View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    What happend to the Nasdaq feed. Mine stopped working.
    03-27-13 08:40 AM
    Could be a sizeable sell off today
    03-27-13 08:40 AM
    Could be a sizeable sell off today
    Looks possible. Already red on my charts. Not liking the early dip but hoping for a quick resurgence
    03-27-13 08:42 AM
    Looks possible. Already red on my charts. Not liking the early dip but hoping for a quick resurgence
    Finding I don't actually care. No matter where it ends today, tomorrow it either goes way up or way down.

Or, more likely, both...

bungaboy and Markymark 23 like this.
    03-27-13 08:43 AM
    trading so far very flat and low volume...calm before the storm!
    03-27-13 08:46 AM
    The worst! lol. Ill Buy American before Ill buy an import if the price tag isnt too killer and if the sum of the parts were actually MADE in American not assembled lol
    I agree! Kind of hard though when almost everything comes from China. Can't even walk in a Hobby Lobby and even eat at Cracker Barrell. All things there come from China.
    bungaboy likes this.
    03-27-13 08:46 AM
    You're right, I stand corrected. Not sure where I got the 4am from, I don't trade PM/AH myself.

Why does NASDAQ's own site (which I linked above) say PM trading starts at 7am? Are you in a different timezone than they are?
    03-27-13 08:47 AM
    If this thing ends deep in red I won't bother with puts for tomorrow, might just buy more calls.
    03-27-13 08:48 AM
    I agree! Kind of hard though when almost everything comes from China. Can't even walk in a Hobby Lobby and even eat at Cracker Barrell. All things there come from China.
    So true. Even "American Cars" are more mexican made parts now lol.

On the stock side of things, Im getting hit hard by Citi this morning which is concerning me more that BBRY for once. All the news with the Fed hitting them for stricter Money Laundering regulations has net me a nice loss over the last couple days which really diminishes anything Ill earn from BBRY since I have more C than anything,
    03-27-13 08:51 AM
    you guys should already know that there is always a dip right after open, no need to panic unless its dipping more than 4% imo
    03-27-13 08:52 AM
    you guys should already know that there is always a dip right after open, no need to panic unless its dipping more than 4% imo
    True, I just hate seeing almost all of my positions starting in the red in the morning... its like waking up on the wrong side of the bed, stubbing my toe and spilling my coffee...
    lcjr likes this.
    03-27-13 08:56 AM
    Today will be a flat trading day. No need to watch the markets unless you are entering a position before ER like I am.

Got a straddle setup for protection. April 5 $12 puts and April 20 $18 calls. I'm obviously much heavier on the call side

Reason for my $12 puts (0.17 cents) is that if we see a 10% drop tomorrow, that will put us in the $13 range. Reason for my $18 calls (0.37 cents) If we see an upside, plus short covering, I expect 20%+ pop (depending on the ER of course) and that gets us in the $17 range.
    kfh227 and zyben like this.
    03-27-13 08:57 AM
    @blackberry4biz just tweeted that 20th century Fox is rolling out blackberry10 and BES10.
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_00000171.png

Posted via CB10
    03-27-13 08:57 AM
    There is a mention of BB10 phones being sold out in Indonesia in one of the threads here. US Analysts thinks that only cheap phones will do well in Indonesia in view of the lower purchasing power. One needs to go to Jakarta and you will be sold. Indonesia has 274 million population..
    bungaboy likes this.
    03-27-13 08:59 AM
    An interesting read, looks like a carrier is taking on BES 10 so it can offer balance to smaller companies who don't want to invest in their own server. I think the corporate side of things is just getting going now and will provide solid numbers for next quarter.

"Support for BlackBerry's latest platform begins in early April
    Mobile operator EE has confirmed that it will start supporting BlackBerry Enterprise Service 10 from early next month, hoping to entice business users with the twin promise of superfast 4G mobile speeds and strong security.
    EE said it will start supporting BES 10 from 2 April for corporate and public sector customers.
    �The introduction of BlackBerry Enterprise Service 10 means we are the only network operator to offer enterprise-grade security across all mobile operating systems, covering 3G and 4G devices,� said Max Taylor, director of business at EE.
    One of the key features in BES 10 is BlackBerry's Balance system, that lets users run personal and work profiles on their handset, providing a neat way to separate business from leisure � a security boon for IT chiefs.
    Prices will start at �15 per month excluding VAT, on a two-year contract, with users getting a 1GB allocation of monthly mobile data. Firms wanting access to EE's 4G service, which is available in 37 UK cities at the time of writing, will have to pay an additional �3 per month.
    While many larger IT departments might choose to run their own BES 10 platform, the EE offer may appeal to smaller firms that have particularly sensitive to data security.
    BlackBerry launched its BlackBerry 10 platform to much fanfare earlier this year. But the reception has been somewhat muted, raising fears that it will do little to prevent the firm being crushed by the twin might of Apple and Samsung.
    03-27-13 09:04 AM
    There is a mention of BB10 phones being sold out in Indonesia in one of the threads here. US Analysts thinks that only cheap phones will do well in Indonesia in view of the lower purchasing power. One needs to go to Jakarta and you will be sold. Indonesia has 274 million population..
    Great point. The same assumption is being made for many of the countries in that region. There are people with money who will buy the phones regardless because not everyone is poor over there.
    bungaboy likes this.
    03-27-13 09:05 AM
    But how many can afford it?

Hope this goes over 15
    There was an article saying that the Z10 was mostly sold out in Bali as well.
    If this thing ends deep in red I won't bother with puts for tomorrow, might just buy more calls.
    Never intended on puts tomorrow. But loving that BBRY is holding here. Hoping to buy calls at the end of the day.
    DragonFlyer likes this.
    03-27-13 09:08 AM
    An interesting read, looks like a carrier is taking on BES 10 so it can offer balance to smaller companies who don't want to invest in their own server. I think the corporate side of things is just getting going now and will provide solid numbers for next quarter.

"Support for BlackBerry's latest platform begins in early April
    Mobile operator EE has confirmed that it will start supporting BlackBerry Enterprise Service 10 from early next month, hoping to entice business users with the twin promise of superfast 4G mobile speeds and strong security.
    EE said it will start supporting BES 10 from 2 April for corporate and public sector customers.
    What an excellent idea.

I love how clearly this management team sees their value proposition.

Posted via CB10
    03-27-13 09:10 AM
    True, I just hate seeing almost all of my positions starting in the red in the morning... its like waking up on the wrong side of the bed, stubbing my toe and spilling my coffee...
    And some days . . . . . . getting caught in the zipper.
    03-27-13 09:14 AM
    And some days . . . . . . getting caught in the zipper.
    *Cringe*
    03-27-13 09:18 AM
  23. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    bullish on Blackberry .. just bought another 22,000 shares ...
    03-27-13 09:19 AM
    Wow look how many mar.28 calls are being bought.
    kfh227 likes this.
    03-27-13 09:21 AM
    bullish on Blackberry .. just bought another 22,000 shares ...
    Holy.Shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii.

Anywhoo, kinda mad that analysts have seemed to up their forcasts on sales. Would have been nice to see a blow out on the predictions.
    bungaboy and morganplus8 like this.
    03-27-13 09:21 AM
113,256 ... 486487488489490 ...