View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    It's halftime 0-0 so far. .
    BTW : Z10 hub ad right now. We have a lot now, every important spot is filed. Nice!

Posted via CB10
    Good match, tough result for France. Probably a fair result as that first half take down was probably a PK, but I am betting you and you countryman and woman didn't see it that way!
    Shanerredflag likes this.
    03-26-13 06:21 PM
    Amen!

I might be off on a couple of numbers because I don't handle their accounting. Even if some data gets pushed out to Q1 - FY14, the numbers are going to look better in areas of handset sales as the carriers bled themselves dry last year. We paid the price for them clearing the shelves but things are different this time around. You have to love the potential, exponential upside if they hit it out of the park!

The second area is subs, they can count handsets shipped but they can't count them as subs so that number is a bit grey there. The shorts will be all over these numbers as their life depends upon it. At the end of the day, they could be showing a profit and cash near $ 2.8 billion if Heins played the numbers right, I think he did.

Good luck and thanks for the compliment!
    Bears just came out with an forbes article about how subs are going to be the "most important metric" for blackberry... so they are probably going to milk that since they may have little else.
    03-26-13 06:24 PM
    The ONLY way the sp goes down if people short. We should be at $17 before the propaganda news about AT&T. 1/3 of the company has been SOLD short. Short interests have been paying the media to report misinformation. My theory is apple through hedge funds is shorting BlackBerry .90% chance its apple doing the shorting

Posted via CB10
    03-26-13 06:26 PM
    This investor may become very rich when the SP jump 30% on March 28. He or she can make $3.2 million with $0.56 million option cost in less than four days.
    Or they could be hedging a large short position and/or locking in a profit on same. .
    03-26-13 06:26 PM
    Either way, after Thursday I'm taking a break from trading for a while. Gotta get back to the real world and do some actual work.
    03-26-13 06:33 PM
    Oddity alert: RIM trading at big premium to analyst targets
    DAVID BERMAN
    The Globe and Mail
    Published Tuesday, Mar. 26 2013, 5:29 PM EDT
    Last updated Tuesday, Mar. 26 2013, 5:32 PM EDT

We tend to put down analysts as being overly optimistic about stocks, but are pessimistic analysts any better?

The question has become an important one among investors, due to the puzzling spread between the share price of Research In Motion Ltd. and the average analyst opinion on the stock.

The shares have been doing relatively well over the past six months, doubling from their lows amid rising expectations for the company’s new lineup of smartphones, the BlackBerry 10.

Yet, just 15 per cent of analysts recommend the stock as a “buy” after Goldman Sachs lowered its recommendation to “neutral” this week.

What’s more, the average 12-month price target among analysts is about $12, which means that the actual share price of RIM is about 20 per cent above analysts’ targets.

According to Bloomberg News, that’s by far the highest “premium” among all 239 stocks within the S&P/TSX composite index. It’s also a rarity, given that most share prices are well below bullish analyst targets.

Contrarian investors might see the premium on RIM shares as a good reason to buy the stock: Without bullish analysts, expectations are low, giving the stock plenty of room to rise if RIM’s prospects show the slightest improvement.

However, research suggests that analyst targets don’t have a lot of usefulness in predicting the direction of share prices – and bearish target prices are no better than bullish ones.

Ireneus Stanislawek of Switzerland-based 1741 Asset Management looked at analyst recommendations for stocks in the MSCI World Index over the past 10 years. He found that the stocks with the best ratings underperformed the average of all stocks over the subsequent one-, three-, six- and 12-month periods.

Stocks with the worst ratings also underperformed, while stocks in the middle – with “bad” “medium” and “good” ratings – performed the best. His conclusion? “There is virtually no statistical correlation between a stock’s rating and its subsequent performance.”

But before you disregard what analysts are saying about RIM, and other stocks, keep in mind that analysts’ revisions could matter a lot more than their actual opinions.

