devices."

The subscriber losses imply margins gain in BB7 as well as BB10, he said. "The loss of 3mn subscribers suggests that BlackBerry raised hardware pricing across the board. This may mitigate the scope for margin upside in future quarters. If all the upside had been BB10 driven, then the launch of the Z10 late in the quarter might have promised a material further improvement in gross margin in fiscal Q1. Guidance also implies that there is no material further improvement in gross margin. Nevertheless, we expect investors to positively greet signs that management is no longer selling hardware below cost."

For an analyst ratings summary and ratings history on BlackBerry click here. For more ratings news on BlackBerry click here.

Shares of BlackBerry are up 4.35 percent early Thursday to $15.20.

StreetInsider.com - BlackBerry (BBRY) Margins Will Trigger Broad Increases in Consensus Forecasts - Nomura
    bungaboy likes this.
    This is one of the biggest tug of wars I've seen.
    Late to the party, but good morning guys/gals. I just came from a lecture (teaching first year Med students about testicular cancer) and happy to see where the stock is. No where to go but up from here, I think. Missed the ER calls, but the echoes from this thread were better. I am going to pop a bottle of wine with wife today...
    03-28-13 08:59 AM
    BlackBerry (BBRY) Margins Will Trigger Broad Increases in Consensus Forecasts - Nomura

Nomura Securities analyst Stuart Jeffrey said he expects BlackBerry's (NASDAQ: BBRY) better-than-expected Q4 profitability to trigger broad increases in consensus forecasts, driven by higher margin expectations. Still, the analyst maintained a Neutral rating and downside $10 price target at this point.

Some key highlights to the quarter, according to the analyst:
    5% miss to consensus revenues
    910bp beat to consensus gross margin
    In line opex
    $0.22 EPS vs. loss of $0.30 forecast by consensus
    Cash inflow of $219mn vs. our forecast of an outflow of $236mn
    3mn lost subscribers vs. expectations of a 1mn loss
    Guidance calls for break-even in fiscal Q1 vs. consensus expectations of a $1.15bn loss from operations

Jeffrey said the main highlight was the 40% gross margin. "This suggests that hardware gross margins rose from around -2% in fiscal Q3 to 11% in fiscal Q4," he said. "It's not clear how much of this was due to the Z10 being priced for a healthy gross margin and how much was BlackBerry ending its excess promotions of BB7 devices."

The subscriber losses imply margins gain in BB7 as well as BB10, he said. "The loss of 3mn subscribers suggests that BlackBerry raised hardware pricing across the board. This may mitigate the scope for margin upside in future quarters. If all the upside had been BB10 driven, then the launch of the Z10 late in the quarter might have promised a material further improvement in gross margin in fiscal Q1. Guidance also implies that there is no material further improvement in gross margin. Nevertheless, we expect investors to positively greet signs that management is no longer selling hardware below cost."

For an analyst ratings summary and ratings history on BlackBerry click here. For more ratings news on BlackBerry click here.

Shares of BlackBerry are up 4.35 percent early Thursday to $15.20.

StreetInsider.com - BlackBerry (BBRY) Margins Will Trigger Broad Increases in Consensus Forecasts - Nomura

It's a mixed bag, so-so I suppose...and the dance goes on...
    duckJAI likes this.
    03-28-13 09:01 AM
    I am quite happy to move along as we have. Slow and steady . . . . . wins the marathon.

The company shipped one million BlackBerry Z10s, the company�s new make-or-break smartphone, in the quarter � which measured sales from Dec. 20 to March 2, and does not include the crucial U.S. launch on March 22.

�It has not been easy, but the BlackBerry team is delivering,� said BlackBerry CEO Thorsten Heins on a conference call with analysts. �The BlackBerry 10 platform has been worth the wait.�
    Markymark 23 likes this.
    03-28-13 09:02 AM
    wow 41 million shares traded in first half hour, wow thats a **** of alot. It would be nice if it just would stay above 15. come on baby!
    03-28-13 09:03 AM
    Late to the party, but good morning guys/gals. I just came from a lecture (teaching first year Med students about testicular cancer) and happy to see where the stock is. No where to go but up from here, I think. Missed the ER calls, but the echoes from this thread were better. I am going to pop a bottle of wine with wife today...

Cheers!
    03-28-13 09:03 AM
    I am quite happy to move along as we have. Slow and steady . . . . . wins the marathon.
    Same here.
    03-28-13 09:04 AM
    Cramer: BlackBerry May Be Ripe for a Takeover

BlackBerry's better-than-expected earnings report boosts its value as a possible takeover target for a larger tech company, CNBC's Jim Cramer says.

Thursday's earnings report "makes it more likely that they will be in business for a long time," Cramer said on "Squawk on the Street." "It makes it more likely that a Nokia or a Microsoft will take a run at them.

"I think the shorts are trying to color the darned thing. I don't buy the bear case, there are a lot of people who want to own this company," he said.
    Another good indication in the earnings, he said, is that the company's new products, like the Z10 smartphone, haven't been fully realized. "Maybe you don't even have to think about the device. The subscription model may still be good even if you lose some subscribers," he said. (Read More: Investors Abandon Blackberry After 'Disappointing' Launch)

Excluding items, BlackBerry made a profit of 22 cents per share, down sharply from 80 cents a share in the year-earlier period. Those figures, however, were far ahead of what Wall Street was expecting. Analysts had expected BlackBerry to report a quarterly loss of 29 cents a share on $2.85 billion in revenue, according to a consensus estimate from Thomson Reuters.
    "I think that there are people that want this stock down. This company was supposed to have a terrible quarter. This was not a terrible quarter," he said. "This company was on the ropes. It's not anymore."
    Cramer added that BlackBerry CEO, Thorsten Heins, "has managed to fix the balance sheet, much like what Meg (Whitman) has done at Hewlett Packard. Balance sheet fixing is stage one in a turnaround."

He also reminded investors that the company has strong support in overseas markets, like Indonesia and Europe. "One of the things we forget, this is an entrenched product," he said.
    "There are a lot of things that can go right with BlackBerry if the balance sheet improves, which it has. Things can change quickly," he said.
    03-28-13 09:05 AM
    just watching cramer..dont think i can ever have a normal conversation with him.
    Cramer: BlackBerry May Be Ripe for a Takeover
    Acumenight likes this.
    03-28-13 09:05 AM
113,256 ... 520521522523524 ...