View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Gorgeous car. My wife's dream car I might add

Hey, you guys all have new vehicles, I'm stuck with old junk to drive.

This is my 1961 Plus 4 Morgan:
    Attachment 144501

Note how old this thing is:
    Attachment 144502

Again, this old thing doesn't have air conditioning or any of the nice things your vehicles do. My other one is a White 1988 Plus 8 and it is basically another old car. So it is really important for me to make some money on BBRY to get my poor family the basic necessities of life like everyone else. I should start a fund .....................................
    morganplus8 and q649 like this.
    03-27-13 05:49 PM
    Z10 is now #4 AT&T Best Seller on Amazon
    Amazon Best Sellers: best AT&T

#6 Unlocked Best Seller on Amazon

Amazon Best Sellers: best Unlocked Cell Phones
    morganplus8 likes this.
    03-27-13 05:51 PM
    Sorry, I had to make this!

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-36742888.jpg
    bungaboy, peter9477, lcjr and 3 others like this.
    03-27-13 05:52 PM
    Hey, you guys all have new vehicles, I'm stuck with old junk to drive.

This is my 1961 Plus 4 Morgan:
    Attachment 144501

Note how old this thing is:
    Attachment 144502

Again, this old thing doesn't have air conditioning or any of the nice things your vehicles do. My other one is a White 1988 Plus 8 and it is basically another old car. So it is really important for me to make some money on BBRY to get my poor family the basic necessities of life like everyone else. I should start a fund .....................................
    You have to sell it to get a car with bluetooth connectivity. Your Z10 deserves it. Lol.

Posted via CB10
    03-27-13 05:54 PM
    BBRY Z10 Sales Slows in the Gulf
    BBRY Z10 Sales Slows in the Gulf - Zacks.com

I tried to ignore this report, but it kept popping up infront of me until I finally felt the need to rip it apart. So here we go.

The Gulf Region makes up 10% of BBRYs global market share.
    BBRY launched its much-awaited BB10 operating system (OS) based device on Jan 30, 2013 and started selling the phone in the Gulf region from Feb 10, 2013.
    Saudi Arabia didn't launch the Z10 until Feb 16, 2013. Saudi Arabia makes up 70% of BBRYs market share in the Gulf Region.

However, one of the two distributors has sold only 300,000 Z10 phones since its launch
    The way this report has such a negative feel to it, I would think the 300,000 distributer would be lower than the other distributer. For arguments sake lets say they are both the same. That is 600,000 Z10 in the first 6 weeks of the launch. That works out to 100,000 per week.

So what do we have :
    Gulf region sells 100,000 Z10s per week
    Gulf region makes up 10% of market share
    That adds up to "only" 1 million Z10s per week globally

That is outstanding, if only outstanding.
    03-27-13 05:57 PM
    Tomorrow is the big day. Regardless how the market will react, keep in mind that there is a lot of biased negativity around BBRY so I wouldn't be surprised people find things to complain about, I still think the worst is behind BBRY and a lot of good things are ahead.
    03-27-13 06:08 PM
    I tried to ignore this report, but it kept popping up infront of me until I finally felt the need to rip it apart. So here we go.
    Nice. I suppose we can start feeling happy that if that's the best they can do, they're clearly on their last legs, and getting rather desperate.
    DragonFlyer and bungaboy like this.
    03-27-13 06:09 PM
    I had a chuckle at this snippet of an article from Indonesia today, whre have we heard this before?

Medan, (AFP). The presence of the BlackBerry platform (OS) and a whole new touch screen Z10 success in a number of countries since it was launched globally on 30 January. Although marketed in different times in different countries including Indonesia, the average product is great acclaim.
    "In Indonesia, after its launch on March 4 in Jakarta and marketed since March 15, the public response to the Z10 exceeded our expectations," said Public Relations Manager of BlackBerry Indonesia, Yolanda Nainggolan Z10 at a media briefing at the Swiss-Belhotel Medan on Wednesday (27 / 3).
    03-27-13 06:13 PM
    BBRY Z10 Sales Slows in the Gulf
    BBRY Z10 Sales Slows in the Gulf - Zacks.com

The way this report has such a negative feel to it, I would think the 300,000 distributer would be lower than the other distributer. For arguments sake lets say they are both the same. That is 600,000 Z10 in the first 6 weeks of the launch. That works out to 100,000 per week.

That adds up to "only" 1 million Z10s per week globally

That is outstanding, if only outstanding.
    OK. Let's say I don't like your assumption about the distributors (although I see the same thing you see in the text) . Let's pretend what they meant was that one distributor sold 300k and the other sold none! Now we have 1 million phones sold globally every two weeks. Still not bad for only one model.

Posted via CB10 on a BLACK Z10!
    DragonFlyer likes this.
    03-27-13 06:13 PM
    Test post. This is on my Bold 9930 using the CB app instead of webview. Not liking this much.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    03-27-13 06:24 PM
    Buy you another virtual beer??? Seriously, I would LOVE to see this at $20+ but am not holding my breath. I'll stick to my game plan though. Meaning, finger on the trigger and ride it up until it starts dipping and sell. Then wait it out some and buy back in on the dip. I have no other choice if I want more spending/purchase power. Have to make money to invest more.
    What happens when you sell at $18 and then all of a sudden a bear analyst comes out with a positive report and the sock hits $22?

