View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    StreetInsider.com - Blackberry (BBRY) Z10 Progressing as Expected, Says Wells Fargo; Goldman Disagrees

Goldman probably has shorted the stock..

Buying 5000 more shares at opening.
    Bugmapper and DragonFlyer like this.
    03-25-13 07:54 AM
    Well then , this would be an ideal time for some huge bulls to step up to the plate.

Shaking out more weak hands. Thursday is the end-game and shorts know this. Has anyone noticed the huge increase in brutal (and inaccurate) articles and news reports on Blackberry and the Z10 in the last week? More reasons for me to buy more stock.

They want you out so they can cover, mark my words.
    03-25-13 07:54 AM
    Good morning guys (and gals?)!

Well, most of the negative sentiment in the last few days is directly attributed to the way AT&T handled opening day. I mean, I would have thought that since they were the first carrier out of the gate, it should have meant that they were more excited about the product... but the opposite happened as evidenced by the total lack of POP (point of purchase signage), demo models, informed sales, etc. I mean, did any of you notice one of the threads showing a poster of the WP8 phone that an AT&T store converted to a Z10 advert??? ... Handwritten, no less! Did the carrier drop the ball on this or was it in BB's hands?

So, for whatever reason, seems AT&T didn't feel the need to do any medium to heavy lifting for BB... Some people have suggested that AT&T was perhaps still upset about one of the botched launches in BB's past, or they are upset that Verizon got exclusive dibbs on White. Whatever the case, I think that this was just an anomaly and we should all expect better handling by the next 2 carriers launching this week. The AT&T debacle did more harm than good.
    Last edited by m0de25; 03-25-13 at 08:15 AM.
    Shanerredflag and bungaboy like this.
    03-25-13 07:59 AM
    Headlines will start to say, "Sales not as bad as first believed " later this week, and on Thursday the headlines will read, "BlackBerry is officially back in the game"
    03-25-13 08:01 AM
    Good morning guys (and gals?)!

Well, most of the negative sentiment in the last few days is directly attributed to the way AT&T handled opening day. I mean, I would have thought that since they were the first carrier out of the gate, it should have meant that they were more excited about the product... but the opposite happened as evidenced by the total lack of POP (point of purchase), demo models, informed sales, etc. I mean, did any of you notice one of the threads showing a poster of the WP8 phone that an AT&T store converted to a Z10 advert??? ... Handwritten, no less! Did the carrier drop the ball on this or was it in BB's hands?

So, for whatever reason, seems AT&T didn't feel the need to do any medium to heavy lifting for BB... Some people have suggested that AT&T was perhaps still upset about one of the botched launches in BB's past, or they are upset that Verizon got exclusive dibbs on White. Whatever the case, I think that this was just an anomaly and we should all expect better handling by the next 2 carriers launching this week. The AT&T debacle did more harm than good.

I think that this is why they wanted to be first out. Aren't they the number one carrier for Apple?
    03-25-13 08:03 AM
    Place sounds like a Debbie Downer Convention this morning.

Stick with the plan.
    03-25-13 08:06 AM

Stick with the plan.
    My plan was to buy more tomorrow but I think the worst may be over. Nothing could have been worst than Goldman sticking the knife in.
    03-25-13 08:09 AM

Stick with the plan.
    Yup, I'm still setting my sell orders at $25, $35, and $50 for the rest of April! (Hey, I've got a 12 year timeline on this so I could care less what a couple of Manipulation Houses have to say)
    03-25-13 08:10 AM
    03-25-13 08:11 AM
    I think that this is why they wanted to be first out. Aren't they the number one carrier for Apple?
    I'm not in the US, but I'm pretty sure they were Apple's exclusive carrier for the first few years... So maybe that's another reason for their lack of excitement. Good point.
    03-25-13 08:14 AM
    StreetInsider.com - Blackberry (BBRY) Z10 Progressing as Expected, Says Wells Fargo; Goldman Disagrees

Goldman probably has shorted the stock..

Buying 5000 more shares at opening.
    "Goldman thinks sales at most locations were about 10 unit per day, though many were observed to sell just 2 or 3 units per day. Stores were receiving anywhere from 5 to 15 units at launch."