Ronen Feldman at the Jerusalem School of Business Administration, Joshua Livnat at the Stern School of Business Administration and Yuan Zhang at the Columbia Business School, found that stocks tend to follow revisions in analyst recommendations and target prices – largely because these revisions occur relatively infrequently, which increases their importance to the market.

The result, they argue, “has important implications to investors who can better position their portfolios to take advantage of recent analyst revisions.”

In the case of RIM, analysts have certainly been busy: So far this year, there have been at least 16 revisions to their opinions on the stock, in terms of target prices and recommendations.

There is no clear pattern here; six of the changes have been upgrades, and 10 have been downgrades. Yes, it’s a muddle. And that might explain why the share price is bouncing from one opinion to the next.
    Markymark 23 and Bugmapper like this.
    03-26-13 06:34 PM
    Bears just came out with an forbes article about how subs are going to be the "most important metric" for blackberry... so they are probably going to milk that since they may have little else.
    Exactly...laying the foundation to quote back too.

Posted via CB10
    03-26-13 06:36 PM
    Currently trading below liquidation value. Anyway you cut it, Blackberry is cheap right now. At&T or Verizon failure....US sales only account for 20% of current revs. I still think Blackberry is a takeover target. Lenovo, IBM, Microsoft, Oracle, Dell, you name it. Bids would would start at mid to high 20's. Anyone geek about QNX knows it's power.... an asset worth far more than the books suggest.

"Short term the stock market is a voting machine, long term it's a weighing machine" -Ben Graham
    03-26-13 06:36 PM
    BTW...great posts today

Posted via CB10
    cjcampbell likes this.
    03-26-13 06:37 PM
    Hello friends,
    Just got back from my local T-Mobile store here in Socal. Aside from myself, four others bought z10s in 40 minutes I spent there.

Posted via CB10
    03-26-13 06:38 PM
    [QUOTE=morganplus8;8200471]BBNation,

Wow, that's not asking too much!!! Suffice it to say, I am long the stock and no hedge here. The chart pattern is shaping up to be very bullish and it could start as soon as tomorrow:

Thanks again for wonderful analysis. Two enemies left, Shorts negative spin about ER and TH himself as speaker, not as CEO. I hope he is well trained and scripted all possible questions and scenerios for this call as he has been bad communicator since he took over BB. He needs to repeat the message out that BB10 selling well, licenscing is still open, Q10 is on the way, cos cutting working well, lots of cash on hand so BB is not going any where. This is first and last chance to kill shorts, after this ER either they will be evern stronger or run away..
    03-26-13 06:39 PM
    I love my Z10.. but serously, I was not " " when it got charged to my credit card. I like the phone, but do not enjoy footing the bill!

My verizon wireless pre-order just got charged to my credit card

Edit: The Verizon Wireless lady on the phone was very excited. She said blackberry people were in the building today showing it off to them and she said she was going to get one even though she thought the company sucked until now. lol
    03-26-13 06:40 PM
    Bought 100 shares of BBRY today... here's hoping for a good earnings report on Thursday!
    03-26-13 06:41 PM
    I love my Z10.. but serously, I was not " " when it got charged to my credit card. I like the phone, but do not enjoy footing the bill!
    No pain . . . . No gain!
    03-26-13 06:43 PM
    Been lurking for a while, seems like a great place. Stay Strong try not to sell if you can help it, that only plays into the Shorts hand.
    Bought another 1000 shares this morning if it drops after ER I'll buy another bunch..: "In for the long can't go wrong" cool:
    Welcome to "the fun house, the crazy house, the house of a million laughs".
    DragonFlyer likes this.
    03-26-13 06:49 PM
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-fun-house.jpg.......
    bungaboy likes this.
    03-26-13 06:52 PM
    Jeez yall are talking about selling now? What happened to balls of steel?
    I'm not. I believe it's in much better shape than anyone believes.
    lcjr and fedakd like this.
    03-26-13 06:53 PM
    Woops, accidentally replied before I was done. Anyway, there was a BlackBerry rep stationed at the store who was extremely knowledgeable about the z10 and was bursting with enthusiasm. She wanted to make sure that everyone's questions were answered and went so far as giving her card to purchasers and telling all of us to call her if we had any further questions. Nice work by BlackBerry there. She recognized I was a huge fan and gave me some BlackBerry shwag!

