View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Hahaha, flying pork sounds delicious! It would make me happy to see that (and BBRY going back up to $15+).
    I don't think you will need to wait too long....
    03-25-13 11:47 AM
    Here's some positive news....
    Likely to beat estimates.

http://m.yahoo.com/w/legobpengine/fi...us&.lang=en-us
    Charles Martin1 and bungaboy like this.
    03-25-13 11:51 AM
    Wish Cramer the Sheppard would get on the bandwagon and start advising his listeners to sell.
    Acumenight likes this.
    03-25-13 11:52 AM
    Seems to going up a few pennies. I'll take that. lol
    Charles Martin1 likes this.
    03-25-13 11:52 AM
    well, I had my finger on the button to sell today, but common sense took over, still long. Really disappointed with the AT&T launch however. Ignore the noise, stay strong out there.
    bungaboy likes this.
    03-25-13 12:00 PM
    I have a rhetorical question. Is it better for a company to keep quiet after their stock price takes such a horrendous plunge, or to try releasing some sort of a statement to reassure nervous investors before the release of an important ER? It seems to me that a few encouraging statements would calm the situation down, but then I'm just projecting my own insecurity about where we're at today...
    03-25-13 12:05 PM
    Look at the CEO of Tesla defending the company and how well that worked for the stock
    03-25-13 12:10 PM
    I have a rhetorical question. Is it better for a company to keep quiet after their stock price takes such a horrendous plunge, or to try releasing some sort of a statement to reassure nervous investors before the release of an important ER? It seems to me that a few encouraging statements would calm the situation down, but then I'm just projecting my own insecurity about where we're at today...
    I think when they issued that 1 million order press release that's what their intention was. You don't want to set a precedent where everytime the stock falls ppl expect the company to issue a good news/statement. However, if we weren't as close as we are to earnings I think they would've released something though.
    03-25-13 12:13 PM
    Correct. If you were CEO of a company and you knew figures were exceptional. There is no point in defending the stock every time the media has some sort of negativity to publish, this is EXACTLY what the media wants you to do. The media ALWAYS wins. TH knows something we don't, and those are hard numbers. Those are subscribers. Those are businesses in North America lined up for Blackberry. If Blackberry comes out of ER with 1 billion plus in cash and 0 debt that's great. Add to that sales of BB10, sales of previous phones, and a few naked pics of Alicia Keys, then bam. We are good to go.

But then again, this market is goofy, so actually good news might set it back.
    03-25-13 12:21 PM
    the rumor I heard was 300,000 in store sales with online sales at 640,000...

I heard that from this dude named Sparky...
    Just came from Tim Horton's and people were saying ATT sold over 1,000,000 Z10s over the weekend.
    03-25-13 12:22 PM
    Looks like The Selected Fruits TA is dead on...well called, holding the 14.20.
    Thanks Shaneredflag.

There is a big battle going on out there at the $14.20 level. Let's wait and see how it plays out this week.
    03-25-13 12:34 PM
    You're in Waterloo? Go check out BlackBerrys parking lots. If they are empty that means they have all been sent to the U.S. for some huge marketing campaign.
    My average share price is a lot higher than $16 and I'm not panicing, just not in a very good mood at the moment. I have a long position on this stock and I 100% believe the company will return to profit.
    I am heading out to the beer store and loading up for Thursday. I will be drinking in celebration or drinking to forget about the stock market for the long weekend.
    Im in Waterloo too =D
    bungaboy likes this.
    03-25-13 12:35 PM
    Just a thought... the short interest should be published on Wednesday, right? And then the ER and EC are on Thursday before the market opens.

