View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    I've had this stock for two months almost and I'm still at even... Might as well bought it today minus all those crazy emotions. IMO seems like those who thought long term but did played like it was short did well... blah!

BlackBerry 10: Never have investors and analysts been so far apart | FP Tech Desk | Financial Post
    That's where the saying comes from; "Takes money to make money". Those that have a hundred grand and more in this can make serious cash on these peaks and dips. We're small time just playing around. Hey, at least we're involved.
    DragonFlyer and bungaboy like this.
    03-26-13 09:48 AM
    Picked up some more shares on the dip yesterday. I'm in now 500 shares with an average price of $15.50. Small yet significant position for a soon-to-be college graduate.

Not to mention the majority of that investment came from profits when I originally got in under $8/share and sold on one of the $16+ surges.

As a side note: I'm still rocking my 98 4runner with 195k on the dial, soon to be heavily modded. Never thought I'd own foreign as my dad is a union president, whoops! He just got a 2013 Ram 1500 to go along with my moms Grand Cherokee, aren't we an eco-friendly family!
    Last edited by bergeron37; 03-26-13 at 10:04 AM.
    03-26-13 09:49 AM
    That's where the saying comes from; "Takes money to make money". Those that have a hundred grand and more in this can make serious cash on these peaks and dips. We're small time just playing around. Hey, at least we're involved.
    Yea, huge investments def have a different strategy... I do consider my investment quite large (1000+ shares) but it's a bit scary to trade with that amount IMO. Especially for a noob like myself. Let's hope this thing pops over 15 by today and stays there tomorrow... I'm excited for Thursday... unless something ****ty happens.
    lcjr and Superfly_FR like this.
    03-26-13 09:51 AM
    Yea, huge investments def have a different strategy... I do consider my investment quite large (1000+ shares) but it's a bit scary to trade with that amount IMO. Especially for a noob like myself. Let's hope this thing pops over 15 by today and stays there tomorrow... I'm excited for Thursday... unless something ****ty happens.
    Wow, you've really added to your investment here. I agree, with that much riding on the line I would be more carefull as well. I'm positive you'll be really happy come mid April. Apparently, this SP dips around ER time but recovers quickly.
    bungaboy and Kid Vibe like this.
    03-26-13 09:56 AM
    Consider buying puts to protect your position. Depends on where(price) you got your shares, it can lock in some gains for you at a fraction of the value
    Kid Vibe likes this.
    03-26-13 09:58 AM
    Picked up some more shares on the dip yesterday. I'm in now 500 shares with an average price of $15.50. Small yet significant position for a soon-to-be college graduate.

As a side note: I'm still rocking my 98 4runner with 195k on the dial, soon to be heavily modded. Never thought I'd own foreign as my dad is a union president, whoops! He just got a 2013 Ram 1500 to go along with my moms Grand Cherokee, aren't we an eco-friendly family!
    Way kewl. I'm waiting to use this for a few new toys myself. I'll stick to the simplistic things though like getting another CJ and getting it ready for Colorado weather and trails. Need one to get to some good fly-fishing spots.
    03-26-13 10:02 AM
    Really hope BBRY surges above 15 by tomorrow, need to complete my insured bull strategy
    03-26-13 10:05 AM
    I'm really happy it's still in the green. I can't wait for the ER to pass so this thing will be back up over $16 (my guess) and start rallying.
    spike12 likes this.
    03-26-13 10:10 AM
    What exactly does that do? How do you feel this will effect the SP?
    No real effect on SP... I'm just hoping to see a short squeeze so, the more shorts, the better. Also, it means to me that the SP is artificially low, not naturally at $15 but being "artificially" held down. (I know, I know, shorts are people too and they have valid opinions sometimes) Anyway, it kinda validates my estimate of BB being around $20 if there were no vultures circling.
    lcjr, DragonFlyer and bungaboy like this.
    03-26-13 10:32 AM
    No real effect on SP... I'm just hoping to see a short squeeze so, the more shorts, the better. Also, it means to me that the SP is artificially low, not naturally at $15 but being "artificially" held down. (I know, I know, shorts are people too and they have valid opinions sometimes) Anyway, it kinda validates my estimate of BB being around $20 if there were no vultures circling.
    So what happns when actual numbers are released? They can continue shorting and manipulating, right? Don't they have to account for things?
    03-26-13 10:39 AM
    Hi all, I manage to pick up one Z10 as they were not allowing multiple purchases per customer the wife's not too happy.

