View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Added this morning just 250 shares under $14 as funds are low. If the shorts want to subsidies my BBRY purchases then who are we to complain.

Posted via CB10
    03-25-13 09:37 AM
    I understand what's happening, but unlike many of you I don't like it.
    03-25-13 09:44 AM
    I don't like it either (for being Long) but massive daily swings like this are a day traders wet dream
    03-25-13 09:47 AM
    WOW, some of you people need to take some drugs, this is no big deal, it is a great buying op. Here is the long term chart of the stock:

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-rim-march-25-2013-chart.jpg

We are still trending higher, nothing has changed here. The stock has dropped back into the sym-triangle again, rare indeed, but it has happened. We are neutral on trading and have plenty of time to setup for earnings here. There is nothing in the slightest to indicate that we will go below todays low here, not $ 13.00/shr, not $ 12.00/shr, nothing, if you believe that you need to buy bonds.

This second chart shows us that the trends are in place, that we opened below the 50-dma and traded down to the uptrend line of the triangle and now we are in the middle of it and volume is slowing. We will possibly test the uptrend line again, but there is good support here above $ 14.00/shr too so that might not happen. From here we build again for another rally. This is a shake out but it isn't a change in trend. The trend is still up here.

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-rim-march-25a-2013-chart.jpg

If you are thinking of buying, look at the green circle, that is the range, you buy as close to the bottom of the range and if you are bearish and see the world coming to an end, you sell near the top are of the green circle. The point is, we have zero indication that the low today will be seen again this year. The chart is intact, the computer driven trading is following it perfectly, you just need to stay calm and trade within the boundaries here. With the first hour in place, things have settled out, I don't think the news had anything to do with us dropping back into the sym-triangle here, this was planned. What we do from here is important, the 50-dma is the hurdle here, we need to get above it which is at $ 14.76/shr. The boundary for a breakout is the downtrend line of the sym-triangle which is slightly below the 50-dma. And so you would watch for us to make a higher high than this mornings number ($ 14.62/shr) for the first sign that we are done on the downside here. GL

PS. We had traded to both the uptrend line and the downtrend line this morning, very rare indeed but it appears as though the strength is back up from here. Follow the chart boundaries carefully and don't worry yourself so much!!!
    03-25-13 09:48 AM
    Commented
    Thank you for the follow-up.

There's something that should be kept in mind here, when dealing with comportomental behavior (lines) and figures (sales).
    Both (loyal-ish) BlackBerry users and Frank Boulben's plan are particular. As you noted in your article (thx again for that), BB users in U.S will probably prefer an online-shipped-to-home order than a share-my-ice-cream lineup .

Also (and I believe it' the main point here), F. Boulben's marketing strategy is innovative (in super-short = step one : demos face to face - step two: launch for loyalists, rave them, spread the word on social media - step 3 : engage the cavalry). THAT innovative (I can't remind any other competitor doing this) it is very difficult to compare it to other launches, because the steps involved are not the same. A typical launch -a la appl or Sam - would be (in very short again = step 1: organize leaks, step 2: massive advertising, step 3: launch).
    (Edited) The rumored BlackBerry 10 launch budget is $1 Billion; just count what's on the table now ... and what's up in their sleeves.

Finally, it's even more difficult when you consider that the scales are not the same - at all - to define a successful launch for Z10 alone. Yes, Q10 (the physical keyboard device) is coming and that's a short term event that most analysts simply forget to mention (go figure).

A simplistic way to resolve this equation would be to snapshot a *blasting* launch event (ip5 or SIII ?) and scale it to current BlackBerry market shares. Then, divide it by 2 (1.5 ? 2.5 ? make your bets !), considering the Q10 release in a few weeks.

As of date, this means the following scaling parameters (rounded figures):
    Samsung : 50% V.S 8% market share : 6.25 to 1 (12.5 to 1 w/ Q10)
    Apple : 32% V.S 8% market share : 4 to 1 (8 to 1 w/Q10)
    I'll let you do the maths ...
    Last edited by Superfly_FR; 03-25-13 at 10:06 AM.
    morganplus8 and bungaboy like this.
    03-25-13 09:53 AM
    Most of the usual media outlets have been pounding on the stock, citing the the Neutral stand by GS, adding a couple more bearish opinions which had been out there for a few weeks now, thus giving the article some extra weight.

