Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    12M shares traded in PM.....busy busy day
    03-28-13 08:17 AM
    My wife is probably going to be wondering why I want to have sex with her tonight.
    03-28-13 08:18 AM
    We are certainly going to see some upgrades after that. Hard to have a sell rating now.

I think so.
    Tech Consultant likes this.
    BlackBerry swings back to profit - Business - CBC News

"Revenue increased to $2.68 billion, coming in below expectations of $2.84 billion, according to a poll by Thomson Reuters."

And there is the negative spin.
    bungaboy likes this.
    My wife is probably going to be wondering why I want to have sex with her tonight.
    i laughed and cried at the same time.
    AngryEdmontonian and bungaboy like this.
    03-28-13 08:19 AM
    My favorite part of the entire call was when they announced they turned a profit based pretty much solely on a hundred million dollar tax credit... an American R&D tax credit.

That should be a cold slap in the face to anyone still shorting this stock.
    Headlines like this should help a bit today: "BlackBerry swings back to profit"
    That's an excellent point, how can you tell them to break with the BES 10 and hardware connection when they can bring in AAPL like margins??? They are the complete package on such low volume sales. I still can't get over those numbers. I planned on big gains here but I didn't see such margins on low revenue, I knew CORE was going to help but man are they good at cost reduction. Heins is an expert at that but he still needs a year subscription to Toast Masters.

We will open above the 50-dma folks, that means we are heading much higher today, the shorts can't stop the train. We are going to see plenty of upgrades soon!
    Good point. It's amazing how well the cut costs IMO. One of the strongest points in the ER. Other positive points for me:

Profit (duh)
    Commencing on producing lower priced models
    Vertical integration: This part was great! Heins saying that they are planning to move outward into the computing industry (not sure exactly how) and will look for opportunities outside the mobile industry.
    Increased marketing for next quarter by 50%! Big things planned.
    morganplus8 and bungaboy like this.
    03-28-13 08:20 AM
    Probably from that big party last night.

Morning all... man they all sound tired as ****s during the call

Great quarterly report, beautiful numbers
    03-28-13 08:21 AM
    Media spin jobs to commence, brace yourselves folks.

Just be ready for some bargains
    I'm ust relieved to see the company doing well . now that I know that I'm going to bed. imm read the 2000 pages of posts when I wake up for work tonight lol
    BlackistheBerry likes this.
    +4% up PM, we are on right track.
    what network and show is TH going to be on again just trying to record it before I head to work thanks
    03-28-13 08:22 AM
    what network and show is TH going to be on again just trying to record it before I head to work thanks
    I think cnbc at 2 pm
    BigBallsB likes this.
    03-28-13 08:23 AM
    Yes. They did say they expect "near-profitability" for the next quarter, though.
    They said they will end the Q1 period "near profitability" but they also said they are increasing advertising and promotion by 50%, that number is based upon $ 500 million plus, so they are projecting EPS without this "investment" of $ 250 million which is huge. You have to spend money to make money and profits for Q1 are going back into the product launch. When they cut back on Advertising it all flows to the bottom line, again, this is huge news. The report is just fantastic, there will be some bashing of subs but you can't deny that the numbers are great. When targets go to $ 22 - $ 24 we go higher and we are heading in that direction.
    My favorite part of the entire call was when they announced they turned a profit based pretty much solely on a hundred million dollar tax credit... an American R&D tax credit.

That should be a cold slap in the face to anyone still shorting this stock.
    No need to thank us all south of the border.
    Shanerredflag, bungaboy and m0de25 like this.

"Revenue increased to $2.68 billion, coming in below expectations of $2.84 billion, according to a poll by Thomson Reuters."

For a Canadian Tax funded Media outlet, CBC really disappoints me with their bias towards BlackBerry. I could write a whole essay on all the crap they've "reported" in the last 2 years. I stopped clicking on their article long ago
    bungaboy likes this.
    03-28-13 08:24 AM
    I'm thinking that anyone sitting on the fence about a partnership might be ready to start talking now.
    03-28-13 08:24 AM
    Hahha...I just Lol in my meeting...guess I should not be reading this eh lol

Posted via CB10
    03-28-13 08:25 AM

That is not negative spin. That is just fact.
    Negative spin would be. "Revenues dramatically decreased and will likely to fall, dragging the company down to a slow and painful death."
    03-28-13 08:25 AM
    Morning all... man they all sound tired as ****s during the call

Great quarterly report, beautiful numbers
    It's kind of a grey, dreary day here in Waterloo. I'm kind of sleepy still too.
    03-28-13 08:26 AM
    sorta kinda
    eventually
    bungaboy likes this.
    03-28-13 08:26 AM
    I had a strong suspicion that they would turn profit. Something TH said in his Australian interview. He said not only have they stopped the bleeding but "returned it to health". Losing money is not "healthy"
    bungaboy likes this.
    03-28-13 08:27 AM
    i laughed and cried at the same time.
    Are you his wife?
    03-28-13 08:28 AM
    Are you his wife?
    Lol!!!
    slipstream89, s0be and joe.miller like this.
    03-28-13 08:29 AM
113,256 ... 518519520521522 ...