View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Amazon Best Sellers: best Unlocked Cell Phones
    Were a head of the iphone 5 at least on amazon ,it moved up 3 places just today
    bungaboy, BBNation and Acumenight like this.
    03-24-13 05:05 PM
    Amazon Best Sellers: best Unlocked Cell Phones
    Were a head of the iphone 5 at least on amazon ,it moved up 3 places just today
    Well, it's in the top 10...can't complain about that.

Anyone see the Windows Phone anywhere in the list? Or the Nokia phones???

Lol
    bungaboy and Acumenight like this.
    03-24-13 05:17 PM
    I read a lot of negative comments regarding TH on this thread Friday and Saturday. I do enjoy reading these comments even if I don't agree them. This room is filled a lot of smart people with differing opinions that all have one thing in common, the success of BlackBerry.
    Now let me play 'devil's advocate' since TH isn't here to defend himself.
    People are saying "TH is talking about other future interests when he should be focusing on the Z10 launch in the U.S."
    TH already knows the pre-order numbers and what the interest is in the Z10. He knows that he has already hit a homerun. So what's next? Prepare for the next inning and hit a grand slam by loading the bases.

Now here is a guy that is singing our song! http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...48/index3.html

P.S. Sorry Superfly_FR for not using a football/soccer analogy, but it is after all America's weekend and baseball is America's sport.
    03-24-13 05:21 PM
    A quick look back to this time last year and a little trouble maker names ALBOINI from Jaguar Financial was having the company chunked up and sold as whale bait. BlackBerry has come a long way in one year and this ride is far from over...everyone here knows that I think. The name is escaping me but last ER a huge shareholder liquidated their position in BB too...which did not help the free fall. I don't think that will occur this ER...just some thoughts, stay calm and lets watch what tomorrow brings.
    03-24-13 05:31 PM
    I read a lot of negative comments regarding TH on this thread Friday and Saturday. I do enjoy reading these comments even if I don't agree them. This room is filled a lot of smart people with differing opinions that all have one thing in common, the success of BlackBerry.
    Now let me play 'devil's advocate' since TH isn't here to defend himself.
    People are saying "TH is talking about other future interests when he should be focusing on the Z10 launch in the U.S."
    TH already knows the pre-order numbers and what the interest is in the Z10. He knows that he has already hit a homerun. So what's next? Prepare for the next inning and hit a grand slam by loading the bases.

Now here is a guy that is singing our song! http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...48/index3.html

P.S. Sorry Superfly_FR for not using a football/soccer analogy, but it is after all America's weekend and baseball is America's sport.

True. I find that I b!tch a lot but keep buying it on the dips...different perspectives, personalities, etc. It's all good. I may not be happy to see it dip all the time but I believe enough in the company to buy more when the SP falls enough.

I like it here though. Of all the investments I own, this is the only one that I am part of investors group. The differences of opinion are healthy and I hope helps to balance outlooks. There are very few straight lines in stock movements, and where there are they are short lived.
    Last edited by Charles Martin1; 03-24-13 at 05:52 PM.
    03-24-13 05:38 PM
    Well, it's in the top 10...can't complain about that.

Anyone see the Windows Phone anywhere in the list? Or the Nokia phones???

Lol
    It's not launch weekend for Windows Phones! Hahahaha...

Samsung ATIV Odyssey is #15 on phones with a service plan, though. I don't know which list is more impressive.
    Amazon Best Sellers: best Cell Phones With Service Plans

The ATIV Odyssey also happens to be #1 on the "Hot New Releases" list for phones with a service plan. Z10 shares a place on the list at #7.
    Amazon.com Hot New Releases: The best-selling new & future releases in Cell Phones With Service Plans

Lumia 920 is #6 AT&T phone with a service plan; but, all AT&T devices are all low on Amazon Wireless' list.

The Z10 is the #1 "Hot New Release" in unlocked cellphones.
    Amazon.com Hot New Releases: The best-selling new & future releases in Unlocked Cell Phones

I'd like to remark at this point that many of the phones on the unlocked list are not in fact purchased for American use; but, by foreigners who desire cheap American electronic prices. The Z10, with its hefty overseas price tags, may be especially prone to this phenomenon. All the Amazon unlocked list may really be showing us is that Apple price gouges Britons more than Nokia.
    Last edited by sentimentGX4; 03-24-13 at 06:42 PM.
    03-24-13 06:19 PM
    Just wondering....... Taking into account all that has happened on Friday, and over the weekend, what does the graph tomorrow look like?
    Will it continue to go lower as some here have suggested or will it rally up?
    Will the media continue with the negative stories regarding the launch, or will we start to notice a change in their tone?
    03-24-13 06:36 PM
    It's not launch weekend for Windows Phones! Hahahaha...

