View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    closing above $15 is good sign, i doubt we will reach anywhere close to $15.50 but I like to be proven wrong
    03-27-13 01:59 PM
    Going to be hard to sleep tonight...lol
    Then . . . . . sleep on your back! LoL (couldn't resist. Susie Anderson from Cartwright taught me that.)
    Charles Martin1 likes this.
    03-27-13 02:00 PM
    Nice, increased my position by 65% this morning in the 40s. Set a sell limit at $200 so no shorts use them
    DragonFlyer likes this.
    03-27-13 02:00 PM
    Nice, increased my position by 65% this morning in the 40s. Set a sell limit at $200 so no shorts use them
    Nice, mine are in an RSP account so the shorts can't touch them.
    bungaboy and Charles Martin1 like this.
    03-27-13 02:02 PM
    BBRY Z10 Sales Slows in the Gulf - Yahoo! Finance

"According to the Canadian handset manufacturers, the company has received good pre-orders for the phone and are working with its two distributers in the Gulf region to keep pace with the demand. However, one of the two distributors has sold only 300,000 Z10 phones since its launch while a couple of online retailers are selling the phone at a discount of 15%. "

15% discounts are not uncommon. Rogers released it at $139 (7% less than $149). One carrier announcing 300K sales (half of these probably not included for the ER) indicates strong sales numbers, especially when you include canada and the UK. Its not surprising many US analysts are shorting because they have not been exposed to these regions.
    See how the Media paid by the shorts upside down the truth?
    Gulf region only consists of less than 4% of BB base. If one of the two distributors sold 300K Z10 in less than 2 month, then the total projected sale number in this region per Q will be around 300K X 2 X 3/2 = 900K.
    If Blackberry can sell this same number worldwide as that in this region, the the projected sales number for next Q will be 900K X 100/4 = 22.4 million!!!
    Therefore, the true tittle for this report shall be "Z10 sold like crazy in the Gulf Region".
    03-27-13 02:05 PM
    Loved this title...
    "Research In Motion Ltd (NASDAQ:BBRY) Quarterly Results Will Not Be Of Much Significance"

"The Street is waiting eagerly for Research In Motion Ltd (NASDAQ:BBRY) to declare its results on Thursday, but the fact of the matter is that the numbers, whatever they say, may not be of too much use to have any meaning."

Research In Motion Ltd (NASDAQ:BBRY) Quarterly Results Will Not Be Of Much Significance | US Market Buzz

Sorry, but the last time I checked this is business, and numbers mean EVERYTHING!
    I think he's correct. The launch of the z10 late int eh quarter and no Q10 phones at all in in the quarterly numbers they are reporting won't tell us if the turn around is in progress or not. You really need the current quarter and the next quarter to know. Yes it is important, but its not going to tell us much. We are only in the 3rd or 4th inning at most.
    03-27-13 02:05 PM
    You and I might not agree, and they may be wrong, but Zack's isn't being bought and sold by the shorts. They say that BBRY has a 35% market share in that region? By the same token then, Misek must be bought and paid for the longs?
    03-27-13 02:09 PM
    See how the Media paid by the shorts upside down the truth?
    Gulf region only consists of less than 4% of BB base. If one of the two distributors sold 300K Z10 in less than 2 month, then the total projected sale number in this region per Q will be around 300K X 2 X 3/2 = 900K.
    If Blackberry can sell this same number worldwide as that in this region, the the projected sales number for next Q will be 900K X 100/4 = 22.4 million!!!
    Therefore, the true tittle for this report shall be "Z10 sold like crazy in the Gulf Region".
    Here is the question for the shareholders:
    What will be the share price if Blackberry sold 22.4 million BB10 (Z10 + Q10 + whatever) in one quarter?
    03-27-13 02:13 PM
    I think he's correct. The launch of the z10 late int eh quarter and no Q10 phones at all in in the quarterly numbers they are reporting won't tell us if the turn around is in progress or not. You really need the current quarter and the next quarter to know. Yes it is important, but its not going to tell us much. We are only in the 3rd or 4th inning at most.
    I completely agree that this ER is only going to give us hints as to the actual health of the company and it's turnaround plan (despite all my cheerleading about a possible squeeze). But to write an article that says "the fact of the matter is that the numbers, whatever they say, may not be of too much use to have any meaning" and post it on a newsfeed is just bad journalism and silly. So if Blackberry reports 2.9 billion in cash, sold 2.2 million Z10s and its subs are at 85 million... that has no meaning? Likewise if they have $400 million in cash, sold 350 thousand Z10s and their subs are 62 million... still no meaning? Sorry, just humourous drivel to me.
    03-27-13 02:15 PM
    True that, but it only takes one inning to hit a homerun and take the lead back from the Shortie Shorts from Shortville.
    03-27-13 02:18 PM
    Is Thurston going to be on CNBC tomorrow afternoon.

Posted via CB10
    No. On Gilligan's Island.
    03-27-13 02:19 PM
    True that, but it only takes one inning to hit a homerun and take the lead back from the Shortie Shorts from Shortville.
    Let's hope so!! I have no position in BBRY right now, but I think shorting is an awful way to try to make money and profit from negativity and the misfortune of others.
    DragonFlyer likes this.
    03-27-13 02:22 PM
    The Shortstop Stopped the Shortie Shorts from Shortville with a Grand Slam Homerun!
    DragonFlyer likes this.
    03-27-13 02:26 PM
    Here are my thoughts.

Based on everything I have read, the checks I have done here in the US in the limited area around me (which yes I know is a drop in the bucket compared to the Global roll out strategy) and what I have heard from friends over seas....

I think we will see sales that are above predictions but not by any huge number. I also dont think the sub base is going to change greatly and I also dont believe that BB will have lost much of their cash reserve based on the limited marketing, the cost of which will mostly be reflected next quarter.

As for the SP based on what we have seen historically Id say that we will see a short term rally followed by a brief sell off. Over all we are looking at long term gains up until the release of the Q10. Im pretty reserved in my SP estimates but I would say that a SP of 20-30$ would be reasonable. Again just my thoughts though.
    03-27-13 02:30 PM
    $14.72 with 30 minutes to close. What's it gonna be?
    03-27-13 02:30 PM
    Dont jinx it haha
    03-27-13 02:31 PM
    I think it will close higher in anticipation of the ER in the morning. Maybe 15.10
    03-27-13 02:39 PM
    Way too low...
    03-27-13 02:40 PM
    Way too low...
    We need you to post those "good luck beer jugs" you posted the other day!
    03-27-13 02:42 PM
    anyone see the the volume for options? so many calls being bought
    03-27-13 02:43 PM
    Ok everyone predictions for closing price tomorrow?

I'm going to say 18.50 tsx
    ibpluto likes this.
    03-27-13 02:43 PM
    Interesting that it's not. I think a lot of would-be buyers are hesitant because of what happened last ER.

The price spiked way up in the final hour of trading in Dec, something like 8% iirc. Then the post market rise and fall.

I suspect people are a little more cautious this time around.
    peter9477 likes this.
    03-27-13 02:44 PM
    anyone see the the volume for options? so many calls being bought
    Might be a hedge play for the shorts. Opposite for me, long shares and own some puts.
    03-27-13 02:44 PM
    And those types of articles "ER doesn't matter " sure seem to be hedging some bets in case of good news...
    03-27-13 02:45 PM
    Bought 1 out of 3 call option blocks that I wanted. Might change the limit order on teh other two, might not. Money not ventured, not lost ;-)
    03-27-13 02:45 PM
113,252 ... 494495496497498 ...