Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    03-27-13 04:07 PM
    Attachment 144476

"Our neural pathways have become accustomed to your sensory input patterns."
    What...? I am a biomedical scientist and don't know what you mean... oh.. I see.
    And I thought that we were finished with talking about racks...
    But the stock market is closed, so I guess some digression is ok
    bungaboy and DragonFlyer like this.
    03-27-13 04:11 PM
    Just realized I had not updated my signature since purchasing my Z10 yesterday
    Too funny! I bought my phone on February 5th and just got around to updating my profile today! This is after one of our great members pointed it out to me too! Man I love this phone, if tomorrow goes well, I'll use it to order my new Mercedes! Cheers!
    03-27-13 04:12 PM
    Too funny! I bought my phone on February 5th and just got around to updating my profile today! This is after one of our great members pointed it out to me too! Man I love this phone, if tomorrow goes well, I'll use it to order my new Mercedes! Cheers!
    C'mon sir. At a minimum, I'd have expected a Brit car lover like yourself to aim for maybe....an Aston Martin???
    bungaboy likes this.
    03-27-13 04:20 PM
    Well, all the chips are on the table now. Nothing left to do but drink beer and watch what happens.

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-sexy-poker-face-9.jpgThe BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-duff-beer.jpg
    03-27-13 04:21 PM
    I made my first purchase in December 2010 so this is a cautionary note for newcomers who've jumped in with both feet.

Every single earnings call since then has been a disappointment. Even the last earnings report, with no real negative numbers, was followed by a call where the CEO caught everyone by surprise with poorly stated guidance on service revenues.

It's a noted irony that for a company so involved in communications, they can do an abysmal job of it. Mostly I think they just don't always take the time to think about how things will be perceived by their listeners. Is it a lack of empathy? I have no real idea.

I expect they'll have good numbers, and I hope they'll execute the call flawlessly this time. The markets would react well to that. I'm just not counting on it. Sad to say, I've learned in a painfully costly manner that it's best to be prepared for some sort of "WTF?!" moment at each one of these. I dearly hope this will be the one to prove me wrong...

So basically, manage your expectations carefully. Blind optimism won't help your stock price, but being more cautious in your optimism will certainly make a difference in your reaction if things go wildly different than you hope.

And remember: the market tends to make short-term bets... keep a long term focus and you'll probably make the right decisions for yourself.
    03-27-13 04:27 PM
    Question for experienced folks: if there is a short-squeeze, will options also go up? I have quite a few options for 2014 expiry. But if there is a short squeeze, they'd be purchasing stocks, not options. right?
    Here's a tool I use for calculating option values:

Black Scholes Calculator

I think options expiry for Jan 2014 is in 295 days or so. I use a risk-free interest rate of 0.1%. Volatility varies. It is currently around 64% for the Jan 2014 calls with a strike price of 15, but can vary a fair bit. Shorter term options tend to lose a lot of volatility after ER, but I can't remember how much volatility changed for the Jan 2014 options after last ER.

Anyway, if you plug the numbers into that tool, you will see that Jan 2014 15 Calls will go from $3.10 to $4.70 if the stock price goes from $14.50 to $17.00 and the volatility doesn't change.
    zyben and chrysaurora like this.
    03-27-13 04:32 PM
    As my good friend Duke Nukem once said: The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-1478148-balls_of_steel.jpg
    03-27-13 04:34 PM
    Just realized I had not updated my signature since purchasing my Z10 yesterday
    Now you just need to update your avatar. Still shows your Bold.
    03-27-13 04:35 PM
    As my good friend Duke Nukem once said: Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1478148-balls_of_steel.jpg 
Views:	649 
Size:	36.6 KB 
ID:	144498
    I remember when that game came out on a floppy disk.
    erodenero and Kid Vibe like this.
    03-27-13 04:37 PM
    As my good friend Duke Nukem once said: Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1478148-balls_of_steel.jpg 
Views:	649 
Size:	36.6 KB 
ID:	144498
    What? It was our one and only Kid said that. LoL
    nquyen and AnimalPak200 like this.
    03-27-13 04:42 PM
    And back when a floppy disk was actually floppy... lol
    03-27-13 04:44 PM
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-i00294.jpg

Good luck tomorrow fellas

I hope we all cover our original investment.

Woo...woo.