Samsung ATIV Odyssey is #15 on phones with a service plan, though. I don't know which list is more impressive.
    Amazon Best Sellers: best Cell Phones With Service Plans

Lumia 920 is #6 AT&T phone with a service plan; but, all AT&T devices are all low on Amazon Wireless' list.

I'd like to remark at this point that many of the phones on the unlocked list are not in fact purchased for American use; but, by foreigners who desire cheap American electronic prices. The Z10, with its hefty overseas price tags, may be especially prone to this phenomenon.
    Your're a Windows Phone Fan. We get it. Please refresh yourself on the title of this thread and behave accordingly. Thanks.

I'm not that much of a fanboy; though, I do find myself defending the (WP) platform more often than I'd like to.
    03-24-13 06:38 PM
    Hmm I want to just let the stock do its thing and not look but its so hard not to look at the price LOL. This WAR between LONG and SHORT is pretty intense im sure when we are happy about the 8% gains the shorts start to worry. Then im also sure some here worry when it drops 8% for me it effects me abit. Just feel like im being greedy when the stock is going up.

Hmmm maybe I wont look this week untill after earnings!!

Wish me luck! This will be hard I check the stock like 30 times a day hahhaah and this message board maybe 10 times
    Bugmapper and Markymark 23 like this.
    03-24-13 06:44 PM
    Good luck....

Posted via CB10
    03-24-13 06:55 PM
    Listen to the last line he says. "I have a hunch the optimists are on to something here". This from the Glob and Maul.

Low expectations greet RIM earnings, but will there be good news?

The Globe and Mail

Published Sunday, Mar. 24 2013, 6:29 PM EDT

Last updated Sunday, Mar. 24 2013, 6:56 PM EDT

With RIM shares trading on little substance these days, The Globe's David Berman explores how much of an impact the company's earnings report this week will have on the stock price. The report will give investors their first glimpse of actual sales figures for the BlackBerry maker's newest smartphone.
    Video: Market View: Low expectations greet RIM earnings, but will there be good news? - The Globe and Mail
    03-24-13 07:01 PM
    Good luck....

Posted via CB10
    Yes, good luck. I've tried a few times...
    Shanerredflag likes this.
    03-24-13 07:12 PM
    Hello there everyone. Just checking into see what's going on. Today I went on base to the Post Exchange (Mall) and noticed they finally had the Z10 display model out. Not the real thing yet, just a model. Pretty cool to see the actual size and stuff. Good news is there were younger folks looking at it too, but not for long because the actual phone won't show up here until next week sometime.
    03-24-13 07:17 PM
    I would be very careful with ER...Did some research on past performance after ER. Same cases all over. Few days before ER, huge dump followed by some healthy move up with another huge dump right after ER and then followed by upside. (no matter how good or bad ER was)This can scare a lot of ppl and can trigger a lot of stops if people are not ready. I believe in BBRY long term, however I will most probably close my position early next week and will wait for the dump to get in.
    I am hoping that we bounce off 14,70 area into 15,50ish before ER. - thats where I will close some positions I opened at 14,5. and will wait to see what happens.
    Are you an investor or speculator? I hope you are aware that this is speculation. And i\f unexpectedly good news (2 million units of sell through) does come out on Thursday, you are going to miss ALOT of upside.
    fedakd likes this.
    03-24-13 07:21 PM
    Okay. So I'm one of the people that are hoping / planning for some kind of squeeze (but I'm still long too, I just find the shorting a bit more suspicious than normal). Anyway, since I can't pay attention to the SP every minute, and I often can't react fast enough to take advantage of most of the spikes and dips, I was thinking that I will put in a sell order for all my shares at say... $100.00 good until end of April.

Now, I know that many of you will think that is just silly /naive but I prefer to think of it as preparing for the best and thinking positive.

So, if anyone else thinks there is a realistic (albeit slim) chance for a squeeze in the next few weeks, how high do you think it would likely go? I know, I know... This is highly unlikely to happen, but hypothetically speaking, how high do you think it would spike? Is $100 too high? $50? $200?
    Holy bug juice Bugmapper! You are apparently way ahead of me on the beers today. haha. No, I am thinking the same thing, but around the $25.00 mark. I really don't see the SP going to $100 until next year sometime after all the devices are released. Just my opinion mind you. I'm feeling it's going to hit $25 then dip deep, then repeat throughout the year. Good opportunities for sure.
    03-24-13 07:23 PM
    Did you guys see this from another thread?

http://www.amazon.com/gp/new-release...bUvbUpU8186928

Currently 1st, 2nd and 3rd for unlocked phones!

Posted via CB10
    Lehomer likes this.
    03-24-13 07:44 PM
    That's a hot, new phones list. Someone posted the link for best selling on another thread. Z10 was#9. It was behind 4 Samsung phones, 2 iPhones and 2 Nexus 4 models
    03-24-13 07:53 PM
    That's a hot, new phones list. Someone posted the link for best selling on another thread. Z10 was#9. It was behind 4 Samsung phones, 2 iPhones and 2 Nexus 4 models
    So in reality #4 as the others are simply different colours of the same phone, or different internal storage.