Posted via CB10
    03-27-13 06:34 PM
    Here are my thoughts.

Based on everything I have read, the checks I have done here in the US in the limited area around me (which yes I know is a drop in the bucket compared to the Global roll out strategy) and what I have heard from friends over seas....

I think we will see sales that are above predictions but not by any huge number. I also dont think the sub base is going to change greatly and I also dont believe that BB will have lost much of their cash reserve based on the limited marketing, the cost of which will mostly be reflected next quarter.

As for the SP based on what we have seen historically Id say that we will see a short term rally followed by a brief sell off. Over all we are looking at long term gains up until the release of the Q10. Im pretty reserved in my SP estimates but I would say that a SP of 20-30$ would be reasonable. Again just my thoughts though.
    They will loose cash do to filling inventory lines. Opposite of how they saved cash in the last couple of quarters.

Posted via CB10
    03-27-13 06:37 PM
    What happens when you sell at $18 and then all of a sudden a bear analyst comes out with a positive report and the sock hits $22?

Posted via CB10
    We know inflation has run out of control if one sock costs 22 dollars....

Posted via CB10
    03-27-13 06:40 PM

Posted via CB10
    That can certainly happen but as long as I make profit I have more to invest. You can never hit it perfect every time. I have to sell or I won't have anything more to add shares. I'm tapped out and don't own enough shares to sit back and just "go long".
    03-27-13 06:44 PM

Posted via CB10
    I almost choked on my beer on that one!
    03-27-13 06:48 PM

Posted via CB10
    Where have you been all this time? Humor is very welcome here ya know.
    03-27-13 06:50 PM
    sorry, i had to make this!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	36742888.jpg 
Views:	552 
Size:	77.9 KB 
ID:	144511
    toooo good!
    03-27-13 07:02 PM
    Just came across a thread that mentioned how BlackBerry will calculate the subscribers differently, starting with this ER. They will basically count all the users of BB, and not just the ones that are subscribing to BlackBerry services. If this is true, the reported number is certainly bound to be higher than the ~ 79 million.

Any thoughts on how this number will affect the post ER SP?
    morganplus8 likes this.
    03-27-13 07:02 PM
    No idea, but you can count on the bears to spin it negatively, saying that BB must have lost so many paying subscribers that they had no choice but to cover it up by obfuscating things.
    03-27-13 07:06 PM

Posted via CB10
    Haha, delightful.

Posted via CB10
    03-27-13 07:10 PM
    Just came across a thread that mentioned how BlackBerry will calculate the subscribers differently, starting with this ER. They will basically count all the users of BB, and not just the ones that are subscribing to BlackBerry services. If this is true, the reported number is certainly bound to be higher than the ~ 79 million.

Is it possible for them to know the total amount of active BlackBerry handheld users? I always said that even though there's 79 million active BlackBerry subscribers, that doesn't mean there aren't 100m+ active BlackBerry users. Some people don't use BlackBerry's with a data plan (believe it or not, I know a few myself here in Canada, I'd imagine there's a lot more budget conscious users doing the same in developing markets) so I've always said that although their active SUBSCRIBERS was 79m, there's probably at least 10m users that aren't enrolled to BlackBerry data services.

I wonder how the market will react to this change in reporting.
    03-27-13 07:14 PM
    Never thought of that! Bb7 non subscribers could get rolled into the number. Although I don't see the point - since they don't contribute to revenue... or do they?

Posted via CB10 on a BLACK Z10!
    03-27-13 07:20 PM
    OK. Let's say I don't like your assumption about the distributors (although I see the same thing you see in the text) . Let's pretend what they meant was that one distributor sold 300k and the other sold none! Now we have 1 million phones sold globally every two weeks. Still not bad for only one model.
    Good post to provide context. FYI the article indicated that EMS held approximately 55% of the BB business in the Gulf.

EMS holds about 55% share of BlackBerry sales in the Gulf, with the remainder sold by Dubai-based Axiom Telecom, according to IDC.
    Having said that, it doesn't actually tell us what the BB10 sales split is between the 2 companies.

Either way, it's hard to see this news as negative.
    DragonFlyer likes this.
    03-27-13 07:20 PM
    Luckily I can take my Playbook and 9930 into my two hour boring meeting tomorrow morning. I'm wondering if tomorrow will be as exciting as we are hearing. There is the chance this thing will just continue business as usual with slight adjustments.
    03-27-13 07:24 PM
    Luckily I can take my Playbook and 9930 into my two hour boring meeting tomorrow morning. I'm wondering if tomorrow will be as exciting as we are hearing. There is the chance this thing will just continue business as usual with slight adjustments.
    Sooo...what are your coworkers going to say when you start screaming %&$?&%?#*** right!!!! I KNEW IT!!! IN YOUR FACE SHORTS!!!

Lol

Posted via CB10
    03-27-13 07:28 PM
113,250 ... 498499500501502 ...