View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    i dont think we should place so much importance on the ER.

The only reason for that would be if you are looking to close your position or looking to make a quick day trade to lock in some profits.

As some other people have mentioned the short interest is absolutely huge.

If there is one thing I have learnt in my life it is, when there is a lot of money at stake things happen! for this reason more than likely the ER will be bashed. Long term i think the business is healthy, the new product is great and the vision for the future is solid. Stick in there.
    03-27-13 06:59 AM
    are we sad? ..... the fact I'm more excited about an earnings report then the actual launch of the device? ....LOL

One more sleep .....
    03-27-13 07:00 AM
    Hey everyone. Looking good so far. I know its early and all but up .11 in pre-market
    lcjr likes this.
    03-27-13 07:19 AM
    When there is a large short position, selling puts becomes very lucrative. Yesterday, BBRY December 15 strikes were yielding 34% annualized premium. That yield doesn't include the gains you can gain from reinvesting that premium for the 9 months either. Gotta love it.

Powered by QNX
    03-27-13 07:23 AM
    Those SA articles don't open on my 9900.

Ask me if I care...

I don't.
    DragonFlyer and bungaboy like this.
    03-27-13 07:28 AM
    Good morning BBRY'ers and BB'ers!! I thought this comment was very interesting, its from All ThingsD:

One in Five BlackBerry 10 Apps Is Really an Android App - Ina Fried - Mobile - AllThingsD

<<< according to Martyn Mallick, BlackBerry’s vice president for global alliances and business development >>>
    " ................ As for the U.S. launch, Mallick said he isn’t putting too much stock in reports that the Z10 is getting a lukewarm response at AT&T. Wait until the phone launches at T-Mobile and Verizon, he said.

“Take a look over the next couple of weeks,” he said. “I expect we will see a stronger response.”

It sounds as though the AT&T launch wasn't expected to be very strong to begin with, from what we can see, T-Mobile has done a great job so far. Interesting.
    03-27-13 07:30 AM
    Good morning BBRY'ers and BB'ers!! I thought this comment was very interesting, its from All ThingsD:

One in Five BlackBerry 10 Apps Is Really an Android App - Ina Fried - Mobile - AllThingsD

<<< according to Martyn Mallick, BlackBerry’s vice president for global alliances and business development >>>
    " ................ As for the U.S. launch, Mallick said he isn’t putting too much stock in reports that the Z10 is getting a lukewarm response at AT&T. Wait until the phone launches at T-Mobile and Verizon, he said.

“Take a look over the next couple of weeks,” he said. “I expect we will see a stronger response.”

It sounds as though the AT&T launch wasn't expected to be very strong to begin with, from what we can see, T-Mobile has done a great job so far. Interesting.
    I agree. I just wish T-Mo would get their online upgrade back up. The high demand volume crashed it yesterday lol so I cant order my new Z10 (Closest T-mo store is 40 min away )
    morganplus8 and bungaboy like this.
    03-27-13 07:34 AM
    I was scanning to see if it was posted, but does anyone know what time the actual results come out tomorrow? I know the conference call is at 8. Would it be around 5:30-6?
    03-27-13 07:36 AM
    I was scanning to see if it was posted, but does anyone know what time the actual results come out tomorrow? I know the conference call is at 8. Would it be around 5:30-6?
    I don't think that time is generally posted, but in past I think it's always been almost immediately after markets closed, and roughly an hour before the start of the actual call. What we seem to see is the media outlets get the press release emailed, and some time later, maybe 15-30 minutes, it finally shows up on the web site for us plebes to download.
    bungaboy likes this.
    03-27-13 07:40 AM
    I don't think that time is generally posted, but in past I think it's always been almost immediately after markets closed, and roughly an hour before the start of the actual call. What we seem to see is the media outlets get the press release emailed, and some time later, maybe 15-30 minutes, it finally shows up on the web site for us plebes to download.
    This time because of Good Friday, they are being released in the morning on Thursday. From my previous experience, having worked in other companies, we would release the results at 6AM, with the call being at 8AM. I guess we'll know when the stock is halted in the pre-market tomorrow morning.
    bungaboy likes this.
    03-27-13 07:44 AM
    alright, warm up ... ready ?
    Attached Thumbnails The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-capture.png  
    03-27-13 07:47 AM
    alright, warm up ... ready ?
    Always ready!