They had 8 and the first two were myself and another guy and a queue formed behind us with two people asking me about the phone.

Posted via CB10
    03-26-13 10:49 AM
    Hi all, I manage to pick up one Z10 as they were not allowing multiple purchases per customer the wife's not too happy.

They had 8 and the first two were myself and another guy and a queue formed behind us with two people asking me about the phone.

Posted via CB10
    Congrats!
    03-26-13 10:51 AM
    So what happns when actual numbers are released? They can continue shorting and manipulating, right? Don't they have to account for things?
    I'd like to know too. I suspect the same shennanigans will go on but to what extent?

And on a totally unrelated note.....CNBC has not mentioned BBRY once today. Why not? Are they done with their less-than-informed reporting (exception the Misek video) or are they ramping up for a last ditch onslaught? Maybe they've actually started analyzing the garbage reporting they've been responsible for and realized....they might be off base??? Their silence is deafening.
    03-26-13 10:52 AM

Posted via CB10
    I like how the first phone is yours. lol Too funny! Let us know how you like it as you mess around with it today. Keeps us occupied...
    MoolahMitch likes this.
    03-26-13 10:53 AM
    I'd like to know too. I suspect the same shennanigans will go on but to what extent?

And on a totally unrelated note.....CNBC has not mentioned BBRY once today. Why not? Are they done with their less-than-informed reporting (exception the Misek video) or are they ramping up for a last ditch onslaught? Maybe they've actually started analyzing the garbage reporting they've been responsible for and realized....they might be off base??? Their silence is deafening.
    That would be nice, but I wouldn't give them that much credit. I think they might be just waiting for Thursday so they can say "I told you so" or "we always knew BB was a winner".
    Markymark 23 and bungaboy like this.
    03-26-13 10:55 AM
    No, it's not going to be any kind of comeuppance or anything, it's more like shining a light in the dark corners to see how many gremlins are lurking around. You know they are there but you don't know how many until the numbers are reported every couple of weeks. They only have to account for things if the SP skyrockets and their brokers call in their loans, and that only happens if they are too far in debt. Otherwise they can short for as long and as much as they want.
    bungaboy and Markymark 23 like this.
    03-26-13 10:57 AM
    Here's a review that gives credit when it is due, and I believe would help sell the phones to a lot of US customers out there. They seem to have done a very detailed and meticulous job of testing the different modules of the phone. And they use different benchmarks and do use proper equipments unlike those "bozos" who held the phone for ten minutes then declared it counter intuitive and hard to use during a live broadcast. Hello, people from developing/third world countries found and learned how to use it. Anyway, there are a lot of smart people out there who would look for reviews like this and help them decide. I already convinced a few.

As usual here is the best part and a snippet from the article. Thanks to tcee- for this good find.

Verdict
    Review Device: BlackBerry Z10 SmartphoneReview Device: BlackBerry Z10 Smartphone

Blackberry is in a tight spot – the Z10 is the Canadian firm's only hope as they fight for their place amongst the established touchscreen competition. With all of our testing behind us, we grant that the smartphone has good chances. Why? Well, first off, the Z10 has a timeless, dignified look, the more so as it's stable and well-manufactured. But the 4.2 inch device increases its powers of persuasion when you take a look at its inner parts: A powerful Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 SoC with an Adreno 225 graphics card and an ample 2 GB RAM, along with good connectivity. Good connectivity meaning: Micro HDMI, WLAN a/b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0, NFC, GPS and LTE are all on board – any other questions? Another attraction is the brightest smartphone display on the market, with a brilliant image and a quick and precise touchscreen. The smart, intuitive operation and the great multi-tasking and keyboard concepts score more points for the device. The application performance is also very good. Further plus factors are the respectable battery run times, a removable battery and the 16 GB of internal mass memory, which can be expanded via micro SD cards. That's not to mention the intelligent business features.