Now what I can't fathom is why GS, all of a sudden turned their back. Yeah I can see the launch as not as grandeur as the other devices but ****, sampling 20 stores out of the total 17000 ( AT&T + Best Buy combined ) seems a little too early to make a conclusion. Perhaps they're being ultra conservative unlike Jeffries and Well F.

Their report says some stores made 10+ sales while other were lackluster. Devices were sold, there is no doubt about that. Online checks made by some posters here says it is sold out. Amazon is reporting it #1 in unlocked category. Question is , were they factored in their check.

The thing is GS, can easily change their mind again in a few days.

This is what's great in contrarian investing. Most media outlets are pushing investors in one way. Those in the know seems to do the opposite. I would take Prem W on my side anytime. He has the insides on whats going on in BB turf. He knows what the future lies ahead and on what paradigm shift that needs to happen with BB in the middle of it. He understands the power of QNX, on what disruptive technology it can do .
    I can only hope he is right and TH can deliver.

Anyway, if BB eventually succeeds PW belongs with one of the geniuses in investing. He will truly deserve the title of WB of the north
    If not, then you know the answer.

Great case study for future financial gurus out there.
    Last edited by La Emperor; 03-25-13 at 10:10 AM.
    03-25-13 09:54 AM
    It would appear that many of us have increased our position in the passed couple of weeks and very few of us have lowered our position. With the BB10 now making its way into the hands of Americans, I would expect to see an increase in retail investors when they see how good the product is. Does the increasing percentage of retail investment make it harder or easier to manipulate the share price?
    03-25-13 09:56 AM
    03-25-13 09:58 AM
    It would appear that many of us have increased our position in the passed couple of weeks and very few of us have lowered our position. With the BB10 now making its way into the hands of Americans, I would expect to see an increase in retail investors when they see how good the product is. Does the increasing percentage of retail investment make it harder or easier to manipulate the share price?
    IMHO would never been much more than a drop in the bucket ( Moooooh : is that correct ? We say 'a drop in the ocean')
    Last edited by Superfly_FR; 03-25-13 at 10:12 AM.
    bungaboy and DragonFlyer like this.
    03-25-13 10:02 AM
    I don't like it either (for being Long) but massive daily swings like this are a day traders wet dream

Especially if you have money to play options in both directions, absolute killing to be made. I have been cleaning up on weekly calls
    03-25-13 10:04 AM
    I have to admit that while I expected there to be a bear raid, i never imagined that it would have dropped into the $13s so quickly. I hope the dropping is done now.
    03-25-13 10:14 AM
    TH better pull a rabbit out of his *** during ER... lol

I called it. 3rd time now were I was debating at profit taking and re-buying. 3rd time it would have worked in my favor. ****!
    Charles Martin1 and lcjr like this.
    03-25-13 10:15 AM
    TH better pull a rabbit out of his *** during ER... lol

I called it. 3rd time now were I was debating at profit taking and re-buying. 3rd time it would have worked in my favor. ****!
    warning: doesn't mean next time is the good one either ... (I'm a "professional" party poo lol)
    03-25-13 10:23 AM
    No doubt in my mind the stock will dip back into the 13's or even 12's come the earnings call. It will be a blood bath as no matter what BB produces it will be seen as bad news. Yo-Yo....You watch! That will be the time to pick up more.
    03-25-13 10:24 AM
    Misleading. Citi reiterated their sell rating, they didn't downgrade.
    03-25-13 10:24 AM
    Most of the usual media outlets have been pounding on the stock, citing the the Neutral stand by GS, adding a couple more bearish opinions which had been out there for a few weeks now, thus giving the article some extra weight.

