View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    I don't get why brightstar buying a million phones is a bad thing. If they didn't want to carry the risk, then why bother ordering so many?

Posted via CB10
    03-26-13 11:27 AM
    Any insights on the sales at T-Mobile outlet? I won't be surprise some analysts would do a random or selective survey and write a negative note for tomorrow ahead of ER
    Another thread says they don't start actually selling in the stores until tomorrow, not today. Then Verizon the day after, on Thursday.
    03-26-13 11:29 AM
    I don't get why brightstar buying a million phones is a bad thing. If they didn't want to carry the risk, then why bother ordering so many?
    Posted via CB10
    It's not a bad thing. But shorts are going to put a negative spin on any news. This case is no different. I think we'd have to wait untill June or Sep (now that we know Q10 is not going to be available before May) before this stock STOPS reacting to fake news.

Untill then, shorts are going to push out negative spins and this stock will continue to react wildly (up and down, mostly down). But this stock will light up, by the time we get results for full quarter sales of Z10 and Q10. Keep in mind, we'd also be close to introduction of new BB models by that time. And BB10 would also have received tons of more apps by that time. So, that's the time when this stock will really light up!
    03-26-13 11:30 AM
    It's obviously not a bad thing, but they can spin any news, no matter how positive, in SOME negative fashion.

"CrackBerry member characterizes Brightstar purchase as risky!" followed by some drivel that may not even be relevant to the headline... how am I doing so far? ;-)
    erodenero and bungaboy like this.
    03-26-13 11:31 AM
    I'm jealous my wife has yet to give me approval to do the same. But I'm fighting the good fight lol
    The power of the wife. I know exactly what you mean. Have to pick your battles. lol
    MoolahMitch likes this.
    03-26-13 11:32 AM
    Filling nicely...little bump up, day is going just fine so far.
    Markymark 23 likes this.
    03-26-13 11:34 AM
    It's not a bad thing. But shorts are going to put a negative spin on any news. This case is no different. I think we'd have to wait untill June or Sep (now that we know Q10 is not going to be available before May) before this stock STOPS reacting to fake news.

Untill then, shorts are going to push out negative spins and this stock will continue to react wildly (up and down, mostly down). But this stock will light up, by the time we get results for full quarter sales of Z10 and Q10. Keep in mind, we'd also be close to introduction of a new models by that time. And BB10 would also have received tons of more apps by that time. So, that's the time when this stock will really light up!
    i recall in sept/oct earning call the stock jumped up 25%, im sure the short interest was still pretty high, dont you think?
    I know that shorts will turn ER into negative some how but if ER is really good then bulls will kill shorts. Based on last 2 months price, volumet, sell offs on launch day I think lots of big boys waiting for good ER report. If ER is good and margins improved there will be massive buy and this thing could hit 20s within hours.
    Is there an afternoon rally in the making?
    morganplus8 and DragonFlyer like this.
    03-26-13 11:35 AM

Posted via CB10
    It's not about brightstar carrying risk, it's about Verizon not wanting to take a risk.
    Basically, the negativity comes from people "thinking" that Verizon didn't want to stock a phone that might not sell, so they instead get a distributor, who would distribute to many different companies, to stock the product.

Basically, instead of
    BlackBerry -----> Verizon
    the supply chain is
    BlackBerry -----> Brightstar ------> Verizon/Other Stores

Meaning the order of 1 Million technically didn't come from one company, but from "many companies", because after all a distributor just buys stuff and resells to many other companies.
    03-26-13 11:36 AM
    And now they're trying to attack this using the return policy angle......relentless.

Posted via CB10
    03-26-13 11:37 AM
    The power of the wife. I know exactly what you mean. Have to pick your battles. lol
    My wife has power over me in many areas, but not my work and my toys (cars, computers, phones, etc) - she has absolutely no say in these areas, I don't even discuss them with her, but do share my excitements.
    bungaboy, Acumenight and lcjr like this.
    03-26-13 11:46 AM
    It's not about brightstar carrying risk, it's about Verizon not wanting to take a risk.
    Basically, the negativity comes from people "thinking" that Verizon didn't want to stock a phone that might not sell, so they instead get a distributor, who would distribute to many different companies, to stock the product.