That is still a lot of units! No?
    bungaboy likes this.
    03-25-13 08:15 AM
    Morgan Stanley with an upgrade, then Goldman with a downgrade and Wells Fargo with an everything is fine.....

the only thing to break the tie is real time sales figures and costs of course; but since we don't have that, i expect the following:
    if BB goes down into the earnings as it looks like BB will rebound; if BB somehow rallies into earnings expect another sell off;
    roller coaster all the way
    03-25-13 08:16 AM
    "Goldman thinks sales at most locations were about 10 unit per day, though many were observed to sell just 2 or 3 units per day. Stores were receiving anywhere from 5 to 15 units at launch."

That is still a lot of units! No?

I think so...certainly not a reason for downgrading. Perhaps their trigger finger got itchy
    03-25-13 08:17 AM
    From a poster on SA this morning.

One of the more intelligent comments I thought.

I am dutch and we were the first to have a public traded company. The VOC. What surprises me is that in total about 20 percent of the value plus minus 1,6 billion of value for BBRY was lost from opening till now based on some reviews of sales of shops in the US. I dont understand why investors believe the stock is all about the sales on the first day and only in the US.
    03-25-13 08:23 AM
    And look! Already somebody has stolen one of them.
    03-25-13 08:27 AM
    Opening soon...I wonder if it plunges another dollar yet.
    03-25-13 08:27 AM
    Ouch starting down 1.15 today....
    03-25-13 08:31 AM
    There are two events that could happen here, we have not confirmed yesterdays sell-off so we could bounce back into the new green channel within the next 2 days or so. We could also form a new channel that would see us rally once again when earnings come out. And so the trade for Monday looks to be range bound by testing the 50-dma which will be around $ 14.77/shr on Monday, and trading up to the $ 15.75/shr area.

What you know see is a much more muted response to the bullish side of the trade with an upside that targets only the 52 week highs and nothing more. And so you need to see if our support holds, followed by some move to neutral in the early part of the day, and finally a setup for a rally going into Tuesday. You would watch the volume, the general market, the news and see if we can hold support. The downside is $ 13.50 or the uptrend line within the sym-triangle if everything is really bearish all day here.
    looks like we'll see $13.50 real soon.
    morganplus8 likes this.
    03-25-13 08:33 AM
    Canceled the weekend buy order I had. Thank you Frankfort.

Looks like a much cheaper entry point now

Posted via CB10
    03-25-13 08:34 AM
    "The rope-a-dope is performed by a boxer assuming a protected stance (in Ali's classic pose, lying against the ropes which allows much of the punch's energy to be absorbed by the ropes' elasticity rather than the boxer's body) while allowing his opponent to hit him, providing only enough counter-attack to avoid the referee thinking the boxer is no longer able to continue and thus ending the match via technical knockout. The plan is to cause the opponent to "punch himself out" and make mistakes which the boxer can then exploit in a counter-attack." Just sayin'

Rope-a-dope - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    03-25-13 08:34 AM
    Bought another 1000 share block @ 13.93$ on BB.TO.... Bittersweet
    03-25-13 08:35 AM
    So, after upgrading the stock only 2 weeks ago, Goldman has now downgraded it from $19 to $17. I wonder if MS will do the same?.
    This will be the bears week into earnings, IMO.
    Yeah, I wonder what they are going to do when the Q10 starts rolling out in a few weeks? Downgrade to sell - $10? Then when the new playbooks with BB10 on them roll out? Downgrade again to sell - $5, Then when the Aristo / Sliders start to come out downgrade again from Sell to "give your stock away" - $0
    03-25-13 08:35 AM
    ahhh....nice feeling this morning...I LOVE making money!!!
    Bugmapper likes this.
    03-25-13 08:41 AM
    Welll I jumped in again at 13.75$ lower than my initial purchase and low enough to grab a profit on the 28th
    03-25-13 08:42 AM
    Well men, I wish you all the best going into ER and the great beyond.

BTW, are there any women on this site??? I could see if this was a site for RISK (board game)...lol
    Shanerredflag likes this.
    03-25-13 08:46 AM
113,256 ... 463464465466467 ...