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_00000005.jpg

Who's jealous?!

Posted via CB10
    03-26-13 06:53 PM
    Well this adds a little more to the recipe.

BlackBerry 10 users in the US can now watch TV shows from PBS, Univision and Viacom

Following its recent collaboration with digital music distribution service Zimbalam, BlackBerry has bolstered its content offering on the BlackBerry World storefront today by partnering with a trio of new TV networks and production companies.

Shows by PBS, Univision and Viacom have been added to the store, bringing popular shows such as Downton Abbey and programming from channels such as Comedy Central, MTV and Nickelodeon to BlackBerry’s existing video catalog.

The additional content is exclusive to BlackBerry 10 users in the US, however, and there’s no word yet on a wider international release.

The trio join the following broadcasters, which were announced prior to the launch of BlackBerry 10 in January; ABC Studios, BBC Worldwide, CBC/Radio-Canada, CBS, DHX Media, ITV, National Geographic, NBCUniversal (UK), Nelvana, Sony Pictures Home Entertainment (US), Starz Digital Media, Twentieth Century Fox Television, Univision Communications Inc, and Warner Bros.

Likewise, BlackBerry World has garnered support from almost all of the big-name film studios and indies; 20th Century Fox, Entertainment One, Lionsgate, MGM, National Film Board of Canada, Paramount Pictures, Sony Pictures Home Entertainment, Starz Digital Media, STUDIOCANAL, The Walt Disney Studios, Universal Pictures, Warner Bros.

“Our audiences are increasingly turning to their smartphones to drop in on South Park, Jersey Shore, or SpongeBob SquarePants in Bikini Bottom anytime, anywhere they’d like,” said Tom Gorke, Senior Vice President of Content Distribution for Viacom Media Networks. “BlackBerry 10 is a great and growing platform for audiences to catch up with their favorite shows on the go, and for Viacom to extend the expansive reach of its beloved brands.”

The move is a significant one for BlackBerry, which is quickly trying to build up its content offering to compete with iTunes on iOS and Google Play on Android. Doing so will help to differentiate itself from the other mobile operating systems competing for third position, such as Microsoft’s Windows Phone and Mozilla’s upcoming Firefox OS.

It’s early days just yet, but the problem for BlackBerry will likely be persuading its users to buy this content on a regular basis, rather than getting household names to offer it in the first place.
    Kid Vibe and Shanerredflag like this.
    03-26-13 06:54 PM
    Woops, accidentally replied before I was done. Anyway, there was a BlackBerry rep stationed at the store who was extremely knowledgeable about the z10 and was bursting with enthusiasm. She wanted to make sure that everyone's questions were answered and went so far as giving her card to purchasers and telling all of us to call her if we had any further questions. Nice work by BlackBerry there. She recognized I was a huge fan and gave me some BlackBerry shwag!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_00000005.jpg 
Views:	519 
Size:	45.1 KB 
ID:	144208

Who's jealous?!

Posted via CB10

NICE!~!!~!
    03-26-13 06:55 PM

Who's jealous?!

Posted via CB10
    WTH!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted via CB10 on a BLACK Z10!
    I've not been quite as leveraged or over weight on a single company as I am currently. Though well in the green at close today.

Very excited to watch the next couple of days one way or another.

Posted via CB10
    Welcome aboard. It is quite the ride so buckle up.
    He who holds the shares wins. Simplicity at its best.
    03-26-13 06:56 PM
    By the way, loving my shiny new z10!!!

Posted via CB10
    Bugmapper, bungaboy and ibpluto like this.
    03-26-13 06:57 PM
    WTH!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted via CB10 on a BLACK Z10!
    I know...I want shwag!!
    Bugmapper, bungaboy and zyben like this.
    03-26-13 06:57 PM
113,250 ... 481482483484485 ...