Admittedly, the camera modules are nothing spectacular, the accessories aren't extensive by any means and the glass surface could be a little more stable. Working with the new Blackberry 10 OS operating system takes a little getting used to, and the Blackberry store is very sparse at the moment. But on the whole, in our opinion these are not very serious points of criticism.

So, do we recommend buying the Blackberry Z10? Let's put it this way: A current street price of about 530 euros (UVP: 629 euros) is no joke. But anyone who's looking to call one of the latest flagship smartphones their own and is willing to try out the new operating system should definitely take a closer look at this device.

Review RIM BlackBerry Z10 Smartphone - NotebookCheck.net Reviews
    Last edited by La Emperor; 03-26-13 at 11:40 AM.
    03-26-13 11:00 AM
    I like how the first phone is yours. lol Too funny! Let us know how you like it as you mess around with it today. Keeps us occupied...
    I'm jealous my wife has yet to give me approval to do the same. But I'm fighting the good fight lol
    AnimalPak200 likes this.
    03-26-13 11:00 AM
    Any insights on the sales at T-Mobile outlet? I won't be surprise some analysts would do a random or selective survey and write a negative note for tomorrow ahead of ER
    03-26-13 11:02 AM
    Great review here. Thanks for posting.
    03-26-13 11:04 AM
    Anyone know a good place to find a quick synopsis of devices shipped, sold and subscriber numbers per quarter for the last couple years? There has to be an easier way than looking through all the quarterly reports.
    03-26-13 11:10 AM
    Z10 Consumer Review and Rating at ATT site

Total 53 people provided their review and rating. Except for two, 51 people gave excellent rating of the phone with average 4.9 out of 5.
    Also it is interesting to notice that the two who gave a bad rating did not provide much of information about themselves while all the other 51 people (who gave the excellent rating to Z10) provided all the detailed information such as Location, Age, Gender, primarily use, etc.
    It is obvious to me that the two bashes who even do not own the phone.

I don't care how the stock reacts to the media bashing. One thing is for sure that a product with 100% costumer satisfaction is going to sell well. It may not be on the first day or week, but it will sell well eventually.
    Therefore, I am very comfortable to hold (or add a little more) my BBRY shares for the long term appreciation. Just like someone said "Wake me up when it hits $100".
    03-26-13 11:11 AM
    BlackBerry Z10 Phones Fly Like Penguins Off Shelves In U.S. - Forbes

Not another day without negative highlights to the stock....
    03-26-13 11:12 AM
    Z10 Consumer Review and Rating at ATT site

Total 53 people provided their review and rating. Except for two, 51 people gave excellent rating of the phone with average 4.9 out of 5.
    Also it is interesting to notice that the two who gave a bad rating did not provide much of information about themselves while all the other 51 people (who gave the excellent rating to Z10) provided all the detailed information such as Location, Age, Gender, primarily use, etc.
    It is obvious to me that the two bashes who even do not own the phone.

I don't care how the stock reacts to the media bashing. One thing is for sure that a product with 100% costumer satisfaction is going to sell well. It may not be on the first day or week, but it will sell well eventually.
    Therefore, I am very comfortable to hold (or add a little more) my BBRY shares for the long term appreciation. Just like someone said "Wake me up when it hits $100".
    I agree with you. It always holds true that a quality product will sell well
    03-26-13 11:14 AM
    Or, they could just get you to write it.

Any insights on the sales at T-Mobile outlet? I won't be surprise some analysts would do a random or selective survey and write a negative note for tomorrow ahead of ER
    bungaboy likes this.
    03-26-13 11:21 AM
113,256 ... 476477478479480 ...