Posted via CB10
    morganplus8 likes this.
    03-24-13 07:58 PM
    Holy bug juice Bugmapper! You are apparently way ahead of me on the beers today. haha. No, I am thinking the same thing, but around the $25.00 mark. I really don't see the SP going to $100 until next year sometime after all the devices are released. Just my opinion mind you. I'm feeling it's going to hit $25 then dip deep, then repeat throughout the year. Good opportunities for sure.
    Yeah, but I don't think $25 is much of a squeeze. I think I'll prepare for $50, dropping back to 18-20 on good ER and a doozie of a rumour. (OK, maybe too much Guinness this weekend!)

Posted via CB10 on a BLACK Z10!
    lcjr likes this.
    03-24-13 08:32 PM
    Yeah, but I don't think $25 is much of a squeeze. I think I'll prepare for $50, dropping back to 18-20 on good ER and a doozie of a rumour. (OK, maybe too much Guinness this weekend!)

I sure hope that comes to pass my friend. I would love to see the SP shoot up to $50, even if it doesn't stay there. Luckily, I have the opportunity to monitor the SP pretty closely at work, barring any surprise meetings. I'm definitely excited about this week.
    03-24-13 08:40 PM
    Oh yeah, I am also out of spare funds to throw at this thing. That's why I want this to hurry up and shoot up so I can sell and make some money to buy more back on a dip. I wish I has the funds/shares to just sit back and wait this out, but there will be way too many dips and peaks throughout this year to pass up. Let it go up to $18 - $25 so I can make the money to put towards more shares.
    03-24-13 08:45 PM
    Oh yeah, I am also out of spare funds to throw at this thing. That's why I want this to hurry up and shoot up so I can sell and make some money to buy more back on a dip. I wish I has the funds/shares to just sit back and wait this out, but there will be way too many dips and peaks throughout this year to pass up. Let it go up to $18 - $25 so I can make the money to put towards more shares.
    Yup, me too. I can't let bbry get to more than 20% of my portfolio or I will lose all discipline in my strategy. Just hoping for that peak to make money soon.

lcjr and Acumenight like this.
    03-24-13 08:58 PM
    Just wondering....... Taking into account all that has happened on Friday, and over the weekend, what does the graph tomorrow look like?
    Will it continue to go lower as some here have suggested or will it rally up?
    Will the media continue with the negative stories regarding the launch, or will we start to notice a change in their tone?
    Sorry, my magic 8 ball is broken. Can't help you there.

No worries, I wasn't planning a parade. Can you tell me where I can buy an iPhone 6 ?
    No, but I can tell you there is probably a line up for it.
    Bugmapper and bungaboy like this.
    03-24-13 09:06 PM
    A quick look back to this time last year and a little trouble maker names ALBOINI from Jaguar Financial was having the company chunked up and sold as whale bait. BlackBerry has come a long way in one year and this ride is far from over...everyone here knows that I think. The name is escaping me but last ER a huge shareholder liquidated their position in BB too...which did not help the free fall. I don't think that will occur this ER...just some thoughts, stay calm and lets watch what tomorrow brings.
    The last good ER report was killed by service revenue questions during Q&A period and then lots of longs left as well. All longs that stayed until now should stay as good days are starting now. I wonder what would shorts find this..hmm..may be name change ? Can not think of anything..
    03-25-13 12:18 AM
    From Jeffries

http://www.scribd.com/doc/132184308/...es-and-Company

hockeyguy548 hockeyguy548 • 49 minutes ago Flag5 users liked this posts users disliked this posts 0 Reply Jefferies: Buy rating and $19.50 price target for BlackBerry
    Buy

Price Target: $19.50

We checked with 30+ stores following the Z10's launch on 3/22. We think demand is slightly better than our very modest expectations. Our checks also indicate that AT&T Business is seeing significant interest and could account for a meaningful portion of demand. We continue to see large upside to consensus May and Aug Q estimates and that BBRY's MDM opportunity is underappreciated.

AT&T checks. Our checks indicate that initial sell-in appears to be generally 10+ per store. Most cited sales as okay with a few slower and a handful stronger. Some stores were out of stock but expected replenishment shipments this week. Our checks also indicate that AT&T Business is seeing significant interest and could account for a meaningful portion of demand. We note that even if BBRY only has a niche 5% of the U.S. smartphone market with BB10 that represents a substantial rebound from its current Less
    Last edited by BBNation; 03-25-13 at 01:43 AM.
    zyben, dusdal, bungaboy and 4 others like this.
    03-25-13 12:27 AM
113,256 ... 460461462463464 ...