702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Haha up 2%!
    Nice.
    03-27-13 01:22 PM
    and rising...
    OK volume today , stock meandering, we may see a rise into the close if some retail shorts get nervous. The big boys won't. It's clear both longs and shorts think they are absolutely right. Both will find something to crow about in the ER and spin it. Will TH rise to the challenge on the call - for me that is the great unknown and a bit worrisome. I am not sure who will be right in the short term. Good luck to everyone. My only unsolicited advice is to not panic on Thursday. On ER days, stocks almost always overshoot whether it be to the up or down side. If you believe, Thursday really isn't Judgment day, you need to see another quarter or so to really know. GLTA!
    bungaboy likes this.
    BBRY Z10 Sales Slows in the Gulf - Yahoo! Finance

"According to the Canadian handset manufacturers, the company has received good pre-orders for the phone and are working with its two distributers in the Gulf region to keep pace with the demand. However, one of the two distributors has sold only 300,000 Z10 phones since its launch while a couple of online retailers are selling the phone at a discount of 15%. "

15% discounts are not uncommon. Rogers released it at $139 (7% less than $149). One carrier announcing 300K sales (half of these probably not included for the ER) indicates strong sales numbers, especially when you include canada and the UK. Its not surprising many US analysts are shorting because they have not been exposed to these regions.
    03-27-13 01:23 PM
    Just so you know where we are right now:

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-rim-march-27-2013-chart.jpg

The stock is going to $ 14.77/shr which is the 50-dma, it will get there and start the process of scaring the shorts. The volume has picked up and we had a higher low this morning again, everything is in place to rally here. The 5-dma is slightly higher and it would fall easily here. The key driver is a close above the 50-dma, if that happens, the shorts will be very nervous. Toilet paper anyone? This is going to be fun. GL
    03-27-13 01:23 PM
    wow...you guys watching?
    Charles Martin1 likes this.
    03-27-13 01:24 PM
    I wonder if Misek saying that they sold at least 500k units has anything to do with this spike?
    03-27-13 01:24 PM
    I already put in some small sell orders with unreasonably high prices on them in case it shoots up in the next few days of trading. Nowhere near my whole position, but enough that I don't have to feel I need to watch things every minute.
    Bugmapper and Charles Martin1 like this.
    03-27-13 01:26 PM

"According to the Canadian handset manufacturers, the company has received good pre-orders for the phone and are working with its two distributers in the Gulf region to keep pace with the demand. However, one of the two distributors has sold only 300,000 Z10 phones since its launch while a couple of online retailers are selling the phone at a discount of 15%. "

15% discounts are not uncommon. Rogers released it at $139 (7% less than $149). One carrier announcing 300K sales (half of these probably not included for the ER) indicates strong sales numbers, especially when you include canada and the UK. Its not surprising many US analysts are shorting because they have not been exposed to these regions.

Yes. They have it wrong. 1.5 million sold...my fingers are crossed.
    03-27-13 01:26 PM
    wow...you guys watching?
    arent we always? lol
    03-27-13 01:27 PM
    Just so you know where we are right now:

The stock is going to $ 14.77/shr which is the 50-dma, it will get there and start the process of scaring the shorts. The volume has picked up and we had a higher low this morning again, everything is in place to rally here. The 5-dma is slightly higher and it would fall easily here. The key driver is a close above the 50-dma, if that happens, the shorts will be very nervous. Toilet paper anyone? This is going to be fun. GL
    Thanks M8. GL
    Shanerredflag likes this.
    03-27-13 01:29 PM
    I wonder if Misek saying that they sold at least 500k units has anything to do with this spike?
    Really? Expectation is that low? I thought the new estimate was 300k to 800k from Canacord. And Canacord is bearish. Misek is suppose to be bullish so I thought his figure would be closer to a million.
    03-27-13 01:29 PM
    Really? Expectation is that low? I thought the new estimate was 300k to 800k from Canacord. And Canacord is bearish. Misek is suppose to be bullish so I thought his figure would be closer to a million.
    It is too low. He's not any better than the short analysts. He is behind the stock now so what does he do? He goes out and sets the goal posts where he is pretty sure BBRY can get to. When they beat, he claims victory and hopes the stock rises. Just because he's bullish doesn't change his analysts stripes. Same game, different team, that's all.
    03-27-13 01:32 PM
    I told you the rally begins!
    03-27-13 01:34 PM
    Over 15, let's hope it stays that way for the rest of the day (TSX)
    03-27-13 01:36 PM
    $15.10, boy
    BlackistheBerry likes this.
    03-27-13 01:37 PM

I'm sorry, one of the two distributors in the Gulf has sold 300,000 and that is bad news? Am I missing something?
    03-27-13 01:39 PM
    Question for experienced folks: if there is a short-squeeze, will options also go up? I have quite a few options for 2014 expiry. But if there is a short squeeze, they'd be purchasing stocks, not options. right?
    03-27-13 01:40 PM
    Some large, large orders going through... thousands of shares at a time.
    03-27-13 01:41 PM
    One more thought, Prem obviously has some very wealthy friends, don't you think he could call in a favor or two to pump up the stock to get the shorts nervous before tomorrow?
    03-27-13 01:42 PM
    I just got back from the beer store. Did I miss anything?
    03-27-13 01:44 PM
    I'm sorry, one of the two distributors in the Gulf has sold 300,000 and that is bad news? Am I missing something?
    That's how stupid analysts are. Canaccord said 300,000 for the whole quarter. But now two distributors for 300,000 units is bad. Lol wut?
    Charles Martin1 and bungaboy like this.
    03-27-13 01:44 PM
    One more thought, Prem obviously has some very wealthy friends, don't you think he could call in a favor or two to pump up the stock to get the shorts nervous before tomorrow?
    If he gets caught he would potentially face jail time... wouldn't he?
    03-27-13 01:45 PM
    I just got back from the beer store. Did I miss anything?
    Just a nice rally thats all
    LuckyJP and Charles Martin1 like this.
    03-27-13 01:45 PM
    Question for experienced folks: if there is a short-squeeze, will options also go up? I have quite a few options for 2014 expiry. But if there is a short squeeze, they'd be purchasing stocks, not options. right?
    I think what we are seeing is in anticipation to the ER tomorrow morning.
    03-27-13 01:46 PM
113,256 ... 492493494495496 ...