Basically, instead of
    BlackBerry -----> Verizon
    the supply chain is
    BlackBerry -----> Brightstar ------> Verizon/Other Stores

Meaning the order of 1 Million technically didn't come from one company, but from "many companies", because after all a distributor just buys stuff and resells to many other companies.
    Exactly, they've likely been screwed already for other phones in the past.
    03-26-13 11:50 AM
    I just want BB to partner with Lenovo! I think that would be great!
    03-26-13 11:56 AM
    I agree and disagree. I agree to the low low end where they can hit that price point and be able to hit certain markets, but BB should, in my opinion, stay in the mid to high end range. There's lot's of money to be had in handsets. It used to be the majority of BB's revenue. If there wasn't, then why would so many handset makers be out there using Android? Because there's money to be made. And then one has to ask, why would they pay BB for the use of BB10 when they can get Android for free, essentially, and it comes with a well established ecosystem. Licensing is a good opportunity, but not in the sense that we, and the media, have been assuming.
    03-26-13 12:02 PM
    I agree and disagree. I agree to the low low end where they can hit that price point and be able to hit certain markets, but BB should, in my opinion, stay in the mid to high end range. There's lot's of money to be had in handsets. It used to be the majority of BB's revenue. If there wasn't, then why would so many handset makers be out there using Android? Because there's money to be made. And then one has to ask, why would they pay BB for the use of BB10 when they can get Android for free, essentially, and it comes with a well established ecosystem. Licensing is a good opportunity, but not in the sense that we, and the media, have been assuming.
    I personally think its a good idea just for entering the Chinese Market. Maybe they could offer low end devices with Lenovo in that area only and keep the rest of the world with a mid-high range... But who knows.
    03-26-13 12:10 PM
    Anyone buying any option protection ahead of ER and the spin doctors? Selling the Apr 15 puts seems like a nice risk if you can cover the margin and fees and still sleep at night. Pocket the premium if it rises or end up at $13.50-$13.75 a share BBRY if it tanks.
    03-26-13 12:20 PM
    Sorry but China and security just don't work for me. Any of the government that was still using BB would not be for long
    03-26-13 12:22 PM
    Sorry but China and security just don't work for me. Any of the government that was still using BB would not be for long
    Ditto here. I would drop BlackBerry in a heartbeat if Lenovo ended up with any deal other than a license to use a crippled version of BB10
    Markymark 23 and erodenero like this.
    03-26-13 12:30 PM
    You wouldn't trust a BB10 laptop made by Lenovo?
    03-26-13 12:31 PM
    Any insights on the sales at T-Mobile outlet? I won't be surprise some analysts would do a random or selective survey and write a negative note for tomorrow ahead of ER
    Is that a confession? LoL
    DragonFlyer likes this.
    03-26-13 12:36 PM
    im in NYC and I just came back from a TMobile during my lunch break. I have to say that TMobile support greatly surpasses that of AT&T's.

On launch day at AT&T, i found zero advertisements/banners etc. Today, before I even entered TMobile I noticed a Z10 sign on the door, as well as a Z10 poster on the window. I walk in, and I see a few blackberry balloons on the floor. I also see two women packing up their bags with what looked like Blackberry material (they must've just had a demonstration). My point is, blackberry's presence was much more prominent at TMobile

oh yeah, I also noticed that the Z10 had its own section/corner. At AT&T, the Z10 was mashed in with some other phones in an obscure location
    03-26-13 12:36 PM
    Yup. This is one I will fight lol
    Bugmapper likes this.
    03-26-13 12:37 PM
    BlackBerry Z10 Phones Fly Like Penguins Off Shelves In U.S. - Forbes

Not another day without negative highlights to the stock....
    Could be the worst title to an article ive ever read. Penguins?? cmon
    bungaboy likes this.
    03-26-13 12:38 PM
    Or, they could just get you to write it.
    My thoughts . . . . .
    03-26-13 12:38 PM
113,256 ... 477478479480481 ...