Posted via CB10
    lcjr, erodenero, bungaboy and 2 others like this.
    03-27-13 04:44 PM
    And back when a floppy disk was actually floppy... lol
    That doesn't sound right, balls of steel hanging on floppy disk?
    03-27-13 04:47 PM
    wish i had the option to like this more than once!!
    Kicking a$$ and chewing bubblegum.....and im fresh outta gum!
    lcjr and nquyen like this.
    03-27-13 04:55 PM
    BlackBerry 10's negative sales reports are premature...

http://money.msn.com/top-stocks/post...3-ba5366496068
    03-27-13 05:06 PM
    C'mon sir. At a minimum, I'd have expected a Brit car lover like yourself to aim for maybe....an Aston Martin???
    Hey, you guys all have new vehicles, I'm stuck with old junk to drive.

This is my 1961 Plus 4 Morgan:
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-ad-picture-ebay.jpg

Note how old this thing is:
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-morgan-07-16-024.jpg

Again, this old thing doesn't have air conditioning or any of the nice things your vehicles do. My other one is a White 1988 Plus 8 and it is basically another old car. So it is really important for me to make some money on BBRY to get my poor family the basic necessities of life like everyone else. I should start a fund .....................................
    03-27-13 05:07 PM
    I'm sorry, one of the two distributors in the Gulf has sold 300,000 and that is bad news? Am I missing something?
    Yeah, that was a pretty weird take on things. This article http://www.gulf-times.com/business/1...kewarm-in-gulf had some more details.

So that distributor has 70% of its sales in Saudi Arabia and the UAE, and represents 55% of BlackBerry's sales in the Gulf.

So Saudi Arabia and UAE sales would be 380,000 to date if you just applied those percentages.

UAE sells about 200,000 smartphones per month. Not sure about Saudi Arabia, but they probably sell 700,000 per month based on relative population size.

So combined, those two countries would sell 1.35 million smartphones over a month and a half.

What those articles are therefore saying is that a 28% marketshare for one phone over six weeks is considered lukewarm. Keep in mind that BlackBerry would still be selling some BB7 phones too, just as the iPhone 5 represents only 60-70% of recent iPhone sales according to some estimates.

The population of those two countries is about 1/9th that of the US, so an equivalent would be an article that calls selling 3.5 million units of a phone over 6 weeks in the US lukewarm. Pretty mindboggling the spin on things.
    morganplus8, fedakd, zyben and 3 others like this.
    03-27-13 05:08 PM

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ad Picture Ebay.jpg 
Views:	1182 
Size:	83.2 KB 
ID:	144501

Name:	Morgan 07-16 024.jpg 
Size:	70.8 KB 
ID:	144502

Again, this old thing doesn't have air conditioning or any of the nice things your vehicles do. My other one is a White 1988 Plus 8 and it is basically another old car. So it is really important for me to make some money on BBRY to get my poor family the basic necessities of life like everyone else. I should start a fund .....................................
    You're hallarious! That thing costs more than my truck, Jeep, and new Mercedes put together! hahahahahaha.. Nice investment though. I love the color on it.
    Markymark 23 and morganplus8 like this.
    03-27-13 05:12 PM

Name:	Ad Picture Ebay.jpg 
Size:	83.2 KB 
ID:	144501

Name:	Morgan 07-16 024.jpg 
Size:	70.8 KB 
ID:	144502

Where do you put the golf clubs? Unacceptable

Posted via CB10
    03-27-13 05:16 PM
    What? It was our one and only Kid said that. LoL
    Balls of Steel! That's my line.
    lcjr likes this.
    03-27-13 05:19 PM
    The after-hours is holding up no big dip or rise today. I figure there are people in the know. So I see an OK earnings report but with unresolved issues going forward.
    03-27-13 05:29 PM
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img-20130131-wa0002.jpg

Its going to be a rough day tomorrow for me if the ER is poor....

Posted via CB10
    Kid Vibe likes this.
    03-27-13 05:30 PM
    The after-hours is holding up no big dip or rise today. I figure there are people in the know. So I see an OK earnings report but with unresolved issues going forward.
    Nope. The die is cast. Everyone is just waiting for the report.
    03-27-13 05:30 PM
    I think you guys would be interested in reading this review,
    I saw it on another thread. Very nice.

BlackBerry Z10: A First Look [Market-Ticker] - MarketTicker Forums
    zyben likes this.
    03-27-13 05:35 PM
113,250 ... 497498499500501 ...