On a side note Ive never traded Options before so I just gave myself a 15 min tutorial... thats an interesting investment strategy. Hedging your bets based on what you think the stock will do in the upcoming months. I like it.
    03-27-13 07:53 AM
    $22 dollars a share

Again Reiterating their stance before the numbers hit the fans. I think that this will show us some good stock increase today
    bungaboy and Tech Consultant like this.
    03-27-13 07:56 AM
    This time because of Good Friday, they are being released in the morning on Thursday. From my previous experience, having worked in other companies, we would release the results at 6AM, with the call being at 8AM. I guess we'll know when the stock is halted in the pre-market tomorrow morning.
    I knew it was in the morning, I just mentioned the "after markets closed" thing by way of showing it has lately been about an hour before the call started.

More data: TSX has no premarket trading, while NASDAQ pre-markets hours are 7:00 a.m. to 9:30 a.m.

That means if they did post the results before then, like 6:00am, trading might not even be halted. (It wasn't halted during the call last time, right? That's why it was climbing, climbing, then tanked when Thorsten put his foot in it about service fees.)
    03-27-13 07:59 AM
    I don't think trading will be halted
    OMGitworks likes this.
    03-27-13 08:09 AM
    Another Good article this morning.

Good points too. I think they fail to see tho that BBRY is already working hard to crunch back in on Canada but he hits it on the head when he says that Canadian are good Solid people that will buy BB phones out of, if nothing else, national pride.
    03-27-13 08:09 AM
    $22 dollars a share

Again Reiterating their stance before the numbers hit the fans. I think that this will show us some good stock increase today
    Bernstein recommends being long into Blackberry numbers as it expects a decent B10 launch and positive shipment momentum over then coming months. Shares are Outperform rated with a $22 price target.
    03-27-13 08:12 AM
    I knew it was in the morning, I just mentioned the "after markets closed" thing by way of showing it has lately been about an hour before the call started.

More data: TSX has no premarket trading, while NASDAQ pre-markets hours are 7:00 a.m. to 9:30 a.m.

That means if they did post the results before then, like 6:00am, trading might not even be halted. (It wasn't halted during the call last time, right? That's why it was climbing, climbing, then tanked when Thorsten put his foot in it about service fees.)
    Hmm, I believe the stock is normally halted as soon as the results come out, then trading continues while the call is happening. I guess we'll see tomorrow lol.
    03-27-13 08:12 AM
    Another Good article this morning.

Good points too. I think they fail to see tho that BBRY is already working hard to crunch back in on Canada but he hits it on the head when he says that Canadian are good Solid people that will buy BB phones out of, if nothing else, national pride.
    I don't buy based on where it is manufactured or based. I buy on what it is and does. Does that make me a bad Canuck?
    03-27-13 08:14 AM
    PM starts at 4am. PM Trading will probably be stopped for a bit when the ER gets published to allow digestion.

I don't think trading will be halted
    leafs123 likes this.
    03-27-13 08:19 AM
    I don't buy based on where it is manufactured or based. I buy on what it is and does. Does that make me a bad Canuck?
    The worst! lol. Ill Buy American before Ill buy an import if the price tag isnt too killer and if the sum of the parts were actually MADE in American not assembled lol
    bungaboy likes this.
    03-27-13 08:22 AM
    I named my third ulcer "Barry"
    bungaboy and DragonFlyer like this.
    03-27-13 08:28 AM
    Opening up at 14.62... Here we go
    03-27-13 08:31 AM
    PM starts at 4am. PM Trading will probably be stopped for a bit when the ER gets published to allow digestion.
    Why does NASDAQ's own site (which I linked above) say PM trading starts at 7am? Are you in a different timezone than they are?
    03-27-13 08:33 AM
    Hmm, I believe the stock is normally halted as soon as the results come out, then trading continues while the call is happening. I guess we'll see tomorrow lol.
    Heheh... yeah, I said nothing different than that. Re-read my post. :-)
    03-27-13 08:34 AM
113,256 ... 485486487488489 ...