Now what I can't fathom is why GS, all of a sudden turned their back. Yeah I can see the launch as not as grandeur as the other devices but ****, sampling 20 stores out of the total 17000 ( AT&T + Best Buy combined ) seems a little too early to make a conclusion. Perhaps they're being ultra conservative unlike Jeffries and Well F.

Their report says some stores made 10+ sales while other were lackluster. Devices were sold, there is no doubt about that. Online checks made by some posters here says it is sold out. Amazon is reporting it #1 in unlocked category. Question is , were they factored in their check.

The thing is GS, can easily change their mind again in a few days.

This is what's great in contrarian investing. Most media outlets are pushing investors in one way. Those in the know seems to do the opposite. I would take Prem W on my side anytime. He has the insides on whats going on in BB turf. He knows what the future lies ahead and on what paradigm shift that needs to happen with BB in the middle of it. He understands the power of QNX, on what disruptive technology it can do .
    I can only hope he is right and TH can deliver.

Anyway, if BB eventually succeeds PW belongs along with one of the geniuses in investing. He will truly deserve the title of WB of the north
    If not, then you know the answer.

Great case study for future financial gurus out there.
    On Amazon it is only #1 under the NEW tab... because it is the only new phone and is weighted. On the overall unlocked tab it's at #10, it makes a difference.

Citi also did "checks" and found fewer than 5% of stores had sold out, despite the fact that most only received limited quanties.

They have a target price of $6 for the stock now.

The problem is I haven't seen much to dispute the reports of lacklusters sales. (sure hope you aren't investing money based on what someone in a fourm "reports" - I suggest you go visit a few ATT locations yourself)
    La Emperor likes this.
    03-25-13 10:27 AM
    I wonder what the likelihood of BBRY coming out in the black in Thursday's ER...that would be a wonderful thing.
    03-25-13 10:27 AM
    I wonder what the likelihood of BBRY coming out in the black in Thursday's ER...that would be a wonderful thing.
    Well, TH seems really confident. There were apparently record numbers at launch and BB has revamped their way in analyzing their sub base (for the better)! I was hoping for a +16 dollar stock by Thursday just in case.
    Acumenight and fedakd like this.
    03-25-13 10:30 AM
    You the man Morgan... You the man!!!
    bungaboy likes this.
    03-25-13 10:33 AM
    I have to admit that while I expected there to be a bear raid, i never imagined that it would have dropped into the $13s so quickly. I hope the dropping is done now.
    I would like to get back in but am afraid to do so till tomorrow. I also fear the Verizon release as if it does not turn things around . . . . well it will not be pretty!

Morgan still says this is no big deal! Sorry but when the stock reacts like this to the AT&T introduction. it is a big deal to many who got in at a much higher price.
    Charles Martin1 likes this.
    03-25-13 10:33 AM
    No doubt in my mind the stock will dip back into the 13's or even 12's come the earnings call. It will be a blood bath as no matter what BB produces it will be seen as bad news. Yo-Yo....You watch! That will be the time to pick up more.
    Yes, but if the SP doesn't go back up those shares you buy cheap are worthless. I'd prefer to see it at least above $16 again before ER, then let it loose to go up. Can't keep it down forever or this serves no purpose.
    BlackistheBerry likes this.
    03-25-13 10:35 AM
    No coffee for the bulls today ? (Last Friday lesson learned ?)
    Attached Thumbnails The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-capture.jpg  
    03-25-13 10:35 AM
    I would like to get back in but am afraid to do so till tomorrow. I also fear the Verizon release as if it does not turn things around . . . . well it will not be pretty!

Morgan still says this is no big deal! Sorry but when the stock reacts like this to the AT&T introduction. it is a big deal to many who got in at a much higher price.
    I thought you cashed out in the green?
    03-25-13 10:38 AM
    No coffee for the bulls today ? (Last Friday lesson learned ?)
    I bought a boatload at $13.85...anything above that is great!
    morganplus8 likes this.
    03-25-13 10:40 AM
    I have to make some money on this before I can buy more. Even a mere 40 shares would help some in the long run.
    03-25-13 10:42 AM
113,256 ... 465466467468469 ...