Sounds like the makings of a perfect storm.
    Tuesday after market close
    03-25-13 12:37 PM
    Because of the ER on Thursday there are a lot of things TH can't say. But there are still some things he can report. For example I'm sure that AT&T sales numbers are high when compring it to opening sales from the other carriers that have launched.
    It could read "CEO reports opening weekend sales from AT&T are one of the best that the Z10 has seen from a single carrier"
    arfin and LuckyJP like this.
    03-25-13 12:38 PM
    03-25-13 12:42 PM
    check this out apparently this is where the 1 000 000 units are going god news bad news any thoughts? BlackBerry's Million-Smartphone Mystery Partner: Brightstar

BlackBerry's Million-Smartphone Mystery Partner Is Brightstar - John Paczkowski - Mobile - AllThingsD
    Acumenight and bungaboy like this.
    03-25-13 12:42 PM
    check this out apparently this is where the 1 000 000 units are going god news bad news any thoughts? BlackBerry's Million-Smartphone Mystery Partner: Brightstar

http://allthingsd.com/20130325/blackberrys-million-smartphone-mystery-partner-brightstar/?reflink=ATD_yahoo_ticker]BlackBerry's Million-Smartphone Mystery Partner Is Brightstar - John Paczkowski - Mobile - AllThingsD[/url]
    If Blackberry cured cancer, the media would put a negative spin on it.
    03-25-13 12:48 PM
    i'm so confused as to what to do with my shares, they really have to beat street estimates in order for bbry to move up into the 18's, if ER turns out to be average this thing is gonna probably tank, I can see 11 or 12 on average ER report
    03-25-13 12:54 PM

http://allthingsd.com/20130325/blackberrys-million-smartphone-mystery-partner-brightstar/?reflink=ATD_yahoo_ticker]BlackBerry's Million-Smartphone Mystery Partner Is Brightstar - John Paczkowski - Mobile - AllThingsD[/url]

This article is most likely bull****..............
    03-25-13 12:56 PM
    Just came from Tim Horton's and people were saying ATT sold over 1,000,000 Z10s over the weekend.
    If enough people tweet this, it'll probably be taken as true and the stock will go up! LOL

Posted via CB10
    DragonFlyer and bungaboy like this.
    03-25-13 01:05 PM
    I don't think Thursday ER is going to be phenomenal. It will beat estimates but not by a huge margin. Fears regarding service revenue etc. will remain. Analysts will ask questions about - 'sell through' and whether the initial purchase is just based on pent-up demand? Basically, analysts will ask questions that BlackBerry won't be able to provide a black&white answer to. Analysts will then spin that very negatively.

I think next major rally will come with introduction of Q10. And stock will really take-off in June or September (likely, September since that'd be first quarter of both Z10 and Q10 sales). I think After Z10 and Q10 have been available for full quarter, this stock will become far less volatile and won't react to such ridiculously stupid (and sometimes blatantly false) negative news article.
    03-25-13 01:05 PM
    I can't fault the downgrade for its definitely a cautionary stance after the poor AT&T reception. TH and BBRY team needs to drum up carrier support for the phone. If they fail with the BB10 hype this time around, the Q10 is likely to falter as well. I honestly think that they overlooked this and felt that the healthy reception in Canada will follow through. With 20 - 30% more marketing efforts by AT&T and Best Buy, it could have been a USD18 stock today. The thought on the start of the trading day for BBRY shares is beginning to send shivers into my spine :/

Also a downside risk to the Q10, is the underwhelming response to street estimates. Think again, would you want to return to a smaller screen say 3.1" on the Q10 after using a phone with larger displays (e.g. 4.0" - 5.5")? Unlikely to convert the existing touch screen users despite being appealing to the existing keypad phone users. 3.7" on the Q10 could have been a saving grace, I reckon.
    I'm coming from a 5.3 inch galaxy note, loving the design of the q10. I can live with a smaller screen if there's a beast mechanical keyboard
    03-25-13 01:14 PM
    So Verizon's Z10 launch is tomorrow right? Anyone expecting the same bombardment of doom and gloom articles, or are we actually expecting something different from big red?
    03-25-13 01:34 PM
    So Verizon's Z10 launch is tomorrow right? Anyone expecting the same bombardment of doom and gloom articles, or are we actually expecting something different from big red?

hopefully BB is better positioned for verizons launch in terms of negative marketing
    BlackistheBerry likes this.
    03-25-13 01:36 PM
    Initially I did but I am hopeful it will not be.
    03-25-13 01:37 PM
113,256 ... 467468469470471 ...